IGNORED

Best Breakfast

sexy beast

Shennagans best brakfast in pattaya 150bht and you have the mother of all breakfasts you wont have nothing all day after go see simon the manager he is a great bloke

I can only agree to that,one of the girls there used to work in the Jameson before wich is also a very nice place to eat.

Jameson also have a special menu everyday.You can find the Jameson in the streat opposit Soi 6 if you are on second road

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daveo

• BARHOPPER

• bullseye

• Mr Unix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is something in Soi 6, located on the right side when coming from the sea. It's not cheap, but it's very tasty.

The last time I was in Soi 6 I had something very tasty. Luvvly Minge Pie. :D

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Pig an Whistle wins hands down, good quality, good service what more can you want found this place and dined there everyday with mates and the girls.

My 3 usual breakfast haunts when in Pattaya are:

1) - Palmers

2) - Mulligans

3) - Lewinski's

All great full englsh breakfasts. I think I will have to try the pig and whistle because I have heard good reports about the place. I had a sunday lunch there last Summer which myself and my wife though was very good.

Man...what about pancakes...with syrup!

Excellent, if you mean proper pancakes with Lyle's Golden Syrup.

I suspect, however, you're referring to those crap drop scones with that maple shite on them, which are about as appetising as a LB's scabby helmet.

Pig an Whistle wins hands down, good quality, good service what more can you want found this place and dined there everyday with mates and the girls.

I concur wholeheartedly; if you haven't tried it, go for the fish and chips, which is simply out of this world and so big even a fat bastard will have a sweat on near to completion.

Edited by RedSam2007

Excellent, if you mean proper pancakes with Lyle's Golden Syrup.

I suspect, however, you're referring to those crap drop scones with that maple shite on them, which are about as appetising as a LB's scabby helmet.

I concur wholeheartedly; if you haven't tried it, go for the fish and chips, which is simply out of this world and so big even a fat bastard will have a sweat on near to completion.

not saying the food is bad in pig and whistle but went in there one day and was treated like a dog would never eat there again i just go rosie o,gradys next to it just as good.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know a good place for a champagne breakfast? :D

I used to go to high priced hotels for big, expensive, overpriced Buffets (700-1000 Baht).

I finally realized it was not worth the money , especially since they are not of the quality I am used to back in the states.

I hate Starbucks- the coffee is too strong,way overpriced and the Danish are always stale and dried out.

I have tried those english breakfasts in various restaurants but do not like the taste of the ham, bacon, or sausage from england.

I finally ended up at TOPPS Food store for my early morning breakfast.

I can get some fresh fruit, Fresh baked danish (Big selection) from the bakery, a container of Fresh squeezed OJ, or milk for about 100 Baht.

I can relax in a totally airconditioned place, get on the internet and make my phone calls, and finally go shopping for anything I might need for the day.

Sportmen Inn on Soi 13 does a fantastic breakfast.

I also like the Continental Bakery on Soi Excite , little cheaper also.

• 2 weeks later...
i did the pig and whistle and the one next door for breakfast and found both to be fairly good, a better i found was a small brit bar about the 3rd one in on the right up soi 7 from beach road, really nice full english but not too much to spoil the day.

lol, i was trying to think of the name of that place, i found there on my last trip and discovered ALL the english food was top drawer, breakfast, dinner, and tea all excellent and very competetive i price.

Without a family a rich man is very poor

for a full english the cantebury tales was exellent nice toast for me makes all the diffrence

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

I like breakfast and so will kick in a comment or few:

When I visit LOS my venerable companion and Pattaya resident Sir Jack and I are the culinary odd couple, the mates equivalent of Mr and Mrs Jack Spratt in our culinary tastes in that he will eat no Thai and I no Falang food. So my report on breakfast, sadly, thought I reside in UK doesnt include much recommendation of the traditional 'fry-up though some of them do look tempting.... I must make a beeline for Canterbury Tales as its in my locality when I stay there in May and the 'caff' food sounds great...

Sir Jack's haunts include the well mentioned Pig & Whistle (I did once eat cheese sandwich and soup there when I had the 3 day Thai stomach bug...) Rosie O'Grady's, the late 'Fawlty Towers' , the Seaside, and various similar establishments but I prefer some variety for breakfast, though my Pattaya Teelak who singularly refuses to eat falang food (unless it's KFC - yuck!!) generally dominates the late breakfast scene. I rise early so used to take the excellent buffet alone at Areca Lodge but took me weeks to get her to try it, or even get up before 10am, when she actually then found their Thai food ok.

I have to agree with Whitespider on 'Googies bar & Restuarant' newly doubled in size in late 07, in Soi Day Night, and often eat there for breakfast choosing smoked salmon and eggs and fried potatoes with thick Irish style bread and butter. and yes Googies is a bit 'gay' as is my good friend Googie himself but he's an excellent businessman and was my introducer to the Pattaya Rotary and ExPats club etc... if you do not mind his fleet of 'boys' mincing about politely but camply it shouldnt put you off his excellent food. I have never tried the HUGE Irish breakfast but the food there, tho not too cheap is very good quality.

Teelac likes the Thai 'salad' and soups at 'Nong Jai' open air eatery on 2nd Road in Thip Plaza (near the rear of Mikes next to the DHL cabin, near to 2nd rd end of Soi Diana)...also great at night for Thai food.... and we go often up 2nd road by bus to to Domicil, a Swiss restaurant near the 2nd road corner of Soi 7 where I eat their excellent omlettes with swiss cheese.

Near Googies (opposite Sir Jack's CenterCondo residence) further down Soi Day Night and round by the Flamingo hotel is the excellent 'Grottino' bakery and cafe where bread, croisssants, swiss omlettes and swiss/german breaksfasts can be had with superb coffee... a sister business to the lovely Grottino hotel and restaurant in BK's Soi 19 run by my good friend Daniel Winkler. Again, mentioned before, for bakery pastry breakfasts try the great little Continental croissant bakery in Soi X-Zyte just up from Soi Buakhow.

Follow my dark tinged 'tweets' on Twitter on Agent 09 Twitter or find me on FACEBOOK as 'Serious Black' (Agent 09), Check out one  of my themed TR 'mini novels' here: 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/15739-seven-of-oh-nine-7-day-cycles-in-the-bangkok-continuum/  Seven of Oh Nine - my Bangkok adventures in a 7 day period, several instalments 

Near Googies (opposite Sir Jack's CenterCondo residence) further down Soi Day Night and round by the Flamingo Hotel is the excellent 'Grottino' bakery and cafe where bread, croisssants, swiss omlettes and swiss/german breaksfasts can be had with superb coffee... a sister business to the lovely Grottino hotel and restaurant in BK's Soi 19 run by my good friend Daniel Winkler. Again, mentioned before, for bakery pastry breakfasts try the great little Continental croissant bakery in Soi X-Zyte just up from Soi Buakhow.

Thanks for that. As their website is down since months (http://www.swissbakery.com/), I thought the Grottino bakery wouldn't exist anymore. I tried some of their products a few years ago while staying at Grottino and loved it.

If I fancy an English breakfast when I'm in PTY, which isn't that often. I like The Butchers Arms on Soi Bhukhao.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I love the breakfast buffet, at the Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa and seeing they moved my cigar shop outside on 2nd street, I get my cigar and head straight to the Wild chicken for a cold one and work on the Hang-over

:Beer:

I have tried those english breakfasts in various restaurants but do not like the taste of the ham, bacon, or sausage from england.

The stuff they use over there doesn't come from England. :10of10Score:

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Another vote for Crazy Dave's in Soi Chaiyapoon.

Baked beans, toast, bacon, sausage, tomato, 2 eggs and jam for 65 baht all day.

love breakfast , especially in patts...one of those things that i can only do in patts...breakfast at 1 pm :D used to hit the hotel buffet circuit and personally i think the buffet breakfast in most of the top thai hotel especially in bkk and to a certain extent in patts is pretty decent and comparable to anything you might get anywhere in the states or europe .I like thai food so its really nice to have that option during breakfast .

One of my buddies introduced me to the buffet at Apex and for the money it can't be beat.I don't know of anywhere else in the world that gets you that range of food at a little over three bucks ! And hand over heart,its not the ritz quality but i'll say its nice enough. I like to make a nice sandwich with the eggs,fries,bacon,salds and cold cuts with a glass of milk and thats my money back right there :)

Its also quite peaceful in the morning in an odd sort of way especially if you sit near the pool.All in a good shout for breakfast.

• 3 weeks later...
WHERE IS CRAZY DAVES

Soi Chompoon, walk down soi Dianna past Areca Lodge On your right away from 2nd road) get to end of street turn left then turn first right.

Its about 4o yards down on left, Fools and Horses will be playing and he will be around swearing at someone or something, great breakfast

I stayed in the Lek Villa and the breakfast there was very good.

Best breakfast in pattaya is without doubt at the Bull & Butcher on soi bachou full monte for 100 baht so the price is good as well & the service.

I AM A NORMAL GUY TOO SOFT WITH THE BG.s ... I LOOK 20 YEARS YOUNGER THAN I AM PEOPLE TELL ME ....BLOODY LIARS. LUV PATTAYA.