Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review - Canterbury Tales Cafe

Buttman Returns

This room available now.

6A small new.jpg

Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Met the guy Alan who has just opened a new bar/Guesthouse The English Rose another 20 yards along the soi from us, not many details yet but bar is very nice and open plan 2 pool tables, San mig was 55 baht and has 22 rooms at different size and rates, all new so should be fine, I said I would drop him a mention as he was not an Addict but is just about to be.

more details to follow

ROSE.JPG.jpg

We are now  offering e-books, a huge selection at good prices, available now for example

The outsider.jpg

250 baht, PDF, Kindle edition 14.99GBP on Amazon, published in May 2013 email me at [email protected] 

Edited by Daveo

Room update, if your looking for a deal drop me a line.

Room 202 available now, 302 available from 23rd ( pics attached) room 4C available soon, 1B available from 28th

small 202.jpgsmall new room poster leaf.jpg 

Room 202 available now.

Room 3C available now

Website small 3C.jpg

This room available until August 16th, full kitchen, 600 per night, longer term deals.

website small 1C.jpg

Room 4A available from 29th August to 20th September.

4A WEB small A.jpg

Met the guy Alan who has just opened a new bar/Guesthouse The English Rose another 20 yards along the soi from us, not many details yet but bar is very nice and open plan 2 pool tables, San mig was 55 baht and has 22 rooms at different size and rates, all new so should be fine, I said I would drop him a mention as he was not an Addict but is just about to be.

more details to follow

attachicon.gifROSE.JPG.jpg

You will always be my Rose

If you value your belongings, STAY AWAY!

Checked into a room and went to get something to eat. Came back after about 2 hours or so and caught the staff walking down the stairs with all my belongings, including my passport that was in the safe!!!

"Oh sorry sir, you move other room". They had some note from 'Dave' saying so. I'm not moving to some other room without you asking me first. And you definately do not take all my stuff out of my room without my permission. Who the hell knows what they would have taken if I did not catch them in the act. Luckily I did not have cash yet in the safe.

Downstairs I asked this 'Dave' what this was all about and said that it was unacceptable that they just go into my room to take all my belongings out. "Oh, sorry, somebody else already had booked the room". The 'sorry' sounded far from sincere. Then he tells me these are good people (really?) and he did not know they would take my stuff out of the room (again, really?).

I understand the desk people can make a mistake and that the room might already have been reserved. But it was not my mistake. I even have no problem moving rooms if you ask me, but you wait untill I get back into my room. Leave a note if you must telling me to come to the front desk to discuss it. But.... You DO NOT take all my belongings, including the safe contents, out of the room without my permission.

Suffice it to say, I went to a different hotel as the staff and management here cannot be trusted.

Edited by bucky60

I would have gone off my nut!!! Good u had some self control and voted with your feet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

If you value your belongings, STAY AWAY! ??

Suffice it to say, I went to a different hotel as the staff and management here cannot be trusted.??

I`ve never stayed there but am considering staying in late sept, and from what i`ve read on here 99% been exellent about the place and Dave 

I would`nt have liked it to have my things moved without being asked but what you have written insinuates they were stealing your things 

obviously everything was there or you would have stated on on here

I`ve never stayed there but am considering staying, and from what i`ve read on here 99% been exellent about the place and Dave 

+1

Gent's

I have never stayed at Dave's, only because I stay at a condo.

But I always pop in every day for a chat with the ex pats and who ever has booked in, and have something to drink/eat.

I go over to Thailand 5 times a year,  and in all that time I have never heard of anything being stolen from the rooms.

Yes they should have told you first about moving rooms and your stuff. But  Dave did say sorry. I am sure it was a one off and  a break down in comms with the staff.

Who by the way have been there years. And last year as I was getting up to leave my seat. one of them pointed out that I had dropped my wallet with over 20K in BHT on the floor.

Stayed there for three weeks in july, checked in at 10.30am only prob patio doors wont lock, went down to the bar saw dave told him the prob 10mins later locked fixed. only used the safe for my passport, left two phones,cameras spare change and orther belongings in the draws and on the tables. The cleaners were in and out regular and i never had any probs. would defo stay there again.

OK, I understand you were not happy I apologised re the confusion, what happened was the guest who had booked the room booked for the 1st, he forgot he was leaving his home on the 1st but arriving on the 2nd, so effectively he had not turned up on the 1st so you came and was offered the room.

Then the booking showed up so I wrote a note asking you to move to another room, I was not aware the staff was moving your stuff as I suggested they wait for you and help you move,

and I apologised several times, I have to say I trust the staff 100% otherwise they would not be working there and you saying they cannot be trusted is wrong.

Guests trust them when the rooms are cleaned so as I say they are 100% OK.

I understand you were not happy but I have to say you overreacted, ok, to complain re the staff opening the safe to me as I say I apologised and mentioned I trust the staff wholey, again I apologise but simply there was no harm done and you were offered another room.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday really I sincerely apologise. 

As a first post by a bm trashing a business it should be viewed with caution and even possibly removed. Businesses have been known to attack each other like this. However as Dave has got here first and confirmed the incident I'd like to add my piece.

For a start the BM has shot himself in the foot because despite the outrageous tone of the post he confirmed that nothing was missing which is really a huge endorsement and confirmation of what a lot of people already know. Dave runs an excellent guest house and his staff are trustworthy. Although I've never stayed there I've had breakfast there countless times. Can't fault the staff and Dave is a top bloke. His reaction and response to what was obviously a mistake stemming from some typical Thai/farang miscommunication is faultless. The Bm's reaction of making this ridiculously over the top complaint his first post in 3 years does concern me a little. Stuff happens in Thailand. Often. And the best way to deal with it when there has, as in this case, been no harm done, is to brush it off with a smile and a mai be lai.

In summary if I needed my stuff taken from one room to another by some hotel staff then Daves is one of the places I'd trust to do it without a second thought. :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

"the staff opening the safe"

make me laugh :HaHaHa1:

Benny all hotels have a master key, how many times we have had to reset a safe because of guests forgetting the combination etc or guests leaving the safe closed when checking out so have to be reset, you do understand don't you.

Oh come on ....in 21 trips i've twice needed the assistance of staff to get me into the safe once in Phi Phi in a beach hut and once at the Dawin on Nana .... i thought it was common knowledge that all establishments with safes had keys to over-ride them ...i'd have been fooked without them.

As for Daves establishment ...well he's getting on a bit and maybe hes Thai isn't as fluent as he would like but i'm sure it's basically a misenterpretation by hes staff .... It's not like a Thai ever misunderstands a Falang is it.

A bit harsh to flame him on here after what i think it's a simple mix up  , pure and simple ... I'm sure a free breakfast would have been the end of the matter and you could have continued your holiday without feeling that you had been hard done by and without any ill feeling overspilling onto here.

Anyways ....wheels up tomorrow and Patts by monday .....Damn   

I would have no hesitation whatsoever about staying at The Canterbury Tales.

It is hardly a den of inequity.

I've had stuff ripped off from other places I've stayed and the farang owner hasn't given a damn.

The OP is in my opinion here blowing this up out of all proportion and I think it is unfair to the owner of the business.

Of all the places ive stayed in pattaya this is the very last place id describe as untrustworthy!   When you stay there it seems like your part of the family .. im sure it never even crossed the staff's minds they were doing anything wrong - just moving your stuff for you!  

I had to comment .. stayed there often and the cannot be trusted statement is just wrong!

hotel safes are such a false sense of security too!  No better than a locked room door!   

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

I have benn thinking of staying there on my next visit. I think it is understandable that the guest was upset that his safe was emptied . I would also be upset about this. Who wouldn't be????

In the end it was nothing and everything worked out. The staff seems to be honest and trustworthy.

Have stayed at CT twice this year and have just booked for November.

Each time i have  managed to leave something valuable unsecured in the room ,and have had a finger

wagging from the cleaning lady.

Dave and his lovely wife run a great set up , so i feel the incident was a one off and was mostly due to language 

probs by staff .

I am still happy to recommend the Canterbury tales ..

Canterbury Tales is what it is and doesnt pretend to be anything other.

What is it? its a good guesthouse with a decent rooms and a good price model. It also has a great owner who goes out of his way to help not only his customers but the forum and forum members also. i would have no hesitation recommending it to anyone looking for nice clean budget accommodation.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!