IGNORED

Bite Me Bistro--Best New Place in Town

expatdude

Never a dull day at Bite Me!

7.40am this morning, currently locked up in soi 9.

But we are open! Today's special, photo to come soon...

Chicken, Chorizo and Belotti Bean Lasagne with a Garden Salad, Red Wine Vinaigrette - 220 baht

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was it a drunk tourist or local thief?

BTW , I asked for the special the other day and the poor waitress dragged the chalkboard from outside to let us see it and then put it back after. I thought it was just for us but she repeated it the next table. Cant you just print it out on a piece of paper?

She was good , recommending us the desserts and got us ordering them!

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

was it a drunk tourist or local thief?

BTW , I asked for the special the other day and the poor waitress dragged the chalkboard from outside to let us see it and then put it back after. I thought it was just for us but she repeated it the next table. Cant you just print it out on a piece of paper?

She was good , recommending us the desserts and got us ordering them!

I like it.  No copy there.  The original.   :GoldenSmile1:

was it a drunk tourist or local thief?BTW , I asked for the special the other day and the poor waitress dragged the chalkboard from outside to let us see it and then put it back after. I thought it was just for us but she repeated it the next table. Cant you just print it out on a piece of paper?She was good , recommending us the desserts and got us ordering them!

I like it.  No copy there.  The original.   :GoldenSmile1:

Yes the special changes every day so the board will have to do for now :)

Drunk (at least) but not a drunk tourist or a local thief, some guy we've seen around a fair bit, think he lives here. He wasn't looking too fit early on, seemed to have mistaken our place for the Internet cafe two doors down. He must have thought the locked door with the closed sign on it was stuck. Or he was very hungry..

Life goes on. Tuesday's Special - Braised Pork Shoulder, Bok Choy Chinese Cabbage & Asparagus in a Home Made Vol Au Vent Pastry, with Beetroot Puree & Herb Aioli Dressings - 220B

image.jpeg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

image.jpeg

Look forward to a great Wednesday Special from 1pm - Chicken, Cream Cheese and Chorizo Ballantine with Shitake Mushrooms, Bok Choy and Mash, in a Red Wine Jus - 260B

"Ballantine, Ballantine, where do you roam?

Ballantine, Ballantine, far, far from home."

Not many too many chefs in Pattaya will undertake the preparation of a ballantine (alt sp ballotine), so I'm not going to miss this one.

Evil

devil.gif

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I like pork.I like schnitzel.

I don't see an issue so far.

keep going  :)

The slow cooker lamb is very good, next on my list!

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

last I checked you were i North America so I see a problem for you Houston.   :GoldenSmile1:

Any chance we could see the current regular full menu of Bite Me?

post-9139-0-61864900-1462412509.jpg

Wednesday's special, "Chicken, Cream Cheese and Chorizo Ballantine with Shittake Mushrooms, Bok Choy and Mash, in a Red Wine Jus," now ranks as one of my Bite Me favorites.  It was absolutely delicious!  Top quality ingredients were prepared and seasoned to make a balanced and flavorful dish that tasted a lot more than 260 baht.

post-9139-0-42896000-1462412533.jpg

A ballantine (alternate spelling "ballotine" most often seen in the U.S.) is traditionally made from a (de)boned piece of poultry that has been stuffed with sausage meat and/or other ingredients, then trussed or even sewn to hold its shape.

post-9139-0-86992500-1462412525.jpg

Sometimes the ballotine retains the form of a chicken leg or thigh; other times it's rolled to resemble a long, thick sausage. It's usually roasted, but other cooking methods are possible.

post-9139-0-60626500-1462412536.jpg

A ballotine is a time-consuming dish to make and I don't recall having ever seen it  before on any menu in Pattaya, although it is possible some fine-dining and hotel restaurants do offer it.  To find ballotine as good as Bite Me's for 260 baht is amazing.

post-9139-0-44655800-1462412540.jpg

The ballotine consisted of chicken breast filled with a mixture of spicy chorizo sausage and cream cheese.  The chorizo added taste and heat, while the cream cheese contributed a touch of acidity and tempered the heat of the chorizo. The bok choy and shittake mushrooms went well with the ballotine and the mashed potatoes.  My suggestion would be to give the mash a sprinkling of nutmeg to add yet another flavor component that goes well with th other ingredients.

post-9139-0-86427800-1462412544.jpg

It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing picture, but that's what my plate looked like.

post-9139-0-66006700-1462412548.jpg

I decided to finish my meal with dessert.  I was torn between carrot cake and cherry pie and came down in favor of  cherry pie.  I was curious to see what form my slice of pie would take.  After all, cherry pie is as American  as herpes and hot dogs, not to mention violence.  I wondered how Bite Me, which has often "deconstructed" traditional dishes to give them a new spin, would handle it. 

post-9139-0-57883900-1462412551.jpg

It was more a fruit tart with a top crust than a fruit pie in the U.S. sense.  Overall, I was a bit disappointed.  It didn't have much of a cherry taste and seemed overly sweet, but a glass of latte helped cut the sweetness.  Next time I'll have the carrot cake or crepes for dessert.

post-9139-0-80043600-1462412669.jpg

For anyone not familiar with U.S. cherry pie, here's a pic from the Net.  There are substantial differences between the U.S. and European versions of fruit pies.  Neither version is right or wrong in any absolute sense, they just reflect different culinary traditions, trends and preferences.

post-9139-0-38090700-1462412672.jpg

Bottom line: The creativity of the chefs at Bite Me continues to impress me.  In terms of value for money and taste, you can't eat better in Pattaya.

Evil

devil.gif

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

last I checked you were i North America so I see a problem for you Houston.   :GoldenSmile1:

Not when I can make it myself.

Bottom line: The creativity of the chefs at Bite Me continues to impress me.  In terms of value for money and taste, you can't eat better in Pattaya.

Evil

devil.gif

Thanks Evil all points noted :)

post-9139-0-61864900-1462412509.jpg

Wednesday's special, "Chicken, Cream Cheese and Chorizo Ballantine with Shittake Mushrooms, Bok Choy and Mash, in a Red Wine Jus," now ranks as one of my Bite Me favorites.  It was absolutely delicious!  Top quality ingredients were prepared and seasoned to make a balanced and flavorful dish that tasted a lot more than 260 baht.

post-9139-0-42896000-1462412533.jpg

A ballantine (alternate spelling "ballotine" most often seen in the U.S.) is traditionally made from a (de)boned piece of poultry that has been stuffed with sausage meat and/or other ingredients, then trussed or even sewn to hold its shape.

post-9139-0-86992500-1462412525.jpg

Sometimes the ballotine retains the form of a chicken leg or thigh; other times it's rolled to resemble a long, thick sausage. It's usually roasted, but other cooking methods are possible.

post-9139-0-60626500-1462412536.jpg

A ballotine is a time-consuming dish to make and I don't recall having ever seen it  before on any menu in Pattaya, although it is possible some fine-dining and hotel restaurants do offer it.  To find ballotine as good as Bite Me's for 260 baht is amazing.

post-9139-0-44655800-1462412540.jpg

The ballotine consisted of chicken breast filled with a mixture of spicy chorizo sausage and cream cheese.  The chorizo added taste and heat, while the cream cheese contributed a touch of acidity and tempered the heat of the chorizo. The bok choy and shittake mushrooms went well with the ballotine and the mashed potatoes.  My suggestion would be to give the mash a sprinkling of nutmeg to add yet another flavor component that goes well with th other ingredients.

post-9139-0-86427800-1462412544.jpg

It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing picture, but that's what my plate looked like.

post-9139-0-66006700-1462412548.jpg

I decided to finish my meal with dessert.  I was torn between carrot cake and cherry pie and came down in favor of  cherry pie.  I was curious to see what form my slice of pie would take.  After all, cherry pie is as American  as herpes and hot dogs, not to mention violence.  I wondered how Bite Me, which has often "deconstructed" traditional dishes to give them a new spin, would handle it. 

post-9139-0-57883900-1462412551.jpg

It was more a fruit tart with a top crust than a fruit pie in the U.S. sense.  Overall, I was a bit disappointed.  It didn't have much of a cherry taste and seemed overly sweet, but a glass of latte helped cut the sweetness.  Next time I'll have the carrot cake or crepes for dessert.

post-9139-0-80043600-1462412669.jpg

For anyone not familiar with U.S. cherry pie, here's a pic from the Net.  There are substantial differences between the U.S. and European versions of fruit pies.  Neither version is right or wrong in any absolute sense, they just reflect different culinary traditions, trends and preferences.

post-9139-0-38090700-1462412672.jpg

Evil

devil.gif

Wow Evil, that was a great review.

Love your descriptions and admire your taste.

Your knowledge of food and cooking, in my opinion, is second to none.

Cheers!

MSR

image.jpeg

The Bite Me Rack is back! Ribs at the Bistro today on special at 250B from 1pm (come early to avoid disappointment, the ribs can sell quickly) - Bite Me Bistro, corner of 3rd Road and Soi Lengkee

Friday 285B Special!

Duck Breast in a Red Wine, Shallot, Honey & Balsamic Glaze with Soba Noodles & Local Fresh Vegetables

Notre plat du jour vendredi à 285B!

Magret de Canard au Vin Rouge, Echalotes, Miel et Balsamique, accompagné de Nouilles Soba et Légumes du Marché

image.jpeg

Going to start a separate thread in the business section on this but the new kitchen is rolling with some great dishes being made and marinating right now.

Same theme as with the Bistro itself, quality food at sensible prices, from single portions for expats through to bulk quantities for restaurants. Stews, curries, shanks, lasagne, ribs and so much more; we are building up a menu with classic meals available on demand. We can also tailor dishes to a restaurant's needs for large, ongoing orders.

Expats - with either a pan of simmering hot water or a microwave you get a Bite Me Bistro quality meal straight from your fridge and onto your plate within seconds. Vacuum-packed, these meals can be kept in a fridge for up to ten days. They can also be frozen and kept much longer.

Restaurants - staff is a major issue here as we all know. So is maintaining consistent quality and keeping costs down. Bite Me can solve this for you. We will be able to cover some to all of your main course dishes, depending on the type of cuisine you offer. If you need to have a dish tailored to your restaurant alone and not sold elsewhere, no problem. Why worry any more about keeping expensive staff during the low season months, with cooks coming and going, standards slipping, when you can have dishes supplied just to meet demand.

Events catering, parties, business get-togethers, sports club meets, weddings... Bite Me offers a full outside catering service with high end spreads from finger foods to full blown meals, but at our well-known sensible prices. Our 400m2 sister restaurant seating 100, with a 100m2 balcony on three sides and its magnificent 360 degree panoramic views over all Pattaya and Jomtien can also be booked for private events at very reasonable rates.

Bite Me is bringing a refreshing new approach to the Pattaya dining scene. We want to look after the needs of the expat in his condo craving a quality meal, when he doesn't feel like going out. Just keep a selection of great tasting dishes in your fridge. We can assist restaurants looking for consistent quality while lowering their staffing and utilities costs. Provide high class events catering either at your location or in our own premises with the best views in town.

Please PM us if you would like further details

image.jpeg

Not when I can make it myself.

I hope you are better with a spatula than a putter.   :hello09:

Archived