IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

The Little Wonder Central Shopping Arcade Pattaya 2nd Rd (Near Kiss shit food)

attachicon.gifDSCF0489.JPG

Nice big cuppa.

attachicon.gifDSCF0484.JPG

Then she turned to shit! Business owners dont give options if your staff can not comprehend. No baked beans means I dont want my meal swimming in it! No fried bread hello! And don't give me the option of poached eggs, if your staff are going to fry thrm anyway. And cold bubble and squeak, burnt snags, a good menu fucked through lack of training!

If you had pulled it of it would have been a great breafast for 190 THB.

attachicon.gifDSCF0485.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0486.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0487.JPG

Who ever invented fried bread and baked beans needs rooting!

attachicon.gifDSCF0488.JPG

Seems like you didn't like this one ! All I'll say is that I go in there on a regular basis and have the medium breakfast and for quality I find it's up there with The Ritz. I have tried the big breakfast that you had and TBH I enjoyed the medium more.

ps ................. fried bread is awesome !

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On your recommendation, just hit the Ritz for their big one.... good stuff! Only thing i didnt finish was the hasbrowns, not the style i like, they reminded me of fastfood (mcdonalds) style. Everything else was great.

Great thread, thanks for your dedication.

Usually you get what you pay for, but looking at P&W and The Sportman's offering you don't when it comes to breakfasts in Pattaya. Irish Rovers still gets my vote.

A lot say how good Irish Rovers is.............is there a review with pics .......anyone  done one on Irish Rovers?

Well lads .........whose having breaky at Irish Rovers in the mornin?

Braushaus German Restaurant Pattaya 2nd Rd Soi 7

post-82617-0-77938200-1357535346_thumb.jpg

Nice coffee.

post-82617-0-25285500-1357535476_thumb.jpg

The big one170 THB, extra 15 THB for the egg and 20 THB for the tomato.

post-82617-0-69406700-1357535606_thumb.jpg

Tooo much food!

post-82617-0-97825600-1357535787_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-47909500-1357536563_thumb.jpg

that's a big breaky........not into salami first thing in the morning though... and very fattening that one...but you only enjoy life once.

Anyone game enough to do a review of Crazy Dave's 24 hr diner in Soi Chayapoon?

A lot say how good Irish Rovers is.............is there a review with pics .......anyone  done one on Irish Rovers?

Well lads .........whose having breaky at Irish Rovers in the mornin?

Hi

Seems your search button is broken :GoldenSmile1:

Click the link below

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/102860-best-breakfast-including-pictures-in-pattaya-09052012/

Big thanks to BM xerive :Bow:

IRISH ROVERS - Located on Soi LK Metro

99 BAHT

2 Eggs - (fried / scrambled) - picture shows scrambled.

Mushrooms

2x slices Fried Bread

2x Toast

Tomato

Beans

Black Pudding

2 Sausages

2x Slices Bacon - not the stringy fatty stuff

Small Fried Potatoes

Cup of Tea or Coffee

Glass of Orange

This is my nomination. All this for 99 Baht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i rover.jpg

:UGotServed1:

Wow!  Thanks for the photo!  I will be walking distance to Rovers, so I definitely plan to check this one out

Coco's Cafe Soi 3

attachicon.gifDSCF0035.JPG

This time last year CC's was my favorite place for brekky, big German breakfast 3 kinds of bread, 3 kinds of cheese, 3 kinds of cold cuts, 2 boiled eggs, fresh fruit, endless coffee, juice and fast wifi for 150Baht. July the price went up to 190 and now 230, which is just taking the piss. Today they had to walk up to BigC to buy the food.

attachicon.gifDSCF0036.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0038.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0042.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0043.JPG

Not much of a breakfast for 230, gone down hill in the last 6 months.

We talked about it earlier these guys will kill their biz with the greed model.  That is 7.50 u.s. for breakfast in thailand on a non air conditioned patio likely with cold cuts from bic C that does not seem to include anything really genuinely cooked.... example Denny's in the U.S. you can order hash browns, biscuit and gravy for 60 baht, 120 baht all you can eat pancakes.  Personally I don't eat often an Denny's but ask yourself why are you being asked to pay as much or more in Pattaya?  This is really just a greed grab by businesses believing that the consumer will be dumb enough to buy the "it's inflation" theory.   However, have to say that the 99 baht specials are still good deals and I am sure the businesses are thriving.

The Little Wonder Central Shopping Arcade Pattaya 2nd Rd (Near Kiss shit food)

attachicon.gifDSCF0489.JPG

Nice big cuppa.

attachicon.gifDSCF0484.JPG

Then she turned to shit! Business owners dont give options if your staff can not comprehend. No baked beans means I dont want my meal swimming in it! No fried bread hello! And don't give me the option of poached eggs, if your staff are going to fry thrm anyway. And cold bubble and squeak, burnt snags, a good menu fucked through lack of training!

If you had pulled it of it would have been a great breafast for 190 THB.

attachicon.gifDSCF0485.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0486.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0487.JPG

Who ever invented fried bread and baked beans needs rooting!

attachicon.gifDSCF0488.JPG

I was a big fan of LW breakfast until my last visit. There deep fried bread was good but now crap, seems the (new ?) cook needs some basic cooking advice, get the oil hot then place the bread in, not put the bread in and then turn on the fryer.

Looks like there bacon portions are back to normal size not cut in half and as you've said a nice big mug of tea.

Keep up the good work.

The Irish Rovers Soi Metro

post-82617-0-22399200-1357661014_thumb.jpg

I will be the judge of that one lassie, now back to your sword dancing!

post-82617-0-79152000-1357661184_thumb.jpg

Weak coffee and more ice cube than OJ.

post-82617-0-56781100-1357661391_thumb.jpg

The 99 THB Baht Buster. No baked beans or fried bread thank you, the shrooms where left overs from someone elses breakfast, they where old and chewy and a couple of burnt snags.

post-82617-0-42527700-1357661581_thumb.jpg

Great value for your Baht, but that's as far as it goes average meal at a cheap price. I can't see what all the rave reviews are for! You can't tell me those spuds are cooked fresh!

post-82617-0-48542400-1357661718_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-08401000-1357661911_thumb.jpg

No......doesn't look too good...........not as good as i thought it would be anyway.

Thanks for your honest review Nixon............

To be fair to little wonder, it's not really a breakfast place. Now if you want pie'n'mash with liquer it is the only place to go.

Dave.

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

As for the Rovers breakfast. it might not be your taste but when you consider all that you get for B99 it is great VALUE. I have yet to see any other place come close to this.

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

Lek and Apex Buffet both crap. Went to Casa Pascal on a regular basis last time and could not fault it.

Irish Rover was good value for money, but was sitting inside due to place being steady and was sweating

like a peado in a playground due to no a/c.

Agree with the o/p about The Ritz, but think they are more geared up for dinners rather than breakfast.

Had a good breakfast at the Lek Villa in Naklua, far superior to its wee cousin on 2nd road. Diana Inn on ,

funnily enough soi Diana was very good for a while, but last trip had went right down hill. Robins Nest was passable

although the staff need a boot up the erchie!

All things considered, will prob stick with Casa Pascal, although thanks to this thread i will give the LK Empress a go when I go back in

3 weeks time. Sorry no photos but will take and post when I get back.

Chokdee, Chooky :GoldenSmile1:

• 1 month later...

Chiming in with a view of Dicey's, per permission of Nixonsbest (thanks!)

Not sure if this counts towards best breakfast, as there were a few downsides, but I thought I'd throw in a review. I was jetlagged as all hell my first day in Pattaya a couple weeks back.  I was up at 5am and was walking about for a long time before things started to open.  It wasn't until about 8am or so that I started looking for breakfast.  I stumbled upon Dicey's on second road by 13/2.  It was one of the only places that looked open, and it also looked like it could serve up a proper breakfast.  

This looked like a tourist pub or a direct transplant from America, so I knew it wasn't going to be cheap.  Breakfast was about 320b, which is twice what one would expect to pay.  It also took forever to come out, despite being in the place with only two other people.  However, when it finally did come out, I was overwhelmed with the amount of food and selection.  Three types of sausages, three strips of bacon, black pudding, two slices of thick toast, home fries, hash, fried tomatoes, passable beans, two eggs, and a choice between coffee and tea.  Believe it or not, I actually ate some before I took this picture.  It was twice the amount of food that I probably needed, but a good start for a jetlag cure.

Now for the downsides.  Besides it taking between 15-20 minutes to come out and the price, there was no selection of how the eggs where to be cooked.  They were well done--something I particularly hate.  The sausages, although tasty, were room temperature.  They also initially couldn't serve me tea.  They couldn't explain why, but I suspect it was because they were get boiling water from the espresso machine, which was just turned on when I walked in.  I eventually got the pot filled, but it would have been nice to have while waiting so long.  Yes, there was a lot of food, but one could just as easily buy two breakfasts at any other place.  I'd be interested to know of other breakfast places that include black pudding in their breakfast.  

dicey-breakfast.jpg

The 320 Baht breakfast does not look that much better than IRISH ROVERS 99 Baht breakfast.

Agreed.  It wasn't the best breakfast, particularly for the price.  Mind you, I ate at least 3 fork fulls of the potatoes before this picture, but that still doesn't make up for the price.  One thing that I can't remember is if the 320b included my order or orange juice, which was not included in the price.  To be fair, they do offer a 130b breakfast, but I went for broke (literally), and ordered the deluxe breakfast.  I only went there because I was unfamiliar with the breakfast options and that was the first place I came across that looked open.  

Archived