IGNORED

Transportation to Pattaya or elsewhere.

Braveheart

There is a complex of shops about 20 - 30 mins from the airport. Just ask whichever taxi you use to stop at the 7-11. I've never had a problem with the taxi stopping, just be nice and offer to the get the cab driver a drink (non alcoholic of course).

Sounds like a plan, cheers for that! :Thanks3:

can i actually hire this cab to get me to patts. Looks like a promo

It is a new Samsung mobile phone campaign, I guess.

Used Bell Bus Service last year to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya P72 Hotel. Walking Street was closed so had to haul luggage through one block, tough crossing 2nd Street. Otherwise, door-to-door service for 200 baht each way. Hard to beat.

Bargain. And how long did it take (as I understand it, you change from a minibus to a coach)?

• 2 weeks later...

Why not take a little faster taxi

from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya

next time?

Where do I find this taxi on BKK Airport - that would speed my trip to Pattaya up !!!

• 3 weeks later...

found this website that lists a few alternatives - bangkok to pattaya/pattaya to bangkok - airport to pattaya/pattaya to airport.

http://pattayavan.com/

I use the "97 baht minivan service" between bangkok/pattaya all the time. cheapest way back and forth bar the train. they have pickup sites all over pattaya. the one I take off pattaya klang soi 12 is just a few blocks from my place. over on pattaya tai across the street from the friendship market is another pickup/dropoff place.

if you want to take the train, the fare is 31 baht. here is the train schedule straight from the thailand train website

http://www.railway.co.th/home/srt/timetable/download/th/20110725-eastline-go.pdf

I never took the train. hear it takes 3 hours. and can be a pain with the hard wood seats.

train info.

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm

http://www.railway.co.th/home/Default.asp?lenguage=Eng

once you get to pattaya, I hear the song thaews will charge you 30 baht to get you from the train station to central pattaya like where the central festival mall is on second road. but looking at the online pattaya map, it looks like a 10 minute walk from the train station to sukhumvit road. once you get there, the song thaews will cost you 10 baht to get you to beach second road. ..41 baht total for the trip from bangkok to pattaya.

online pattaya map.

http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map_pattaya.html

Bargain. And how long did it take (as I understand it, you change from a minibus to a coach)?

never used bell from airport as last one always gone by time i get in, but always use patts to swampy.

and usually about 1.5 hours or just over from the bus terminal to airport.

from swampy coach will go to bus terminal in patts, then u transfer to minibus/van for onwards transport to accom. vice versa when go to airport from patts. so allow another 20 mins to 30 mins for that.

babydollsaddict.gif

hi dose anny one know of any good wheelchair accessible van services from airport to central bangkok arving on on the 6th sept at 8pm electric chair so quiet bulky and heavy

average price to would be nice

Bell Bus Service is remain good, however, the punctuality of pick up service from your hotel of patts is not as pefect as before. I noticed the chances of delay in 10-15 minutes is 50%, although Bell have more numbers of minivan in service then two years ago,

I always stay at same hotel, using their service to airport, suppose to be picked up as first passenger for that route. Minivan came late 3 out of 5 times recently. Last time they late in more then 20 minutes, when we reach bus station its 10 minutes after scheduled departure time, and whole bus of passengers are waiting for our van.

Newbie, will be arriving 23:15 hours and cannot check into resort in Pattaya until 15:00hrs following day. Suggestions on safety in the airport, awaiting until morning to take a taxi or bus, which ever would be reasonable and safe?

Hi, being a Newbie my first post is a simple question - can any member inform me of the approximate fare that I can expect to be charged from the airport to the Dynasty Inn Soi 4 in a metered taxi ?

Going from BKK to Pattaya you agree a price, rather than using the meter. I think it's usually about 1200 or thereabouts.

Used Bell Bus Service last year to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya P72 Hotel. Walking Street was closed so had to haul luggage through one block, tough crossing 2nd Street. Otherwise, door-to-door service for 200 baht each way. Hard to beat.

I found the Bell Bus service to be really good - coach has a/c, and is comfortable enough. I suppose it really depends on whether there's a bus to match one's schedule. Also, they like to turn up really early if you book from a hotel in Pattaya or Bangkok.

The jury is still out whether to get a bus or take a taxi for me. After a 16 hour flight, I doubt if I'll want any hassle. I'll check my arrival times and see if anyone else is in the same boat, well plane actually.

Just booked the DD VIP bus for the end of month :)

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

Just booked the DD VIP bus for the end of month :)

Good for you. Very interesting.

Appreciate if you can share experience and hear your comment by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered in this thread, i wasnt able to find any clues to my questions.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a taxi from Radchadapisek to Pattaya (staying at the KtK residence).

Would it be best to catch a taxi from Radchadapisek straight thru to Pattaya, or maybe get a taxi to Sukhumvit first and then another taxi to Pattaya?

Thanks for any advice.

Been using [email protected] for 10 7rs good car, English, visa services, etc 66[0]863052258

Wine improves with age. The older I get the better I like it.

You only as old as the girl you feel.

In Pattaya, your her customer not her boyfriend.

• 2 weeks later...

Am heading from Bangkok to Pattaya next week, will the taxi meters allow you to drink in the cars? Or do you need a private car? If private anybody have any reliable numbers?

Please can someone tell me about buses from PTT to Koh Samui?

I go to Pattaya in 17, December, wait my friend a week, and we go to Samui by bus.

Can i book and buy ticket on PTT bus station for 1 week before bus start?

Can i book and buy it for my friend?

What type of bus better for long night trip - "1st class 40 seats" or "1st class 24 seats"?

Thanks!

ps sorry 4 my english:)

Hi, being a Newbie my first post is a simple question - can any member inform me of the approximate fare that I can expect to be charged from the airport to the Dynasty Inn Soi 4 in a metered taxi ?

1500 bhat................. they will ask you where you are going and give you the price at the rank before you are allocated a driver.

Edited by crossmyloof

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread, I've booked Mr T for my trip in November. Airport to Pattaya was 1000 baht, all confirmed same day I sent the email so all good so far. Will report back after the trip how it went.

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend Bell Travel Services. They operate an air-con luxury coach shuttle between Suvarnabhumi ( and BKK ) and Pattaya cost 200b.

At Pattaya they will drop off and pick up at your hotel.

They have never let me down. Even on 1 occasion when my flight was delayed, they got me on the next shuttle and were very understanding.

2011 Update – Transport from Airport to Pattaya

Here is my latest update (as of Maech 2011) for transport from Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya.

(1) Bell Bus Service

----------------

Daily departure time: 8:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 hours

Place : from Airport level 1 between Gate 7-8

Price : 200 baht

Review:

Excellent door to door (hotel) service. Bus will arrive at North Pattaya bus terminal in about 1.5 hours then a mini van will send you to door step of hotel lobby

Tips: book through their webpage www.belltravelservice.com for airport departure to secure your seat. In case you missed scheduled time they may arrange you in next departure, provide you catch the last bus 18:00 hours.

(2) Airport-Pattaya Bus Service

--------------------------------

Daily departure time: 7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00, 22:00 hours

Place : from airport level 1 between Gate 7-8 (near 8 and next to Bell Travel Service)

Price : 124 baht

Review:

This is alternative to Bell Bus operated by different company. They have extended service hour until 22:00 from airport. The bus will have three stop along Sukhumvit road at junction of (1)north pattaya, (2)central pattaya and (3)south pattaya) before ending at terminal station of Thappraya Road, Jomtien. You have to get taxi / motor taxi for further transfer to your hotel. The cost is additional 50-100 baht. More information at www.airportpattayabus.com

Tip:

Walk in only, no online booking available at moment.

For going hotels near walking street, especially at late night, suggest alight at terminal of Thappraya Road where apparent easier then alight at 3rd stop to get into your destination.

(3) Taxi Service

----------------

For late night arrival, taxi or private car is the only chose.

Review:

Taxi available 24 hours at walk-in rate between 1500-1800 baht from taxi stand at level 1. You may also pre-book your private taxi/car at minimum 1000 baht onwards.

Tips:

Search for the forum you will have plenty information of this and name/contact of various service provider. Choose one you preferred and send them email or call them.

THANKS mate for a comprehensive guide.

I can recommend Bell Travel Services air-con coach from new airport to Pattaya. Cost of 1 way trip is 200b.

Bell will also pick up / drop off at hotel usually by mini bus then to depot then transfer to big coach. You can book and / or pay in advance. They are very reliable.

Very good value for money as I am usually alone. If sharing then consider taxi.

They also have a pick up / drop off point in BKK but I have never used this.

http://www.belltravelservice.com