IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

20 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Just shows I know nothing, 2-1 win tonight & fully deserved. Pleased for Ole, it’s about time some of these players showed up for him & tonight they did, even Fred played well. 

A couple of good midfielders would make a huge difference....McTominay @ 22 years of age is going to be one hell of a player in a couple of seasons.....barring serious injury of course :ThumbUp6:

I am starting to wonder if Pogba will play again before the January window resumes.

................................................................................................................

Agreed @petermik McTominay is an outstanding prospect but we are desperately short in the CM area. 

We have to get at least 1 preferably experienced quality central midfielder in jan. 

@Mick Pattaya last I heard Pogba was sunning himself in Miami, god knows when or even if he will ever pull on a Utd shirt again. 

12 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Agreed @petermik McTominay is an outstanding prospect but we are desperately short in the CM area. 

We have to get at least 1 preferably experienced quality central midfielder in jan. 

@Mick Pattaya last I heard Pogba was sunning himself in Miami, god knows when or even if he will ever pull on a Utd shirt again. 

Pogba came back to Manchester friday last week and is training daily apparently according to local reports...as for his attitude/application or when he,s fit to play again I do not know but if he,s not 100% committed Ole will show him the door I,m sure   :GrinNod1:

Brilliant tonight, realistically City are too far behind Liverpool now anyway. 

Taking 6 points from spurs & City is a huge step forward, hopefully this won’t be another false dawn &  we can push on & maybe even pip Chelsea to 4th spot. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

Brilliant tonight, realistically City are too far behind Liverpool now anyway. 

Taking 6 points from spurs & City is a huge step forward, hopefully this won’t be another false dawn &  we can push on & maybe even pip Chelsea to 4th spot. 

Delight to watch 100%.

................................................................................................................

Great game! Well done united. Twice a year i’m a united fan ....when you play city

LFC thanks you for your services :WinkGrin1:

(that lighter throwing stuff is really bad. Felt bad for Fred)

Edited by taylor1975

1 hour ago, taylor1975 said:

Great game! Well done united. Twice a year i’m a united fan ....when you play city

LFC thanks you for your services :WinkGrin1:

(that lighter throwing stuff is really bad. Felt bad for Fred)

Honestly had the gap have been closer I’d have accepted a loss if it meant Liverpool not winning the league. 

But it’s a forgone conclusion now, City are too far behind & Leicester haven’t got the strength in depth to realistically stop your lot from winning the title. 

When it looks like it’s about to happen I’ll have a week off work sick (well will be pig sick) draw the curtains & dose up on sleeping pills. 

No papers, no TV & won’t log into PA. It’s been a longtime coming & your lot are clearly the best in the country. 

I should be magnanimous & accept you are deserved champions, But I just can’t do it. 

No I'm afraid Taylor bitter & resentful is the only way to go for me. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Even Lingard played better... what a great game to watch!

And just like that we're in the #5...

19 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Honestly had the gap have been closer I’d have accepted a loss if it meant Liverpool not winning the league. 

But it’s a forgone conclusion now, City are too far behind & Leicester haven’t got the strength in depth to realistically stop your lot from winning the title. 

When it looks like it’s about to happen I’ll have a week off work sick (well will be pig sick) draw the curtains & dose up on sleeping pills. 

No papers, no TV & won’t log into PA. It’s been a longtime coming & your lot are clearly the best in the country. 

I should be magnanimous & accept you are deserved champions, But I just can’t do it. 

No I'm afraid Taylor bitter & resentful is the only way to go for me. 

Better the scousers win their first league title in 30 years than citeh doing the hat trick.....think about it :WhoSaw1:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Better the scousers win their first league title in 30 years than citeh doing the hat trick.....think about it :WhoSaw1:

Rock and a hard place eh? :D

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Sorry mate, just can't bear to think about it.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, petermik said:

I thought about it, definitely rather City win it. The thought of the scousers lifting the prem trophy is too awful to contemplate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a PL mid season break in Feb 2020. Seems there is a staggered schedule over couple of weeks with only 5 games each over those two weekends.

2 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Is there a PL mid season break in Feb 2020. Seems there is a staggered schedule over couple of weeks with only 5 games each over those two weekends.

Yes.

They split the break so there’s still some games but each team gets 2 clear weeks.

4 games one weekend and 6 the following week.

• Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

Yes.

They split the break so there’s still some games but each team gets 2 clear weeks.

4 games one weekend and 6 the following week.

Ok, seems a reasonable approach, probably more helpful for teams involved in UEFA comps.

I’m feeling truly sick to my stomach today, but hard to pinpoint the exact reason. 

Could it be that lot being crowned world championships yesterday? 

Could it be the tin of quality streets I’ve polished off in the last couple of hours? 

Or could it be that we’ve just made Watford (the bottom team in the league) look more like Brazil.

With special mention to the worlds best keeper De Gea who evokes memories of Massimo Taibi with a truly awful fumble. 

• Haha 3

Sat with a bottle of vodka and then this 

:sad::sad:  :Crazy1::NoNo3:

I look at this Man Utd side and struggle to see any leaders on the pitch. Some talented youngsters, yes, but still look 4 or 5 players short even after all the money spent in recent years. They need to buy some players with real character and passion.

This weekends’ football ..........its as if xmas has come a few days early lol

Looking forward to MOTD2. Hopefully danny murphy does your analysis :o

Lingard should be done. No Premiere League goals in the last 364 days... that's just insane. 

Seriously, in January, I would unload Lingard, Phil Jones, Mata, Matic, Ashley Young, ALL DEAD WEIGHT, and sign:

Erling Haaland or Timo Werner (Stop f**king around and go GET them) or BOTH for upfront (or Moussa Dembele from Lyon or Alexsandr Sobolev from Russia) It'd be great to get Jack Grealish, I just think he'll want too much money.

NO on Bale and Mandzukic

Sign BOTH Bruno Fernandez and Christien Eriksen for the Midfield (or Nicolo Zaniolo from Roma). WHY United don't seem to want Fernandez is BEYOND me. I've been watching this guy - he's not injury prone, he plays every game, and all he does is make plays. 

and go GET Kalidou Koulibaly. YES, it'll be expensive, but YES, it'll make our defense GREAT.

Spend the money and let's stop this nonsense.

Ok, end of rant.

I have really forgotten his name, how insignificant is he, the CEO of Utd, something Woodward!!!!, please fuc***g resign and let someone else take over the scouting and signings.

People get sacked and he doesn't:NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3:

2 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

I have really forgotten his name, how insignificant is he, the CEO of Utd, something Woodward!!!!, please fuc***g resign and let someone else take over the scouting and signings.

People get sacked and he doesn't:NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3::NoNo3:

The owners are making a lot of money from the commercial side of the club. That’s all they care about. It’s why Ed Woodward keeps his job despite being absolutely useless at the footballing side.

Woodward is a joke.

BUT, the signings the team made this summer, under Ole's guidance, were all an upgrade over what we had previously.

Maguire, and Wan-Bissaka are better defensively than anyone we had, and Daniel James, if we had a true attacking midfielder, could be even more of a threat. I'd take him over Mata or Lingard any day.

I just hope they can sign some players in January... or its going to be a long season into summer....