Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

had an absolutely terrible breakfast at Irish Rovers this week.

previously id had a few decent breakfasts there, not amazing, but good enough to go back, especially for such a low price.

burnt sausage

lukewarm bacon

TWO tiny pieces of what i can only assume were yesterdays potatos reheated

an orange juice with more ice in it than actual juice

and possibly the smallest 2 scrambled eggs ive ever had... probably more like 1 egg + some water or milk

i know quality can be great one day and terrible the next here in pattaya, and this is not the normal quality of irish rovers, but this one was bad enough that i felt i had to post about it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had  a great breakfast at Irish Rovers this morning,  the place was packed  and it was hard to get a seat , most others on LK Metro/ Diana were fairly quiet

I wasnt a big fan of the irish rovers brekkie there was nothing wrong with it just everything was very cheap (but thats the whole point so cant knock it) but if your on LK Metro you will need to try 3 places 

In my preferred order....

The Killkenny - My fav of LK Metro, as good as the golf club but bigger and cheaper and i just like the bar and pool table here! and most of staff understand off menu orders.

The Billabong - great breakfast cooked right no problems with ordering off menu and the sausages are huge and pretty good IMO. (the big brekkie is huge and still about 150 i think)

The golf club - Great breakfasts, huge choices but pretty expensive considering the competition next door.

--------------------------------------------------------

you gotta try canterbury tales its as much about having a bullshit with dave breakfasts are average but the company is well worth going for.

crazy dave is just a dick dont go near his place.

best buffet i think was the dianna dragon i think 125 or 150 baht but eggs and bacon to order miles better than apex and lek.

best bacon sandwich by a country mile was from jimmy macs on Soi 6. i gotta try the breakfast there soon!!!

hope i gave you some more ideas.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

irish rovers shit and cheap,99 baht felt sick all day,caddy shack gets my vote,great choice and quality,papers wifi,big screen tv,s very cool inside.real top class coffee not the cheap shit like most places,brekkies from 99baht up to 140,had the 99b but added the bubble ,also tinned tomatoes not many places have them.

apex and lek dont waste your time or money

irish rovers shit and cheap,99 baht felt sick all day,caddy shack gets my vote,great choice and quality,papers wifi,big screen tv,s very cool inside.real top class coffee not the cheap shit like most places,brekkies from 99baht up to 140,had the 99b but added the bubble ,also tinned tomatoes not many places have them.

apex and lek dont waste your time or money

I am not having a dig at you, but how can you eat canned tomatoes from China heated up?  Compared to fresh tomatoes grilled!  Too me that is like eating spam out of a can instead of ham off the bone.  I would give Caddy Shack a try but if I can't walk there no review.

BREAKFAST LOVERS!  I am back in 21 days,for 8 days of breakfast reviews!  So hit me up with places to review!

The champions so far!

Full breakfast:-  Greg's Kitchen

The Ritz

Rabbi's Elephant Bar

Zee German:-    Piccolo Zee Corner

Braushaus

Klein Heidelberg

Buffet:-               Casa Pascal

LK Empress

Flipper Lodge  (please do not eat here)

Hi Nixonsbest,

Great thread, why are you advising us to not eat at Flipper Lodge if you rated it 3rd in the buffet category?

Just curious,

SDM197.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BREAKFAST LOVERS!  I am back in 21 days,for 8 days of breakfast reviews!  So hit me up with places to review!

The champions so far!

The Ritz

Rabbi's Elephant Bar

Zee German:-    Piccolo Zee Corner

Braushaus

Klein Heidelberg

Buffet:-               Casa Pascal

LK Empress

Flipper Lodge  (please do not eat here)

Next time I will have to check out The Ritz again - last time I tried a few months ago it was not great

I did a comparison between The Golf Club and The Loaf - too close to call

I ate at The Loaf last year........do they still charge 10% service charge on the bill. The reason for asking is its normally hiso places that add this tax/

You might want to try 18 coins on baukauw near Soi 15. thats where I have been having my breakfast while I am in town. Good value for the money, friendly staff and great location to watch the world go by while eating. I looked through the thread and didnt see anything on it.

He who dies with the best stories wins!

I also like 18 coins but it has reviews pro and against, i have always had a good meal in this place and the Thai ladies also rave about thai food too...when it comes to breakfast the last thing i consider is the price as you can guarantee if its cheap then its gonna be poor quality food...how else can they make a profit on it ? Got to say the buffet at the empress and the german ones look by far the best value to me

Great thread, thanks for taking the time.

Hopefully be sampling a few of these fry ups soon myself!!

The champions so far!

Should be noted that Greg's now open at 4pm, so can hardly be called a place for breakfast.

And also closed all day Mondays.

Hi Nixonsbest, Great thread, why are you advising us to not eat at Flipper Lodge if you rated it 3rd in the buffet category? Just curious, SDM197. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I only reviewed 3 buffet breakfasts!

Should be noted that Greg's now open at 4pm, so can hardly be called a place for breakfast.

And also closed all day Mondays.

Perhaps an all day breakfast except Mondays!  Thanks for your positive feed back, you are an asset to this thread and forum.

i would avoid the robins nest the one just past entrance of lk metropole hotel on the right down soi diana , arrogant farang owner, crap expensive food. once spent an hour eating in that place listening him holding court about how powerful he was , his money and everyone that he has fooked in a very loud yobbish way , i was with two girls non bar who was disgusted...he has a prime spot and he knows it the noob, wont ever get a single baht from me again

i would avoid the robins nest the one just past entrance of lk metropole hotel on the right down soi diana , arrogant farang owner, crap expensive food. once spent an hour eating in that place listening him holding court about how powerful he was , his money and everyone that he has fooked in a very loud yobbish way , i was with two girls non bar who was disgusted...he has a prime spot and he knows it the noob, wont ever get a single baht from me again

the owner of robins nest also owns or part owns the sportsman soi13  wow/meals on wheels delivery service/5 star visa runs

How recent was this?

A lot has been said about Robin the original owner - the new guy seems sound to me

OK...on the basis of the reports on this thread, a friend & I sought out Rabbi Elephant Bar this morning for breakfast.

It was OK....but if that's the best that Pattaya has to offer, in future  I will elect to stay in my condo and cook my own.

Price was fine....and it came with a good OJ.....the Mug of tea was fine as well.

Eggs & toast were well cooked....although the poached eggs were sort of.....how can I say...."Odd"

Sausages (choice of Pork or Beef)....I chose Pork....were sort of Saw dusty / dry/ mushy....I know that's a contradiction of terms....but it best describes how I felt when I tasted them..... OK...not isolated to any one place....It is damn difficult to find good sausages in Thailand....I hear there is a good German Sausage maker somewhere in town.....I need to find him soon...

Baked beans....all 11 of them....were served in a dish the size of which restaurants would use to serve parmesan cheese here....sorta confused as to why they would bother to include them on the plate

Mash potato  (choice of french fries / mash / fried potato) was the size of a Chuppa Chup....again...why bother.....wonder if I chose french fries, if I would have received 2 ....or 3 chips ???

Overall....in a score out of 10.....I would rate the food as a 5 & a half.... or 6

BUT....the volume of the TV sound system...... ear splitting deafening....would reduce this "Dining experience" score to....at max. 3-5 / 10

I understand that opinions are a personal issue.....and my comments only reflect my personal experience and evaluation....YMMV

....If I venture out again for Breakfast I think it will be Casa Pasqual

To the OP.....sorry mate...I am not trying to discredit the great job that you have done here.....evaluating the available choices in town.....I'm just saying that....If that's as good as it gets....I'll opt out in future......  Again....Just my Honest opinion.... and I am fortunate that I live here and have the option of preparing my own food

To be fair....I will post my comments after I try Casa Pasqual

Cheers  DS

• 3 weeks later...

Had a crack at the Empress buffet brekkie yesterday.......being a fat f#%k I shouldn't be eating it, but, disappointed with no bacon, that was made up for by great coffee! Will definantly go again in the future.

18 Coins and the Pig & Whistle are still doing it for me!

Hitting up  Casa Pascal tomorrow morning!  :ThumbUp6:

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

Rabbi is trying to sell his bar so he can go back to Australia to get his old age pension.........leasehold he wants 12 million baht.

i guess you should tell him about the food........he's a good guy...he's actually a Australian Jewish Rabbi for Pattaya.

18 Coins Soi Buakhao

post-82617-0-20494300-1364563197_thumb.jpg

Shit food, Shit service!!

Apperntly you are not allowed to dine at the round concrete table out the front, as it is to far for the staff to walk that extra 2 meters!

I would hate to see this LB if he could have periods.

post-82617-0-82652500-1364563353_thumb.jpg

More ice than OJ!

post-82617-0-73634000-1364563453_thumb.jpg

140 THB

post-82617-0-19197200-1364564020_thumb.jpg

Anyone for a game of squash?

post-82617-0-51775600-1364564102_thumb.jpg

Backstroking in oil.

post-82617-0-65094900-1364564198_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-22551500-1364564303_thumb.jpg

Hmmmm.........I had my breakfast in !8 Coins 2 days ago and I was quite happy with it and the service was good too  :Grin3: !!

The only thing I wasn`t happy about is the way they spill the tomato beans on your toast and bacon,just like on the pic above.

Hmmmm.........I had my breakfast in !8 Coins 2 days ago and I was quite happy with it and the service was good too  :Grin3: !!

The only thing I wasn`t happy about is the way they spill the tomato beans on your toast and bacon,just like on the pic above.

Those where your left over mushrooms I was served!!!

Archived