IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ in Soi Lengkee

China Garden

Just had a couple of things through door2door, and for fun I tried to order the exact things as I did in the restaurant when you opened.

The jalapeño poppers were ok, but not that much taste of jalapeños. But still the only place I know what makes them with actual whole jalapeños so I still enjoyed them

I also had Quesadillsa with pulled pork which was very tasty, especially the pork was very juicy and good! I would say they are the best I`ve had in Thailand.

I figured it would be good to let you know as well that it seems like door2door has a technical problem connected to ordering from your restaurant. I put in my order at 14.09 and after 1 1/2 hour I called them as I had recieved no food. They told me they had a technical problem which did that they didn`t get the orders from Smokin Joes through. They then confirmed the order and I recieved it about 50 minutes later lukewarm. 2 1/2 hour wait for some food is pretty long, and I hope you don`t miss out on other orders because they don`t go through properly. Obviously not a problem on your side, but figured it was good for you to know.

Thanks for letting me know, for some reason Door to Door keep calling my personal phone, I gave them the direct number  (Tel. 033122188) but they have called me several times since, I have messaged Dez now so hopefully it will get sorted out soon!  Sorry for the delay :-(

I'm glad you enjoyed the food! It's good to know its transporting well, yesterday we had 6 D2D orders and we have taken 5 already today (17.30pm), so it clearly gonna be a big part of our business. 

Edited by China Garden

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for letting me know, for some reason Door to Door keep calling my personal phone, I gave them the direct number  (Tel. 033122188) but they have called me several times since, I have messaged Dez now so hopefully it will get sorted out soon!  Sorry for the delay :-(

I'm glad you enjoyed the food! It's good to know its transporting well, yesterday we had 6 D2D orders and we have taken 5 already today (17.30pm), so it clearly gonna be a big part of our business. 

Was going to order some more of the Quesadillas now, but looks like they are off the menu at D2D :(

looks like many of the Mexican dishes are no longer available via D2D

Was going to order some more of the Quesadillas now, but looks like they are off the menu at D2D :(

There has been some "complications" with the D2D menu, only about 60% of the items in  the D2D book appear in the online D2D menu !! I have spoken to Dez who already has our new improved menu (with cheaper prices and some new items) and a FULL list of available items in order to update our online listing on d2d. Knowing Food Panda in Bangkok it's gonna take at least a week to action so I'm kinda in the hands of the gods right now! My advice is to order from the book over the phone in mean time, at least it has most of our items (unlike the online version).

Sorry.

Ian 

Edited by China Garden

Was last in SJs two days agogo with my manager when we raised a point about the french fries. Why raise it? because everything else was spot on and in my own business I prefer guys who bring any problems straight to me, hence giving me a chance to address them.

Today my lass asked me about ribs, apparently she had seen a friend talking about them on FB and it is that time of the month when she becomes more carnivorous, any way a few questions and I assured her I knew of the place she was on about. We arrive opposite SJ's and managed to get parked. As soon as we were seated I ordered a No. 2 and No. 3 Margarita whilst she started to look at the menus.

I talked her out of an starters and she ordered a half rack of ribs, the last one in the list, which has a honey and garlic sauce. SJ's has got to start doing quarter rack of ribs for the ladies. Her eyes popped when the ribs arrived and she turned to me and said, I not want a full rack.  The food was as it should be the drinks were excellent and part way through the manager came over to ask if all was ok, he left saying, "wait a second I have something for you" . He returned with a basket of French Fries saying, "let me know if these are any better". Throughout this time there were a couple more Margaritas but the lass having tasted mine demanded the number 3s

The staff here are usually fun and fairly playful, I have to say they were a little more reserved this time around, probably as it is the first time they have ever seen me accompanied by a female.

If you leave aside our drinks, the cost for the meal was great value.  I thoroughly recommend Smokin Joe's, for a late brunch, when you enjoy a discount, or at any other time.  My lass could only finish half of her ribs but my two Bangkeaws at home were truly appreciative 

Was last in SJs two days agogo with my manager when we raised a point about the french fries. Why raise it? because everything else was spot on and in my own business I prefer guys who bring any problems straight to me, hence giving me a chance to address them.

Today my lass asked me about ribs, apparently she had seen a friend talking about them on FB and it is that time of the month when she becomes more carnivorous, any way a few questions and I assured her I knew of the place she was on about. We arrive opposite SJ's and managed to get parked. As soon as we were seated I ordered a No. 2 and No. 3 Margarita whilst she started to look at the menus.

I talked her out of an starters and she ordered a half rack of ribs, the last one in the list, which has a honey and garlic sauce. SJ's has got to start doing quarter rack of ribs for the ladies. Her eyes popped when the ribs arrived and she turned to me and said, I not want a full rack.  The food was as it should be the drinks were excellent and part way through the manager came over to ask if all was ok, he left saying, "wait a second I have something for you" . He returned with a basket of French Fries saying, "let me know if these are any better". Throughout this time there were a couple more Margaritas but the lass having tasted mine demanded the number 3s

The staff here are usually fun and fairly playful, I have to say they were a little more reserved this time around, probably as it is the first time they have ever seen me accompanied by a female.

If you leave aside our drinks, the cost for the meal was great value.  I thoroughly recommend Smokin Joe's, for a late brunch, when you enjoy a discount, or at any other time.  My lass could only finish half of her ribs but my two Bangkeaws at home were truly appreciative 

Thanks for the feedback, Jason had mentioned the french fries issue, I'm glad we addressed the issue head on.

I do sit there sometimes watching the half racks of ribs going out then the expression on people's face, I'd say 70% of people end up with a doggy bag, perhaps 1/3 Rack's could be an option. We might then start selling a few more appetisers haha 

Finally sorted out our Brisket supply, I'm just gonna pay more and use imported Australian Brisket, the Thai stuff was just too dry, its not cheap to start with then there's about 50% trim / shrinkage once smoked... but jesus it tastes good.  

16508132_1645968409033523_1188361257606857998_n.jpg

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 4

I visited twice and enjoyed 2 great burgers with fries. Not cheap but very good quality.

• Like 1

I visited twice and enjoyed 2 great burgers with fries. Not cheap but very good quality.

Im glad you liked the burger, we do use Jack's Creek Black Angus Chuck, nothing added except a little salt & pepper and minced by ourselves... no egg's, no breadcrumbs.... just pure Black Angus Beef

Thanks for the feedback, Jason had mentioned the french fries issue, I'm glad we addressed the issue head on.

I do sit there sometimes watching the half racks of ribs going out then the expression on people's face, I'd say 70% of people end up with a doggy bag, perhaps 1/3 Rack's could be an option. We might then start selling a few more appetisers haha 

Do not, let me repeat that, Do not alter the present half rack of ribs :Evil_Grin2:  Introduce a 2/3rds (6 rib) option by all means but losing 30% of your customers in a swoop could hurt. My manager gets a choice of Smokin Joe's if he hits his first target and Steak @ Co if he hits the second. At 300+ lbs you do not want to explain to him where two of his ribs have gone, he doesn't care about the price as I have to pay.

• Like 3

Have to admit I found the brisket very dry when I had it a few weeks back. Ribs too were dry and not fall off the bone like some places.

Pulled pork was great as were the wings, potato skin starter we had.

Have to admit I found the brisket very dry when I had it a few weeks back. Ribs too were dry and not fall off the bone like some places.

Pulled pork was great as were the wings, potato skin starter we had.

I'm sorry for that, a few weeks ago we was using Thai Beef Brisket, we tried everything including injecting with Beef stock and it was still dry. We changed maybe 1 week ago to Jack Creek Australian imported Point End Beef Brisket and the result are amazing, sorry had to taste the Thai stuff, we was looking to keep the prices down instead we raised it a bit but give better quality.  The dry ribs maybe just a one off, these basically the thick end of the rack then it tappers down and there less meat covering the ... we cut off the top 6 bones (the thickest and meatiest) and call that one portion, whatever is left becomes the 2 second portion (usually 7-8 ribs) so basically the amount of meat kinda evens out... its possible the bottom end was very lean of lighter then usual and dried out when smoking, sorry! It's not very common but each pig is different. 

Edited by China Garden

Do not, let me repeat that, Do not alter the present half rack of ribs :Evil_Grin2:  Introduce a 2/3rds (6 rib) option by all means but losing 30% of your customers in a swoop could hurt. My manager gets a choice of Smokin Joe's if he hits his first target and Steak @ Co if he hits the second. At 300+ lbs you do not want to explain to him where two of his ribs have gone, he doesn't care about the price as I have to pay.

I hear you load and clear, as I explained above how we split the rack up... 6 meatiest ribs at the front end of the rack will be one portion,whats left will be the other part of the half rack. Jason and I looked into pre-slicing the racks, offering a small / medium / large option and to be honest we really cannot work out a system the Thai's could faithfully follow.

I wanted to provide an option for Thai's .... but at the risk of messing up our current system I'm just gonna leave it alone!  We can revisit it down the line, everything remains the same.... same HUGE portions ! (our standard portion is 6 top, then whatever is left for the bottom 6-8 ribs) we do tend to hold the end racks for those ordering Chicken & Ribs or combo platters as the amount of meat is already scary and those ordering just ribs have more chance of tackling the HUGE front 6 ribs. 

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 1

Had the half rack of ribs on Saturday (after a massage nearby) and saw that they were the lunch special today, so I had to go back and "repeat" (same massage first, too! 555)

A HUGE amount of food that I (sadly, perhaps) pretty much killed both on Saturday and today (killed all of the ribs, beans and mac and cheese on Saturday; today I had 2 or 3 curly fries left over, btu the ribs and beans were polished off).  Of course, I don't think I can eat another rib for quite a while!  LOL

Ribs were very flavorful and tender today.  On Saturday, they were even MORE tender and really fell off of the bone (no criticism of today - simply a bigger compliment as to Saturday's)

I think I'm gonna be stuffed for HOURS to come....

Kudos!  I plan to be in every time that I come to Pattaya!

• Like 1

American style BBQ ribs are not supposed to have meat fall of the bone. The meat ideally should be easily removed but not falling off. 

Had the half rack of ribs on Saturday (after a massage nearby) and saw that they were the lunch special today, so I had to go back and "repeat" (same massage first, too! 555)

A HUGE amount of food that I (sadly, perhaps) pretty much killed both on Saturday and today (killed all of the ribs, beans and mac and cheese on Saturday; today I had 2 or 3 curly fries left over, btu the ribs and beans were polished off).  Of course, I don't think I can eat another rib for quite a while!  LOL

Ribs were very flavorful and tender today.  On Saturday, they were even MORE tender and really fell off of the bone (no criticism of today - simply a bigger compliment as to Saturday's)

I think I'm gonna be stuffed for HOURS to come....

Kudos!  I plan to be in every time that I come to Pattaya!

Fantastic I'm really please you enjoyed the food and even happier your gonna be one our regulars when in town, I understand about the ribs falling off the bone and our aim is for the meat to come cleanly off the bone and thank you for the compliments :)

See you next time !

Ian

Took my girlfriend and two mates there last week , two of us had the combo , ribs and brisket were very good pulled pork so so nothing to write home about I thought the sides were really good

But my girlfriend and other friend had two different style ribs both were dry and mostly left on the plate the manager on duty that night reduced the the bill slightly

As a side issue both the owner and friend were eating at the same time and got served before us I would of thought customers came first !!!

Took my girlfriend and two mates there last week , two of us had the combo , ribs and brisket were very good pulled pork so so nothing to write home about I thought the sides were really good

But my girlfriend and other friend had two different style ribs both were dry and mostly left on the plate the manager on duty that night reduced the the bill slightly

As a side issue both the owner and friend were eating at the same time and got served before us I would of thought customers came first !!!

I do recall your visit, I do recall you mentioning to Jason as I remember that I was served before you. That's slightly incorrect, I ordered something entirely different and for table of two, cooking times vary and we serve the table as a whole not Thai style of "plate by plate" whilst other people in your party watch you eat.  After learning of your comment I made sure Jason returned to your table to check if your food was good, he said you all left happy.

Personally I always put the customer first and foremost, I try to instil the same attitude in both my managers and staff, my business moto is "happy customers equal a successful business" and thats usually backed up by the size of investment I make in each restaurant I open, they are designed to make money in the long term rather then trying to cash in immediately.  I do eat at Smokin' Joe's regularly at the moment to ensure receipts are being followed and the service staff are working correctly, Jason the manager is also new to the food industry so I like to be able to support him where I can in learning the role of a restaurant manager.

I am glad you enjoyed the Rib's & Brisket, two of the hardest things. I'll look at the pulled pork, perhaps we will try some this week injected with Apple Juice for extra flavour, it's already has a dry rub, cooked on the bone til 165 then spritzed with 50/50 apple juice & apple cider vinegar before being wrapped and finished... the shredded with a mixture of the bark being & meat etc

Thanks for the feedback, I hope you do understand no preferential treatment was intended and I'm always looking round and asking Jason to check on order times when I see people getting anxious but we are the kinda place you come for a sit down meal which may take 20-40 minutes to arrive.

Ian 

• Like 2

After reading the reviews n pics though I would give SJ a go.

Just had the weds special today ( half a BBQ chicken plus 2 sides at 195bt) and very nice too even though the chicken was bit pink near 1 of the bones.

Excellent new stylish place and service and the BBQ sauce very tasty!! Will recommend to friends.

• Like 1

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

After reading the reviews n pics though I would give SJ a go.

Just had the weds special today ( half a BBQ chicken plus 2 sides at 195bt) and very nice too even though the chicken was bit pink near 1 of the bones.

Excellent new stylish place and service and the BBQ sauce very tasty!! Will recommend to friends.

Thanks for the feedback and the recommendation, we do brine the chickens to keep them lovely and moist, then smoked and finished in the oven, we do use a Thermapen to check the temperatures especially with Chicken and smoking does turn the flesh pinky or even the marrow from the bones. We make all the BBQ sauces in-house, I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks again. 

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 1

Thanks for your reply your manager Jason was excellent in his manner but to say we we're happy I'm sorry but two plates of hardly eaten food speak for themselves

The chicken and brisket were excellence as we're v the ribs on the platter

I'm a huge fan of Steak and Co and have have championed it from the beginning

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is a picture of the 1 bedroom living room, that's a 60 inch Sony Smart TV which is connected to our Fibre Wifi connection, Sofa (sofa bed), Coffee table, good size fridge with Tea & Coffee making facilities. We will get some art for the walls shortly :)

1 Bedroom living room.jpg

1 Bedroom sofa.jpg

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 2