IGNORED

Transportation to Pattaya or elsewhere.

Braveheart

I want to start a list that we can keep pinned here.

If anyone has other information that I can add to each individual service please feel free to post it in this thread and I will incorporate it into the main list. Information that I would like to have for all if available is email address, website, phone number, price, toll cost (if any or is it included in price), quality of service, quality of driving, reliability, will they bring things you ask for (beer, refreshments), do they speak English well, where they are based out of and any other information you think is pertinent. Thanks in advance for your help.

[email protected] Jan - highly recommended by many BMs, excellent service

[email protected] Mr Toom +6601-4827148, +6603-0178066 - another service which is well recommended by many BMs, Very good service with many different drivers available. Reliabilty has been questioned a by a couple of people but others swear by his service including myself. Suggest that if you have difficulty meeting up with your driver on arrival that you phone Mr Toom and get the number of the driver he has sent to meet you and you should be able to sort out any problems that way.

Thanks for the info. I'm on the way

:Grin_Jump1: I'll need to travel from Bangkok, (Nana Hotel) to Pattaya next month, a mate who is a regular LOS visiter, in fact he's there somewhere now , probably around Phuket; told me that a taxi is the simplest; but being a newbie and reading the various messages on the board I'm a bit wary about "rip offs", grateful for any advice

Being a newbie myself I am cautious because of conflicting postings.

Its kind of funny that you have one post, and your knocking my company. I think the other members here that use our service can attest to the promptness of our email replies as extremely quick, as well as 24hr. a day availability by phone. Not sure of your agenda, but feel free to email me and I'll be happy to provide a quote for you if you are indeed interested in our service, despite me not actually having ever received a message from you before.

I must support Mr.Dream here on two fronts;

I sent a transport request yesterday for me to arrive on 20/12 with a full service and I got a response within 24 hours. The second reason for me to support is that he is a respected member of this forum. An additional reason is that his business is featured on at least one respected hotel web site (The Vault).

I am exchanging e-mails with Mr.Dream to arrange his best service for my 20/12 arrival and I am sure he will work it out.

Got a quote from [email protected] back on Jun 18th 09 for my trip in Oct (yeah I know... I plan WAY ahead). While the initial response was quick, attempting to contact to confirm dates / times / flights etc... over the last 2 weeks have proven fruitless.

Not a good sign. Nothing like getting stiffed at the airport and wasting time hoping that someone shows up to pick you up.

Sent a request over to Mr. Dream Transport.

I checked out Mr. DT's website and reviewed the information on where to find the driver after leaving customs. Got a kick out of the following...

Once you have retrieved your luggage and cleared customs at BKK International (Suvarnabhumi) airport, you are going to look for the blue signs overhead referring to an area called "the meeting point". Proceed towards this area. Along the footpath you will start to notice several drivers with name cards & signs with their respective customers names on them. You are going to be heading towards the gate 3 exit area by the meeting point. If you see a driver by the gate 1 or 2 exits with a sign for you, these are not your drivers, so please keep proceeding towards the meeting point.

lol... are there really guys out there with your name on a sign that wouldn't be associated with the service you booked????

Edited by kckid

I used bell travel service. google it and you can find it 350 one way from bkk to pattaya

Request via email sent to Mr. DreamT on Mon 9/28/09 7:45 PM CST.

No response received...

Request via board PM sent to Mr. DreamT as an "FYI to check his email for service request" on Wed 9/30/09 09:33 AM CST.

No response received...

Another request via email sent to Mr. DreamT on Thu 10/01/09 9:42 PM CST.

No response as yet...

I'm about ready to give up and just get a taxi at the airport. Maybe it's just me, but it shouldn't be this hard to schedule a service with either Mr Taxi or Mr DreamT.

Sent a request over to Mr. Toom. Let's see how this one goes.

Edited by kckid

Its kind of funny that you have one post, and your knocking my company. I think the other members here that use our service can attest to the promptness of our email replies as extremely quick, as well as 24hr. a day availability by phone. Not sure of your agenda, but feel free to email me and I'll be happy to provide a quote for you if you are indeed interested in our service, despite me not actually having ever received a message from you before.

Count me as another one not getting a response from you. If you are not getting the emails, you may want to have someone take a look into why. I sent you 2 emails and 1 board message (which normally you would receive email notification of). I'm not saying you are ignoring requests, but they may be getting dropped somewhere along the way by something or someone.

P.T.

086-3921240,085-4449035

www.pttaxiservice.com

sent this guy an e mail,PT TAXIS,

super quick response,1000,baht,to pty,all in,great service.

Gave up on getting a response from Mr Taxi, Mr DreamTransport and Mr Toom, so I sent a request over to www.pttaxiservice.com and received an email response right away. Wow! Never realized that lining up a taxi from the airport to Pattaya was going to be that difficult. Could not schedule the return trip and was informed to request the return trip when the date was closer.

I'll post a review of the service was my trip is completed.

So far to date:

Mr Taxi - good initial response a couple of months ago, but re-confirming the trip resulted in no response for weeks.

Mr DreamTransport - no response to multiple emails and a board PM.

Mr Toom - no response to email, but I didn't wait that long for a response (maybe 2 days).

www.pttaxiservice.com - quick initial response, but could not schedule return trip 15 days out right then. Had to request return trip later.

Below is the contact info for a taxi company.

Englsh speaking and Western thinking businessman.

Easy to contact by e-m and cellphone.

Had lots of communication with him and used his service.

I can recommend it.

SC

===============================================================

Don't want to hassle with buying a phone after you arrive?

Would you like to know your Thai phone number weeks,

or months before your arrival?

Ask about our mobile phone sales and rentals & Thai sim cards!!!!

VISIT OUR WEBSITE

http://mrdreamtransport.page.tl/Home.htm

Mr.Dream Transport & Adventure Travel

email us @ [email protected]

Request via email sent to Mr. DreamT on Mon 9/28/09 7:45 PM CST.

No response received...

Request via board PM sent to Mr. DreamT as an "FYI to check his email for service request" on Wed 9/30/09 09:33 AM CST.

No response received...

Another request via email sent to Mr. DreamT on Thu 10/01/09 9:42 PM CST.

No response as yet...

I'm about ready to give up and just get a taxi at the airport. Maybe it's just me, but it shouldn't be this hard to schedule a service with either Mr Taxi or Mr DreamT.

Sent a request over to Mr. Toom. Let's see how this one goes.

Wow

I had nothing but good luck contacting Mr. Dream.

Just did some e-m with him today.

Odd - for you.

SC

Wow

I had nothing but good luck contacting Mr. Dream.

Just did some e-m with him today.

Odd - for you.

SC

Wow! You are a lucky one who could get in touch with him.

Thats your problem my friend. Mr.DreamT, is a dead account/old account for which I no longer recieve emails for. The name is there, but I don't get any notifications of pm's on the board for that account. Mr.Dream Transport is the one thats been active for the better part of the year, as well as the one I always post under now. If it comes down to an email reply direct to our email address, those are answered several times daily.

Sorry if you had any problems, as that was just an oversight i'm sure, hope that sorts things out and clarifies them for you though.

Count me as another one not getting a response from you. If you are not getting the emails, you may want to have someone take a look into why. I sent you 2 emails and 1 board message (which normally you would receive email notification of). I'm not saying you are ignoring requests, but they may be getting dropped somewhere along the way by something or someone.

I had replied to both of your emails the day they were recieved, but you keep sending me emails saying that you are not getting the response. I am not always on the board, as for the next week or so, I am often times very limited on the boards if I do have chances to get on, hence the request for direct emails.

So you might want to check your spam filter, because I am recieving your emails fine, but it looks like your not getting them from your end. Already replied to your pm though as well.

I think there are probably tons of people on here, that can attest for getting near immediate responsed via email, for the time frame in question. If you had a problem getting them, then I am sorry.

I check my spam box, as many times regular customer emails get diverted to spam mail. In your case, I know which emails your talking about, and I didn't understand why you didn't get the reply to the first one, could've been a blank email, the 2nd one I returned though should have reached you.

All of our customers can vouch they they get responses to emails quickly, as some have already said, so it might just be an err. As well, we have an auto-response that kicks out, for direct contact with us through phone, skype and yahoo, so every email thats sent to us, gets that auto response automatically, geared more specifically at shorter term bookings.

I'm sorry if some of you guys are having problems getting through to me, I will check and see what I can do to make sure everything is working right from my end. I've already sent test emails, and had friends send test emails, and everything seems to be working fine, but I will keep an eye on it, to make sure that nobody is forgotten.

Don't forget, we do also have a skype address we check daily, as well as the yahoo instant messenger, that we are on all the time, especially while checking mails. Thanks for helping point out some of the reasons why people might not have been getting through, and again, will work our best to make sure it doesn't affect future bookings. Thanks in advance for your time and patience. And KC, and Gryck, I have no hard feelings for you guys feeling the way you do, if it was an error that we could not control, that you had no idea of, then it was in no way your fault. So I don't want people to think that I am trying to make you guys out to be bad guys, as thats the last intentions I have.

If I do find that there was an error on my behalf, or if I did miss your emails, then both of you would be welcomed to a free pickup on my behalf. Thanks again for your understanding.

Edited by Mr.DreamTransport

I had replied to both of your emails the day they were recieved, but you keep sending me emails saying that you are not getting the response. I am not always on the board, as for the next week or so, I am often times very limited on the boards if I do have chances to get on, hence the request for direct emails.

So you might want to check your spam filter, because I am recieving your emails fine, but it looks like your not getting them from your end. Already replied to your pm though as well.

I think there are probably tons of people on here, that can attest for getting near immediate responsed via email, for the time frame in question. If you had a problem getting them, then I am sorry.

I check my spam box, as many times regular customer emails get diverted to spam mail. In your case, I know which emails your talking about, and I didn't understand why you didn't get the reply to the first one, could've been a blank email, the 2nd one I returned though should have reached you.

All of our customers can vouch they they get responses to emails quickly, as some have already said, so it might just be an err. As well, we have an auto-response that kicks out, for direct contact with us through phone, skype and yahoo, so every email thats sent to us, gets that auto response automatically, geared more specifically at shorter term bookings.

I'm sorry if some of you guys are having problems getting through to me, I will check and see what I can do to make sure everything is working right from my end. I've already sent test emails, and had friends send test emails, and everything seems to be working fine, but I will keep an eye on it, to make sure that nobody is forgotten.

Don't forget, we do also have a skype address we check daily, as well as the yahoo instant messenger, that we are on all the time, especially while checking mails. Thanks for helping point out some of the reasons why people might not have been getting through, and again, will work our best to make sure it doesn't affect future bookings. Thanks in advance for your time and patience. And KC, and Gryck, I have no hard feelings for you guys feeling the way you do, if it was an error that we could not control, that you had no idea of, then it was in no way your fault. So I don't want people to think that I am trying to make you guys out to be bad guys, as thats the last intentions I have.

If I do find that there was an error on my behalf, or if I did miss your emails, then both of you would be welcomed to a free pickup on my behalf. Thanks again for your understanding.

There is a chance that my email filters were deleting your responses automatically. I have disabled them and have sent another email to you to follow-up on this issue. Isn't technology a great thing.... ARGH! I'll let everyone know the results of the test. Like I stated earlier that I didn't think you were ignoring requests, but something was wrong that you may not be getting the requests. My filters were rather tight though.

I can tell you now it was my filters. @#%#$%^#$. I had a filter setup to delete anything with a "(" or ")" because I'd never thought a valid email would contain those characters in the subject line (freaking spam emails), but in fact my original subject line I sent out contained "(Oct 10th -> Oct 20th)". So I ended up screwing myself...

Totally my fault and I'll accept the responsibility for being a complete technical dumb arse.

Edited by kckid

KC, its no problem my friend. When I had my personal accounts, I deleted anything that went to spam, but with the mr.dream account, I started noticing that valid emails were coming to my spam box, sometimes even an email addy that went to the inbox before has found its way in there.

I'll be the first to admit, when I was first using this email, I am sure I probably deleted quite a few customers emails out of the spam box, as I had the filters set to minumum, and was sure all regular mail would get through, sometimes its hard to tell the spam from the legitimate mail. Sometimes I even have to check spam mail that looks like spam mail, as its still actually regular customers lol.

Email communication validated with Mr. Dream Transport. Funny how now after the filters were removed that communications are no longer and issue. Sorry but I've already committed with someone else or I would be heading your way. 1 day and I'm heading over that way. Thanks for helping sort this out.

I have just booked with Mr. Dream Transport. The two trips, Suvanabhumi to Pattaya, then the return, Pattaya to Suvanabhumi cost 1800 bhts in total. I paid via Paypal, and the whole deal was done via Skype with a very friendly American, whom I found most efficient. I even bought a Thai Prepaid SIM card and was immediately given the mobile number of this. The cost of this was 500 bht for 200 minutes, and I have arranged that this be sent to my home address post free. I already have a email receipt and of course the Paypal guarantee, in case of any problems. It was all very straighforward.

Just back from my latest trip to thai. As always it was to short and now waiting for the next 6 months to roll around again for the next trip. I normally get all my transport just when i am in thai but this time i used Mr. Dream transport for all my travelling between destinations and i cannot recommend his service highly enough. Starting from my pick up at the airport from his lovely wife and meeting the man himself where he gave me a few pointers on what was going down to all the other transfers i had, they were all excellent. All drivers and cars were first class and on time, so from now on i know i will be using the big mans transport from now on whenever i am in Thailand.

Depending on your time of arrival and how much you want to spend, there are a number of options for getting from Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya. A comfortable air-conditioned bus will get you straight from the airport to Pattaya for as little as 106 Baht whilst a public taxi will cost around 1,400 Baht (as of April 2008). Journey time is between 1.5 – 2 hours. Having just returned from a few days in Pattaya I thought it would be helpful to post the current situation.

Bus to Pattaya

When Suvarnabhumi first opened in September 2006, getting a bus to Pattaya meant going via the transportation centre or getting an airport bus to Mo Chit or Ekamai bus terminal. Fortunately, it is a lot easier now with direct services available from Bangkok airport to Pattaya.

Government Bus Service

From the arrivals hall on Level 2, go down to Level 1 and walk towards door number 8. There is a counter inside the building which will sell you a ticket on the air-conditioned government bus service to Pattaya. The fare is 106 Baht and the departure times are:

I haven’t yet taken this bus, but I asked at the counter and they told me it stops at all three bus stations in Pattaya: North Pattaya (Pattaya Nua), Central Pattaya (Sukhumvit Road) and Jomtien Beach where the service terminates.

Bell Transport Company

This is a private company who are part of Roong Reuang Coach Co. Ltd and run the service under license from the government. They seem to have a good reputation with the Pattaya expat crowd and I used them myself for my return trip from Pattaya to Bangkok airport. They don’t have an actual counter at Bangkok airport but you will see the sign with “Bell Travel Service” which is located on Level 1, door number 7 very close to the government bus counter. The fare is 150 Baht but I understand this includes drop-off (via mini-bus) to your hotel in Pattaya. Their buses depart from Bangkok airport to Pattaya at the following times:

Contact details

Bangkok Tel: 02 747 4673

Pattaya Tel: 038 370 0556

Email: [email protected]

Buses from the Public Transportation Centre

The Transportation Centre is approximately 10 minutes drive from the main terminal building. To get there take one of the regular free shuttle buses (white colour) from the allocated kerbside points on Level 1 (there is one just along from the Airport Express kiosk and another just opposite Bangkok airport’s best kept secret.) Some of the buses call at airport offices to set down or pick up airport staff. On arrival at the Transportation Centre head past the counters selling tickets for buses to destinations in Bangkok and continue towards the large 7-Eleven store. Just before 7-Eleven there is a kiosk for T.H.E. Transport Co. Ltd. This is who I used on my recent trip to Pattaya. The fare to Pattaya is 109 Baht with large comfortable buses which are air-conditioned and have a toilet on board.

Departure times:

The bus I took was the 11.00 which took 1 hour 45 minutes to reach the North Pattaya bus terminal where the service terminates. From the bus terminal a shared songthaew to central or south Pattaya is 20 Baht. One thing that impressed me this time on arrival at Pattaya bus station was the presence of tourist information staff (easily spotted in blue polo shirts) offering genuine and helpful advice to new arrivals at the bus terminal.

Public Taxi to Pattaya

The public taxi counter at Bangkok airport is located on Level 2 (the same level as arrivals). The counter is actually just a small desk set up on the kerbside just outside of the terminal building. Join the queue and when you reach the desk you will be asked where you want to go. The person at the counter will then write out a ticket, hand it to you and allocate your taxi. This ticket will have the price of your fare written down because it is a set fare to Pattaya and is not charged on the meter. You do not hand over money to the person at the counter; instead you pay the driver on arrival in Pattaya. The last time I used a public taxi from Bangkok airport to Pattaya was in July 2007 and the price was 1,300 Baht (including expressway tolls) but I’m advised by Pattaya regulars that the current price as of April 2008 is 1,400 Baht.

As the taxi drivers are Bangkok-based they may have limited knowledge of Pattaya’s streets and hotels, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself stopping at a service station in Pattaya whilst the driver asks for directions to your hotel.

AOT Limousine Service

An official AOT (Airports of Thailand) limousine service to Pattaya will set you back around 3,000 – 3.500 Baht. Kiosks are available from inside the terminal building near baggage reclaim and again as you enter the arrivals hall.

Unlicensed Taxis

Despite occasional clampdowns by airport authorities, there are still large numbers of taxi touts inside the arrivals hall so be prepared to be approached by somebody offering you a taxi service. My advice is to just ignore them and make your way outside to the official taxi counter or use the bus services mentioned above.

• 2 weeks later...

@ alanh, thank man, very usefull info, I arrive on the EVA flight out of amsterdam on the 2nd of december, scheduled for 5.20, so I'm hoping to catch the 6.45 governement bus. First time I skipped bangkok and took a bus, budget reasons. Do you know that if I miss the 6.45 there's a chance I could get on the Bell bus without a reservation? or are those always booked solid?

Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed.

For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before.

So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.

Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

reeves.jpg

Yep cheers alanh, that is a very useful post, especially since I've found this sort of info hard to come by, despite my best efforts in searching