Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

On 12/08/2019 at 23:24, Eric Le Roi said:

Glad you're enjoying it.

MUFC   Hated, adored never ignored.

Your Premier league ambitions for this season are now safely ignored.  :GrinNod1:

27 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Last season City beat Chelsea at home, drew with Wolves away, lost to Palace at home and won the league. It's an omen.

We are talking Manchester United NOT Manchester City so keep on dreaming.  :GrinNod1:

4 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

We are talking Manchester United NOT Manchester City so keep on dreaming.  :GrinNod1:

Correct, greatest club in the world, won the premier league 13 times (soon to be 14).

Do you think City will ever equal that record? Nah, keep on dreaming.

Edited by petemoss

31 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Correct, greatest club in the world, won the premier league 13 times (soon to be 14).

Do you think City will ever equal that record? Nah, keep on dreaming.

I think it is you doing the dreaming or you have obviously been on the sauce already very early today. :P

7 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

I think it is you doing the dreaming or you have obviously been on the sauce already very early today. :P

13 times. Jealousy sucks, eh?

And of course we're going to have enthusiasm, it's a new year. And it's not over yet. There's a lot to be concerned about for sure, but it's not over yet.

1 minute ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

13 times. Jealousy sucks, eh?

Not at all. The post was about the current Premier League season not about the past! I know you have nothing to cheer about these last few seasons and by the look of it a few more seasons coming in the wilderness with regards to trophies.  :GrinNod1:

11 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Not at all. The post was about the current Premier League season not about the past!

Yes, but we're well aware you had to sit through 13 seasons of your team sucking, while we hosted the trophy. How else can it explain the need to go into the thread of a team you don't follow?

Yawn.

I know you have nothing to cheer about these last few seasons..

Not sure if you follow English football, but we finished 2nd in 2017-18, won the Europa League title, The Community Shield, and the EFL Cup.

and by the look of it a few more seasons coming in the wilderness with regards to trophies.  :GrinNod1:

I know the pain of sitting through those 13 titles we've won certainly makes you hope so.

9 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Well it's certainly all Liverpool can do. How many times have you won the Premier League? Is it more than none? 555

Edited by petemoss
  • Like 1

I unfortunately stand by what I said at the start of the season that Ole had to hit the ground running. It seems that the same old problems still exist. 

Also although it’s early the  PL as witnessed by Palace & Newcastle wins is getting more competitive.

With the influx of TV cash, Teams from the lower half able to mix it with all but the top 2 it seems. 

If things don’t improve it’s hard to see Ole seeing out the season. 

• Like 1

I'll support Ole to the end, but here's an interesting perspective: Over the last 17 games (spanning last season), outside of Man City and Liverpool (who you'd expect), Crystal Palace has the best record of anyone. Surprising, but, not still disappointing.

What's worrisome for us, at #10 and 7-4-6 (Jose was 7-5-5 when he got sacked), is that after we play Southampton on the road (where we seem to play better), we face Leicester City (#7 also at 7-4-6) and West Ham United (#9 also at 7-4-6), before having to face a revamped Arsenal - then Newcastle United (#11 at 7-3-7) before Liverpool.

Maybe we'll get a break on October 27th vs Norwich City, but... in the state we're in, those are all going to be highly competitive games. We could easily be 3-2-4 or worse by then...

If the team was all under 23 year olds (with our back line defense the same), I could live with that. Rebuilding. But Rashford, Martial, LINGARD... these are guys Ole has put his faith in building around...

IMG_7774.jpg

Say what you want about Jose (and people DO), he got more out of this rag tag bunch than anyone else has.

Jose was 7-5-5 in his last 17 games.

That included a home loss to the Spurs (who’d finish in 4th), and away losses to Manchester City and Liverpool. It also included a tie at home vs Arsenal and a tie away at Chelsea. And a home tie with the Wolves, who seem to have our number regardless.

Jose was 7-5-5 in his last 17 games. With a TOUGH schedule.

Ole is 7-4-6 in his last 17 games. With a HOME tie and a loss vs Liverpool and Manchester City, and an away loss with Arsenal. NOT as tough a schedule.

With Jose we DID finish 2017-18 with wins against Manchester City away, and home victories over Liverpool, Arsenal, and Chelsea.

We finished in 2nd place with Jose, something no one else in these last six years has even come close to. We won Cups under Jose.

And we did it with teams consisting of Matic, Smalling, Young, Mata, Jones…

Ole was 2-2-5 in the last nine games last year and 0-2-3 in the last 5 games of last year with only 2 goals scored.

In our last 8 games now with Ole over the last two seasons, we are 1-3-4 with a 2018-19 tie with 20th place Huddersfield Town, a HOME LOSS to 18th place Cardiff City, and a HOME LOSS to Crystal Palace at Old Trafford, a place they’d never won at.

The honeymoon is WAY over.

Lingard needs to sit. Let’s go with youth and put Gomes in. It’s a rebuilding season, so let’s rebuild.

Martial may miss a few games. If they play Mata as a starter, I’m done with Ole. This is a rebuilding year - start rebuilding - it should be Mason Greenwood playing and learning.

Greenwood

Rashford - Pereira

Gomes - Pogba

McTominay

Wan-Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Dalot (if Shaw can’t go)

DeGea

James Garner for McTominay in 2nd half

Tuanzebe for Dalot in 2nd half

Chong for Pereira in the 2nd half

You’re going to suck it any way, let’s build a new team around who can actually play.

5 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Don't forget to tune in at 6pm for the champions league draw :GrinNod1::GrinNod1:

That is all they can do is tune in as looking at their current form will struggle to get into the Europa league also for next year.  :P

Jones, Darmian & Rojo still on the books yet we send Smalling out on loan for the season.

At least Sanchez has gone but I do wonder how much we are still paying him as there is no way Inter are covering his £500000 pw wages. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mata and Matic have been horrible.

We only scored one goal Thursday, but the team of youngsters (and Fred), consistently were able to attack and get shots on goal.

Today's team just looked completely inept.

It's not hard to figure out our starting 11 (with Pogba, Shaw, Martial out) should be:

Rashford

James - Greenwood - Gomes (with Chong, Lingard as subs)

McTominay - Fred (with Garner, Pereira as subs)

wan-Bissaka - Lindeloff - McGuire - Dalot (with Tuanzebe, Young as subs)

DeGea (with Romero as Sub)

15 minutes ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

Today's team just looked completely inept.

Looking like a very long season for you. :P 

At the way you are playing you will struggle to get even qualify for the Europa league this season. :P

Another 800 million on players and four more transfer windows might get you in the top four but that is in the long and distant future. :Laugh1:

• Sad 1

Suffering from the Pattaya blues (been home a week) I thought I’d cheer myself with today’s game. 

Wish I hadn’t bothered now, completely inept performance. Without Pogba we are looking like a mid table side. 

1 hour ago, Baxidar ba said:

Without Pogba we are looking like a mid table side. 

Well at least that is an improvement.

• Haha 1

On 27/09/2019 at 10:02, iddqd said:

Anyone know good bars who show united matches in patong and pattaya?

Don’t know about Patong, but in Pattaya just take a stroll around LK Metro & Buakho. All the bars around there should be showing the game. 

1 minute ago, Baxidar ba said:

Don’t know about Patong, but in Pattaya just take a stroll around LK Metro & Buakho. All the bars around there should be showing the game. 

Thanks mate!

I love Ole & I’m not saying he should be sacked but he needs to find a way to motivate this sorry bunch & quick. A loss at home to Arsenal after last weeks surrender to the hammers will not be good. 

Listening to a radio show today & a good point was made that this is not Ole’s team. He’s only signed 3 players Wan Bissaka, Maguire & James. 

Both defenders have been decent (& so they should at a combined £130 mil) & James has arguably been our best player so far.