IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Pulled Pork & Rib's ... we spending the next couple of week's testing rubs, temperatures, a selection of home-made BBQ sauces .... we should be open the last weekend in November.

15078548_1165160013554974_7257171040198372830_n.jpg

15085594_1165159920221650_8642157282558681406_n.jpg

15094438_1165159756888333_6539193194831987554_n.jpg

Can you share what your price levels will be? 

I hope they are closer to the moderate charges at Rich Man Poor Man for BBQ items, rather than very expensive like Steak and Co. 

Can you share what your price levels will be? 

I hope they are closer to the moderate charges at Rich Man Poor Man for BBQ items, rather than very expensive like Steak and Co. 

Kinda hard to say right now, it definitely will be more casual dining then Steak & Co and there will be Early Bird Specials like Steak & Co ....

Pork is naturally cheaper then Beef but there is the cost of smoking, the rub etc ...... we won't compromise on quality for the sake of a few baht here or there, most dishes will be in the 180-450 Baht price bracket.    

The other point to make is, I will not buy from my supplier any pork Rib's under 1.2 kilo and will buy up to 1.8 kilo per rack...... some restaurant will serve up 600-800g racks... largely bones. 

We have Packer Brisket coming in this week for testing... 

Edited by China Garden

OK, well good luck and hope most of us can afford to eat there.

Thanks for the good wishes, I will check the prices at Rich Man Poor Man. 

Edited by China Garden

Is Steak & Co going to be running its Early Bird Specials over Dec/Jan, ie one main per day at a bit more than half price before ?5pm ?  That's the Early Bird Specials board in the upper pic of #1731 isn't it?

Is Steak & Co going to be running its Early Bird Specials over Dec/Jan, ie one main per day at a bit more than half price before ?5pm ?  That's the Early Bird Specials board in the upper pic of #1731 isn't it?

Early Birds Specials at Steak & Co have been a great success for us, we will continue it all year round. We are probably going to replace the Pork Rib and Mussel's specials (the least popular) with another more attractive offer, perhaps even a Sunday Roast Beef dinner....  

• Like 3

I'll be crushing me some Steak and Co when I get there.

• Like 1

Few pictures of inside...

From the one photo, it looks like you are using a pellet smoker. I commend you on the choice as it will allow consistency with minimal training of the staff to produce a quality product.

Here is wishing you the very best on your newest restaurant!

• Like 1

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

Hey what the?

When's the rib place gonna be open?

From the one photo, it looks like you are using a pellet smoker. I commend you on the choice as it will allow consistency with minimal training of the staff to produce a quality product.

Here is wishing you the very best on your newest restaurant!

Well spotted sir, yes indeed it's a pellet smoker, easy to control and fanatic results, we add a little extra smoke with these tubes (it goes inside, we was just setting up.... we also plan on smoking our own bacon. It was a little dusty today as the central air was being installed in the dining room.

Hey what the?

When's the rib place gonna be open?

Around the 26th November

IMG_0991.jpg

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 1

Well spotted sir, yes indeed it's a pellet smoker, easy to control and fanatic results, we add a little extra smoke with these tubes (it goes inside, we was just setting up.... we also plan on smoking our own bacon. It was a little dusty today as the central air was being installed in the dining room.

Around the 26th November

Beauty.

• 3 weeks later...

We are having our soft opening on Saturday 3rd December from 17.00 pm - 23.00 pm,  for the first week we will only be open these time. Please bare in mind its all new Chef's and Service, we have done the training but hiccups are bound to happen. Jason the new manager get's his work-permit tomorrow and will be on-site to resolve any issues. Those with keen eyes might notice the Steak & Co table mats, Smokin' Joe's were delayed at the printers until Wednesday along with the French Fries paper. 

Thank you.

15192663_1618227985140899_2582780419429845862_n.jpg

15230542_1618227981807566_6711367677250926078_n.jpg

15230724_1618228008474230_8256309126693355472_n.jpg

15327427_1618228011807563_1209075792577738517_n.jpg

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 2

dec 1 019 (Custom).JPG

taken a bit earlier this afternoon...................but post 1741 says saturday 3rd

Edited by striderman

China Garden,

The team at Smokin' Joes has done extremely well to earn a Tripadvisor rating and green sticker in the window so very quickly, before you've even opened.  Could you explain how you achieved it?

(thanks striderman)

• Like 2

China Garden,

The team at Smokin' Joes has done extremely well to earn a Tripadvisor rating and green sticker in the window so very quickly, before you've even opened.  Could you explain how you achieved it?

(thanks striderman)

Larf.

Saw them deny instant potatogate on trip advisor.

Definitely will check this place out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

China Garden,

(thanks striderman)

Tthe sticker does not show any rating of excellent etc etc, it's simple a sticker showing the TripAdvisor logo to encourage people to leave review, our table mats and fridges will have them too... if thats OK.

Hopefully one day that sticker simple logo will change to "Recommended On Trip Advisor" or  Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellent" which would be a claim that needs backing up... Until then we are just happy to remind people that we appreciate their honest feedback.  

• Like 2

Any information regarding the rooms above?

The rooms are waiting on furniture, we are having it custom made and it will probably be ready mid January. We are opening the connecting wall between China Garden and Smokin' Joe's next week, this will allow China garden customers to come and go through the new entrance

Larf.

Saw them deny instant potatogate on trip advisor.

No denial needed, I think a clearer picture of the sticker would put the conspiracy theories to bed.

IMG_1381.PNG

Edited by China Garden

Best of luck on the new venture, nice to hear you won't sacrifice quality for a few baht. If the CCs don't like the price they can go to 7/11 down the road for chicken and rice.

• Like 3

The rooms are waiting on furniture, we are having it custom made and it will probably be ready mid January. We are opening the connecting wall between China Garden and Smokin' Joe's next week, this will allow China garden customers to come and go through the new entrance

Thanks for the reply. Will keep an eye open for pictures and prices for my March holiday.