IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

Don't worry its not you I've ate at 18 Coins heaps of times and some days I get treat like I've took a shit on their tables. For the most part though the ladyboys can be a laugh..very hit and miss.

Went yesterday and have to agree with you on this occasion. It was shit.

Do give it one more try though as this was the only bad one Ive had from there and its likely we went the same (bad) day

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes the perceived quality of a restaurant's breakfast is linked to the level of hangover one has from the night before.  I've had days where a greasy breakfast was gold in the morning, and other days where I wouldn't even want to look at the same plate.  I'm sure breakfast quality in a restaurants can fluctuate from day to day, but so can the tastes of the person eating it.  

Don't worry its not you I've ate at 18 Coins heaps of times and some days I get treat like I've took a shit on their tables. For the most part though the ladyboys can be a laugh..very hit and miss.

Went yesterday and have to agree with you on this occasion. It was shit.

Do give it one more try though as this was the only bad one Ive had from there and its likely we went the same (bad) day

There is no exuse for serving day old, dried out, tinned mushrooms, They use cheap arse butter that leaves a coating on the roof of your mouth, the sausages are one step up from what the 711 serves.  There are alot better breakfasts around for 140 THB with better service.

Jameson's The Irish Pub

http://www.jamesons-pattaya.com/location.php

post-82617-0-91918800-1364608163_thumb.jpg

Choice of 3 breads and OJ without ice a plus!

post-82617-0-22326300-1364607701_thumb.jpg

The 199 THB breakfast, overpriced and paying for the surrounds in a out of the way place.

Choice of how you want your eggs done and exchanged bakedbeans for more tomato.

post-82617-0-29179600-1364608011_thumb.jpg

Average meal at a hig end price, hey but it is the NOVA!

post-82617-0-83625200-1364608080_thumb.jpg

Jameson's The Irish Pub

attachicon.gifDSCF0662.JPG

Average meal at a big end price, hey but it is the NOVA!

A bit pricey but they look like some good poached eggs, did they use vinegar

Those where your left over mushrooms I was served!!!

555555555555..........must be,looks f.cking ghastly the things in your picture !!!

Anyway,thx for the reviews.......loads good of info and mouthwatering pics  :GoldenSmile1: .

From my opening post:  Coco's Cafe Soi 3

post-82617-0-07794000-1364630104_thumb.jpg

Looks like this place has died, shame it started out nice little place, quality setting, cheap food and drinks, fast wifi and handy to where I stay.  By looks of the palm trees it was all over after the xmas break.  The 2 Austrian owners spent a bit of cash on the fit out including two well equipped rooms up stairs.  My quess is they ran it like a hobby not a business.

post-82617-0-89512500-1364629989_thumb.jpg

What does the sign say?

post-82617-0-01240700-1364630176_thumb.jpg

+376 is the country code for The Principality of Andorra

The Golf Club - Soi LK Metro

http://www.golfclubpattaya.com/site/

post-82617-0-24450900-1364701725_thumb.jpg

Get in early to get a seat at this place, I have been trying for a while and is always packed, It was well worth the wait.

It is the little things here that make all the difference, craked pepper, brown sugar, a seperate butter knife, butter served on a dish not in a disposable container, as simple as a lid on the milk to stop the fly's. Just basic hospitality that no one seems to do here.

Nice mug of coffee.

post-82617-0-31772700-1364700505_thumb.jpg

140 THB breakfast, good all round breakfast, better than most of the 180 THB plus meals!

post-82617-0-27894100-1364700905_thumb.jpg

Quality and filling.

post-82617-0-58693800-1364701086_thumb.jpg

Good service, I asked for the Lea & Perrins worchestire sauce (black sauce), she had 3 goes at bringing me the sauce, in the end she got it right and she tried, most staff would have given up after I had asked the first time.

post-82617-0-98898500-1364702013_thumb.jpg

I am bumbing The Golf Glub up to #1 position!

I agree on the Golf Club - but you have to upgrade the coffee - which means you pay full price for it - if you upgrade there should be an increase but not for the full price

Why upgrade? When I can go to Greg's Kitchen and have it included in the price!

I agree on the Golf Club - but you have to upgrade the coffee - which means you pay full price for it - if you upgrade there should be an increase but not for the full price

What do you mean?

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

What do you mean?

The coffee that comes with the breakfast - is shite - so you need to order the proper stuff which you pay the full price for - as you are not having the first offering the other coffee should be cheaper reflecting this fact

The coffee that comes with the breakfast - is shite - so you need to order the proper stuff which you pay the full price for - as you are not having the first offering the other coffee should be cheaper reflecting this fact

Got you. I went yesterday and wondered why it came in a Golf Club mug and tasted like instant coffee.

Every time I'd previously been I ordered a coffee on entering, then breakfast 5 minutes after. This time I didnt so got the shite coffee your talking about.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

The Golf Club - Soi LK Metro

attachicon.gifDSCF0686.JPG

I am bumbing The Golf Glub up to #1 position!

I hope you tried breakfast at the Billabong and the kilkenny while you were on holiday?

Either way Golf Club is defiantly one of the best(cant argue if it stays number 1 either) and the extra care and attention to detail is really pleasant to see in Thailand.

Again i have to say, great thread.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

I have eaten breakfast at the majority of restaurants that have been covered, but without doubt the best quality ingredients is "The Golf Club". I now only frequent "The Golf Club" for breakfast having eaten here well over 100 times. Also do not ignore the barbecue nights as the steaks are some of the best i have tasted.   :GoldenSmile1: 

I have eaten breakfast at the majority of restaurants that have been covered, but without doubt the best quality ingredients is "The Golf Club". I now only frequent "The Golf Club" for breakfast having eaten here well over 100 times. Also do not ignore the barbecue nights as the steaks are some of the best i have tasted.   :GoldenSmile1:

also a big thumbs up for Golf Club from me.... great breakfast... great BBQ.... and ive always had great service there as well... even the owner is pleasant and friendly.

I have not had their regular coffee as i always upgrade to a cappuccino anyway.... but id rather have shit coffee with great food than great coffee with shit food anyday!

I hope you tried breakfast at the billabong and the kilkenny while you were on holiday?

Either way Golf Club is defiantly one of the best(cant argue if it stays number 1 either) and the extra care and attention to detail is really pleasant to see in Thailand.

Again i have to say, great thread.

Saturday I went to Billabong and the cook was a no show so ended up at 18 coins, yesterday I went to Kilkenny and they dont start breakfast to 8am so ended up at The Golf Club.

The Loaf Bakery and Cafe Soi Lengkee

attachicon.gifDSCF0104.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0105.JPG

I was not impressed with this joint after reading all the reviews, I ordered the ham and cheese omelette 129 Baht. Asked for tomato in the omelette no problems, swap coffee for water no problems and then she was all down hill.

* A disgusting margarine that left a coating in my mouth

* Stale toast that the knife strugggled to cut through

* They rolled the omelette to soon and the middle was just a mess of raw egg and fillings

* Paid the bill with 150 Baht and they didn't come back with change, assumed I was tipping

I still think it is neck and neck between Golf Club and Loaf

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/137102-loaf-vs-golf-club-breakfast/?hl=loaf

Your kidding!

Archived