Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

I'm off to the temple.  I may be some time....:Cry4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kansuwan said:

I'm off to the temple.  I may be some time....:Cry4:

Are you going to make merit as when girls go it is usually for a week? :P

Here are some of my thoughts during the game... towards the middle of the 2nd half I had to start getting ready for work:

Daniel James’ speed is going help make MU’s counter attack very exciting. 

Daniel James is going to make Rashford a Star. And maybe vice versa. 

The Pogba to Wan-Bissaka to Greenwood Goal was a thing of beauty. 

Mata is so slow and average. Looks out of his depth. He makes the idea of getting Gareth Bale on loan sound brilliant. 

Pogba got mugged the whole half, still played extremely well. Penalty kick just wide. Shot on goal just wide. 

Wan-Biassaka toyed with his defender all half. 

Nice to see so many shots on goal. MU on attack!

Romero great save. Another on a corner. 

Greenwood shows some skill on a miss and then Rashford shows him how it’s done with a skillful footwork score. 

Rashford on a break gives James (on a 50 yard sprint) a beauty of a pass, but he hits the far post. Can they be this exciting to watch all year long?

————

With Leeds bringing only 5 subs and MU fielding a completely different 11 in the second half, this could get ugly. 

Andreas Pereira hits a missle over the top of goal and then... a beauty of corner kick headed in by... Phil Jones??? First goal by him since 2014 (not counting last seasons own goal) and a somewhat rare MU corner kick score. 

Not even 10 minutes into the 2nd half, it’s clear Leeds are tired. 

Gomes shows some foot work in the box but his shot is wide near post. 

Martial needs some longer cleats, but scores on an easy PK. 

Nevermind reminding the young football players, remind the adults as well - never go to the ground as a defender in the penalty box. 

Ok, I'm done harping on Juan Mata - I see why the team loves him. He works hard... harder than anyone (he HAS to)... and understands what it means to play for a high profile club... AND he seems to have Paul Pogba motivated here suddenly... great teams start by individual team leaders inspiring others to perform even better...

David De Gea had a tough year last season, but I believe much of his problems stemmed from an anemic defense in front of him and an ever rotating lineup due to injuries. A new contract, stronger defense in front of him... I'm looking for a big year from him.

A big year Chuck? At £375,000 - a week he should be nigh on unbeatable. 

3 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

A big year Chuck? At £375,000 - a week he should be nigh on unbeatable. 

Well I hope so... especially if we get Maguire, he's got a heck of a defense in front of him...

Some thoughts on our first pre-season game vs a PL opponent - in Shanghai China against the Spurs. It's very humid there and they have a drink break half way through each half.

1st HALF

Daniel James intercepts a pass at midfield - on a 2 on 2 gives Martial a nice touch pass but his shot hits the inside far post! Pretty, but no score.

Man I hate that Dele.

McTominay showing some good physical play.

Watching Ashley Young on Harry Kane in our own corner leaves me with an uneasy feeling.

Andres is fired up and playing hard - he gives Martial a nice pass that somehow gets past the goalie to put MU up 1-0.

Andres ready to throw down with Harry Kane over D. James AGAIN getting hacked and then cheap shotted (this time by Sissoko). Kane got a bit of an edge in height. LOL.

MU is again controlling the pace and dominating the play, only this time its vs a Top Four candidate from the PL.

Kane kicks what would be a nice 30 yard Field Goal in the NFL.

MU actually playing some good defense in the first half here too, as the Spurs haven’t been able to put up much of anything.

This is without a doubt a faster, more aggressive, smarter, attacking, physical team than last year. I still say they need three more players to really make a run at the top but…

1/2 a minute into injury time in a PRESEASON game and D. James is still going at 110% after a missed shot, running back around behind the play to reintercept the ball.

2nd HALF

Other than Kane, Son is the player that worries me the most on the Tots, and sure enough he gets two shots on goal in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half.

Eric Bailley goes off with an injury… poor guy...he’s barely played in two seasons…

For the first time all game the defense looks indecisive, but still it’s a deflected goal that goes in for the Spurs at about the 67 minute. 1-1 Tie.

Rashford should get his share of chances this year.

Can anyone on this 2nd half team send a decent cross into the box??

Mata to Gomes, nice footwork, tough angle, GOAL! 2-1

We have some good, young talent on this team.

Rashford offsides on what could’ve been a third goal… but it doesn't matter as MU is able to play out a 2-1 win!

£80 mil bid made for Maguire, he was also left out of Leicester’s friendly last night, so a deal looking likely. 

Decent defender that Maguire is £80 mil is a lot of cash, compared to the £75 mil Liverpool payed for VVD who is arguably the best CB in the world right now. 

Hopefully he can live up to it. It'd really solidify our defense.

Hearing the Spurs are now trying to go after Bruno Fernandes...

Media reports tonight that it’s a done deal £85 mil the final price. So Leicester basically didn’t negotiate whatsoever as they wanted £85 from the start & they got it. 

Wow reports tonight that we’ve also paid £9.1 mil for a 16yo from Monaco called Hannibal Mejbri. Apparently Arsenal matched our offer but he’d already chose to come to Utd. 

Well  i think we have just witnessed the biggest con ever in the world of football. We have just seen the great man united having there pants pulled down in front of the world. Omg what has happened to them got to laugh. Turned over by top a little thailand gentleman. Big lesson out there if we can do it to man u . Chealsea. Man city. No ones safe. Just love our owners. I watched maugire nearly every game he played. We kept clean sheet when he was out. Just wait and see.hahaha.

1 hour ago, bolton69 said:

Well  i think we have just witnessed the biggest con ever in the world of football. We have just seen the great man united having there pants pulled down in front of the world. Omg what has happened to them got to laugh. Turned over by top a little thailand gentleman. Big lesson out there if we can do it to man u . Chealsea. Man city. No ones safe. Just love our owners. I watched maugire nearly every game he played. We kept clean sheet when he was out. Just wait and see.hahaha.

I bet your stand up routine is hilarious.

Not quite:

Match 2: Clean Sheet vs Wolverhampton - Maguire started and played 

Match 7: Clean Sheet vs Newcastle - Maguire started and played 

Match 11: Clean Sheet vs Cardiff City - Maguire started and played and INJURED

Match 12: Clean Sheet vs Burnley - Maguire was not active for the game 

Match 14: Clean Sheet vs Watford - Maguire was not active for the game 

Match 18: Clean Sheet vs Chelsea - Maguire started and played 

Match 21: Clean Sheet vs Everton - Maguire started and played 

Match 32: Clean Sheet vs Bournemouth - Maguire was not active for the game 

Match 36: Clean Sheet vs Arsenal - Maguire started and played 

Match 38: Clean Sheet vs Chelsea - Maguire started and played 

In games where Leicester City only gave up ONE goal:

Match 3: One Goal vs Southampton - Maguire started and played (and scored a goal!)

Match 6: One Goal vs Huddersfield Town - Maguire started and played

Match 10: One Goal vs West Ham United - Maguire started and played 

Match 13: One Goal vs Brighton & Hove Albion - Maguire was not active for the game 

Match 15: One Goal vs Fulham - Maguire was not active for the game 

Match 17: One Goal vs Crystal Palace - Maguire started and played 

Match 19: One Goal vs Manchester City - Maguire started and played 

Match 20: One Goal vs Cardiff City - Maguire started and played 

Match 24: One Goal vs Liverpool - Maguire started and played 

Match 25: One Goal vs Manchester United - Maguire started and played 

Match 28: One Goal vs Brighton & Hove Albion - Maguire started and played 

Match 30: One Goal vs Fulham - Maguire started and played 

Match 31: One Goal vs Burnley - Maguire started and played 

Match 33: One Goal vs Huddersfield Town - Maguire was not active for the game 

Match 34: One Goal vs Newcastle - Maguire started and played 

Match 37: One Goal vs Manchester City - Maguire started and played 

In fact, it looks to me like, after Maguire came back from injury (after the Match 16 loss to the Spurs), Leicester went on a streak of 16 of 22 games where they gave up one goal or less. In the games he was out, the team went 1-1-3.

Also, after giving up 2 goals to Powerhouse Liverpool in their first meeting, they held them to ONE goal in the second meeting and against mighty Manchester City, held them to ONE goal in each of their two matches. Maguire started and played in all four of those games.

:Dunno:

We'll see what happens, but I'm happy we have him!

Edited by Chuck in Bangkok

48 minutes ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

Not quite:

Match 3: One Goal vs Southampton - Maguire started and played (and scored a goal!)

Match 13: One Goal vs Brighton & Hove Albion - Maguire was not active for the game 

In fact, it looks to me like, after Maguire came back from injury (after the Match 16 loss to the Spurs), Leicester went on a streak of 16 of 22 games where they gave up one goal or less. In the games he was out, the team went 1-1-3.

Also, after giving up 2 goals to Powerhouse Liverpool in their first meeting, they held them to ONE goal in the second meeting and against mighty Manchester City, held them to ONE goal in each of their two matches. Maguire started and played in all four of those games.

You have got a good player but £80 million  that’s to much more like 50 million 

51 minutes ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

Not quite:

I said we kept a clean sheet when he was out? 

Manchester United have reportedly agreed an £85m fee with Leicester City for Harry Maguire.

Leicester may not be able to spend the money right away, though, with Scotland Yard keen to investigate them for daylight f*cking robbery.

9D994DB7-22DA-4E24-8AE3-854EE8B47A88.png

Not quite sure why Ole has had his pants pulled down, it’s not as though he’s paid out of his own pocket.

In fact I doubt any manager of a prem club has the slightest concern with how much a player costs. He simply gives his wish list to the chief exec (Woodward) who I then expect will go to try & get the go ahead from the Glaziers, which he obviously has. 

Price tag aside we’ve just signed England’s no 1 CB & at 26 Bang in his prime. The 2 questions really with a new big money signing is does he improve the team? &  Is he better than the current players in that position? & I don’t think there’s any doubt that the answer to both these questions is a resounding yes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Not quite sure why Ole has had his pants pulled down, it’s not as though he’s paid out of his own pocket.

In fact I doubt any manager of a prem club has the slightest concern with how much a player costs. He simply gives his wish list to the chief exec (Woodward) who I then expect will go to try & get the go ahead from the Glaziers, which he obviously has. 

Price tag aside we’ve just signed England’s no 1 CB & at 26 Bang in his prime. The 2 questions really with a new big money signing is does he improve the team? &  Is he better than the current players in that position? & I don’t think there’s any doubt that the answer to both these questions is a resounding yes. 

Absolutely..

And paired with Lindelof and Shaw on one side and Wan-Bisakka on the other, with De Gea in goal - this team has quickly shored up its defense, which was it's biggest weakness last year.

Now we just need one more Midfielder...

• Like 2

Media reports tonight that Utd & spurs in advanced talks regarding the transfer of Christian Eriksen for £50 mil. 

He’s only got a year left on his contract & as Real Madrid haven’t come in, it looks like Tottenham are prepared to do business. 

IMO Eriksen will be an excellent signing & as it looks like Pogba won’t be moving in this window & providing he doesn’t sulk our midfield is starting to at least resemble that of a side capable of challenging for the top 4. 

Eriksen deal seemingly off, as he’s supposedly turned us down as he’s waiting for Real to come in for him.

Everton apparently came in for Smalling but wanted him on a years loan which we’ve turned down.

Woodward seems set on bringing in another midfielder but the deadline window is fast approaching. 

So Lukaku is sold to Inter for £74mil. I’m not sure whether this is a good deal or not. 

I do wonder whether there is a lack of depth in quality strikers now? 

Sure Rashford is no1 but can he match the likes of Kane & Aguero & hit 25+ league goals? & what happens if he gets injured or suffers a lack of form?

What are the striking alternatives? Martial? Great potential, but we were saying that 3 years ago & unfortunately the potential has yet to be realised. 

Sanchez? A busted flush I’m afraid. He’s that 35yo former stunner still twirling round the pole at sapphire, vastly over hyped & overpaid with a huge ego & sense of self entitlement but unfortunately she’s just going through the motions now. 

Greenwood? Massive potential but you can’t expect a raw inexperienced 17yo to do the business every week in the premier league. 

Selling Lukaku May have been the right decision but surely an adequate replacement should have been secured 1st.