IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ in Soi Lengkee

China Garden

We kept the Mexican food for now but we are still looking into Nashville style fried Chicken (hot), sourcing the chilli powders from the USA (Carolina Reaper, Ghost Chilli etc). 

Desserts - September 2018.jpg

Tex Mex  1 - September 2018.jpg

Thai food - September 2018.jpg

• Like 3

Eat there tonight . Had the smoked Australian beef. Delicious and great value.

Also was pleased to see many beautiful ladies coming and going with their customers / boyfriends.

Will be back.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I've eaten at Smokin Joe's a few times this year, in May and August (2 to 3 times each Patts visit). Found that the quality and detailed options were great, and large portions. The brisket and ribs impressed me each time, and the choice in side dishes is great (different types of coleslaw :). The extensive beer menu brought the experience to another level. Very good service and the space is clean and new. I love American BBQ, and this was better than I can find near me in the USA. Will be back next month without doubt.

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Smokin' Joe's BBQ will offer a 'Thanksgiving Buffet' on Thursday 22nd November 2018 from '12 noon til gone'. Booking at the restaurant is advisable, we plan on making enough for 50 servings, this year it will be a help yourself buffet rather then plated last year (so we increased the price a little & included roast Ham). We will be using whole Norbest Turkeys, home-made stuffing, home-made Turkey & Sage Gravy, Roast and Mash etc.  

Thanks Giving 2018.jpg

• 1 month later...

I especially like the build your own combo setup.  I'll be able to have my standard brisket and sausage plate that was my favorite back in Texas.  Which of your sauces would you say is closest to what is found in Texas BBQs?

Cheers on keeping the Mexican food on the menu.  Yet another reason (including your breakfasts) to make several visits on my trips to Pattaya (a few times a year).

SMH  an American style restaurant spelling Appetizer with an 's'. :D

A shame they dropped the daily special. That was good value and tempted me in at some point most weeks.

5 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

A shame they dropped the daily special. That was good value and tempted me in at some point most weeks.

I understood the Daily Special has been back for about a month now

On 29/10/2018 at 03:24, kahuna1 said:

different types of coleslaw :)

Unfortunately they now only have one type of coleslaw. They seems to have cut down a bit on the sides in general. Still my favorite place for food in Pattaya though.

On 09/12/2018 at 03:52, socrates said:

I understood the Daily Special has been back for about a month now

No, i just had a nosey at the menu. The outdoor board just advertises breakfast.

maybe thinking of steak & co? ....which does have specials on the board

Had a customised breakfast at SJ, all in 280 Baht. Two toasts, two eggs, juice, coffee, hash brown, two portions bacon, sausage one portion. Fantastic and filling and great quality. They have a 95 Baht option but this gives you more flexibility.

• 1 month later...

Smoking Joe, u were out of pork early tonight for tacos? Weird.

Could I suggest build your own taco as opposed to the poorly described on menu tacos you have. I wanted guacamole, but it didn't come with Mexican taco, only the Cali taco. I was looking for sides to throw on my tacos and there was none. Some salsa? Jalapenos? Cheese. All of these u have on hand. The Cali taco was far from worth ever ordering again.

Not wanting to rubbish the place as I have some exceptional ribs there a few times. The mex left me very unimpressed.

The guacamole when it did arrive was from an old avocado. I had to dig around the old black bits.

I found it strange my Cali taco had lettuce the shade of white and my caeser salad was very green and awesome as usual.

I've attached a pic. Build your own taco and I'll be back to try. Cheers

a18eb1676e733cd4728977d9e5450576.jpg

Sent from my HTC_U-3u using Tapatalk

ummm

• 4 months later...

I will be staying in one of the rooms above Smokin Joe's for my trip in mid September.

I'm looking forward to try out the breakfast, pull porked sandwich and the bbq ribs when I'm there in 3 months! :P

1 hour ago, VLG said:

I will be staying in one of the rooms above Smokin Joe's for my trip in mid September.

I'm looking forward to try out the breakfast, pull porked sandwich and the bbq ribs when I'm there in 3 months! :P

Thanks for sharing. Do keep us informed of your future breakfast plans.:Clap:

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

• 2 months later...

Couple of new breakfast & main menu items, Pastrami Reuben, Corned Beef Reuben & Corned Beef Hash & American Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs

corned.jpg

hash.jpg

pastrami.jpg

dogs 1.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 05/12/2016 at 22:50, China Garden said:

Cured Pork Belly, Rind off, Cold Smoked with Hickory, thickly sliced and pan fried... amazing ! These will find their way on to something for sure. 

bacon.jpg

I realize it's a few years late but chop it up and put it in some honey mustard Make sure to add the grease. Warm it up and add to your house salad just before serving. Hot bacon honey mustard dressing a southern classic. Leave it to the south to turn a healthy meal into a artery clogging one. But oh so good.

Edited by last

In 2019, I discovered Smokin' Joes BBQ and loved it.

Upon return in 2021, there have been some changes.

There is a new Chef.

New dinner menu (seemed like subtle changes).

Plus I do not think they serve breakfast anymore or are planning on getting rid of it.

I have been twice since the changes and I am unsure if I will be back.

Curious to hear other opinions.

One of my favourite places to wait 

Favourite time 12.30 Brunch time

Looking forward to returning so  much !

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I had dinner for the first time here tonight. When it comes to bbq, there are different styles and tastes preferences. I'm from Texas and consider myself a decent grill guy and love some smoked bbq.

I call em like I see em, so please don't take it personal if we differ in opinions. I wish everyone in business here the best but gotta keep it real.

There is no smoke flavor and no seasoning whatsoever on their bbq. I can't get my brisket the right texture and neither can this place, just tastes and feels like mushy roast.

Ribs are coated with a not very good flavored tomatoe based sauce. They seem to just be using the oven to cook and no grill. The ribs were pull apart tender.

Chicken was the same thing. No flavor.

Bbq sauce didn't taste good.

Until it gets better, don't recommend unless you like flavorless oven cooked ribs and chicken that is being touted as smoked bbq.

20231219_201419.thumb.jpg.5ba22a421ce47bcae9681ca63cae79f6.jpg20231219_201404.thumb.jpg.b00b6186937ffe459d9b24b7d232cfd8.jpg20231219_201428.thumb.jpg.3ae4d170d60c9a99c10780870506de68.jpg

I didnt eat the sausages. Didnt like the beans. Corn and onion rings were good.

Last bbq place I enjoyed was on LK Metro in 2009. Forgot name, but good food. Hopefully this place gets serious about making good bbq again.

Edited by Nanaman
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Nanaman said:

I had dinner for the first time here tonight. When it comes to bbq, there are different styles and tastes preferences. I'm from Texas and consider myself a decent grill guy and love some smoked bbq.

I call em like I see em, so please don't take it personal if we differ in opinions. I wish everyone in business here the best but gotta keep it real.

There is no smoke flavor and no seasoning whatsoever on their bbq. I can't get my brisket the right texture and neither can this place, just tastes and feels like mushy roast.

Ribs are coated with a not very good flavored tomatoe based sauce. They seem to just be using the oven to cook and no grill. The ribs were pull apart tender.

Chicken was the same thing. No flavor.

Bbq sauce didn't taste good.

Until it gets better, don't recommend unless you like flavorless oven cooked ribs and chicken that is being touted as smoked bbq.

20231219_201419.thumb.jpg.5ba22a421ce47bcae9681ca63cae79f6.jpg20231219_201404.thumb.jpg.b00b6186937ffe459d9b24b7d232cfd8.jpg20231219_201428.thumb.jpg.3ae4d170d60c9a99c10780870506de68.jpg

I didnt eat the sausages. Didnt like the beans. Corn and onion rings were good.

Last bbq place I enjoyed was on LK Metro in 2009. Forgot name, but good food. Hopefully this place gets serious about making good bbq again.

I live in the Pattaya area and I have not been to Smokin Joes in close to a decade. My thoughts at that time were -> "ok, but just not American bbq".

As one American to another, some of what you are describing is the difference between British and American Ribs. I am originally from Chicago. I have had TX style ribs and they are good, but I prefer my home town product. The only place in Pattaya that I know of where one can get these is my house. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nanaman said:

Last bbq place I enjoyed was on LK Metro in 2009.

I'm guessing Bob's BBQ.  He was one of my business partners in Shooters, and we also sold his stuff out of there.  Quite good IMO.

• Like 2

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Mangosteen said:

I'm guessing Bob's BBQ.  He was one of my business partners in Shooters, and we also sold his stuff out of there.  Quite good IMO.

Yes Bob's BBQ. Good food and nice guy.

Edited by Nanaman

2 minutes ago, Nanaman said:

Yes Bob's BBQ. Good food and nice guy.

Yep and yep.  We've long-since lost touch though.  I'm pretty sure he's back in the US (as so many of us are).

• Like 1

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

Thanks for bumping the thread. An entertaining read :)

I have eaten various items here and found it good. As has whatever mates I went with. Most disappointing was the burger. It was ok. But at the price, I just expected something more. 

Gonna have to go back soon and see how it's doing... 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png