IGNORED

Bite Me Bistro--Best New Place in Town

expatdude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, davidge said:

Unless I’ve misunderstood, there isn’t a new location it’s just that (some of?) the staff were taken on by another restaurant.

’Bite’ is no more. 

That was my understanding as well. I could have expressed myself a little better.

I actually walked over to the old Bite location tonight to discover that it was no longer there. You would think that I had learned to check on things before making a hike by now. O well - the Beef Brisket sandwich at Smokin Joe's was a pretty decent fill in.

Still would be interested in a little more info on the Phratamnak soi 4 location that is discussed above.

2 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Bite bit the dust.

That was going to be my line. :)

27 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

That was my understanding as well. I could have expressed myself a little better.

I actually walked over to the old Bite location tonight to discover that it was no longer there. You would think that I had learned to check on things before making a hike by now. O well - the Beef Brisket sandwich at Smokin Joe's was a pretty decent fill in.

Still would be interested in a little more info on the Phratamnak soi 4 location that is discussed above.

I think it’s this one:

https://www.newnordicgroup.com/our-services/restaurant-and-bars/new-nordic-steaks-grill-and-winery/

It’s not somewhere I’m ever going to go, on principle.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 9.3.2018 at 00:40, davidge said:

I think it’s this one:

https://www.newnordicgroup.com/our-services/restaurant-and-bars/new-nordic-steaks-grill-and-winery/

It’s not somewhere I’m ever going to go, on principle. 

I live 50m from that place but I have same principle. I will never use any New Nordic services. 

I've never been to any New Nordic business but now I'm curious why people are down on them. Do tell. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/03/2018 at 01:42, Kreggerz said:

Well they were going to one of the New Nordic restaurants.

I'm guessing maybe this one --

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g297916-d12424653-Reviews-New_Nordic_Steaks_Grill_Winery-Chonburi_Chonburi_Province.html

Actually you’re half correct. A new production kitchen in the main Marcus building serves both the steak restaurant you linked to (major overhaul of the menu there at the moment) and the new On The Hill Bistro just across the other side of the swimming pool. Exec chef, senior sous chef and a commis chef all ex-Bite so a few dishes some will be familiar with.

Now open for breakfast too from early, 7.30 I think. [Edit - 7am]

Nordic will give their Orange card to any applicant in exchange for name, an email address and date of birth - this entitles cardholders to 20% discount on all services including food and drink. Prices in the restaurant work out to be pretty reasonable using this, some on a par with and some even slightly less than those familiar with Bite will remember paying.

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

On 11/03/2018 at 15:14, jpmelville said:

I live 50m from that place but I have same principle. I will never use any New Nordic services. 

If it's related to the group's policies or tactics on property sales, I have to say that unless something Nordic had done affected me personally, I would never allow principles to stand between me and a great plate of food. There are simply too few of them around (good plates of food, we already know about principles) in this town!

By the way perhaps too far away for some - but the Nordic On The Hill Bistro on Pratumnak soi 4 serves its big breakfast from 7am. 220 baht - 20% for Orange cardholders (everyone can get one for free) , ie 178 baht. Includes a freshly pressed fruit juice, coffee or tea, home made toasted bread from their own bakery. See pic of breakfast itself and the breakfast menu.

FB_IMG_1522285264797.jpg

FB_IMG_1522285276252.jpg

FB_IMG_1522285283143.jpg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Archived