Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ in Soi Lengkee

China Garden

I have started this thread solely for Smokin' Joe's BBQ and the Admin rightly said the Steak & Co thread was getting off topic. I'd like to share some pictures of the Rib's we did today and the Beef Brisket, we are still finding our feet but with some positive input from customers and the forums we will give people what they want, within reason  :08:

Texas style salt & pepper rub, good covering to add a nice bark. Smoker on, extra smoke tube, cooked to 165, wrapped and finished at 190-195, rested for 4 hours and sliced. Notice the pink smoke ring  :GoldenSmile1: I should have cleaned up the board a little before i took the photo :-(

Brisket.jpg

IMG_1431 (1).jpg

Edited by China Garden

St Louis half rack, marinated over night in our Memphis Dust rub. then smoked at 225 for 2 hours, sprayed with Apple Juice and finished in foil. 

ribs.jpg

Ice Tea & Lemon Tea is coming, simple syrup & Lemon Juice is served on the side so if you wanna make it a Sweet Carolina Iced Tea just add away. We are serving the Tea in a half litre wine carafe which gives two full glasses.... we will see about refill's later. 

Early Bird specials are on the way, after feedback from you guys it will be priced focused rather then added value.... basically discounted before 17.00 pm 

IMG_1428.JPG

Edited by China Garden

You had me at Brisket mate. See you later this month.

You might go crazy when I say "Beef Ribs"  .. but they will be short Ribs smoked etc  (stock photo used)

ShortRibs-1.jpg

Edited by China Garden

You might go crazy when I say "Beef Ribs"  .. but they will be short Ribs smoked etc 

Just say Ribs and I'm excited lol. I'm sure I'm not in the minority with this but pics of the menu would be appreciated. I googled the place but no menu to be found.

Edited by Amon_Amarth

few pic's of inside ... new bespoke table mat's coming this week, using Steak & Co's until then

15230542_1618227981807566_6711367677250926078_n.jpg

15230724_1618228008474230_8256309126693355472_n.jpg

15327427_1618228011807563_1209075792577738517_n.jpg

15192663_1618227985140899_2582780419429845862_n.jpg

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 2

Photos of 

a) a half rack of ribs, and in a separate photo

b) 1/2 lb of brisket

with included in the picture either a 6 inch ruler or a dining fork, just to give an idea of size, would be nice, or maybe just a photo of what arrives in front of you for the Brisket & BBQ Ribs dish (including fork or ruler).

Some of us don't really know much about these American foods you're raving about, and some explanation starting at a lower level of knowledge would help.  You guys seem very keen on brisket - could you explain what it is?

Looks good with pop by in May. Love some good ribs.

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Photos of 

a) a half rack of ribs, and in a separate photo

b) 1/2 lb of brisket

with included in the picture either a 6 inch ruler or a dining fork, just to give an idea of size, would be nice, or maybe just a photo of what arrives in front of you for the Brisket & BBQ Ribs dish (including fork or ruler).

Some of us don't really know much about these American foods you're raving about, and some explanation starting at a lower level of knowledge would help.  You guys seem very keen on brisket - could you explain what it is?

We get the rib's cut 8 inches long, each rack weighs 1.0 - 2.0 kilo's, the constancy of Pork Rib's is my biggest problem, firstly the size of the pig and secondly the butcher is takes off most of the pork belly for Bacon. We are trying to find a good source for Rib but it's like pushing water up hill however we wont give up. We kinda do our part once we have them with the rub, marinating, smoking & 6 home-made BBQ sauces. 

Brisket comes from the front the cow, its a tough cut of meat and fairly fatty, ideal for low & slow BBQ. It has two muscles, the flat and the point, the point muscle is used for burn't end and the flat is used for slices which you saw above. When cooked right its moist and tender (but not mushy) and I would say it has "corned beef" type taste.  

We pretty much sold out of Brisket yesterday... a new ones gone in already, we will post some pictures of 1 lb later :-) The best part of Brisket is the ends, the part that's dark and kinda burnt looking, there lots of pepper and salt taste from the dry rub then the moist slightly fatty beef ... literally you can't stop picking at it ! 

Edited by China Garden

Cured Pork Belly, Rind off, Cold Smoked with Hickory, thickly sliced and pan fried... amazing ! These will find their way on to something for sure. 

bacon.jpg

• Like 1

You need a bigger sign outside. LOL

Seriously though, it looks like your doing it right based on what you've posted.

If the brisket is tender with a good smokey flavor then you are 90% there. The only other real variable is the sauce. Some people are like me and skip the sauce when the brisket is done right.

The prices look fair for the West, but for eating in Pattaya, they are over the top. I'm sure you knew this going in and if the niche is there, then it should do well. Marketing will be the key.

• Like 2

Looking great ,good luck with the new venture, will be in on the next trip.

• Like 1

You need a bigger sign outside. LOL

Seriously though, it looks like your doing it right based on what you've posted.

If the brisket is tender with a good smokey flavor then you are 90% there. The only other real variable is the sauce. Some people are like me and skip the sauce when the brisket is done right.

The prices look fair for the West, but for eating in Pattaya, they are over the top. I'm sure you knew this going in and if the niche is there, then it should do well. Marketing will be the key.

The prices are not cheap but my intention is to cater for people wanting not only quality food but a nice place to eat as well, I accept it's not for everyone and I have to deliver on the plate a better quality product then other eateries are lower prices but given a little time I'm confident I can do this. I'm also pining a lot of my hopes on the Door to Door delivery side of the business in low season, I'm doing the Early Bird Specials right now.

The Brisket out of the smoker and rested is CRAZY good, I wouldn't have it with sauce personally. 

Lots of pics with the title of the dish and a knife & fork in the pic for scale would be good, no hurry.  I just don't know what half this stuff you're raving about actually is - I live in France where they don't eat that kind of thing, but I'm very open-minded.  Don't think I've ever eaten ribs - do you cut them apart and then eat by hand??  So you're kind of eating meat off the bone?  Sorry I'm very ignorant aren't I?

...Don't think I've ever eaten ribs ...

I'm sorry to break this to you, but you are probably going to hell.

• Like 2