Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Premiership League Football 2014/15

jocky king

I hope Steven is given an occasion fitting of his talent, he at times carried  some pretty average Liverpool teams. I cant understand why all of a sudden if you don't have a league winners medal you cant be world class, Stuart Ripley and Jason Wilcox have one, but Bobby Moore doesn't and I think we can all agree which is the best player there. He won a champions league winners medal and wasn't surrounded by galcticos, he had Igor Biscan , Dlimi Traore and Vladimir Smicer helping him.

Precisely my point, he was & remains a big fish in a small pond. Personally, I rate Lampard much higher & that's not because he won a whole host of things.

................................................................................................................

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to beat QPR this weekend dammit.

Have you guys heard anything about David Moyes taking over at Newcastle next season, provided they manage to avoid the drop.

................................................................................................................

Have you guys heard anything about David Moyes taking over at Newcastle next season, provided they manage to avoid the drop.[/quote

I've not heard anything of the sort.

Wouldn't say no to Moyes though.

Might get some players that would follow him.

Fuck knows we need something.

Sorry Mick Pattaya but my quote button not working.

Some like yourself might say big fish in a small pond but some would say loyalty and staying at the club you supported as a boy.

Utd fans still slag Shearer for not going to them but he joined his boyhood club and he was happy to do it.

Bryan Robson stayed at Utd and became a Utd legend, he was a great player and carried that Utd side at times would you have advised him to leave and go to a more successful club?

Have you guys heard anything about David Moyes taking over at Newcastle next season

However, Moyes has ruled out a possible switch to Tyneside.

He said: “I’ll be here. I’m not going anywhere.”

And speaking to the Guardian, he insisted he would be sticking with Real Sociedad, adding: “There’s always speculation, but I’m here to do the job.

Newcastle fans are great but they will not get a "top flight" manager so long as Ashley retains control of the club and their fans know it, another reason why Newcastle United fans at QPR today will be handed red fliers and asked to stand on 34 minutes to protest against unpopular owner Mike Ashley.

Plans are being prepared to have a major impact at the final game of the season too, against West Ham and will be announced in due course following the game against Queens Park Rangers.

Some like yourself might say big fish in a small pond but some would say loyalty and staying at the club you supported as a boy.

Utd fans still slag Shearer for not going to them but he joined his boyhood club and he was happy to do it.

Bryan Robson stayed at Utd and became a Utd legend, he was a great player and carried that Utd side at times would you have advised him to leave and go to a more successful club?

I'm not questioning his loyalty to the club, in fact I appreciated how he has carried a mediocre team through the last decade. All am saying that given the returns, the media circus would be better off looking at other footballers who have had a more profound legacy than Gerrard. He chose not to go to Real or Chelsea for reasons he knows best, media does not need to make him a saint just for that.

Loyalty/wanting to play for your hometown club is admirable in modern day football,but most footballers are only loyal to one thing...money.Im not saying shearer wouldnt still have gone to Newcastle, but if they were not meeting his financial demands things might have been different,we`ll never know.

For such a superb player he won very little,his one premiership title coming with Blackburn.It must go through his head what he could have won if he had gone to man utd...league champions,champions league winners etc.But hes earned his millions so he wont be that concerned.....will he :rolleyes:

Alan Who ?

:rolleyes: 5555

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

A lot of people would love to win major honours playing for their team . Steven achieved that and scored important goals along the way.

I still think its a mistake letting all that experience leave the club and if Rodgers gets it wrong next season the fans will no doubt let him know.

All am saying that given the returns, the media circus would be better off looking at other footballers who have had a more profound legacy than Gerrard. He chose not to go to Real or Chelsea for reasons he knows best, media does not need to make him a saint just for that.

I agree with you that the media is a circus and often full of clowns too, the fact that at this moment in time Gerard reaches the end of his story (so far) with Liverpool should be replaced with what else of current relevance to the media and fans in particular, in your opinion?

I have not heard him called a saint anywhere but when managers of Mourinho's stature applaud him and his own peers praise him the media should turn it into a non story? Not report it? Play it down?

That is not how the media works, it just is what it is, a story that has been told before and will be again, but less often as the pursuit of money trumps loyalty with increasing regularity.

How long before such loyalty becomes a product of of a bygone age i wonder?

I'm not questioning his loyalty to the club, in fact I appreciated how he has carried a mediocre team through the last decade. All am saying that given the returns, the media circus would be better off looking at other footballers who have had a more profound legacy than Gerrard. He chose not to go to Real or Chelsea for reasons he knows best, media does not need to make him a saint just for that.

As an outsider looking in at the EPL , i think the media coverage is perfectly understandable tbf. 

He is easily one of the most famous English players of the last decade (or more), he played over 100 games for his country, he played his whole career for the club he supports and is their longest serving captain. Add the fact his club happen to be one of Englands biggest clubs. it's not hard to see the reason for the level of media coverage.

Now 30 minutes in and Newcastle leading 1-0.   :ThumbUp6:

Sandio Mane scored the fastest hat trick (13,14,16) for Southampton beating Aston Villa 6-1 . Robbie Fowler hold that record for 21years , now has been broken by Mane .

Ronnie Fowler

"Darn keyboard putting the N where the b should be!" :hello09:

"Darn keyboard putting the N where the b should be!" :hello09:

thanks for correction , :) , B was next to a N . Should have looked at the keyboard a little bit more carefully .

Fuck me.How do you let QPR back in it?

Fuck me.How do you let QPR back in it?

That is why it is called football , :)

Damn. Lucky Hull have a tough last game.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

That is why it is called football , :)

The Players should be ashamed of them selves to be acting this way.

It's one thing to dislike the politics at your club,but it's another to completely fuck the fans of average football.

Disgusting really.

What a recovery by Leicester, looked down & out a month back & then back 2 back wins & draws to climb up to safety from the 20th position. Its between Hull & Newcastle now, Sunderland will keep an eye out though. Villa safe as well, they can look forward to defeating the Gunners & winning the cup.

Its in Newcastles hands, they need a result at home to West Ham, but this is an honest league and I don't think West Ham will just turn up and go through the motions.It will be a tense affair.   

Looks like Newcastle will be able to thank a Geordie (Steve Bruce) for saving them this season.

Hull look in real trouble now. They saved themselves last season by pairing Jelavic & Long in January. I was very surprised when they sold Long in the Summer.

It may depend on Man Utd v Arsenal tomorrow, if Arsenal win then Utd have nothing to play for next week.

Newcastle fans planning another anti-Ashley protest next week so may not be the best atmosphere at St. James' Park (I won't call it anything else). A shame that such a big club have such an utter tosser as an owner.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Liverpool lost to Palace at home 1-3 which supposed to be a goodbye present from Stevie Gerrard but wasn't to be. I don't think that Stevie played the last match at Anfield , he will be loaned back to Liverpool in the winter like Beckham to PSG and Lampard to City . Above all , I wish Stevie the best of luck in his new career in US . United playing Arsenal tomorrow should be very interesting , United now know they have at least fourth place guaranteed if lose last two matches but United will want to beat Arsenal and hope for Sunderland to beat Arsenal at Emirates Stadium . Sunderland is fighting for more points to stay up . United and Arsenal does not want to lose tomorrow because they want to get a guarantee place in the Champion League rather than playing in a play offs against the likes of Celtic , Basel , and few tricky tough teams.

If Hull do manage to beat Man U next week and Newcastle draw it could leave 3 teams on the same points, Sunderland do have 2 games left but are away to Arsenal midweek and then Chelsea next Sunday. I fancy Arsenal to win their 2 home games and take third position and a result at OT today would make that easier. If Man U have nothing to play for next week the conspiracy theorists will be out in force 

Archived