Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

5b0162611c212_may20010(Custom).JPG.056c92e5e489f53fbf0a13578f1de486.JPG

5b01627022c3d_may20009(Custom).JPG.1db265ee5e9edd42c4eb619f1646c407.JPG

and for any belgians we have this place coming soon buakaow end of lengkee............

5b0162aa841fa_may20011(Custom).JPG.7e9ab8c348a1780599692319c435e79d.JPG

The street outside Harry's looks so empty, and the zero customers inside!  I've walked past there so many times in Dec and Jan and I can't imagine being able to take pics looking like that.  There would be a minimum of a dozen guys in that pic in high season.  Low season looks really low.  Closures of bars and restaurants expected.

8 minutes ago, SirL said:

The street outside Harry's looks so empty, and the zero customers inside!  I've walked past there so many times in Dec and Jan and I can't imagine being able to take pics looking like that.  There would be a minimum of a dozen guys in that pic in high season.  Low season looks really low.  Closures of bars and restaurants expected.

bloody hot out there today

1 minute ago, striderman said:

bloody hot out there today

What time approx were the Harry's pics taken please?

Just now, SirL said:

What time approx were the Harry's pics taken please?

around 14.00 hrs

Went to Harry's for the 99 baht burger, was great (probably need to order 2 if really hungry).
Stayed for the 55 baht beers and the eye candy :)

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Pattaya Beer Garden, 195 baht
62d02c4bb2c3e9f125672bd424513e5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 5/19/2018 at 02:30, PBear66 said:

Thanks.

Unfortunately the one consistent place for farang food was great american sandwich company but its closed now.

Walkabout creek burger looks good. I try and eat thai food otherwise i won't be able to fit on the plane seat home.

they weren't around for long , would of cost a fair bit setting up . One to try is La Katai on soi Lengkee

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:57, striderman said:

5b0162611c212_may20010(Custom).JPG.056c92e5e489f53fbf0a13578f1de486.JPG

5b01627022c3d_may20009(Custom).JPG.1db265ee5e9edd42c4eb619f1646c407.JPG

and for any belgians we have this place coming soon buakaow end of lengkee............

5b0162aa841fa_may20011(Custom).JPG.7e9ab8c348a1780599692319c435e79d.JPG

would you like to be so gentle in getting a little bit more specific about the location of this stall selling Belgian fries (burgers ?)

I'm actually not Belgian native but..... I'm definitively a super fan of the double fry :D

4 minutes ago, Maverick__83 said:

would you like to be so gentle in getting a little bit more specific about the location of this stall selling Belgian fries (burgers ?)

I'm actually not Belgian native but..... I'm definitively a super fan of the double fry :D

@striderman please disregard, I've just found it

Google maps is outdated in that area but I'm sure this is the place

Cattura.JPG

59 minutes ago, Maverick__83 said:

@striderman please disregard, I've just found it

Google maps is outdated in that area but I'm sure this is the place

Cattura.JPG

yes

5b17054722326_june1024(Custom).JPG.402e929b4f1f3b45307127269e6bb071.JPG

Edited by striderman

6 hours ago, Maverick__83 said:

If you're not familiar with the streets, Lengkee is almost opposite (East) of where Soi Diana meets Soi Buakow. Soi Diana pretty much runs from Mike Mall at 2nd Road East to Soi Buakow.

If I had to guess, I'd say they won't sell burgers...When I visited Belgium they had many French Fry places (they claim they invented them, and I'm inclined to agree) that mostly sold nothing else, just dozens of available toppings.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like so mighty good food.

Last night I tried the 99-baht hamburger at Harry's, the second of the restaurant's summer specials.

IMG_0260.jpg

It was a tasty burger.  Considering the price and that it came with plenty of crispy skinny fries, it was excellent value for money.

IMG_0262.jpg

It had a bit too much dressing for my taste, but that's a matter of personal preference.

IMG_0268.jpg

If you have a big appetite, the portion may not be large enough.  I saw one guy scarf the burger and fries quickly, then order the other 99-baht summer special (the minute steak in post #526),  which he ate at a more leisurely pace.  That's a fair amount of food for 198 baht.

Bottom line: Harry's two summer specials (hamburger or minute steak)  at 99 baht each are good options if you want something cheap and quick in the LK Metro area.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

On 6/18/2018 at 18:05, Evil Penevil said:

if you want something cheap and quick in the LK Metro area.

Every mongers dream Evil quick and cheap.......:Cross_Fingers:

Just a quick observation about So's Place on Soi 15 behind The Avenue which BM Evil mentioned on the previous page. I ate there on the 29th May, had a lovely meal, nicely spiced and the ladies were fun and flirty, I really hoped to make that place a regular stop, unfortunately whenever I went past in the days following it was always closed, a real shame.

Talking about Harry's at soi Diana I can recommend the planksteak pork tenderloin for 195 B. I think it's a good meal for the money. Sorry but no pictures.

Talking about Harry's at soi Diana I can recommend the planksteak pork tenderloin for 195 B. I think it's a good meal for the money. 

Planksteak.jpg

When does the Fritkot open, whenever is pass it's closed up.

1 hour ago, chris2004 said:

When does the Fritkot open, whenever is pass it's closed up.

good question. maybe still trying to get hold of staff

I remember several decades ago a Belgian guy trying to start up a Belgian "frites" shop in Ermita, Manila. It did just about get off the ground - and the chips were great - then it closed.

I hope it's not the same bloke still trying!

RE: Church's Chicken at Central marina (I couldn't get quote post to work for some reason)

I agree 100% Really crispy and well done at this location. 

I'm not ashamed to say its  one of the meals I am looking forward to when I get back. Perfect after a nice romp in Soi 6

Edited by Uncle-V

• 2 weeks later...

I very seldom eat a full farang breakfast in Pattaya as I never seem to be hungry in the morning.  A cup of yogurt, some fresh fruit or a small bowl of rice soup does me fine until noon. But on rare occasions, I am hungry early on and will have a bacon-and-egg breakfast.  A few days ago I felt very hungry at 9.30 a.m. and decided to try the breakfast at Smokin' Joe's BBQ on Soi Lengkee.

IMG_0072.jpg

I had the "Standard Breakfast" for 95 baht. The quality of the ingredients was good and the portion was enough for me.

IMG_0070.jpg

I got two eggs cooked sunny-side-up at my request; a link of pork sausage; two extra-wide rashers of streaky bacon; two pieces of toast with butter; and a cup of coffee.  

Untitled-2.jpg

You have a choice of back or streaky bacon.  The rashers looked as if they might have been sliced in-house from a slab of bacon.

IMG_0054.jpg

The coffee was good and tea was available.  I also had a small glass of fresh orange juice for 50 baht, so 145 baht all-in.  I was happy with the Standard Breakfast, but Smokin' Joe's had many more options. I'll be back sometime to try the buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup; the Eggs Benedict and the Breakfast Burrito, but probably as lunch rather than breakfast. From Smokin' Joe's Facebook page:

breakfast.jpg

I'm not much concerned with a restaurant's ambiance in Pattaya.  I do want it to be clean, well-lit, air-conditioned. smoke-free and without loud music.  SJ's ticked all those boxes. It also offers free Wi-Fi.  If you like to spend some time over breakfast reading a newspaper or catching up on the Internet,  SJ's is a comfortable place for a leisurely morning meal.

IMG_0057.jpg

Bottom line:  If you're looking for a small breakfast with good quality, Smokin' Joe's Standard Breakfast is an excellent option. If you want a much bigger breakfast for just a few baht more,  then you're better off continuing on Soi Lengkee to Retox.

Smokin' Joe's is best known for its U.S.-style BQQ and Tex-Mex dishes.  Some of the daily specials:

Untitled-1.jpg

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Another good review Evil, any info on So's place behind the Avenue? I went there end of May after your good review and agree with the review you gave, it was a decent meal with charming staff, but every time I passed in the following days (frequently passed through the avenue) it was closed.