Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

3 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

De Gea was fantastic today, Ole got his tactics spot on. Martial, Rashford & Pogba are players reborn. We are attacking with pace & defending as a team. Great to see SAF with a big smile at the final whistle. After awful football of Moyes, Lvg & Jose it finally feels like Manchester Utd again. 

Played well especially first half but second half you were knackered. :GrinNod1:Goalkeeper did well but lets be honest most of the saves he did not have to move very far as they were right at him. But still you could say De Gea positioned himself well enough though.  :GoldenSmile1:

Makes a change for Manchester United to do Liverpool a good turn as this will rule out Spurs from challenging for the title. :Party3:If Kane is injured this will hit Spurs a lot as they have also now lost Son so could be forced to dip into ther transfer market?  :Clap8:

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn’t get a seat in my usual bar in LK so ended up watching the game in soi Diana. Brilliant, Martial Superb, Pogba dominating  & a clean sheet as well. Bring on PSG, we might not go through but at least we’ll give them a game. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hope they don’t wear out for this game with Arsenal on sunday...

Excellent win tonight for United well done to all the boys into last 8 now.

4 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

Hope they don’t wear out for this game with Arsenal on sunday...

But Arsenal still have to play in France tomorrow night to Rennes . Probably both of them will be worn out but no excuse , they are professionals footballers .  Can’t believe United had won tonight , the penalty !!! The defender didn’t mean it ,turn his back on Dalot shot , I think no way a penalty . 

34 minutes ago, jocky king said:

But Arsenal still have to play in France tomorrow night to Rennes . Probably both of them will be worn out but no excuse , they are professionals footballers .  Can’t believe United had won tonight , the penalty !!! The defender didn’t mean it ,turn his back on Dalot shot , I think no way a penalty . 

If the defender doesn’t turn his back and handles it’s deemed handball. Defenders will try this on ie, taking a big blocking stance but turning their back to protest “ball to hand” in the event of decisions like last nights.

Its still handball even if the defenders close their eyes. They can put their arms behind their backs or take a chance on giving away a penalty. 

Stunning win.  How's Rashford, 21 years old and never taken a penalty for United in a competitive match before. I'd be shitting my pants.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yep. Text book example of how to turn to 'pretend' you didn't know it was coming. If you want to get in front of a shot without a penalty, stay facing it and put your arms behind your back.

Taken after the PSG game, feel good factor is at an all time high right now. 

677332F0-E813-4F9D-960C-BE27B3B5C0BC.jpeg

• Like 2

GGMU!

what an incredible run we are on. Most fun I have had watching United since at least Ferguson’s last year.  “Ole is at the wheel...”

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 09/03/2019 at 07:45, Asiansarefun said:

GGMU!

what an incredible run we are on. Most fun I have had watching United since at least Ferguson’s last year.  “Ole is at the wheel...”

Yes and the wheels have certainly come off the truck now. Ole had just papered over the cracks and now you have found out how far behind the top four for you really are. :D

3 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Yes and the wheels have certainly come off the truck now. Ole had just papered over the cracks and now you have found out how far behind the top four for you really are. :D

Seriously its going to take a big rebuilding job to get Man utd back to what they were, they`re currently miles behind both Man city and Liverpool, although they`re a top six side a measure of how far they`ve fallen is the fact the 2nd worst team in premiership history held them to a draw on sunday, it was a game they needed to win and we halted any chance they had of qualifying for the champions league, although they could have won the game they could have easily lost it too.

They`ll come again thats for certain, just a question of when.

• Like 2

At this point in time, it's futile to look at the very top of the premiership. Should not even target top 4.                                                                                                    The target should be to have a performing season all through. Haven't had that since Sir Alex left. Time to focus on the process and not the results. Time to return to the basics.

• Like 2

................................................................................................................

Time for a cull, rip this god forsaken team apart & start again. Rashford & Mctominay aside I wouldn’t be terribly disappointed to see any of them shown the door. Too much ego & self obsession. Some of them seem more concerned with collecting twitter followers than silverware. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mick Pattaya said:

At this point in time, it's futile to look at the very top of the premiership. Should not even target top 4.                                                                                                    The target should be to have a performing season all through. Haven't had that since Sir Alex left. Time to focus on the process and not the results. Time to return to the basics.

Will take a long time to go back to where they won everything ... look at Liverpool , took them three decades to be back where their greats won everything in the seventies & eighties .  Very difficult moment for United football club as a whole .. I don’t think I will ever see United win the league or champion league in my lifetime . I have seen enough and be satisfied enough to witness the United Years including 1968 European cup ... United will have to be careful not to rush into things . Dismantling project will be the first in mind . No top players in the world will want to sign for them , they all want to play in the champion league , will be a difficult years ahead  ...  GGMU . 

• Thanks 1

What’s the best bar to watch Man United play in Pattaya?

Any of the S&M venues I presume - surely only a masochist would want to watch the current bunch... ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 people can't make a baby in one month

17 hours ago, singalong said:

Any of the S&M venues I presume - surely only a masochist would want to watch the current bunch... ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Painfully true!

On 08/05/2019 at 02:32, overseas516 said:

Lots of work to be done for sure, but really, those in front of us didn't play all that great down the stretch either. When it comes right down to it - if Manchester United had stepped up in just ONE game vs the Wolves and then beat Cardiff in this final (a game they had no business losing), they'd have been tied with Chelsea (#3) and in the #4 spot (based on Pt Dif).

They DIDN'T, so they deserve what they got. But my point is, many of the other Top 6 stumbled along the way too:

From March 17th on

Manchester United went  2-2-4 (lost half their remaining games)

Arsenal went 3-1-4 (lost half their remaining games)

Chelsea went 4-3-2 (won less than half their remaining 9 games)

Tottenham went 3-1-4 (lost half their remaining games)

On 09/05/2019 at 02:34, Asiansarefun said:

I liked to watch at Retox - good food too. Lots of TV's. ManU usually on one of the big TV's too.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2019 at 07:33, Baxidar ba said:

Time for a cull, rip this god forsaken team apart & start again. Rashford & Mctominay aside I wouldn’t be terribly disappointed to see any of them shown the door. Too much ego & self obsession. Some of them seem more concerned with collecting Twitter followers than silverware. 

I agree. 

Two things I noticed watching this team was how much SLOWER they are than other teams, how much more PUNY they are than other teams, how much less SKILLED they seemed than other teams, and at times... just how little MOTIVATED some of them seemed.

We need stronger, faster, better skilled, and highly motivated players. It's tougher to find these days because of how much money these guys get paid, but... there's young talent itching to play in this league. Free Agent signings are nice, but... this team needs an injection of new, young, HUNGRY talent.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/05/2019 at 13:11, Chuck in Bangkok said:

I agree. 

Two things I noticed watching this team was how much SLOWER they are than other teams, how much more PUNY they are than other teams, how much less SKILLED they seemed than other teams, and at times... just how little MOTIVATED some of them seemed.

We need stronger, faster, better skilled, and highly motivated players. It's tougher to find these days because of how much money these guys get paid, but... there's young talent itching to play in this league. Free Agent signings are nice, but... this team needs an injection of new, young, HUNGRY talent.

Agree with all of that mate.

At the moment we are in a right mess.

Last wish for this disastrous season....

....Come on you Spurs.