Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

I'm going to give customers the team is come kinda of bottle, then have sweetener (liquid simple syrup) in a small bottle and Lemon Juice in another if they ordered Iced Lemon Tea, you get a glass with Ice in it and mix as desired. 

I'll have to see about serving bread with every meal, I know Southern BBQ's do this ... I'm just not sure what its gonna look like on the plate, again I understand BBQ isn't fancy food and served on what I think of as school dinner or prison trays in some places  (kinda trays with segments for each thing like beans, slaw, brisket etc), but I will look at it. 

The Early Bird Special is kinda a Win/Win I thought, every customer order's a drink (usually 40-60 baht) so giving free Iced Tea or Iced Lemon Tea mean's they don't need one (I'd let people change it to water maybe even a soft drink), the Wing's again is more about adding value and if we are busy in the kitchen it buy's us a little time. From the economic's point of view, 6 Chicken Wings (199 baht) and an free Iced Tea would cost the business less then say giving 100 Baht of BBQ Ribs on a Thursday or 100 Baht off etc .. its just an idea for now, if I can add value rather then discounting that would be perfect. 

It's a creative idea to get more value early and it may well work to get the asses in the seats, but I still think most people attracted to early bird deals are mostly looking for a price break, rather than more food. More Cheap Charley than Hungry Charley.

The tea presentation sounds good.

I get what you mean about BBQ places often serving folksy style. Not necessarily prison plates. On paper is common too. 

Edited by Kreggerz

Here's a tricky question.

There are ribs on the Steak and Co. menu and now of course lots of ribs options on the BBQ joint menu.

Will the Steak and Co. ribs now come from the BBQ place?   :TMI1:

That's a tough one, basically no or I'd even consider pulling ribs from the Steak & Co menu. 

That's a tough one, basically no or I'd even consider pulling ribs from the Steak & Co menu. 

That's a funny answer. Maybe you could switch out the ribs there for rabbit.       :Circle_Sharks:  

If you're serious about wanting to fill daytime tables at Smokin' Joes, IMO you'd fill far more tables with the structure of Early Bird Deal that Steak & Co offer [ie one main per day at about 60% of full price], rather than the structure of EBD that you're discussing so far here [ie throwing in some ice tea and wings].  Could you at least have a one-main-at-about-60% one or two days a week?  I'm certainly meaning to visit Steak & Co daytime plenty of times to eat my way in turn through those daily mains at 60% of full price, but ice tea and wings do nothing at all for me.

• Like 1

If you're serious about wanting to fill daytime tables at Smokin' Joes, IMO you'd fill far more tables with the structure of Early Bird Deal that Steak & Co offer [ie one main per day at about 60% of full price], rather than the structure of EBD that you're discussing so far here [ie throwing in some ice tea and wings]. Could you at least have a one-main-at-about-60% one or two days a week? I'm certainly meaning to visit Steak & Co daytime plenty of times to eat my way in turn through those daily mains at 60% of full price, but ice tea and wings do nothing at all for me.

I'm a bit of a cheapo on my dining experiences, so maybe the daytime target SJ's is after(?)

I agree with sirl, thats i'm more motivated by price reduction than added value. Tea and wings would not be a big factor for me, i'm afraid (plus i don't like either, but thats beside the point).

If price slashing doesn't work from a business POV, then so be it.

The decor looks great [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a bit of a cheapo on my dining experiences, so maybe the daytime target SJ's is after(?)

I agree with sirl, thats i'm more motivated by price reduction than added value. Tea and wings would not be a big factor for me, i'm afraid (plus i don't like either, but thats beside the point).

If price slashing doesn't work from a business POV, then so be it.

The decor looks great [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heard you guys loud and clear ;-) Price reduction it is, its another Early Bird Special ...should be up and running in a few days, waiting on the sign to be installed. 

External Sign Smokin' Joe's BBQ 100x200cm.jpg

french fries , slaw extra ? :GoldenSmile1:

BTW i often go into Steak n Co when im in patts , and love the early bird but would also appreciate it if you extended the offer to 18.00 

probably the best steak in town !!! :hello09:

• Like 1

french fries , slaw extra ? :GoldenSmile1:

BTW i often go into steak n co when im in patts , and love the early bird but would also appreciate it if you extended the offer to 18.00 

probably the best steak in town !!! :hello09:

I'm as honest as I am fair  :GoldenSmile1:  What you get on the Early Bird Special or any specials I will ever run are identical to the full price option, in this case you get a choice of 2 side dishes as per the regular price. 

The problem with 18.00 pm for me is right now customer come in almost dead on 17.00 pm and that's fine, the waitresses are even instructed to accept Early Bird Special orders right up to 17.30 pm in case people are stuck in traffic etc .... then I want people to feel relaxed and enjoy their meal at leisure. Come 19.00 pm I'd like to have the restaurant back kinda thing, it gives the Chef's a little time too ... I'm just letting you know my logic behind the 17.00 pm cut off for Special and it's working in fairness. 

Edited by China Garden

The logic of wanting all your tables back in plenty of time for full-paying customers is absolutely fair, don't apologise for it.  Cheap Charlies know they sort of have a role, but they know their place is limited.  IMO it's better to structure the EBS so that all tables really are full in the middle of the day (ie be generous then), but be firm about the cut-off so that you boot the cheap bastards like me out in plenty of time for your real business.

Edited by SirL
  • Like 1

I'm as honest as I am fair  :GoldenSmile1:  What you get on the Early Bird Special or any specials I will ever run are identical to the full price option, in this case you get a choice of 2 side dishes as per the regular price. 

The problem with 18.00 pm for me is right now customer come in almost dead on 17.00 pm and that's fine, the waitresses are even instructed to accept Early Bird Special orders right up to 17.30 pm in case people are stuck in traffic etc .... then I want people to feel relaxed and enjoy their meal at leisure. Come 19.00 pm I'd like to have the restaurant back kinda thing, it gives the Chef's a little time too ... I'm just letting you know my logic behind the 17.00 pm cut off for Special and it's working in fairness. 

fair play , i understand fully now that its explained . so i wont turn away if its 17.15 !!!!! 

I can not wait to come back,unfortunately since I'll be there for a few months next trip I will not be staying upstairs but a condo within 15 minute walk so not to bad.

Good luck with SJs.

• Like 1

fair play , i understand fully now that its explained . so i wont turn away if its 17.15 !!!!! 

Nope 17.15 pm is fine :-) 

Look forward to seeing and reading about the rooms above Smokin Joes.

I've stayed many times at China Garden, but have drifted away recently for a few reasons.

Look forward to seeing and reading about the rooms above Smokin Joes.

I've stayed many times at China Garden, but have drifted away recently for a few reasons.

This is the new entrance, hotel guests can use their key card to enter Steak & Co room's (China Garden) or Smokin' Joe's room, on the first floor we are making an opening connecting the two building, all 18 rooms will then be accessible from either entrance.   The old China Garden reception window will still be open 24/7 but guests coming or leaving the rooms have the choice of either entrance, therefore wont have to pass the back of our kitchen at Steak & Co etc.

There will be someone at reception 24/7 for taking copies of ID's or late checkin's on the Steak & Co side (China Garden)  

door.jpg

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 1

Steak & Co 

A few weeks ago :GoldenSmile1:

STCO02.jpg

STCO03.jpg

STCO04.jpg

:SoWhat1:

:GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1::LOL2:

:GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1:

• Like 2

Steak & Co 

EB1.jpg

Sunday Wagyu Sirloin Steak 250G

TBH 595

STCO07sun.jpg

STCO08.jpg

STCO06.jpg

Heineken beer THB 110

STCO05.jpg

:GoldenSmile1::SoWhat1:

• Like 3

Steak & Co 

EB1.jpg

Wednesday  Wagyu Rump Steak 250G

TBH 445

STCO10we.jpg

Chocolate mousse

TBH 150

STCO09.jpg

:GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :SoWhat1:

• Like 2

Steak & Co 

EB1.jpg

Saturday   Black Angus Fillet Steak 200G

TBH 495

STCO11sat.jpg

:GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :SoWhat1:

I'm glad you like the Special, I'm gonna be taking off the BBQ Rib's and replace it with a Rib Eye !!! The Early Bird Specials will start at Smokin' Joe's tomorrow. 

Will you have you got an outside board for the Smokin' Joes EBS tomorrow?  I walked by yesterday and there was no SJ EBS board and a SJ serving lady in a violet shirt didn't seem to know anything about SJ EBSs.