Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

thanks for your prompt reply , i am delighted that you have found a replacement so quickly .

please respond to my original query.............

thanks in anticipation !

to clarify ................

my main query was     ** if i have a meal that proves unsatisfactory , will i get a credit ? or will i get the thai response .......... sorree please pay now and hope meal better next time ?? **

my main query was ** if i have a meal that proves unsatisfactory , will i get a credit ? or will i get the thai response .......... sorree please pay now and hope meal better next time ?? **

You sound like your minds already made up that the meal will be shit. If your so worried then don't bother going.

How about just giving the new chef a minute to start the job before expecting the worst.

Jesus I know I have given this place some stick (rightly so) in the past but at least that was for food already reviewed and tasted by people but I have also given good advice too.

The owner always deals with the shit and tries to fix things so how about giving him a chance to regroup before looking for your free credit for something you haven't tried yet.

Edited by alanhass
  • Like 4

my main query was     ** if i have a meal that proves unsatisfactory , will i get a credit ? or will i get the thai response .......... sorree please pay now and hope meal better next time ?? **

HaHa If your genuinely unhappy with the food we would not expect you to pay, Yuri my manager is there 5 nights a week to help deal with any issues!

You sound like your minds already made up that the meal will be shit. If your so worried then don't bother going.

How about just giving the new chef a minute to start the job before expecting the worst.

Jesus I know I have given this place some stick (rightly so) in the past but at least that was for food already reviewed and tasted by people but I have also given good advice too.

The owner always deals with the shit and tries to fix things so how about giving him a chance to regroup before looking for your free credit for something you haven't tried yet.

all i wanted was reassurance as i have always enjoyed my meals here . with respect , it is the owner that i am directing my question to , and i always found that an assurance such as the one that i am asking about really focuses the mind .

remember there is a lot of competition in this town and indeed in this area ( think bite me ! ) . i often buy the 20/30 baht street food or the 1000 baht meal in good restaurants, i dont mind paying for either but i do mind if the perceived value is not present . 

HaHa If your genuinely unhappy with the food we would not expect you to pay, Yuri my manager is there 5 nights a week to help deal with any issues!

thank you again for the clarification . i forgot about Yuri , im sure he will be the professional link between the customer and the kitchen .

thanks again !

Edited by Guiness
  • Like 1

Re-group is exactly what we are doing

Edited by China Garden

Not everyone is cut out for working a serious job in Thailand, especially someone new to the country. All the best with the new Chef, it will be interesting to see what his "vision" for the restaurant is and if there are any significant changes.

Edited by Sticky Fingers
  • Like 2

I was satisfied the first time i was there in feb'15

I was a little disappointed last time in nov'15 and i was thinking of not going back this time. Just to explore someone else. Will be in town 8.march.

But with a new chef in house... I might try a steak, peppersauce & fries again.

• Like 1

the thai cheps can cook the steak as good as

the euro chef have been when the thai chef has

cooked my steak never had a problem

• Like 2

cheap charle looking for a free meal

• Like 3

Its a nice place, and i hope it turns out good with the new chef.

my farang wife and i have been to this restaurant 4 times in the last 3 months,we have found both the food and the wine to be very good.after coming to pattaya every year since 1987 we have decided that this is our last time in thailand.so on our last ever night this friday we will be having our final steak and wine at this fine restaurant. new chef or not I am sure they will not let us down.

• Like 1

cheap charle looking for a free meal

please read the rest of my posts before you jump to conclusions

Totally agree, Cheap Charlie, out of his depth, should stick to balloon chasing buffet type food.

I would bar the cunt if it was my place. 

Totally agree, Cheap Charlie, out of his depth, should stick to balloon chasing buffet type food.

I would bar the cunt if it was my place. 

people with attitude like yours should be barred . i have eaten there many times , and enjoyed each occasion . with Yuri still there i am reassured . it is disappointing to be flamed on this board , and doubly so from someone showing an irish flag .

• Like 3

people with attitude like yours should be barred . i have eaten there many times , and enjoyed each occasion . with Yuri still there i am reassured . it is disappointing to be flamed on this board , and doubly so from someone showing an irish flag .

I have to agree with the other OP. Unless there's a bug or some other thing wrong with my meal my expectations would be an apology and possibly a replacement meal/ dish. I've never had a bad meal at Steak & Co, but I realize it's possible to have off days. Expecting credit seems like it can be exploited. Do you always ask restaurant owners to guarantee the meal?

• 1 month later...

How is everything going at Steak & Co with the new chef? Any changes, for better or worse?

How is everything going at Steak & Co with the new chef? Any changes, for better or worse?

Been in 3 times in the last 3 weeks

Brilliant as normal

The chef has been well trained

I will be going again tonight

I have stayed in china garden for many trips and when they opened Steak and Co I told everyone I know to go and eat there and they did and not one single person has ever had a bad thing to say about the place.

yes, expensive for a meal in Thailand but you get absolute quality every single time and it's definitely worth it.

The Thai staff at China Garden/Steak and Co have always been the most helpful friendly people I have ever come across in Thailand and are the best part of the business and the reason I return every single time.

I have stayed in china garden for many trips and when they opened Steak and Co I told everyone I know to go and eat there and they did and not one single person has ever had a bad thing to say about the place.

At least we know who to credit for its success  :)

• Like 2

yes, expensive for a meal in Thailand but you get absolute quality every single time and it's definitely worth it.

The Thai staff at China Garden/Steak and Co have always been the most helpful friendly people I have ever come across in Thailand and are the best part of the business and the reason I return every single time.

Best quality instant mash!

Over all it isn't bad, top quality meat but I've had some duff side orders and stale bread in there.

had a meal there as promised on my last visit , the meal was up to its usual high standard   , thanks again to the chef , staff and management for a delightful experience  :hello09:  :hello09:  :hello09:

• 4 months later...

Currently enjoying a few meals from Steak n Co, the specials are a really great deal. Had the salmon yesterday, beautifully cooked and a great dish.

Chilli con carne another dish done well, simple but easy to mess up in the wrong hands. King prawn starter also lovely.

The wagyu rump I had last week was also cooked perfectly, top marks to the chef.

This is the first holiday in ages where I've not been to Beefeater.

Edit to add the potato gratin best ever too. Perfect.

Edited by buckowski