IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

Did you guys enjoy your Saturday night football? [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]de8f09d74a8678de69f81fffe155a9c4.gif

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9 people can't make a baby in one month

• 1 month later...

Daniel James is everything the club needs - fast, strong, young and on the verge of greatness. He’s going to make Juan Mata look like he’s standing still. 

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is again everything the club needs - young, strong, freakishly talented and again just on the verge of great success. Two superb signings to start off.  

Ah yes, the start of training camp and exhibition games...

MU lost to Cardiff, but it was interesting to see 17 year old Mason Greenwood almost score a hat trick! As it is he ended up with ZERO, but... he had three shots that could've... the kid looked pretty good. 

We out did them in almost every statistical category except one: goals scored.

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.23.55 AM.png

8 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

We out did them in almost every statistical category except one: goals scored.

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.23.55 AM.png

And in football thats the only statistic that counts....goals, teams can dominate games and end up losing, and some teams have to defend virtually all game but get the one chance and take it, thats football, it can be a cruel game at times.

Of course. 

It's exhibition... not going to get too worried - but they need to hurry and address a few things...

Lukaku and Pogba obviously neither one wants to be there anymore... wondering if the Maguire, Longstaff, and Fernandes deals are going to happen...

I personally hope Manchester United get to keep Pogba and Lukaku as nothing like upsetting the moral within the team. :P

45 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

I personally hope Manchester United get to keep Pogba and Lukaku as nothing like upsetting the moral within the team. :P

I'd love to have Pogba on his A game all year long... I just don't think he wants to be here anymore.

1 hour ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

I'd love to have Pogba on his A game all year long... I just don't think he wants to be here anymore.

Unfortunately how often is he on his A game? What the fans want is someone who will give his all for his team in 90 minutes and that is definitely not Pogba. 

I’ve got a terrible feeling about this upcoming season. It was obvious at the end of last season that several players needed to be shipped out ASAP Including princess Pogba. 

Whether simply not good enough, desperate to leave or happy to sit on 500K a week & barely work up a sweat. The likes of Pogba & Sanchez will be toxic in the dressing room. 

I agree Ole is doing the right thing in going for young hungry players but I don’t think it will be enough. Ole is & always will be a legend at Utd but I’ll be astonished if he makes it to the end of the season. 

• Like 1

My sentiments exactly Mr BB.

The clubs rotten to the core and we're in for a rough ride.

LUHG

Daniel James is going to be great and he's going to hopefully help make Rashford a star.

Wan-Bissaka is going to be a beast.

The Harry Maguire deal is 95% done (word is it's announced tomorrow) - he strengths our defense immediately...

Lets' go get Bruno Fernandes now! With Longstaff and Fernandes added, Pogba can really open up and be a star for us!

Eat away at that rotten core and bring in fresh talent!

THIS is the lineup I want to see:

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.46.57a AM copy.png

1 hour ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

Daniel James is going to be great and he's going to hopefully help make Rashford a star.

Wan-Bissaka is going to be a beast.

The Harry Maguire deal is 95% done (word is it's announced tomorrow) - he strengths our defense immediately...

Lets' go get Bruno Fernandes now! With Longstaff and Fernandes added, Pogba can really open up and be a star for us!

Eat away at that rotten core and bring in fresh talent!

THIS is the lineup I want to see:

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.46.57a AM copy.png

Rashford needs to be upping his goals quite a bit. Only 10 in 33 games.

not like he's got sadio mane (22 goals in 36 games, wow) or the egyptian king either side of him either.

Seems a tough ask. But i bet he likes £200k a week though. Holy shit!

Media suggesting The Maguire deal is indeed almost done. Longstaff I don’t see happening not at Newcastle’s price.

I like your optimism Chuck but Pogba needs a major attitude adjustment, I just think it’s better him, Sanchez, Lukaku, De Gea & anyone else who doesn’t want to play for us is better off gone.

I know wanting rid De Gea might sound crazy as he’s been our best player for years but I for one am sick of the constant batting of eyelashes at Real Madrid every summer. 

Not trying to sound pessimistic but realistically we are a long way from challenging City or Liverpool, I love Ole but tactically can he really take on Pep or Klopp? 

The Maguire price makes van Dyke look like a bargain.

7 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Rashford needs to be upping his goals quite a bit. Only 10 in 33 games.

not like he's got sadio mane (22 goals in 36 games, wow) or the egyptian king either side of him either.

Seems a tough ask. But i bet he likes £200k a week though. Holy shit!

Rashford only started 11 games last year though he played in nearly all of them - he's going to really going to have to step up this year. If I was him I'd beg to not be paired with slow poke Mata. 

6 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Media suggesting The Maguire deal is indeed almost done. Longstaff I don’t see happening not at Newcastle’s price.

I like your optimism Chuck but Pogba needs a major attitude adjustment, I just think it’s better him, Sanchez, Lukaku, De Gea & anyone else who doesn’t want to play for us is better off gone.

I know wanting rid De Gea might sound crazy as he’s been our best player for years but I for one am sick of the constant batting of eyelashes at Real Madrid every summer. 

Not trying to sound pessimistic but realistically we are a long way from challenging City or Liverpool, I love Ole but tactically can he really take on Pep or Klopp? 

I think Pogba will be ok with proper help along that other side of the field. It'll take focus off of him and he could become a really powerful player for us. 

Sanchez and Lukaku need to go - they just don't fit in the type of player they are - but De Gea will also be revitalized by some real help in front of him. 

Manchester United just can NOT stop once they get Maguire - this team still needs a few more pieces. We have some young talent already there too with James Garner and Mason Greenwood. And Tuanzabe.

I just want to see a lot less of Juan Mata and Ashley Young and Phil Jones and Chris Smalling and...

8 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

De Gea will also be revitalized by some real help in front of him

...£400 grand a week!

he's class, despite some recent hiccups. Being a liverpool supporter, i would love to see united loose him. Looks like he's staying though. You american chuck? ...I live in manchester, which is a shame lol

29 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

...£400 grand a week!

he's class, despite some recent hiccups. Being a liverpool supporter, i would love to see united loose him. Looks like he's staying though. You american chuck? ...I live in manchester, which is a shame lol

Yes, American, though I now like to refer to myself as a citizen of the world! :D

6 minutes ago, Hispano said:

Hey ManU fans, lets make a Real deal

Gareth Bale + 80 million euro for Pogba 

Done? :D

I like Bale, and at 29 he has some years left... he'd certainly be a great replacement for Mata. Maybe he could alternate starts/finishes with Martial, though if he stays healthy, he'd be the main starter. And anyone who's played a few years under Zidane is going to be worthy...

But Pogba is tough to replace if he plays up to his ability. And I think if they make the moves they're talking about, and build a team around him... the guy can have a monster season for us.

Ultimately I think MU have made the decision they're going to keep Pogba this year, those it's certainly an interesting trade!

I know people are critical of some of these players and what seems like an attitude, but let's face it - this Manchester United team has been run inadequately for a few years and I can see why players would get frustrated. If I was a World Cup Champion or a goal keeper as good as De Gea, and had to play along side some of the people we've had on this team, I'd want to go to a club that seems to know what its doing as well. 

Paris SG, Real Madrid, Juventus... these teams compete every year because they continuously get the best players they can, the best coaches they can and get rid of what doesn't work... my god, Barcelona is already a monster and look what they're doing this summer! It's scary!

They don't run their team like bankers (as MU does), they run it like a football team - they get the players they need. 

3 minutes ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

I know people are critical of some of these players and what seems like an attitude, but let's face it - this Manchester United team has been run inadequately for a few years and I can see why players would get frustrated. If I was a World Cup Champion or a goal keeper as good as De Gea, and had to play along side some of the people we've had on this team, I'd want to go to a club that seems to know what its doing as well. 

Paris SG, Real Madrid, Juventus... these teams compete every year because they continuously get the best players they can, the best coaches they can and get rid of what doesn't work... my god, Barcelona is already a monster and look what they're doing this summer! It's scary!

They don't run their team like bankers (as MU does), they run it like a football team - they get the players they need. 

Problem with Barcelona is that they're quite depending on Messi for everything, as still in Real Madrid we are still figuring out how's life without Cristiano Ronaldo... and waiting for the opportunity to sign Kylian Mbappe in the next 2 years

8 hours ago, Hispano said:

Problem with Barcelona is that they're quite depending on Messi for everything, as still in Real Madrid we are still figuring out how's life without Cristiano Ronaldo... and waiting for the opportunity to sign Kylian Mbappe in the next 2 years

Mbappe's awesome