IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

Another security breach at Old Trafford after last season's fiasco.

Per the Manchester Evening News:

'Bosses at Manchester United are investigating after two fans managed to SLEEP overnight at Old Trafford .The two supporters, thought to be overseas students, had been taking part in an official tour of the Reds stadium on Friday when they managed to break free from the group - and hide out of sight. They then managed to remain undetected for the rest of the day, and slept out all night in the stadium. It is not known when or how the fans were detected on Saturday - as United were gearing up to face off against rivals Arsenal. However, it is understood that both were confronted and police called, although no action was taken. The club has admitted that the pair managed to give them the slip during the tour - but insist that it was not a major security blunder as both had undergone a full search before entering the building, including passing through a metal detector.'

Quite surprising really. Given the slow motion, sideways imitation of football the current and two previous regimes have dished out, I thought most MU supporters these days slept through the match and not before it.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if it will turn out to be a taxing afternoon for Mourhino.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Very funny the Everton fans singing "you're getting taxed in the morning"

Good one!

Fellaini is not popular on facebook this morning. Or any other time of day?

Sickener for liverpool yesterday, so this result eased a small amount of pain [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

There's no doubt he was offside but that goal was ridiculous from Mikki.

Great strike by Borini too for Sunderland.

We weren't great but we scored when it mattered.  12 from 12 and we are looking a lot better.

For those interested there is a prediction league on this site which starts on 14th January and runs until May 21st, the end of the season.  A correct result (win,loss or draw) gets you a point and each weeks entries get you a 3 point bonus.  It's completely free to take part and the winner will receive:

PL SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES

5000 baht - donated by Ben & Manny

Signed copy Brian Jacks Autobiography- donated by Ben

VIP Airport Lounge Pass - donated by Lloydies

1500 baht ST/LT - donated by Sleuth

Beats by Dr Dre Studio Headphones - donated by joethescot

There may be more prizes added before the start date.

If anyone is interested then please check this thread out:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/302035-scotties-premier-league-predictions-sweepstakes/page-22

Cheers

Edited by Drewbrogan

Well, that had shades of United of old.

We should have finished them off well before we did, but at least we got the win.  Great to see the waves and waves of attack to bring us level and then win it.

They look the best they have looked since Fergie left.

i do not favour man u but tonight they did deserve the win, and bugger all wrong with the disallowed goal

It was going great til you lot scored 2! [emoji39][emoji39]

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester United are releasing a commemorative DVD of those two hours they managed to get out of 6th place today.

Manchester United are releasing a commemorative DVD of those two hours they managed to get out of 6th place today.

They were lucky we kicked off at 5.30 or they wouldn't even of got a dvd.

Anyway davidge they will be safely back under their rocks by now.

PS....I can't be bothered to look back and check but when was the last time a manc used this thread.

Maybe the thread should be locked as they never use it, we can always chat on the Swansea thread.

As it's Valentines Day:

IMG_6442.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well another trophy for United. Mourinho wins some silverware in his first season and in less than six months he equals the dippers trophy haul for the past eleven seasons. Somebody said to me today "I think Klopp's bubble has burst." I was left wondering what bubble he meant? Yet again they will end up with sweet FA and they're now facing the prospect of slipping out of the top four this weekend. For all their gloating up until Christmas it's business as usual at Anfield.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Oh well another trophy for United. Mourinho wins some silverware in his first season and in less than six months he equals the dippers trophy haul for the past eleven seasons. Somebody said to me today "I think Klopp's bubble has burst." I was left wondering what bubble he meant? Yet again they will end up with sweet FA and they're now facing the prospect of slipping out of the top four this weekend. For all their gloating up until Christmas it's business as usual at Anfield.

Lets keep some perspective .....it was the efl cup. Yeh i would be happy if l'pool won it, but it isn't the champions league!

At the start of the season, when your lot were struggling, i think the fans were still booing the players lol.

One league cup for 150m spent.

If man utd don't qualify for the champions league I would guarantee the board will consider it a poor season.

Today the big swede was dirty & a bad result with the 1-1 draw with Bournemouth.

8 or 9 draws now & still in 6th but a big job it is a top 4 Finnish could be done but every chance they had to crash in to the top 4 they have lost or drawn.

Things are much better with Man Utd play this season but still a poor squad & so many new players will be needed come the summer as the mix & match that are still there after 3 managers still need to be cleared out & JM to have his own squad.

4 points away from top 4.

Why he played Rooney today was shocking he should have played one of the young lads like Marcus Rashford as Wayne has his brains blown out this season & looks old out of confidence & lost.

Today 3 points were needed & for most of the game Man Utd had to play against 10 men & still did not win the game.

IMO the penalty was a good save but a shit kick from the big Serbian Swedish 35 year old.

As much as Chelsea have won the prem the battle for the top 4 Finnish will be some great fight & the war in the bottom 8 looks interesting to the natural.

After Leicester's historic win of the Prem last season & there shit this season its nice to see them get back to winning ways & playing like last season again in the last 2 games.

They might have found the right man to do the job & the players appeared to call for him when the Thai owners made a good decision & wasted no more time with Ranneri & his lose of the dressing room.

Call me hard but I would of fucked Ranneri of one month before.

Palace might also be glad they got Big Sam in on time.

Jack.

Every time Ibrahimovic has a bad game his age is brought up, he's scored 22 goals in his 1st season in a new league with a much higher intensity than the french league which he's come from (& it's only the 1st week of march). He'll surely score 30+ this season, not too shabby for a 25yo never mind at 35.

Every time Ibrahimovic has a bad game his age is brought up, he's scored 22 goals in his 1st season in a new league with a much higher intensity than the french league which he's come from (& it's only the 1st week of march). He'll surely score 30+ this season, not too shabby for a 25yo never mind at 35.

Correct.......forget his age, he has been the outstanding player for Man U this season........by far.

Unfortunately he will miss a few games once they penalise him for the elbow incident and I think he may be sorely missed.

As for the incident itself no doubt deliberate but understandable he is going to be looking for a little retribution after the stamp

Watched the game in LK Metro yesterday, I've never been so miserable in such wonderful surroundings. It had the look of being one of those games, of which there have been quite a few this season. Top 4 is impossible to predict now outside of Chelsea, it's just so close to call, the only thing for certain is that 6 will not go into 4. I think Wenger could be under some intense pressure if after so long he finally fails to finish top 4.

• 2 weeks later...