IGNORED

Transportation to Pattaya or elsewhere.

Braveheart

On 3/17/2018 at 17:27, BMOC said:

I've tried all the lady owned car services running out of Pattaya and looks like they are all taking time off during Songkran.  Any suggestions on reliable van service going from Pattaya to Bangkok during Songkran (April 19 in particular).  Need a van cause there are four (all guys) of us with luggage.

You could try The limopattaya.com but on your date you might still struggle. Maybe offer them double the normal fare. With four guys it should still be quite cheap for you

On 17/03/2018 at 17:27, BMOC said:

I've tried all the lady owned car services running out of Pattaya and looks like they are all taking time off during Songkran.  Any suggestions on reliable van service going from Pattaya to Bangkok during Songkran (April 19 in particular).  Need a van cause there are four (all guys) of us with luggage.

Although not a lady, never been let down by Mr Toom in 10 years (see post #1)

On 3/31/2018 at 06:36, neilri2001 said:

You could try The limopattaya.com but on your date you might still struggle. Maybe offer them double the normal fare. With four guys it should still be quite cheap for you

On 3/31/2018 at 06:42, zilly said:

Although not a lady, never been let down by Mr Toom in 10 years (see post #1)

Thanks for all the advice.  Yes, prices are doubled.  Found out Beach Road is closed on April 19 for festivities.  In addition, they wanted us to leave at 6am and that is a bit too early for us especially if we were just going to Bangkok... but my friends and I decided to stay one more day rather than staying the one extra night in Bangkok before we return home.  I guess we will participate in the craziness that is Songkran on Beach Road...

• 3 months later...
On 8/22/2008 at 19:39, gammonplayer said:

In the past I have used this service:

http://www.thelimopattaya.com/

Reliable & price always seemed reasonable for quality of service

Gammon

My 2 buddies and I have done the P.I. but our first trip to Pattaya arriving Aug 9th. Took your advice and am booking our transportation with The Limo now. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Anyone have updated prices and Who to hire from airport to pattaya? What is the prices taxi compared to the private? 

Nam's Taxi is still 1200 baht either way, lady drivers only.

Booking by email:    [email protected]

Usually prompt reply with detailed information. Been like that for four years now.

Official taxis from line outside the terminal are likely to cost more (approx 1500 bt), and often are BKK based, which means they may not always know the roads around Pattaya, or the location of your hotel.

13 minutes ago, Encora said:

Usually prompt reply with detailed information. Been like that for four years now.

Official taxis from line outside the terminal are likely to cost more (approx 1500 bt), and often are BKK based, which means they may not always know the roads around Pattaya, or the location of your hotel.

Thank you, i will try nam next time :)

Mr.T raised his price from BKK to a hotel in Pattaya from 1000 to 1100B.

Not sure why, because Thai Bhat has gone up at least 30 against Canadian $ in the past 10yrs. I assume the same against other currencies.

19 hours ago, Rex1975 said:

Mr.T raised his price from BKK to a hotel in Pattaya from 1000 to 1100B.

Not sure why, because Thai Bhat has gone up at least 30 against Canadian $ in the past 10yrs. I assume the same against other currencies.

Well his airport fare is the same B1,000. And you can't get to BKK from the airport for B100. And it's often a shit drive in terrible traffic. Count yourself lucky it's only 100 more. 

• 2 months later...

Nam’s Taxi is the way to go for me.  Organized, clean cars, nice drivers, and good value for money.  

BKK to Pattaya is a good trip with Nam’s. 

Since i started to visit Pattaya, every time except one i used PT Taxi Service ( https://pttaxiservice.com/) and i never had any problem. Fares are good, same with the cars, drivers ok too. Always on time also. One time, arriving at the airport from Pattaya, i forgot a small bag with my money, inside the car and, 2 minutes later, still on my way to check-in, the driver was there, giving back t to me.

• 1 month later...

Quick question gents - google says the trip from Pattaya to UTP is about 50 minutes - is this a fair estimation?  

Any horror stories for the trip?  Would allowing 1hr 15 be conservative enough?

5 hours ago, jqmitch said:

Quick question gents - google says the trip from Pattaya to UTP is about 50 minutes - is this a fair estimation?  

Yes. I have done the journey several times, each direction. 45-50 minutes from/to my hotel near the Dolphin roundabout (Terminal 21). My flights have been Chiang Mai and Koh Samui/Phuket.

Would allowing 1hr 15 be conservative enough?

Yes. UTP has a newish terminal. Queues and wait times are short.

6 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

:Agree1:

About 40 minutes from Jomtien.

I have used UTP 3 times, check-in max. 5 minutes.

I've used Mr Ts on previous trips from Suvarnabhumi airport to Jomtien. I can't remember if it was 1100 or 1200 Baht last year.

I've booked Nam's Taxi for next week, which is 1300 Baht.

I get the Airport bus on return trip from Jomtien to airport as my condo is only a few minutes walk from bus station. 

19 hours ago, jqmitch said:

Any horror stories for the trip?  Would allowing 1hr 15 be conservative enough?

Went there early morning last month, no traffic and took about 40 minutes.

When I returned, made the misstate and took the 150 baht van/bus that made stop on the way to Pattaya and then once in Pattaya, got handed off to a minivan.

The return trip took 2 plus hours.

As they say live and learn, next time will prearrange pickup or use a private taxi from UTP.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 26/08/2019 at 02:25, Encora said:

Which of course only matters if you don't as well :P

• 1 year later...

I'm flying down to Swampy from Chiang Mai next week, and was delighted to see that the Roong Reuang airport-bus is running again FWIW, four daily in each direction according to their website. :)

They had been suspended, last time I looked, back in January.  So this is one small sign, of more-normal life returning !

https://airportpattayabus.com/from-suvarnabhumi-airport/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The website now reports five times daily, in each direction  ...  slow but steady improvement !  :)

https://airportpattayabus.com/from-suvarnabhumi-airport/

https://airportpattayabus.com/from-pattaya/

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking my return-bus, from Jomtien to Swampy, it's now seven times daily each-way for B130, pretty-much back-to-normal !  :)

But no sign yet, of the Bell-bus minibus-pickup/dropoff resuming.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Roong Reung say they expect to restart from 1st July, with three-daily each way, once again.

Times are currently 10.00, 13.00 & 17.00 from Swampy & 9.00, 12.00 & 16.00 from Jomtien.

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, 1tooth said:

Does anyone know the price of bolt from Walking Street to phyathai sriracha hospital?

฿ 300

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on the current Roong Reung schedule from Swampy to Pattaya?

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, wanted to use Nam's Taxi to go from Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya next month.

However, their website just mentions transport from Suvarnabhumi Airport [ BKK ] to pattaya and has no mention of the cost/availibility of their service from Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya. Anybody here has used Nam's Taxi from Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya ?