IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

1 hour ago, Saddic said:

Bonk!

The Banh Mi  IS in Thailand...and more so... it IS in Pattaya...

Go look at the map...

Which is why I left your ORIGINAL post and deleted the (unnecessary) images when your post was quoted with guff about vietnamese bread rolls from Nah Trang. Double Bonk!

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

14 minutes ago, deano4598 said:

Which is why I left your ORIGINAL post and deleted the (unnecessary) images when your post was quoted with guff about vietnamese bread rolls from Nah Trang. Double Bonk!

Well im heading there now on the strength of the original post for what it's worth! 

16 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

Well im heading there now on the strength of the original post for what it's worth! 

I wish it was in central or somewhere close, that roll looks gooood.

On 7/11/2018 at 11:17, Gnorman said:

IMG_0232.jpg

Looks good Evil, thanks for posting.

I've eaten at Harry's a few times, food has always been good. I really dislike those wooden plates though, to me they're not practical especially with gravy etc, plus they never look clean, they're off putting to me.

would keep in bacteria , too hard for thai's to get on top of .

Rinapp Ristorante Italian do excellent spaghetti under baht. I usually get Puttanesca at 290 baht.

2 hours ago, Kahoy said:

Rinapp Ristorante Italian do excellent spaghetti under baht. I usually get Puttanesca at 290 baht.

If thats the one in soi Yamoto then I've eaten there and its good, dont recall which pasta dish I had but it was very tasty and authentic. 

49 minutes ago, barmatt said:

If thats the one in soi Yamoto then I've eaten there and its good, dont recall which pasta dish I had but it was very tasty and authentic. 

Not sure which is soi Yamato but this is in 13/1 and it's definitely authentic.

8 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

Not sure which is soi Yamato but this is in 13/1 and it's definitely authentic.

Thats the place. Also know as soi Yamoto because Yamoto japanese restaurant is on that soi. 

Yes a bit of a personal gripe of mine. Not directed at anybody particular. But why the fuck is it so hard to share a Google location. Anybody who doesn't know how to use Google Maps really should do themselves a favor and work out how. Along with Google photos it's almost indispensable. I've been here almost 2 years now and hardly know any of the nicknames. I'm sure I'm no Robinson Caruso in this area. But if somebody could point me towards a map which I have searched for previously I would be happy to learn. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

Yes a bit of a personal gripe of mine. Not directed at anybody particular. But why the fuck is it so hard to share a Google location. Anybody who doesn't know how to use Google Maps really should do themselves a favor and work out how. Along with Google photos it's almost indispensable. I've been here almost 2 years now and hardly know any of the nicknames. I'm sure I'm no Robinson Caruso in this area. But if somebody could point me towards a map which I have searched for previously I would be happy to learn. 

I use this site exclusively on a laptop, not a mobile. It's easy on a mobile. But I'll tell you what is easy, doing a google search for the name of the place. :)

1 minute ago, Kahoy said:

I use this site exclusively on a laptop, not a mobile. It's easy on a mobile. But I'll tell you what is easy, doing a google search for the name of the place. :)

Well I know you are not lacking and Technical capabilities! 555 Just a personal whine not a real problem here. 

But what I'm probably referencing has little to do with this thread. Probably more to do with the checkpoint group I'm part of. 

Sorry for derailing. Just when I hear people trying to describe a location it brings up so many bad memories! 555

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 06:29, robert said:

@evil how does Austrailian beef differ from American beef in taste and tenderness, never tried Austrailian beef

American beef is a pile of hormones.

Also applies to chicken, pork, etc.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 01:38, Evil Penevil said:

That's a hotly debated question, with strong opinions on both sides. Basically, I agree with Not_Shameful:

When it comes to the top quality grade of U.S beef (USDA Prime) and its Australian equivalent, I don't even notice any difference in tenderness.

It's not a wooden plate but  an oak grilling plank (planksteksbräda in Swedish).  There's a circular depression in one corner for the grilled tomato.  Oak is a hard and dense wood and juices don't penetrate the board.  The grilling boards are rinsed off, then put back on the grill or in the oven to let the flames or heat burn off any bacteria.

However, it's become a trend nowadays for some restaurants to use cheap wooden cutting boards (bread boards) as plates and that's not appropriate. But a grill plank is another matter.

Plankstek.JPG.63363908847547071419e089acdcd8fd.JPG

Link

Evil

In Europe oak is the wood of the oak tree.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

2 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

Well I know you are not lacking and Technical capabilities! 555 Just a personal whine not a real problem here. 

But what I'm probably referencing has little to do with this thread. Probably more to do with the checkpoint group I'm part of. 

Sorry for derailing. Just when I hear people trying to describe a location it brings up so many bad memories! 555

Just to derail it further. We have it lucky in Thailand. When you want a girl to come visit you it's really easy, You can just send a location in Line and they get a google map with the pin on it which they can show the motorcycle driver.

In Angeles City where I lived in the suburbs there is no mobile data for the most part and the girls all use sms. The Philippines is the world's largest user of sms. So many times I have stood in the street waiting for a girl when the dumbass trike driver drives in ever decreasing circles in the hope that he happens to find the place. Two things that are impossible for a trike driver to do. One is to admit that they don;t know where a street is and the other is to ask another trike driver. Then, if they happen to arrive at the right location they demand more money because the directions (actual address) were too vague and it took longer to get there. I can't count how many times a girl gave up and just went home because the trike driver got lost, often in a totally different suburb because, like the US there are millions of 2nd streets..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kahoy said:

I wish it was in central or somewhere close, that roll looks gooood.

It is good. I had one for supper today.

They do four sorts of filled roll, and various other things. The rolls cost 35B/45B depending on how much filling you have in them.

The bread is baked on the premises every morning, and they sell it seperately for 10B for a roll or 30B for a large French stick that looks to be about 3 times the size of a roll. It tastes like proper French bread, unlike some Thai breads.

For me the filled roll is better than the ones you get at Subway, and Subway costs much more.

Having had the same rolls in Vietnam I would describe them as authentic, and an interesting mixture of French and Asian flavours.

The couple who own it are from Saigon, as far as I could tell.

On 12/07/2018 at 01:38, Evil Penevil said:

There's a circular depression in one corner for the grilled tomato. 

As far as I know that depression is for any gravy/juices to accumulate in. The other depression that goes all the way around the board channels the juice into the hole. Otherwise it could get a bit messy. In that respect a board is certainly more practical than a slate.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you using it for a tomato too as the juice should still run under the tomato into the hole from the channel. The label on your photo of a new board shows a tomato positioned near the hole, but not in it.

In Europe oak is the wood of the oak tree.

Is it just in Europe??? I think that the rest of the world gets its oak from oak trees, too. [emoji23][emoji23]

12 hours ago, Iamkanga said:

Why pick on me? Let's discuss over coffee at the Continental Bakery by the corner of Soi BBBJCIM and Chaloem Prakiat Alley 23.

Chaloem Prakiat Alley 23 is the one that angles left away from Soi Pothole. Very near the ladyboy that serves spaghetti at Crazy Corner.

You can't miss it! Soi Pothole, not the ladyboy.

PS Sorry mate, just taking a break from the latest improvements to the TFMI. I'll get me coat now.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

It is good. I had one for supper today.
They do four sorts of filled roll, and various other things. The rolls cost 35B/45B depending on how much filling you have in them.
The bread is baked on the premises every morning, and they sell it seperately for 10B for a roll or 30B for a large French stick that looks to be about 3 times the size of a roll. It tastes like proper French bread, unlike some Thai breads.
For me the filled roll is better than the ones you get at Subway, and Subway costs much more.
Having had the same rolls in Vietnam I would describe them as authentic, and an interesting mixture of French and Asian flavours.
The couple who own it are from Saigon, as far as I could tell.
Had the #1 today , was going to work my way thru the roll menu ,but think ill jump straight to #4 next , the meatballs ..looked delicious.

81af0551e868fe724a35cea8c87deb3d.jpg

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Kahoy said:

Just to derail it further. .....

In Angeles City where I lived in the suburbs there is no mobile data for the most part and the girls all use sms. 

The reason that Here WeGo

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps&hl=en

is better than Google Maps is that with Here WeGo you download all the map data once, on your home wifi, and then you use it offline without further downloads of mobile data.

18 hours ago, Iamkanga said:

Google Maps..... it's almost indispensable.

not true, IMO it's very dispensable, in fact though I used it a couple of years ago I haven't used it since.

25 minutes ago, SirL said:

The reason that Here WeGo

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps&hl=en

is better than Google Maps is that with Here WeGo you download all the map data once, on your home wifi, and then you use it offline without further downloads of mobile data.

not true, IMO it's very dispensable, in fact though I used it a couple of years ago I haven't used it since.

I don't want to come off as argumentative. But the guts of my rant was really that the people use any sort of mapping software for showing locations. I guess I just picked on Google Maps because it's probably the most popular. 

But as a further extension to that I think you will find Google Maps offers pretty much all the functionality of Here maps but with the the added useful things like street view, explore nearby and sharing location features. In fact it just automatically downloaded the map of Pattaya without prompting.

I understand it has a lot to do with personal choice, but if I was recommending mapping software for people to get around an unfamiliar place there is no question that Google Maps would be my suggestion. But of course if you or others have a personal aversion to Google products then Here Maps is a good choice will basic mapping software. But if you do not have a problem with Google products I would suggest you have another look at google Maps it's a lot different to a few years ago.

Cheers

BTW tried the Vietnamese baguette shop yesterday and it was fantastic value though I will probably try to tailor it a bit more next time as some of the flavors were a little bit funky for my palate. But I will be back for sure. A shame it's not on Bukhoa for my drunken meanderings!

On 20/05/2018 at 21:57, striderman said:

5b0162611c212_may20010(Custom).JPG.056c92e5e489f53fbf0a13578f1de486.JPG

5b01627022c3d_may20009(Custom).JPG.1db265ee5e9edd42c4eb619f1646c407.JPG

and for any belgians we have this place coming soon buakaow end of lengkee............

5b0162aa841fa_may20011(Custom).JPG.7e9ab8c348a1780599692319c435e79d.JPG

That yellow platform is a handy piece of infrastructure when Soi Lengkee floods. Used it a couple of times in May to avoid wading through the water. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

I don't want to come off as argumentative. But the guts of my rant was really that the people use any sort of mapping software for showing locations. I guess I just picked on Google Maps because it's probably the most popular. 

But as a further extension to that I think you will find Google Maps offers pretty much all the functionality of Here maps but with the the added useful things like street view, explore nearby and sharing location features. In fact it just automatically downloaded the map of Pattaya without prompting.

I understand it has a lot to do with personal choice, but if I was recommending mapping software for people to get around an unfamiliar place there is no question that Google Maps would be my suggestion. But of course if you or others have a personal aversion to Google products then Here Maps is a good choice will basic mapping software. But if you do not have a problem with Google products I would suggest you have another look at google Maps it's a lot different to a few years ago.

Obviously this isn't the right place to discuss this, but my suggestion would be different from yours, and it sounds like I know the pair of products better than you.  I use G Maps and G Street View on my PC, of course, this discussion is just about which software is better on your phone when out and about.  The saving of mobile data is the key big advantage of Here WeGo - "automatically downloading the map of Pattaya without prompting" is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.  I don't have any aversion to Google products, I just want what's best.

I only use G maps because I can hit the + symbol in Line and send location. The girls gets the map with a red pin to precisely locate me.

• Like 2