IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

11 hours ago, wido said:

The started with the construction at the second part of 2014. Comparing with Terminal 21, for what? It only interesting me they finish this project. 

2 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Be glad that you didn't buy at the Waterfront.

Hey, wido .. the absolute most instructive case study on off-plan purchases of Thai developments is the Waterfront Condo to which usexpat46 refers.

You might not be new to Thailand, but you appear new to the forum and might be unaware of the risk you bought into by pre-purchasing a condo from a local developer in Thailand.

The Golden Tulip is creeping forward brick by brick, for which buyers should be grateful .. for the developer to complete the project, hopefully pre-sales and follow-on sales (which are likely the only source of funds now) will be sufficient.

Still, nothing is certain until the title is transferred to you, regardless of the empty placating representations made to buyers by the smiling managers, staff, and sales agents, behind whom the developer conceals himself .. it is obviously an undercapitalized, distressed development .. here, there are a gazillion possibilities why that is .. because the total lack of transparency, weak or absent regulations and laws, and the standard local business practices being what they are, we will never know the reality .. you can bet your ass you are not privileged to the truth of it all .. maybe not even some of it.

If you want a pretty good primer on how local developers do what they do, you might find the "Really?! 50-storey hotel opening in Pattaya December this year!" thread an instructive read .. I spent a lot of keystrokes commenting on its slow demise, and all the deceptions .. in the Waterfront Condo story is most everything you need to know about the industry here .. as with this project, striderman documented it's history since way back.

I drop in on this thread every once and so often to see how this one is doing .. fingers crossed and good luck, men .. hope this makes it to the finish line for you.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Any idea what those little platforms are for? They look very small, and there's electrical wiring hanging down. Air conditioning compressors??

2cb5c027d2d6b9f01cfd0cc08e70ed78.jpg

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:50, jasper651967 said:

Took a few pics if anyone is interested. Looks like its moving along nicely

thumbnail_20180922_143510.jpg

(etc.)

Sure there is progress in construction, but the word that comes in my mind when I see your pics is... ghetto :unsure:
With these buildings so near of each others and so blatantly facing each others, :o
and with these very narrow rooms,
I wonder if I would not prefer to live in a Na Jomtien Russian ghetto than in this one...
Must be endurable for a 1-week holiday though, but not longer.

4 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Sure there is progress in construction, but the word that comes in my mind when I see your pics is... ghetto :unsure:
With these buildings so near of each others and so blatantly facing each others, :o
and with these very narrow rooms,
I wonder if I would not prefer to live in a Na Jomtien Russian ghetto than in this one...
Must be endurable for a 1-week holiday though, but not longer.

Good job you do not have to live here then isnt it.

14 minutes ago, jasper651967 said:

Good job you do not have to live here then isnt it.

No I don't, but look at the last pic: How wide is this room? 2.20m?! :unsure:
Not wide enough for a sofa facing a TVs! :o
Not my problem, but I just don't understand why they want make a "1-bedroom"
in a unit clearly not big enough to have 2 rooms...

• Like 3

On 29/09/2018 at 17:12, Oukiva said:

Yes and by the time you have put a bed in the "bedroom" there is barely enough space to walk around it.

11 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

Yes and by the time you have put a bed in the "bedroom" there is barely enough space to walk around it.

Standard length for Thai beds is 198 cm .. the bed widths (king @ 182 cm; Queen 152 com; full size @ 122 com; and twin @ 107 cm) make the interior layouts challenging.

Maybe we are at a point when Thai furniture manufacturers need to start producing 3/4-scale furniture  :D

The concept of a 30m2 condo seems such a desperate reach .. for buyers and developers .. most 5-star hotel rooms are a minimum 42-45 m2 .. jeez, 30m2 is only a bit larger than my master bedroom .. and my BKK condo is in an early 90's building.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

7 hours ago, brutox said:

Standard length for Thai beds is 198 cm .. the bed widths (king @ 182 cm; queen 152 com; full size @ 122 com; and twin @ 107 cm) make the interior layouts challenging.

Maybe we are at a point when Thai furniture manufacturers need to start producing 3/4-scale furniture  :D

The concept of a 30m2 condo seems such a desperate reach .. for buyers and developers .. most 5-star hotel rooms are a minimum 42-45 m2 .. jeez, 30m2 is only a bit larger than my master bedroom .. and my BKK condo is in an early 90's building.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything under 45sqm for a 1 bed. I am currently in a 35sqm whilst on holiday and its sufficient but not really big enough. I heard some condos in Jomtien are 25 sqm....that does seem very small !!

7 hours ago, brutox said:

Standard length for Thai beds is 198 cm .. the bed widths (king @ 182 cm; queen 152 com; full size @ 122 com; and twin @ 107 cm) make the interior layouts challenging. //

I found an easy solution: No bed ! :wink:

A bed in a condo is most of time just a waste of space. When I reduced my condo to 50 sqm (I sold half of my double-unit) it's the solution I took. No bed, just a thin mattress that I rollup for the day and put on the floor when needed. :)

PS:  And no, no girl yet said it was a problem. :wink:

On 29/9/2018 at 17:12, Oukiva said:

Space enough , I bought a 47sq m condo with full pool view. 1537536010346.thumb.jpg.24d51d6f34e53551865dbdf1d41fff15.jpg

• Like 7

Looking good.....now if any of you know how to create Thai corporation ownership without having a 49% foreign/51% Thai corporation set up....I'd like to have it fully foreign owned???

Edited by The Danimal

16 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

Looking good.....now if any of you know how to create Thai corporation ownership without having a 49% foreign/51% Thai corporation set up....I'd like to have it fully foreign owned???

What would you like to have fully foreign owned?

You can already fully own a condo that is in the foreign quota.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I am not that up legalities regarding ownership. but I have often wondered about the foreign ownership title when it`s always 51% thai owned,  I think it`s just that you buy the condo but can never truly own it as it`s on thai land which we cant own. so you can always resell etc, and if you die or something happens they can take it back if your family don't know how to reclaim it, if they wont give you a permenant visa I think that says a lot,

but it seems to be moving along well now,  but I cant wait to get rid of mine, it`s still going to be a very long time for completion, if it ever gets finished. I have lost all interest in the project, just hope I can get back what I paid at least

just hope I can get back what I paid at least

Let us know if you do. Is the condo looking like the marketing literature?

2 hours ago, The Danimal said:

Only buy from the foreign quota. Anyone who buys a thai company condo is crazy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:

Let us know if you do. Is the condo looking like the marketing literature?

in my opinion, yes, i only invested because i thought it was going to be high level development, i have owned a few properties here, and did my research, and kobi had worked with the thais for many years and done a few projects under the golden tulip name and more were planned,  and this project looked very good, high end swanky hotel at front and high end amenities, now 5/6 years late, maybe more, no hotel, and probably not going to get one, prob no roof gardens, and other bits and pieces i think, same as across the road, as it looks like this project is cash strapped due to low level of workers for a long time now,  i am very thankfull that it never went under and we lost everything, and that i have that money sat there at 55bht to the pound when it`s 42/41 now . so when i send it home i will maker a nice little earner, but i just dont want it now and i hope i can sell as the project nears the end, just bored of all the thai bs, just want to keep the condo i am in now as it owes me little , and live an easy life,555555555, i dont wanna be stuck with a few properties when i`m older,

• Like 2