IGNORED

Arsenal Thread..

papa_soda

Is it just me, or did anyone get the feeling that neither manager really cared that much if his team lost yesterdays game? From the Arsenal point of view two cup games lost overwhelmingly against what you would normally consider to be arch enemies, played with a less than full strength side, in a short period?

I realise it might sound like sour grapes but I am serious. At this stage of the season perhaps Wenger decided that going after two domestic cups as well as the premiership and Champions league might have stretched the team to the max. I have always had the impression that Wenger is happy to get his team out of the Carling Cup. Maybe this year he decided that the FA Cup was a bridge too far and to concentrate on what he considers the two most important competitions. Of course he could not admit this, he would just put out a weaker side and leave them to it.

We were thrashed on the day and Man U supporters will see this as an attempt to lessen their victory. Strange thing is I'm not sure that Alex Ferguson really wanted it that badly either. Oh well, on with the show.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaco2

• Mavrick

• onourway

• papa_soda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

U R such a Spud. Can't wait until next season to shut all of you

Spurs knobends up and restore the natural order of things in

North Lundon!!!!

might be a stupid spud but i got the score line kinda right :rolleyes:

Is it just me, or did anyone get the feeling that neither manager really cared that much if his team lost yesterdays game? From the Arsenal point of view two cup games lost overwhelmingly against what you would normally consider to be arch enemies, played with a less than full strength side, in a short period?

I realise it might sound like sour grapes but I am serious. At this stage of the season perhaps Wenger decided that going after two domestic cups as well as the premiership and Champions league might have stretched the team to the max. I have always had the impression that Wenger is happy to get his team out of the Carling Cup. Maybe this year he decided that the FA Cup was a bridge too far and to concentrate on what he considers the two most important competitions. Of course he could not admit this, he would just put out a weaker side and leave them to it.

We were thrashed on the day and Man U supporters will see this as an attempt to lessen their victory. Strange thing is I'm not sure that Alex Ferguson really wanted it that badly either. Oh well, on with the show.

If Arsenal dont win anything again this season, maybe Wenger might realise its best to put your best side out in every compertition, at least he had the grace to admit the best side won (unlike against spurs where he said the gooners were just unlucky)

If Arsenal dont win anything again this season, maybe Wenger might realise its best to put your best side out in every compertition, at least he had the grace to admit the best side won (unlike against spurs where he said the gooners were just unlucky)

If Arsenal don't win anything this season then you might well be correct. If they do win something this season it does not mean that I am correct either, I am just voicing a suspicion.

Edited by panyaa

...........You may well be right.

It has been a long time since I saw an Arsenal team outclassed to that degree -

and with no any visible fightback. Even when we lost 5-1 to the Spud Scum, we tried to

attack. On Saturday there was nothing. And with so many players not 100 percent fit,

Wenger was obviously taking a pragmatic approach with the FA Cup. The title is always

his No.1 priority, then qualifying for the Champs Lge for the next season, followed by

a good run in the current Champs Lge in the current year.

As I've said before, this will have no bearing on the title race. Those ManUre and

Spud fans clinging onto that hope are mistaken. If ManUre win the title, they'll do so because

they're the better side over 38 games and not, a la Newcastle about 10 years ago, because

we 'choked'.

Also I've long been of the opinion (and as Thierry Henry said before his Barca departure last

year) that it is admirable that Wenger gives the youngsters a chance but some investment

in top quality experienced players may be necessary. Apart from ManUre's obvious superior

Desire to get a result from the game after losing 2-1 to Man City, the key difference between

ManUre and Arsenal is that their second-string XI are better than ours and have more strength

in depth. There's not too much to choose between the regular 1st choice XI of both sides. They have better stars - we have (usually) better team play, last Saturday's performance notwithstanding.

As I've said before, this will have no bearing on the title race.

The 4-0 FA Cup drubbing will have an effect on the players & wenger

If they have the minerals, they'll deal with the embaressment of the result (cos thats what it was) & kick on to the win the Prem.

Question is, do wengers kids have the minerals?

With games against Manu, Chelsea, Everton & even Liverpool to come, the seasons not over yet....

The 4-0 FA Cup drubbing will have an effect on the players & wenger

If they have the minerals, they'll deal with the embaressment of the result (cos thats what it was) & kick on to the win the Prem.

Question is, do wengers kids have the minerals?

With games against Manu, Chelsea, Everton & even Liverpool to come, the seasons not over yet....

Sanch: Sure you've said that more in hope than expectation, mate! The head-to-heads in the

league will be the defining games, not the Cup games. If ManUre or Chelscum beat us 4-0 in the Prem, only then will we have cause to start worrying. Our boys definitely have the testicular fortitude to be Champions this year - they are more mature and a better team minus Henry this

year. When the main players are all back and fit, then we'll be in good shape.

The odd blip in cup games won't affect that, but it's nice to see things spiced up a bit for the

run-in!!!!

Sanch: Sure you've said that more in hope than expectation, mate! The head-to-heads in the

league will be the defining games, not the Cup games. If ManUre or Chelscum beat us 4-0 in the Prem, only then will we have cause to start worrying. Our boys definitely have the testicular fortitude to be Champions this year - they are more mature and a better team minus Henry this

year. When the main players are all back and fit, then we'll be in good shape.

The odd blip in cup games won't affect that, but it's nice to see things spiced up a bit for the

run-in!!!!

Football is about confidence & calling a 4-0 drubbing a blip is underestimating the possible psychological impact of the result on the players.

Might not be the first X1 but lots of them did play...Arsenal: Lehmann, Justin Hoyte, Gallas, Toure, Traore, Eboue, Fabregas (Flamini 70), Silva, Hleb (Adebayor 70), Eduardo (Senderos 71), Bendtner.

The Gooners have put themselfs into a position where the Prem is their's to loose now, the cup drubbing came at a most opportune moment and, gives us haters hope that the Gooners may fail.

BTW.. i agree your a better team than last year & fair play considering Henry went, lots of class but.... do they have the bottle?

Football is about confidence & calling a 4-0 drubbing a blip is underestimating the possible psychological impact of the result on the players.

Might not be the first X1 but lots of them did play...Arsenal: Lehmann, Justin Hoyte, Gallas, Toure, Traore, Eboue, Fabregas (Flamini 70), Silva, Hleb (Adebayor 70), Eduardo (Senderos 71), Bendtner.

The Gooners have put themselfs into a position where the Prem is their's to loose now, the cup drubbing came at a most opportune moment and, gives us haters hope that the Gooners may fail.

BTW.. i agree your a better team than last year & fair play considering Henry went, lots of class but.... do they have the bottle?

Mmmmm Possible psychological impact????...Spurs win 5-1 and the following games see us go 5 points clear in the Premiership :MonkeyFight::D

..The fact is the Gunners are 5 points clear at this advanced stage of the season, nobody outside of the Arsenal believed we were capable of even holding on to fourth place at the beginning of it. From this perspective alone we have shown the minerals far beyond footballing expectation......Regarding this years Premiership title...I don't think it is a question of bottle but of squad depth...something I fear we lack at the present time...If we win the Premiership then that will be an amazing achievement in a season we actually made a 9 million profit in the transfer market!!!!...How much did Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool make???..Oh I mean spend :D:D:D

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

The questions that must be asked are:

1. "How many games will Arsenal lose in all competitions this year?"

2. "Do we come back from defeat & not give up?"

I say we will lose no more than 5-6 games with no more than half of those games in

the Prem, the others in the Cups. Who ever finishes above us will be Champs. We are

more mentally resilient as a team now & I can't see us collapsing. A year or 2 ago, yes

(and we did) but not now. Dropping 1 or 2 points - until our confidence - and injured

players - all return? Maybe. If we do win it, it will be because we did answer the above

questions in the right way. That is what makes Champions. Wenger will keep the boys

on right track. As we say at the Emirates, "Wenger knows"!!!

Mmmmm Possible psychological impact????...Spurs win 5-1 and the following games see us go 5 points clear in the Premiership :Good_Post::GrinNod1:

..The fact is the Gunners are 5 points clear at this advanced stage of the season, nobody outside of the Arsenal believed we were capable of even holding on to fourth place at the beginning of it. From this perspective alone we have shown the minerals far beyond footballing expectation......Regarding this years Premiership title...I don't think it is a question of bottle but of squad depth...something I fear we lack at the present time...If we win the Premiership then that will be an amazing achievement in a season we actually made a 9 million profit in the transfer market!!!!...How much did Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool make???..Oh I mean spend :Bravo1::Bravo1::What:

The questions that must be asked are:

1. "How many games will Arsenal lose in all competitions this year?"

2. "Do we come back from defeat & not give up?"

I say we will lose no more than 5-6 games with no more than half of those games in

the Prem, the others in the Cups. Who ever finishes above us will be Champs. We are

more mentally resilient as a team now & I can't see us collapsing. A year or 2 ago, yes

(and we did) but not now. Dropping 1 or 2 points - until our confidence - and injured

players - all return? Maybe. If we do win it, it will be because we did answer the above

questions in the right way. That is what makes Champions. Wenger will keep the boys

on right track. As we say at the Emirates, "Wenger knows"!!!

Next couple of games will tell us if the Gooners suffered a hangover from the drubbing, until those games are played, we can speculate & air our opinions on the subject. I do agree this year they are a stronger squad than last, despite my dislike of them, i try to be objective and i'm really not yet convinced they will handle the pressure down to the wire, we'll see when it happens or not....

As for profits from transfers, always amuses me how proud fans are that their club trades at a profit. If they gave awards for transfer dealings, Wenger would certainly deserve one but they don't and other clubs can afford to trade at a loss in the short-medium term because they are bank rolled by owners with too much money. Sooner or later, the Gooners will end up being owned by an overseas investors, already Usmanov owns 24% of the Gooners, he's the second largest owner there by only 0.11% behind Fiszman, so don't believe it wont happen, no matter what director resolutions the board pass about the ownership, big business usually get's what it wants, sooner or later.

I'm looking forward to 23rd March at the Bridge!

Massive game tonight against AC Milan.

Thats why im sure the Gunners will prove that they are the real deal & win tonight.

Arsenal 3 AC Milan 0 :P:Cry4::P

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

after the the Clash from ManU Arsenal will strike back. I hope for Milan but Arsenal will win 2:0 :P

Well i hope your wrong :Cry4::P

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

I remember when I seen Adebayor when he played with Monaco in French League one, he was a simple player, not very good, a litte few goals...

now he's amazing, I not believe it's the Adebayor what I know !!!

that's the very nice work of Wenger, he can transform a basic player in a top class player (who bet Adebayor score same number of goal than Cristiano Ronaldo ?)

:wub: come on milan :wub:

roastspurs.gif

roastspurs.gif

roastspurs.gif

Three Gun Salute :wub::wub::D

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

:wub: come on milan :wub:

0-0 vs AC Milan

Not the greatest result but we can still nick it. The next match

I'm hoping for a result on it Chelscum vs Spuds. I'm going to

be a Blue for a day................

I'm going for Chelscum 2 - Spuds 1.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!

Hm only 0-0 , but AC Milan is to old, so I think they will loose at home.

The Chelsea Game was so boooring. ZzzzZzzzzzzZ If you spend so much Money in a Team it should also play attractive...

Obviously it would have been good to take a lead into the away leg. One good thing is that we didn't concede any goals, that could be important if we get at least one away goal in the second leg. I'm still optimistic.

Massive game tonight against AC Milan.

Thats why im sure the Gunners will prove that they are the real deal & win tonight.

Arsenal 3 AC Milan 0 :Bravo1::D:P

Don't give up your day job, clearly predictions aren't your thing :P

0-0 vs AC Milan

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!

Do you really think the Gooners can do the job at the San Siro?

Milan are past masters at shutting up shop & getting results 1-0 at home..

Cheers for the support against Spuds, probably you would like us both to loose on sunday :wacko:

Hm only 0-0 , but AC Milan is to old, so I think they will loose at home.

The Chelsea Game was so boooring. ZzzzZzzzzzzZ If you spend so much Money in a Team it should also play attractive...

That's what Roman told Jose, they didnt agree & Grant was given the reigns to manage Chelsea playing attractive football, he's still working on the attractive part but, if we few a couple of trophies this season, we'll be happy Blues :D

0-0 vs AC Milan

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!

Hmmm Back at the San Siro, I don't think you have a hope in Hell !!! :rolleyes::LMAO1:

Obviously it would have been good to take a lead into the away leg. One good thing is that we didn't concede any goals, that could be important if we get at least one away goal in the second leg. I'm still optimistic.

No Chance of even nicking half a goal at the San Siro. :D:D

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

We were horrible last night. I just dont know what Arsene was playing at!!

Season after season of short passing game honed to perfection then he goes and plays a long ball game with effectively a lone striker.

Adebayour has come on leaps and bounds but last nights tactics were meat and veg to Nesta and Maldini who could sit on Addys tail all night as Eduardo was always 30 yards away.

Two on one will almost always win especially two wily old pros like those two. Maldini might not be the quickest now but he knows the game and most of the night it looked like a stroll in the park for him - Nesta, well he is Nesta!

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

No Chance of even nicking half a goal at the San Siro. :LMAO1::D

We've been there before. People said the same thing before we

beat Inter 5-1 there about 3-4 years ago, so if we play our natural

game, we've got a good chance. If I were you, worry about Lyon!

They are always capable of scoring anywhere, Old Trafford included!!!!

:rolleyes:

We've been there before. People said the same thing before we

beat Inter 5-1 there about 3-4 years ago, so if we play our natural

game, we've got a good chance. If I were you, worry about Lyon!

They are always capable of scoring anywhere, Old Trafford included!!!!

:rolleyes:

We will see !!!

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !