Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Transportation to Pattaya or elsewhere.

Braveheart

I just emailed her. [email protected]

Is a pre arranged pickup the best way to go from BKK airport to Pattaya? Arriving on Malaysian Airlines if that helps with the airport.

Edited by kahoy

I used Nam on a recent triip and very happy I did. It was the most pleasent ride I have ever had from BKK. Great driver and an even better girl. Highly recomend Nam.

Just give her your information, Name , arrival time and date, airline and flight number. If you have a Thai phone number I would give that also.

Edited by simguy_jp

No matter which airline, she will probably tell you after you exit customs, to go to exit door 3 where there is a "Meeting Point"

She will intercept you close to there with a sign with your name on it.

As the previous poster said, if you have a Thai sim, put it in your phone and switch it on.

If you ask her her number when booking, and give her yours, that will allow you to contact her, or her to contact you if there is any confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

what price is a taxi from bkk airport to soi 20 bkk ?

About 300 bt.

No need to pre book that, just take a meter taxi at the official stand outside..

thanks .

• 2 weeks later...

So its about 300 BHT from BKK to Pattaya? Still doing research will do my trip to BKK in Feb and would love to spend a few days at Pattaya.

So its about 300 BHT from BKK to Pattaya? Still doing research will do my trip to BKK in Feb and would love to spend a few days at Pattaya.

Airport to BANGKOK SOI20 not Pattaya!!!!!!

Some misunderstanding maybe...

The 300 I quoted abouve was in reponse to a question about the price with a meter Taxi from airport to Sukhumvit Soi20 in BKK.

The airport bus is the cheapest way to get to Pattaya, but takes longer then taxi, and you need to wait until it leaves. Last bus leaves I think some time well before last plane arrives.

Taxis can be meter Taxi, not the cheapest, Airport official Limo, very expensive I understand, and a variety of pre booked taxi busineses, discussed on this thread and elsewhere.

These pre-booked taxis range from 1000 to about 1500 bt.

The differences can be car size, choice of specific driver, and vary depending on whether a driver expects you to pay tolls or not, and expects a tip at the end of the trip.

The cheaper of these are usually random choices made on basis of who happens to be available at the airport for a pick-up having just delivered a passenger.

Some people prefer a specific driver who comes recommended for safe driving, many have in the past complained on this board about super fast and risky driving by random drivers. Some prefer a female driver, some prefer a larger car.

I have been driven a few times by wild cowboys, that had me sitting on the edge of my seat, holding on for dear life.

I have been "traded" on a dark layby of the motorway in the middle of the night to a different taxi, no licence showing, no way to resist it.

I now prefer to pay a little more to someone who comes recommended, and who drives safely. Paying an extra hundred or two hundred baht for piece of mind doesn't worry me....

And, she is cute and speaks English..

Many BKK based drivers, including the meter taxis, do not always know their way around Pattaya or Jomtien, I spent an extra half hour one late night with one who couldn't find my hotel, very frustrating, even more so for this who don't speak Thai.

My favourite driver has her own GPS and so far always dropped me on the right spot, even if it was unusual.

But if you want a specific driver, they may not have a matching passenger going in the opposite direction, and a one way pick up is of course more expensive for the driver then a two way passenger, simple economics.

Most meter taxis seem to be Toyota Vios or similar size, and run on gas. The gas tank in the boot takes up much boot (trunk) space, and allows for lees luggage. This means most of these cars can only carry two passengers if they have average luggage. The front seat is then usually taken up by luggage. The back seat a bit small for three average sized farang.

Now, did I forget anything, or does this cover it?

• 2 weeks later...

You forgot to say Nam is a cutie pie...   But I am very biased.  

Guys thanks for all the suggestions, saved me a lot of searching and will book via the advice here. cheers roll on 15th January

I need to get to kom phaeng pet from pattaya.

What is the best option? Is there a direct bus from pattaya?

Cheera

Another good reason to use Mr T Taxi.

Arriving today 30 Dec around 2pm. The roads around town are thickening up. My driver diverts alongside the railway line until he gets to the soi leading on to Theppasit Road

And a breezy run in to my hotel.

Others would turn in North Pattaya and slog thru the traffic for 30 mins or so.

local street knowledge has been handy on several busy arrivals...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is tip to keep traveling costs low to Pattaya. If traveling from Bangkok DMK Don Muang airport to Pattaya; take the yellow A2 bus outside "arrivals" to Victory Monument for 30 baht. Then take the mini-van to Pattaya for 100 baht. The mini-van ticket booth is located under the BTS, no signs in English. If you are at the traffic circle facing Victory Mall, go right about 100m until you are under the BTS. There are about 4 or 5 small desks selling minivan tickets, the desk at the right side is for Pattaya, a pink ticket.  Costs are current as at 21 Feb. 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Always one to go for the under dog... just e-mailed P.T. Taxi. Got a response within 20 minutes saying they can do a late pickup for me on Friday (22:30).

1000 inc tolls to Soi Lengkee. I only have one bag, and my laptop, so I'll let everyone know how it goes. If they are any good, they could find themselves doing 4 or 5 runs back and forth to BKK over the next 3 weeks!

Mooyai!

You can contact her for booking or more information on [email protected]

Trying to email her but the email keeps coming back undelivered.  Has she gone out of business.

Edited by electoff

Trying to email her but the email keeps coming back undelivered.  Has she gone out of business.

Still in business. Check the address you used. maybe you mixed an M & N around.

No problem at all with P.T. Taxi.

The driver who picked me up, Nuttawat, even apologised for being late... even though he was technically 10 minutes early! (My flight landed early, and immigration took literally minutes! I was at the proverbial "exit 3 meeting point" by 10pm. He turned up at 10:20pm. (Booked for 10:30pm)

Spoke a little bit of English, drove safely and steadily, and was polite. I paid 1000 Baht, and gave him 100 tip.

MooYai.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone planning to arrive in Thailand heading to Pattaya in mid April:

Try to avoid arriving on April 16-19 if you can. If not yet booked, and you have to arrive those days, try arrive early morning, like 6.00 or 7.00, that might have you arrive in Pattaya before the worst of the traffic Jams. Most of the afternoons those days everything will be gridlocked, due to road closures, water, cowboys on pickup trucks from all over the country, especially BKK circling around Pattaya mainstreets spraying water.

If you leave the airport anytime after 11.00, count on at least an hour delar when arriving in

Pattaya.

On the last day, 19 April, it will be at its worst. And in places continue until after dark, maybe until midnight.

The roadworks on Sukhumvit at Klang will make it worse then last year.

Some taxis at airport may refuse to go near Pattaya, because it costs cabbies money to be stuck in traffic idling for hours.

If poss, avoid arriving on April 19

I used Nam on a recent triip and very happy I did. It was the most pleasent ride I have ever had from BKK. Great driver and an even better girl. Highly recomend Nam.

Just give her your information, Name , arrival time and date, airline and flight number. If you have a Thai phone number I would give that also.

I agree used her taxi service to and from Pattaya on my recent trip.  Best trip ever.  Very safe driver.  Very nice young lady.  Definitely recommend her.

Edited by electoff

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the weirdest email .. 5 mins after confirming a driver would meet me at Swampy on 19th at 8am, I got this ..

Hi,

Sorry.

Cannot help on the 19th April.
Pattaya is "closed" due to the water festival.

Regards
taxitopattaya.net

I looked on the website, and it does say that taxis "cannot get into or out" on 18th and 19th...

I just had the weirdest email .. 5 mins after confirming a driver would meet me at Swampy on 19th at 8am, I got this ..

Hi,

Sorry.

Cannot help on the 19th April.

Pattaya is "closed" due to the water festival.

Regards

taxitopattaya.net

I looked on the website, and it does say that taxis "cannot get into or out" on 18th and 19th...

I know that my taxi driver, Nam, had originally decided she was not going to drive over Songkran, because of bad traffic. But she changed her mind, and is doing some work. You can give her a try. She has a job very early morning that day, but might be able to get back to the airport around 8.30 to pick you up.

Email her to [email protected], give her your name, flight number and your hotel in Pattaya.

Good luck.