IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

Thanks Nixon!

I really enjoy your breakie guide. You are doing a good job and im always to lazy to do something like this but I know that everything you have done so far is a big help to us. Now I know where I want to eat when coming to the fisher village next month. :Good_Job:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Nixon!

I really enjoy your breakie guide. You are doing a good job and im always to lazy to do something like this but I know that everything you have done so far is a big help to us. Now I know where I want to eat when coming to the fisher village next month. :Good_Job:

+1

270 baht.................you're having a laugh

Only at you!  Straight up take 100 THB of the price for being at Central Festival, the premier retail space in Pattaya and for having 6 bar staff and 4 in the kitchen!  Them more over heads than, the  Golf Club, The Billabong and Kilkenny's pay!  

Yes I agree.....They always laugh at me when I stroll along beach road, knowing that I can never afford to eat or drink in their establishment , just a poor Pommie, haha  :Think1: ........this is a place for the two week tourists and the high rolling Aussies. They'll be serving vegemite on toast and lamb sausages soon  :GrinNod1:  

^ you alright in the head son?  You need a bit of time to yourself boy?

+1

Bit of a Chip on the shoulder here....methinks

Nix's....thanks for the recent reviews....P & J is just up the Soi from our shop....been gunna try it....from other reviews

Now....after my treatment last year, I don't eat much these days.... (actually dropped 30 kgs in past year)

I walked in there a few weeks ago....was tempted to try a Chicken Parma....Tues special....190 bt  if I recall

Saw Heaven Hill Bourbon on the list....asked how much.....115 bt

No thanks.....same price as JD

A 1 ltr bottle sells for 495 bt @ Friendship

WTF.... 5 drinks pays for a bottle that serves 33 drinks??????

I didn't stay to eat....maybe I did myself a favour

I posted my thoughts on one of your earlier recommendations.....and to be honest....food was not too bad..just a couple of other issues....

....I would Love to find a decent sausage here....bloody impossible ....so far

Cheers Mate

Nix sons best please try the Irish breakfast at OGaras

In Tara court, 160฿ best brekie I've had in 10 years

In LOS, then give us your view on it

Thanks Nixon!

+2

...I would Love to find a decent sausage here....bloody impossible ....so far

Sai Oua, from a stall on the GF of Central Festival.

Coco's Cafe Soi 3

attachicon.gifDSCF0035.JPG

This time last year CC's was my favorite place for brekky, big German breakfast 3 kinds of bread, 3 kinds of cheese, 3 kinds of cold cuts, 2 boiled eggs, fresh fruit, endless coffee, juice and fast wifi for 150Baht. July the price went up to 190 and now 230, which is just taking the piss. Today they had to walk up to BigC to buy the food.

attachicon.gifDSCF0036.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0038.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0042.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0043.JPG

Not much of a breakfast for 230, gone down hill in the last 6 months.

What a pity! I was actually looking forward to paying CC's a visit to get a good old fashion simple farang breakfast.  After seeing the picture & the current price hike I think I'll pass.  Maybe the will readjust the price.  Too much for too little.  

What a pity! I was actually looking forward to paying CC's a visit to get a good old fashion simple farang breakfast.  After seeing the picture & the current price hike I think I'll pass.  Maybe the will readjust the price.  Too much for too little.  

From my opening post:  Coco's Cafe Soi 3

attachicon.gifDSCF0667.JPG

Looks like this place has died, shame it started out nice little place, quality setting, cheap food and drinks, fast wifi and handy to where I stay.  By looks of the palm trees it was all over after the xmas break.  The 2 Austrian owners spent a bit of cash on the fit out including two well equipped rooms up stairs.  My quess is they ran it like a hobby not a business.

attachicon.gifDSCF0666.JPG

What does the sign say?

attachicon.gifDSCF0668.JPG

+376 is the country code for The Principality of Andorra

:Think1:

Where i can have the best "Healthy" breakfast in town with Oats or cereals, milk, fruits, yoghurt....  (except Casa Pascal and the Golf Club).

I don't want english style breakfast, it's definitely too fat for me.

thx guys.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading through this thread, I ended up eating breakfast at the golf club today. Stayed for a beer or six. Worth every baht! Thank you for the great reviews Nixonsbest.

I had some breakfast for a couple of days in the Ritz on soi 13/1 and it was really nice. The big english for 180baht. And I also ate at the Brauhaus wich I have been at many times. I had two toast with butter and jam, two fried eggs and some bacon and ham with coffee 89 baht or something. It was really god. The Sportsman in soi 13 is all long gone for me. Sometimes the girls are great but then the next time its the other way. I like the Ritz because its more down to earth and I dont need waitresses that can speak fluent english, well almost like they do in the S-man.

G

Where i can have the best "Healthy" breakfast in town with Oats or cereals, milk, fruits, yoghurt....  (except Casa Pascal and the Golf Club).

I don't want english style breakfast, it's definitely too fat for me.

thx guys.

The Continental Bakery 

Soi Excite -

they have a fresh mixed fruit and homemade yogurt breakfast that is really good.

I had some breakfast for a couple of days in the Ritz on soi 13/1 and it was really nice. The big english for 180baht. And I also ate at the Brauhaus wich I have been at many times. I had two toast with butter and jam, two fried eggs and some bacon and ham with coffee 89 baht or something. It was really god. The Sportsman in soi 13 is all long gone for me. Sometimes the girls are great but then the next time its the other way. I like the Ritz because its more down to earth and I dont need waitresses that can speak fluent english, well almost like they do in the S-man.

G

Is it still big Michelle that is cooking in the Ritz ?

The Continental Bakery 

Soi Excite -

they have a fresh mixed fruit and homemade yogurt breakfast that is really good.

Continental have a great selection, would recommend this place if thats what your after rather than the 'Bacon & Eggs' breakfast

Also on soi Excite, Bake N Brew do a good breakfast with great coffee, sorry no pics

The Continental Bakery 

Soi Excite -

Last time I had homemade yogurt in Thailand, was going down on a BG that had thrush!

Wow, what a great thread. Much thanks to all and especially to the OP.

Love your work nixon, your doing us a great service.

I stayed at 18 coins recently. I was not a fan of there breakfast. I dont like fried bread. bacon not the best and the eggs tasted funny and generally came out just warm.

I stumbled across ned kellys and found there brekky much better. It also came out hot and coffee was drinkable.

for a good coffee, i headed down to the IT centre and went to simply deliscious. they made a great capuccino!

Two places I like to eat breakfast [all food is generally good ] are rosie o gradys soi 7 maybe a touch on the expensive side but good quality [ for me definitely better than the pig + whistle next door ] and the Devonshire in soi lengkee good food cheap prices . 

Archived