IGNORED

Arsenal Thread..

papa_soda

So our football is boring??????...OK you started with a falshood so you have no credibilty in anything further you say as all you are doing is airing your painful inadequacy and envy as a fan supporting an inferior team...Any footballing fan worth their salt cannot call Arsenal's football boring, many other things, but boring? no way..Man U and Arsenal are playing some of the best football in the premiership, that is a statement of fact

Hands up...yes you play great football, it was a joke designed to get that response, all real football fans admire scummers football these days.Now , how about some credit for our transformation?

Only through the vortex of our deepest fear can we see with true clarity.

19th Truth.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaco2

• Mavrick

• onourway

• papa_soda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hands up...yes you play great football, it was a joke designed to get that response, all real football fans admire scummers football these days.Now , how about some credit for our transformation?

19th Truth.

Never said Spurs were boring mate, because that is not true, they have a history of playing stylish and attractive football that I would be foolish to deny. They played that way under Jol as they have under numerous managers including Ramos. You played your hearts out against a strong Chelsea side so fair dues on winning the Carling cup and nobody could argue against you being the superior side on the day, but I add the caveat, Arsenal, as well as Chelsea, are the London teams best suited for long term success, this applies all the more to Arsenal due to the standard of football we play at this developmental stage in what is the most youthful squad probably in Europe. Spurs may be a force to be reckoned with and will get results against the bigger teams, but I doubt that they will do this consistently enough to gain a top 4 position even in the long term.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Never said Spurs were boring mate, because that is not true, they have a history of playing stylish and attractive football that I would be foolish to deny. They played that way under Jol as they have under numerous managers including Ramos. You played your hearts out against a strong Chelsea side so fair dues on winning the Carling cup and nobody could argue against you being the superior side on the day, but I add the caveat, Arsenal, as well as Chelsea, are the London teams best suited for long term success, this applies all the more to Arsenal due to the standard of football we play at this developmental stage in what is the most youthful squad probably in Europe. Spurs may be a force to be reckoned with and will get results against the bigger teams, but I doubt that they will do this consistently enough to gain a top 4 position even in the long term.

AC - you're too generous mate! Spurs have been underachieving for years and everyone (at least everyone outside of White Hart Lane) knows that. Attractive football? Not really until this season - the great Spurs Cup sides of the 60s 70s and 80s are a long and distant memory. A new dawn? Then let's see them qualify for the Champions' League or win the title, then let's talk! I'm enjoying them crowing for the moment so don't spoil it for when the bubble bursts!!!

For me, Aston Villa and Everton are the most likely teams to break into the top 4 at the moment. Everton especially. Villa will be a tough proposition for us to beat and could turn us over if we don't react the right way from the Birmingham game.

Fair Comment.obviously i disagree about not gettimg a top 4, I think we need a new stadium though to really achieve. In Pattaya on saturday, maybe carry on discussion over a beer, if you are there.

19th Truth

Fair Comment.obviously i disagree about not gettimg a top 4, I think we need a new stadium though to really achieve. In Pattaya on saturday, maybe carry on discussion over a beer, if you are there.

19th Truth

Would love to chat with you over a beer mate, but sadly I don't get back until the 24th April. Have a great trip fella and I look forward to hearing your stories when you get back to Blighty..

Take care my Spud Bud :P Have a great trip.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?

ALLEY

Big game Saturday against Aston Villa.here are a few match facts about Saturdays game taken from the BBC Sports site.

BIG-MATCH FACTS

The title contenders against the European chasers.

This match pits two of the Premier League's three highest scorers against each other.

Arsenal look for the victory that will not only increase the longest current unbeaten run in the Premier League to 12 games, but also maintain the three-point cushion between themselves at the top of the table and second placed Manchester United.

Villa, just three points outside the top four, are hunting a 25th Premier League victory under Martin O'Neill, who will be 56 on match day. They are also on the longest continuous scoring run in the highest league of 22 matches.

Aston Villa were the first ever visitors for a Premier League fixture to the Emirates Stadium in August 2006. The game was drawn and Arsenal have lost only one of 33 since (against West Ham), and know victory over the Midlanders here will give them a fifth double of the season.

The Villans are yet to win in London this season. Two of their three visits were 4-4 draws (at Spurs and Chelsea). Defeat would be the clubs' 200th in Premier League history.

Arsenal are unbeaten in 18 Premier League matches against Villa. They have won 13 and drawn five since Villa prevailed by the odd goal in five at Villa Park on 13 December 1998.

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Big game Saturday against Aston Villa.here are a few match facts about Saturdays game taken from the BBC Sports site.

BIG-MATCH FACTS

The title contenders against the European chasers.

This match pits two of the Premier League's three highest scorers against each other.

Arsenal look for the victory that will not only increase the longest current unbeaten run in the Premier League to 12 games, but also maintain the three-point cushion between themselves at the top of the table and second placed Manchester United.

Villa, just three points outside the top four, are hunting a 25th Premier League victory under Martin O'Neill, who will be 56 on match day. They are also on the longest continuous scoring run in the highest league of 22 matches.

Aston Villa were the first ever visitors for a Premier League fixture to the Emirates Stadium in August 2006. The game was drawn and Arsenal have lost only one of 33 since (against West Ham), and know victory over the Midlanders here will give them a fifth double of the season.

The Villans are yet to win in London this season. Two of their three visits were 4-4 draws (at Spurs and Chelsea). Defeat would be the clubs' 200th in Premier League history.

Arsenal are unbeaten in 18 Premier League matches against Villa. They have won 13 and drawn five since Villa prevailed by the odd goal in five at Villa Park on 13 December 1998.

I think that Villa will be a tough cookie to crack for us, Kenshi. If we get away with a 1-1 or 2-2

draw, I'd be happy with that. Villa are flying at the moment. Any predictions from you?

I think that Villa will be a tough cookie to crack for us, Kenshi. If we get away with a 1-1 or 2-2

draw, I'd be happy with that. Villa are flying at the moment. Any predictions from you?

Ganna be a very hard game but i think we will just sneak it 2-1.

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Gooners where lucky with the draw yesterday against Villa

You lack squad depth which is the one thing that will cost you (again) Senderos still performing like a muppet :D

Still a very close race between you & Manu and with away games against Manu & Chelsea, the Prem is far from over :P

Just wondering if the 4-0 drubbing was still on the players minds :)

Any of you guys feeling confident against Milan this week? :)

Gooners where lucky with the draw yesterday against Villa

You lack squad depth which is the one thing that will cost you (again) Senderos still performing like a muppet :Party1:

Still a very close race between you & Manu and with away games against Manu & Chelsea, the Prem is far from over :D

Just wondering if the 4-0 drubbing was still on the players minds :P

Any of you guys feeling confident against Milan this week? :)

Would have been a disaster losing that game yesterday, getting the 1 point at such a late stage in the game was like a victory.

Im confident the team are now focused on the Milan game & i believe there will be an up-set.

The league going all the way to the final week i recon & as ive always said 3 horse race.

Would have helped with bringing in at least a couple of players in the transfer window but with RVP coming back soon it will be like a new signing.He could make the difference.

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Man United win cranks up pressure on Arsenal !!!

Edited by Mavrick

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Man United win cranks up pressure on Arsenal !!!

Bigger fish to fry this week Mav! Normal service will be resumed so I wouldn't spend too much time designing avatars on photoshop yet.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Oh dear we seem to have hit a wall and with a heavily depleted squad, things will not get easier from here on. Man U and Chelsea have a squad surplus, so seem to be in a better position. If we win the Premiership from this position then that will certainly be one of the greatest achievements in recent years...Cannot say that about Man U or Chelsea as the winner was expected to come from either of these two..

ALLEY

Oh dear we seem to have hit a wall and with a heavily depleted squad, things will not get easier from here on. Man U and Chelsea have a squad surplus, so seem to be in a better position. If we win the Premiership from this position then that will certainly be one of the greatest achievements in recent years...Cannot say that about Man U or Chelsea as the winner was expected to come from either of these two..

Just wondering how Gooners fans feel about Arse's trasnfer dealings surplus... your squad has little depth & you make a profit... maybe some investment in squad players for times like these?? :P

Just wondering how Gooners fans feel about Arse's trasnfer dealings surplus... your squad has little depth & you make a profit... maybe some investment in squad players for times like these?? :rolleyes:

Yes, Arsenal and Chelsea have taken very different paths over the past 5 or 6 years when it comes to transfers. I think Wenger did have to tighten his belt a bit in the run-up to moving to the Emirates stadium. Personally I would like to see him spend a bit now but I trust his judgment when it comes to who to buy. One thing I like about Wenger is that he isn't easily distracted by the high profile players, he just looks for the best man for the job.

Anyway, it is probably too late for us to try to buy the Premiereship this season. I think that we will straighten up after this little wobble and look forward to an interesting run in to the title.

Just wondering how Gooners fans feel about Arse's trasnfer dealings surplus... your squad has little depth & you make a profit... maybe some investment in squad players for times like these?? :rolleyes:

Mmm fair point mate.... In hindsight, perhaps it might be that we should have delved into the transfer market, especially being aware of the African Nations and that Van Persie was carrying a variety of injuries into the New Year....and I am aware that crowing about profits in a season of zero silverware still adds up to a bad season..Nobody remembers the profits...It is a matter of balancing the belief in your players and being realistic, I think Arsene maybe has been lacking somewhat in the realistic dept and could be accused of having too much belief in his players. I would, however, rather play under a manager that believes in me and this is a good tactic for the future relationship with the young players.

Ultimately, it is only at the end of the season that he can be judged...We shall see...whatever happens, I am proud of our achievements this season regardless of how it ends :P:D:D:D

ALLEY

Arse did a great job running the Gooners on a shoe string budget whilst the Emirates was built but, thats old news now.

You've not had much success in recent years mostly cos it's a squad game now & Arse builds great teams but weak squads, hence he is able to keep his transfer dealings in the positive numbers which is unheard of for a top 3 team in the modern age anywhere in Europe.

Last years week-of-failure, when they crashed out of the Cup, CL & saw their hopes of the Prem vanish must be on the players minds again now.

It will be interesting to see how they respond to the challenges this week, especially Milan, cos Wigan should be an easy 3 points for you lot.

AC Milan tonight which is ganna be a very hard game for the Arsenal,So its Prediction time again.

I still think we will get a result tonight 1-1 going threw on the away goals rule.

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

AC Milan tonight which is ganna be a very hard game for the Arsenal,So its Prediction time again.

I still think we will get a result tonight 1-1 going threw on the away goals rule.

With you on that one bruv. And we must score first otherwise they'll get confidence

to do us over. Adebayor and RVP (if he plays) must be on target tonight.

With you on that one bruv. And we must score first otherwise they'll get confidence

to do us over. Adebayor and RVP (if he plays) must be on target tonight.

I would agree, if they score first i think you'll have an impossible task

Yes, that's the result I have in mind as well. All agreed on that one then.

AC Milan to score 2 and lock up shop.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

<br />AC Milan to score 2 and lock up shop.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

We shall see Mav. We shall see. We've done Inter at the San Siro, we've done Real Madrid at the

Bernabeau, so AC Milan can be next...................

<br /><br /><br />

We shall see Mav. We shall see. We've done Inter at the San Siro, we've done Real Madrid at the

Bernabeau, so AC Milan can be next...................

0-2 to the Arsenal! That was easy enough wasn't it? :)

0-2 to the Arsenal! That was easy enough wasn't it? :)

Quality performance from the gooners.