Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Transportation to Pattaya or elsewhere.

Braveheart

Hi, just wondering, i have just been reading the Pattaya mail and it says that the drive from BKK airport to pattaya is taking so long due to people fleeing the BKK floods, that it's actually quicker to take the slow train (31bt, 3.5hr).

I arrive in BKK on tuesday morning and need to get to pattaya asap so i was wondering if anyone that has made this trip in the last few days can either confirm or deny it's as bad as they are saying, and have they found a quicker alternative?

The news story is here...... http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/bangkok-floods-traffic-make-train-faster-than-cars-8074?ref=pmci

Thanks all

Gyro

I still reckon Mr T Taxi's drivers will be faster. Luckily I arrive in the evenings usually.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm staying at the Jasmine hotel in February, and will be using their BKK transfer service. 1,200 baht for pickup at BKK to the door of the Jasmine. Already booked and confirmed.

Some really informative posts and I'm thinking that I have been paying too much but then I see that the posts are 4 YEARS OLD. Maybe if the post become a little out of date some of them can be removed or at least undated. I can't save you any money on taxi service but for airline tickets I go to ASAP TICKETS. I got Captain Kirk pimping for Priceline over here and there is quit a difference in price between the 2 companies. I checked Old Blighty for Priceline but they don't list so I went to Kayak and compared and there was still about $200 difference. A lot better than saving 200-400 baht. For USA to LOS and back Priceline was around $2000 and ASAP was about $1000. This will be the 2nd time I use them. My flight last time was on Delta Airlines MSP to Narita and about 1 1/2 hours on the ground for a connecting flight then Narita to BKK. Zoom Zoom.

• 1 month later...

I don’t know why everyone says its 2-3 hours from Bangkok to Pattaya… in fact if there is minimal traffic and the bus is fast, it usually only takes an hour and 15 minutes in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

how much should a taxi from bangkok airport to pattaya cost roughly?

also, would a taxi cater for 6 plus luggage?

how much should a taxi from bangkok airport to pattaya cost roughly?

also, would a taxi cater for 6 plus luggage?

1000 - 1200 baht. If you pre book with Mr. T taxi or P.T.Taxi it cost 1000 baht all in, including tolls.

There is no way that a taxi can accommodate 6 passengers. You can book a mini bus for 1600 baht, but even then I would ask if the mini bus can accommodate 6 pax plus luggage, when booking your transportation.

• 1 month later...

Hiya, hey does anyone happen to know what time the buses run from Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya? I know you can catch one from the first floor but I land around 12:30am and dont really want to go into BKK this time. I know I could get a taxi but I'm on a budget this time so I have to be cheep charlie at least on travel :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, beware of the "Taxi" sign when you clear customs. Big scam. They are not a taxi but a luxury car service..... I ended up paying 2200 baht for a ride to Bangkok. Got ripped big time. Plan ahead or take regular taxi.......

Has anyone had any problems with MR. T taxi from the airport to Pattaya lately? I just order one for 3 days from now. Quoted 1,000naht inlcuding tolls, door 3 on arrival.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any problems with MR. T taxi from the airport to Pattaya lately? I just order one for 3 days from now. Quoted 1,000naht inlcuding tolls, door 3 on arrival.

I had no problems with Mr. T. The driver was waiting for me upon arrival with a sign. We left BKK airport about 1 a.m., and all of the toll gates were unmanned, so no tolls were paid.

I want to go from the airport to Sukhumwit soi 20-25 area.

Is it worth the trouble to take the train directly from the airport and then change to sub or monorail as Im tired of the taxihasling at the airport and the slow traffic in BKK?

What about Sukhumwit to Pattaya,Do Bell buses go from Sukhumwit as well?

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

• 4 weeks later...

Just arrived Bangkok from Manila late at night .. 0035 hrs PJ5.. At this time there is no need to take the train. I arrived my hotell, Tai Pan, on Sukhumwit 25 minutes after I hauled my ass in the car.. Toatal price 270 BHT. The driver who was an old guy floored the Toyota and went about 130-140 Km/H . No traffic at all. At day time I will consider the rail system..

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

• 1 month later...

hey all - was just wondering what's the easiest way to get from Don Muang Airport to Pattaya, and also from Pattaya to the Pattaya Utapao airport? does Mr T offer these routes? I've used his services to and from BKK and i think they are great!

• 2 weeks later...

Mr T is tops.

Used him every time and always there and competetive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Does Mr T supply mini buses and if so how much and does it include tolls and what other

companies supply also mini buses and price's thanks guys.

Hi Guys

Does Mr T supply mini buses and if so how much and does it include tolls and what other

companies supply also mini buses and price's thanks guys.

I haven't used Mr T before, but I believe he has mini buses. Why don't you send him an e-mail ask ask him?

I have used P.T.Taxi service for airport pick-up to Pattaya about a dozen times over the last few years with no problems. The price for the mini-bus for airport pick-up to Pattaya is 1600 baht, including all tolls. (Link to their website below)

http://www.pttaxiservice.com/

I booked pattayataxi247 minibus for my friends a few month ago cost 1600 bath included tolls way and I have private car again later to airport cost is 1000 bath (including) I have to flight soon any question you can contact her by [email protected] or call +66 (0) 85 4339293 or http://pattayataxi247.blogspot.com ,if you need long stay for condo then look at www.bcmicondoinvestment.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

I just booked a taxi from BKK airport to Pattaya thru MrT with excellent service. Just look at the webpage, make abokking and you get a reply with confirmation day after. Very profssional. I am schedule for Pattaya next month and will give you a full review later on...

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi folks

I just booked a taxi from BKK airport to Pattaya thru MrT with excellent service. Just look at the webpage, make abokking and you get a reply with confirmation day after. Very profssional. I am schedule for Pattaya next month and will give you a full review later on...

Cheers

Just curious - is it generally advisable to schedule taxi in advance or get one on-site at BKK?

Just curious - is it generally advisable to schedule taxi in advance or get one on-site at BKK?

I would advise booking your taxi in advance, especially if it's your first time flying into Suvarnabhumi Airport. There are all kinds of private (expensive) limo/taxi touts that will approach you & can be confusing trying to get to the official taxi rank. Plus I don't think the taxi's are any cheaper than the pre-booked taxis from Mr.T or P.T.Taxi (1000 baht).

If you decide to pre-book, you should give them several days notice just to be safe. They will usually confirm within 24 hrs. Information you need to supply include:

Name

Date

Time of arrival

Airline & Flight Number

Number of Passengers

Your Destination (Pattaya, Bangkok etc)

Your driver will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name in the arrival hall near door #3 (called the Meeting Point). This area is just past the final customs baggage check. There may be a lot of guys holding signs, so it may take a little while finding your name, so don't panic. Lol!

They will also give you a contact phone number. So if you have a Thai Sim card already, you can call them if you have any problems. I've used P.t.taxi service about a dozen times without any problems. Also, if you are not familiar with your hotel's location, it would be a good idea to have their address printed up & also a map if available. Some of the drivers don't know the areas very well.

Good luck!

I just got back from my first trip. I used Mr.T as many here suggested. I e-mailed them before hand and they were there at the airport waiting for me. Everything went perfectly well. On the way home I e-mailed them again. They were at my hotel right on time. I swear he got me from my hotel in downtown Patts to BKK airport in less than 1:20. We were nearly the fastest thing on the road. If I go back I will definitely use Mr.T.