IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Maybe instead of email they should use Instant potato Messenger!

I'll get my coat.

That post was a bit potatoless!.. :GoldenSmile1:

That post was a bit potatoless!.. :GoldenSmile1:

But we get the mashage

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Contact Info

China Garden Restaurant & Hotel

Moo 10 Soi Lengkee, Pattaya, Bang Lamung,

Chonburi, 20150

Phone: 

038 4250 01

+66 (0)83 886 9558

Email: [email protected]

Ian is usually pretty good at returning emails, make sure they are using the correct one, eh?

http://www.chinagardenpattaya.com/

edit, hey Ian, put the new restaurant on the site, lol!

Pretty funny.

Thread is a year and a half old and they still have the OLD Chinese restaurant on their site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  :rolleyes:  :wacko:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

• 2 weeks later...

Another great stay at China Garden. We opted for the regular room this time and it was really nice.

Ate at Steak & Co three times this trip and each meal was delicious. No complaints.

This day we had appetizers: Steamed mussels, wings, ceasar salad, and the crab and avocado dish. All very tasty.

uploadfromtaptalk1446164519075.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446164546915.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446164562430.jpg

This time we had the ribeye with peppercorn sauce, scalloped potatoes, mac and cheese, beef carpacio, and the TGF had a salad with Salmon. All cooked perfectly.

uploadfromtaptalk1446164693824.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446164712166.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446164726834.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446164745196.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446164772383.jpg

• 3 months later...

I had the pleasure of meeting up with BM's ontheedge and abonvivant at Steak and Co this trip.

Food was spot on,beer was cold and the service was exceptional.

Just a heads up to this place.

They are doing an extremely good job.The food is outstanding and the prices are reasonable.

I wish them all the luck they deserve and hope they continue on to be even more successful.

• Like 4

Looks like all is not well at Steak and Co. Apparently big changes coming.

Head chef left I heard. Nice guy, good luck to Him if it's true.

Head chef left I heard. Nice guy, good luck to Him if it's true.

Its not rocket science cooking a steak or the other stuff on their menu.Provided the product source is the same it would be difficult to fuck it up

Its not rocket science cooking a steak or the other stuff on their menu.Provided the product source is the same it would be difficult to fuck it up

Hmm...

Enjoyed my stay there....   Good staff, good rooms... Food downstairs was nice...  Yuri (?) I found him pretty helpful

Yet they and many others have in many various and impossible ways [emoji23]

I am still open to the idea of plates, my idea was to "serve" the steaks on the cast iron skills... purely presentation. Cooked on the grill, rested on the side then placed on the warm skillet for serving. But I am going to review it soon.... I do take advice & I thank you for helping me. 

Cheers,

Ian

The cast iron is gonna do terrible things to the knives!as a chef what they say is right about cooking and serving steaks,as a customer I want my food served on a hot round China plate please,

The cast iron is gonna do terrible things to the knives!as a chef what they say is right about cooking and serving steaks,as a customer I want my food served on a hot round China plate please,

Your about two years late. That post was from before they opened the restaurant.

I can be, depends whos cooking it.

Hey, that instant mash can be tricky stuff.

anyway , besides all that inhouse wrangling which should remain inhouse , whats the story with the quality of  the food going to be in three weeks when i am back ??

i have eaten there many times over the past 2 years and enjoyed each and every meal .

if i have a meal that proves unsatisfactory , will i get a credit ? or will i get the thai response .......... sorree please pay now and hope meal better next time ??

please respond to this query as i want to have an enjoyable experience throughout  my holiday .

thanks in advance

anyway , besides all that inhouse wrangling which should remain inhouse , whats the story with the quality of  the food going to be in three weeks when i am back ??

i have eaten there many times over the past 2 years and enjoyed each and every meal .

if i have a meal that proves unsatisfactory , will i get a credit ? or will i get the thai response .......... sorree please pay now and hope meal better next time ??

please respond to this query as i want to have an enjoyable experience throughout  my holiday .

thanks in advance

We have accepted Chef Gerry's resignation and replaced him with a new UK Chef starting Friday, he worked at Rick Steins in Cornwall, London and France..... Things will be back on track ! ... A speed bump which has left the building....  luckily Chef John was in Bangkok with his French girlfriend and we got him short notice!  

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 1