IGNORED

World cup football, Brazil, 2014.

jocky king

That tippee tappee shit has had it's time bye bye Spain.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very impressed with Chile, great teamwork , work ethics , unselfish play . They deserved to beat Spain. Their counter attack is outstanding, will be looking forward to Holland and chile clash to avoid possible Brazil encounter . I am leaning on Chile to win, Hollland only need a draw to avoid possible clash with Brazil. I think I am a fan of Chile, I love their style of play.

I personally blame the Spain Coach. Xavi on the bench!!!! REALLY?? Iniesta and Xavi has dominated football at Club and international level as a pair for a decade! If something is not broken, do not fix it!

All the gear and no idea. Spains bench is stronger than 90% of the teams first teams at this World Cup!

Oh well, punishment for that is sacked in the morning!

The way Brasil has been playing it does not really matter who faces Brasil. Since both teams play better then Brasil.

My money is still on Holland to beat Chile. Not because im Dutch but because after the Aussie game they will be back on their toes and bring their best game.

Looking forward to a good match though! Chile has indeed been very impressive.

Very very impressed with Chile, great teamwork , work ethics , unselfish play . They deserved to beat Spain. Their counter attack is outstanding, will be looking forward to Holland and chile clash to avoid possible Brazil encounter . I am leaning on Chile to win, Hollland only need a draw to avoid possible clash with Brazil. I think I am a fan of Chile, I love their style of play.

Yes, Chile are really emerging as a dark horse in this cup. I am really impressed with them. alot of this team will be snapped up in the Transfer window.

I really hope they do well, they work very hard as a team and hunt in packs. Nobody will be wanting to Play them in the next round.

Well done Chile.

The England V Uraguay game should be on tv at 2am in Pattaya wiith the Bars  packed with Brits in great voice.

If i were there now, I'd  clear the tubes with an ST in the afternoon and then get ready for a World Cup night to remember (or forget)

Good luck to the Brits tonight!

I hope you take the win and stay in the race. Im not sure if suarez is playing though.

He could mean trouble. Dont know if he is still injured.

Think England will win tonight, Uruguay must have had their stuffing knocked out by the Costa Rica defeat, pretty similar to what happened to Spain versus Holland,they never recovered, plus they have one of their first team player out on a red card.

................................................................................................................

Think England will win tonight, Uruguay must have had their stuffing knocked out by the Costa Rica defeat, pretty similar to what happened to Spain versus Holland,they never recovered, plus they have one of their first team player out on a red card.

England will win easily , Uruguay team is an old team. Suarez won't play well cos he need a friendly match to improve his fitness , and a loss of big player very silly send off , Best of luck to England and Uruguay , hope the match will be great.

England vs Uruguay is not even 20 minutes old, and its clear to see England is without a chance. I didn't expect it to be much different, England hasn't performed well in decades. Lets face it that England is a subtopper at best and certainly not in the same league as Brazil, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Spain and Argentina. England is more like Czech Republic, Serbia, Russia, Portugal etc.. Entertaining at times, but no chance to ever win a tournament.

Can someone enlighten me why England / UK doesn't have a sports culture? I mean they don't perform well in the Olympics either.

Ok going to watch again, its entertaining :-)

MBL

Half-time 0-1  Full time1-2

P.S. Germany will be World Champions, best all round team.

Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
Where there aren't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst;
For the temple-bells are callin', an' it's there that I would be,
By the old Moulmein Pagoda, looking lazy at the sea;

Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,

Would you believe it ? Suarez scored , it looks as if they already won the match by wild celebrations. England will be back in second half.

Very loose play by England - not winning many 1v1 challenges, no pressing, at this point Uruguay look like they want it more and Suarez exposed the England defensive weaknesses. They need to up their game drastically or else they are out. Maybe send the Ox on sometime in the 2nd half if he's fit?

England vs Uruguay is not even 20 minutes old, and its clear to see England is without a chance. I didn't expect it to be much different, England hasn't performed well in decades. Lets face it that England is a subtopper at best and certainly not in the same league as Brazil, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Spain and Argentina. England is more like Czech Republic, Serbia, Russia, Portugal etc.. Entertaining at times, but no chance to ever win a tournament.

Can someone enlighten me why England / UK doesn't have a sports culture? I mean they don't perform well in the Olympics either.

Ok going to watch again, its entertaining :-)

MBL

Half-time 0-1

P.S. Germany will be World Champions, best all round team.

Simple answer why the UK has no successful sports culture? = no money is invested in sports, lack of school sports, lack of sports facilities, cost of using sports facilities, I could go on and on but you get my drift. 

I spent 3 years in Holland and lived in a small town (10,000 or so). I ended up playing football for the town's Amateur team and on my first night of training I watched the kids (6-7 year old) training under floodlights on a small artificial pitch with enthusiastic coaches...they were amazing. Growing up in Scotland in a town of a similar size I had never seen such quality facilities, coaching and community involvement.  Mind you the Dutch pay for it in taxes! 

@Scot75

Thanks for your story! When I was 8, thats 30 years ago, indeed we trained once or twice a week in the evening under floodlights with maybe 15 kids and a trainer, and I lived in a town of 7500 people. I didn't know that it isn't common in Scotland/UK. I think no one really minds the taxmoney, in the end its our money and atleast this time we  see some of it back :-). Its part of the upbringing to be participate in atleast 1 sports, and many many kids enroll in 2 or even 3 sports.

Thanks Scot75 for sharing!

MBL

Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
Where there aren't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst;
For the temple-bells are callin', an' it's there that I would be,
By the old Moulmein Pagoda, looking lazy at the sea;

Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,

Suarez scored two to kill England hopes to qualify , England will need other favours to give them a slim chance. Why Ross Barkley not given a full match twice , can't understand , he is one of the best players this year in EPL. England was the best team twice and still lost em ? How strange ?

@Scot75

Thanks for your story! When I was 8, thats 30 years ago, indeed we trained once or twice a week in the evening under floodlights with maybe 15 kids and a trainer, and I lived in a town of 7500 people. I didn't know that it isn't common in Scotland/UK. I think no one really minds the taxmoney, in the end its our money and atleast this time we  see some of it back :-). Its part of the upbringing to be participate in atleast 1 sports, and many many kids enroll in 2 or even 3 sports.

Thanks Scot75 for sharing!

MBL

Yeah MBL that was one of the differences I noticed in Holland - lots of sports participation or at least the opportunity to participate for kids. Enjoyed my time there and even did a coaching badge with the Dutch FA (paid for by the Dutch taxpayers).    

I cant believe England out....mmm . Football is called soccer in Australia the fastest growing sport here and children are choosing this as their first sport. 25 years ago when coming through the school system it was refered to as Wog ball and no one played much.

If history is anything to go by, I can see Australians becoming very good by the next world cup and certainly up there with the best teams in 7-12 years, but time will tell. Its's all pointing that way due to grass roots interest. (more and more youngsters choosing this over more traditional AFL-aussie RULES,and Rugby)

Suarez quoted after his yesterday win , "I dreamt this," Suarez said at the Itaquerao Stadium. "I'm enjoying this moment, because of all I suffered, the criticism I received. So, there you go."

English hopes of advancing from Group D to the round of 16 are now in real jeopardy after the team's worst World Cup start in more than half a century. While England is stuck on zero points, Uruguay is off the mark after Suarez made an instant impact on his return from surgery.

"Before the game, too many people in England laughed about my attitude over the last few years," Suarez said. "This is a very good time for me. I want to see what they think now."

I admit that I am one of em that laughed at him, now he had proved me wrong. Great player , to score two goals after coming out of a operation table few weeks ago is unreal.

Fact i heard today ... England has since 1966 never managed to win a

game during the world championship finals after going 1-0 down ... oops .  

Fact i heard today ... England has since 1966 never managed to win a

game during the world championship finals after going 1-0 down ... oops .  

Off the top of my head we were down to Cameroon in 1990 and won

Archived