Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Premiership League Football 2014/15

jocky king

QPR relegated to the championship from a heavy defeat from City ,Newly Premiership Champions Chelsea drew at home to Liverpool 1-1. Meaning that Liverpool chances for fourth place is almost finished .

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As usual Spurs are falling apart - they need some major surgery in the defence for next season to mount a serious top 4 challenge.

Its looking bad for QPR - they are likely to be fined millions when they start the new season in the championship as they are guilty of breaking financial fair play rules the season they were promoted. How can one team spend so much money on dud signings with massive wages - Wright- Phillips, Barton, Ferdinand etc.

As usual Spurs are falling apart - they need some major surgery in the defence for next season to mount a serious top 4 challenge.

Its looking bad for QPR - they are likely to be fined millions when they start the new season in the championship as they are guilty of breaking financial fair play rules the season they were promoted. How can one team spend so much money on dud signings with massive wages - Wright- Phillips, Barton, Ferdinand etc.

Heard it will be a massive fine ( £5 million ) and worse a few points deduction . Harry at it again , he should know better after Portsmouth scandal .

Haha finally someone defeated the Gunners, thanks to GDS Swans had a 1-0 victory, there's still hope for Utd to creep up.

................................................................................................................

Haha finally someone defeated the Gunners, thanks to GDS Swans had a 1-0 victory, there's still hope for Utd to creep up.

If United wins against Arsenal on Sunday , they will switch places with Arsenal but Arsenal have a game in hand , two home games . West Brom and Sunderland , Sunderland will be tough cis they are fighting to stay up . Strange things happens in football , Interesting times ahead .

. Strange things happens in football , Interesting times ahead .

Thats certainly true,always expect the unexpected.

All this hullabaloo over Steven Gerard finishing up his Liverpool career & playing his last game on his home patch this weekend is bit of a media circus really. Not being uncharitable, but the guy won a few cups here & there & one UCL in a freakish match, never did win a Premiership.

Couldn't guide England to any  top honors either. Yeah, he did drive a mediocre team through the last decade, a big fish in a small pond really TBH.

Wish him luck in his future endeavors, nonetheless. 

................................................................................................................

Couldn't guide England to any  top honors either.

Same as Ronaldo and Messi then. ;)

Same as Ronaldo and Messi then. ;)

Nah!! Ronaldo & Messi did guide their teams to Euro & WC finals respectively, the best for Gerard is QFs, I believe. Also, CR7 & Messi are still young enough to get a few more shots at glory for their country's. Their club accolades are incomparable. 

All this hullabaloo

It boils down to appreciating his loyalty. He played for one club, he turned down Real and Chelsea, Mourinho and Ferguson (who wrote he did not rate him yet tried to sign him, lol) amongst others who wanted him at his peak, along with heaps of money.

I'm now starting to get worried that we might finish 7th or even 6th and qualify for the Europa League again.

It will be a relegation battle next year if we do!

We just don't have the squad for all the extra games and won't buy that many players this Summer.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

It boils down to appreciating his loyalty. He played for one club, he turned down Real and Chelsea, Mourinho and Ferguson (who wrote he did not rate him yet tried to sign him, lol) amongst others who wanted him at his peak, along with heaps of money.

Think Giggs & Scholes rate higher on the loyalty meter considering their accomplishments, don't recall the same in their cases.

I'm now starting to get worried that we might finish 7th or even 6th and qualify for the Europa League again.

It will be a relegation battle next year if we do!

We just don't have the squad for all the extra games and won't buy that many players this Summer.

If an unknown team from Ukraine (Dnipro) can do it then the mid tier EPL teams should do better. Its a ticket to UCL qualification from this season. Personally, I think the mid-tier EPL teams are being softies in running away from Europe.

Nah!! Ronaldo & Messi did guide their teams to Euro & WC finals respectively, the best for Gerard is QFs, I believe. Also, CR7 & Messi are still young enough to get a few more shots at glory for their country's. Their club accolades are incomparable. 

No one player has ever led a team to glory on their own so England’s or Liverpool’s lack of glory can’t be apportioned to solely to Gerrard. FWIW I’m not a big fan of Liverpool and I’m indifferent to Gerrard but I can appreciate a guys loyalty.

No one player has ever led a team to glory on their own so England’s or Liverpool’s lack of glory can’t be apportioned to solely to Gerrard. FWIW I’m not a big fan of Liverpool and I’m indifferent to Gerrard but I can appreciate a guys loyalty.

Neither can the success. That's all am saying.

Think Giggs & Scholes rate higher on the loyalty meter considering their accomplishments,

They were at a team that was winning medals consistently, Gerrard could have left at any time to join another team, i.e Manchester united early in 2003? or 4? or Chelsea or Real at anytime and been guaranteed medals, acclaim and serious money (not that he was not earning damn good money) but chose to stay. That is real loyalty, the kind that giggs and Scholes were never tested on and that Rooney for instance failed at when he left his Everton behind.

They were at a team that was winning medals consistently, Gerrard could have left at any time to join another team, i.e Manchester united early in 2003? or 4? or Chelsea or Real at anytime and been guaranteed medals, acclaim and serious money (not that he was not earning damn good money) but chose to stay. That is real loyalty, the kind that giggs and Scholes were never tested on and that Rooney for instance failed at when he left his Everton behind.

Gerrard nearly joined Chelsea in 2004 but stayed when his family got a death threat ,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-308410/Gerrards-U-turn-threats-family.html

Gerrard nearly joined Chelsea in 2004 but stayed when his family got a death threat ,

I remember the stories going around, I even Know some things i won't mention on here about certain wannabe gangsters and death threats, needless to say the media creamed it's pants but the truth is:

John Williams, of Leicester University's Football Research Centre who is also a Liverpool season ticket holder and closely monitors events at Anfield, said: "The board mobilised his (Gerrard's) family to work on him. It was emphasised that this was more than about football and money, this was about family and loyalty and that Liverpool is where Steven belongs. The family, particularly Gerrard's father, implored him to stay."

"Gerrard's dad soon put him right and had some serious words with him. He just told his son, look in the mirror, you are a hero around here, can you really turn your back on the club now?"

If my father had implored me to do something it would not be a hard decision, if yours did the same, you would go against him?

Plenty of other players have received death threats, Rooney for example, Danny wellbeck, Anton Ferdinand,etc, it is annoying that lowlifes do this but it had less influence than was made out in the "press".

This one below tho is funny:

One Direction fans have lashed out on Twitter after Louis Tomlinson was tackled during a charity football match by Aston Villa player Gabriel Agbonlahor. 

Agbonlahor was told he'd have his "balls chopped off" by angry Directioners after his tackle during the charity match at Celtic Park at the weekend left Tomlinson in so much pain he vomited on the touchline and had to be replaced.

Giggs & Scholes were approached by AC & Inter Milan during Italian football heydays.

If an unknown team from Ukraine (Dnipro) can do it then the mid tier EPL teams should do better. Its a ticket to UCL qualification from this season. Personally, I think the mid-tier EPL teams are being softies in running away from Europe.

In other European leagues there are always easy games where sides can rest players without too much of a risk.

The Premier League is so competitive that you need to be 'at it' for almost every game. The top 3 or 4 sides have the squads to rotate between Europe and PL but for the next tier of clubs it's a big risk as you can find yourself losing games if you rest players and losing games if you don't - as the fixture load of Thu/Sun/Thu catches up with you.

Look at Swansea the season we were in the Europa. Struggled near the bottom of PL. The only season it's been an issue.

Look at Everton this season. Perilously close to the bottom until they went out of the Europa.

Stoke were the same a few seasons ago.

Even Spurs struggle to maintain form.

It's only when you're following a team in the Europa League that you realise just how dreadful the competition is. Long journeys to God-forsaken places. Arrive home late Friday or early Saturday then travel to a PL game.

You need a much bigger squad to be able to cope.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

In other European leagues there are always easy games where sides can rest players without too much of a risk.

The Premier League is so competitive that you need to be 'at it' for almost every game. The top 3 or 4 sides have the squads to rotate between Europe and PL but for the next tier of clubs it's a big risk as you can find yourself losing games if you rest players and losing games if you don't - as the fixture load of Thu/Sun/Thu catches up with you.

Look at Swansea the season we were in the Europa. Struggled near the bottom of PL. The only season it's been an issue.

Look at Everton this season. Perilously close to the bottom until they went out of the Europa.

Stoke were the same a few seasons ago.

Even Spurs struggle to maintain form.

It's only when you're following a team in the Europa League that you realise just how dreadful the competition is. Long journeys to God-forsaken places. Arrive home late Friday or early Saturday then travel to a PL game.

You need a much bigger squad to be able to cope.

Gotta agree with you , they should change that to Wednesdays or Tuesdays , but the Europa organiser won't like that . Let hope Liverpool will clinch the fifth place . :)

Giggs & Scholes were approached by AC & Inter Milan during Italian football heydays.

True but my point stands, they did not have to leave Manchester to chase glory, much as i love Liverpool, Gerard would have easily secured the kudos of medals and acclaim by going to Manchester, Chelsea or Real.

I hope Steven is given an occasion fitting of his talent, he at times carried  some pretty average Liverpool teams. I cant understand why all of a sudden if you don't have a league winners medal you cant be world class, Stuart Ripley and Jason Wilcox have one, but Bobby Moore doesn't and I think we can all agree which is the best player there. He won a champions league winners medal and wasn't surrounded by galcticos, he had Igor Biscan , Dlimi Traore and Vladimir Smicer helping him.

We have to beat QPR this weekend dammit.

I admire SG. He stayed with his club knowing he was far too good for them and could easily of won more medals elsewhere. I'm sure it will be a very sad day for Liverpool fans tomorrow. 

Archived