IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

9 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Davidge I see that Everton play the swans on Monday 18th December at Goodison Park.  It's an 8pm kick off.  I'll be in Thailand when the game is being played.  I normally watch the Everton games when I am in Pattaya but this game will be kicking off at 3am thai time.  In the past when I have been in Pattaya when Everton games that have kicked off at 3am but the way Everton are playing at the moment I might give this game a miss

I'm gonna be in patts myself and i don't think I will be waiting around to watch everton at 3 am, I stayed up late a few years ago to watch us play in the derby fame and we got beat 5-0 , try getting back to sleep after that,lol.

Moshiri questions to answered it seems

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41878954

Looking bad for Everton fans as the bookies red hot favourite is now Fat Sam. Sky bet1/5 and Betfair 1/7.

The idea thrown around a couple of days ago, Hiddinck as a firefighter until the end of the season and the Toffees actively looking for a a new guy to take over next summer would give them breathing space and a far better chance of having more potential candidates they want than are around now.

The Fat one has already said he wants a long contract and be able to bring in hoards of his own chosen back room staff and even following that his odds have shortened.

And now it seems Moyes is off to West Ham, would you Toffees prefer to have him back instead of the Fat One ?

The problem for Everton is a top manager with proven winning credentials doesn't want to go to a club fearing relegation unless they get a shit load of money for themselves and a huge guaranteed transfer budget for January.

It could be worse though Mad Billy Davies is still job hunting and the wolf fighting deranged PE teacher Pearson is, surprisingly, employed elsewhere.

Look on the bright side.

Interestings times at Everton.  

There is now an international break so one would think that a new manager will be installed before our next premier league game

Everton 3-2 Watford | The Final Word

8 hours ago, Gosh said:

Moshiri questions to answered it seems

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41878954

Looking bad for Everton fans as the bookies red hot favourite is now Fat Sam. Sky bet1/5 and Betfair 1/7.

The idea thrown around a couple of days ago, Hiddinck as a firefighter until the end of the season and the Toffees actively looking for a a new guy to take over next summer would give them breathing space and a far better chance of having more potential candidates they want than are around now.

The Fat one has already said he wants a long contract and be able to bring in hoards of his own chosen back room staff and even following that his odds have shortened.

And now it seems Moyes is off to West Ham, would you Toffees prefer to have him back instead of the Fat One ?

The problem for Everton is a top manager with proven winning credentials doesn't want to go to a club fearing relegation unless they get a shit load of money for themselves and a huge guaranteed transfer budget for January.

It could be worse though Mad Billy Davies is still job hunting and the wolf fighting deranged PE teacher Pearson is, surprisingly, employed elsewhere.

Look on the bright side.

My opinion on Sam is that he is a decent manager. At least as decent as you are going to get at short notice. Biggest problem with sacking a manager mid-term is the applicant pool is very limited, and limited to guys who, for one reason or another, are unemployed currently. Its rare to be able to prise a top guy away from a top club if they are still under contract. Ancelloti is probably the only real top guy currently available but he will have options if he waits and he knows it.

As I said I actually think Sam is a decent manager but thats not the point. The point is the perception it gives hiring Sam half way. Everyone assumes, rightly or wrongly, that it is a hiring solely to avoid relegation so by the same token they perceive it as unlikely to be the long term plan. I would not criticise any board for doing everything they can to avoid relegation but the board and fans (in general) have different ideas and aspirations. Everton fans want a top man - the suits probably understand that is highly unlikely.

There is a similar battle of opinion at my club (Arsenal). Half want Wenger out and half want him to stay because we know (yes i am in the stay camp) the chances of recruiting someone better are very very small - especially mid-season. My solution is to move him upstairs (end of season), give him a REAL role not these silly ambassador roles and give him a say in his successor.

Anyway - back to being a Toffee thread, sorry for the slight hijack. As i said before we NEED the likes of Everton in the prem' so i do hope they get it sorted out.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

1 hour ago, whitespider said:

My opinion on Sam is that he is a decent manager. At least as decent as you are going to get at short notice. Biggest problem with sacking a manager mid-term is the applicant pool is very limited, and limited to guys who, for one reason or another, are unemployed currently. Its rare to be able to prise a top guy away from a top club if they are still under contract. Ancelloti is probably the only real top guy currently available but he will have options if he waits and he knows it.

As I said I actually think Sam is a decent manager but thats not the point. The point is the perception it gives hiring Sam half way. Everyone assumes, rightly or wrongly, that it is a hiring solely to avoid relegation so by the same token they perceive it as unlikely to be the long term plan. I would not criticise any board for doing everything they can to avoid relegation but the board and fans (in general) have different ideas and aspirations. Everton fans want a top man - the suits probably understand that is highly unlikely.

There is a similar battle of opinion at my club (Arsenal). Half want Wenger out and half want him to stay because we know (yes i am in the stay camp) the chances of recruiting someone better are very very small - especially mid-season. My solution is to move him upstairs (end of season), give him a REAL role not these silly Ambassador roles and give him a say in his successor.

Anyway - back to being a Toffee thread, sorry for the slight hijack. As i said before we NEED the likes of Everton in the prem' so i do hope they get it sorted out.

whitespider it just wouldnt be the same if we wernt in the top flight.  We've spent more season's in the top flight than any other team.  Since the league was formed in 1888 we've only spent 4 seasons outside the top flight.

So we need to stay in the top flight.  And thinking positively we will still be in the top flight next season :P:D:)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blue1878 said:

whitespider it just wouldnt be the same if we wernt in the top flight.  We've spent more season's in the top flight than any other team.  Since the league was formed in 1888 we've only spent 4 seasons outside the top flight.

So we need to stay in the top flight.  And thinking positively we will still be in the top flight next season :P:D:)

I think most of us agree with you. Maybe not one mob but then again even they would dip out (no pun intended) if you went down.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

2 hours ago, whitespider said:

Wind up merchant 555

that one was like shooting fish in a barrel

Latest tabloid gossip is that owner wants Diego Simeone. Things not going well at Atletico but would be a bit of an odd move for him?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Latest tabloid gossip is that owner wants Diego Simeone. Things not going well at Atletico but would be a bit of an odd move for him?

Until we announce a new manager there will be plenty of gossip

10 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Until we announce a new manager there will be plenty of gossip

I imagine most Evertonians would prefer Simeone to the Allardyce/Shakespeare partnership suggested in other papers.

:D 

Ive not yet met an Evetonian who wants Allardyce as manager

18 hours ago, whitespider said:

There is a similar battle of opinion at my club (Arsenal). Half want Wenger out and half want him to stay because we know (yes i am in the stay camp) the chances of recruiting someone better are very very small - especially mid-season. My solution is to move him upstairs (end of season), give him a REAL role not these silly Ambassador roles and give him a say in his successor.

Fat Sam is the 98 baht Retox breakfast to my way of thinking. Nobody could seriously say it was excellent but it does the basic job of occupying space in the stomach. It stops you feeling hungry and Fat Sam will stop you going down.

However, and the toffees fans can sing Joy to the World, it seems FS is demanding a long term contract and that's not on offer. Bet my socks that's because Moshiri & Wainwright know they will want to upgrade to a manager they really want in the summer and a LT contract means paying off FS. Diche release clause is about £2.5m and that's put them off, so far.

As for Simeone well why not go for Guardiola, about as realistic but even the mention of him is a whole world of difference from FS because it shows ambition.

When Moyes left and grabbed the poisoned chalice of United, ageing squad and being the appointment of Ferguson, who no way on gods earth wanted anyone to be nearly as successful as him and hung around as the "real boss" for the players to come and moan to about Moyes doing things differently. It fucked the Chosen One and United but with the Special One now they lose the flair but win trophies and footballs a business more than a sport for those in charge.

Arsenal could go exactly the same way if Wenger sticks around after hes no longer the manager. I feel that having to consistently get them into the Champions League to pay for the new stadium broke the man. It ceased to be about winning, oh the glory of the Invincibles, it became about survival and every season was in a way a relegation struggle. Get the money at all costs and you've done your job and that lost him his winning edge.

This all goes back to Everton because they must survive but want to progress, how to achieve both with their next appointment and Fat Sam is simply not the man for both and they know it.

I've always had a soft spot for Everton, not a fan but have enjoyed their style of football over the years and want them to stick around.

Unsworth ?,  very risky but a great fight back against Watford, maybe bring Royle in with him, if his health is up to it, he did one game before with Unsworth after Martinez went, otherwise its external and I still feel Hiddink would be a great choice until the summer.

Maybe even Arry, no maybe not but at least the press conferences would be funny.

• Like 1

Is Simeone Moshiri's Man? | Everton News Daily

Debates abound on who will be our next manager

Can Diego Simeone fix Everton's problems? | Ian Wright, Chris Kirkland & Paul Merson | The Debate

Diego Simeone???  One, I don't think he speaks English which is problematic.  Two, he's beaten RM and FCB in league and UCL competition.  Assuming he learns English, he would be target of Chelsea, Arsenal & Man U (Jose gone after 2 years).

Everton should be targeting a good young manager like Howe or Wagner and hope you catch magic like Spurs did with Pochettino.

Think the owner & Chairman can’t decide between long-term hopes and short-term necessity.

They went what they thought was long term with Koeman and it didn’t work out so they may decide on a short term, partly desperate, appointment rather than risk another long term hopeful.

On 06/11/2017 at 07:56, blue1878 said:

It was 46 years ago this month I went to Goodison Park for the very first time.  And my first ever match coincided with FA Cup 1st Round day.  My first ever match at Goodison Park was against Southampton and we won 8 - 0

This season Everton have been finding it hard to score more than 1 goal in a game so when we went 2 - 0 down against Watford I thought that there was no way we would get a draw never mind a win.

So at the end of the game I was very very pleased that we came from 2 nil down to win 3 - 2

Football is a funny old game

I think you have mentioned the 8-0 against Southampton be mate,I was there too in the boys pen ,great day for a 10/11 year old, if I remember the scorers were ,royle 4,Johnson 3 and ball 1,

22 hours ago, Gosh said:

Fat Sam is the 98 baht Retox breakfast to my way of thinking. Nobody could seriously say it was excellent but it does the basic job of occupying space in the stomach. It stops you feeling hungry and Fat Sam will stop you going down.

However, and the toffees fans can sing Joy to the World, it seems FS is demanding a long term contract and that's not on offer. Bet my socks that's because Moshiri & Wainwright know they will want to upgrade to a manager they really want in the summer and a LT contract means paying off FS. Diche release clause is about £2.5m and that's put them off, so far.

As for Simeone well why not go for Guardiola, about as realistic but even the mention of him is a whole world of difference from FS because it shows ambition.

When Moyes left and grabbed the poisoned chalice of United, ageing squad and being the appointment of Ferguson, who no way on gods earth wanted anyone to be nearly as successful as him and hung around as the "real boss" for the players to come and moan to about Moyes doing things differently. It fucked the Chosen One and United but with the Special One now they lose the flair but win trophies and footballs a business more than a sport for those in charge.

Arsenal could go exactly the same way if Wenger sticks around after hes no longer the manager. I feel that having to consistently get them into the Champions League to pay for the new stadium broke the man. It ceased to be about winning, oh the glory of the Invincibles, it became about survival and every season was in a way a relegation struggle. Get the money at all costs and you've done your job and that lost him his winning edge.

This all goes back to Everton because they must survive but want to progress, how to achieve both with their next appointment and Fat Sam is simply not the man for both and they know it.

I've always had a soft spot for Everton, not a fan but have enjoyed their style of football over the years and want them to stick around.

Unsworth ?,  very risky but a great fight back against Watford, maybe bring Royle in with him, if his health is up to it, he did one game before with Unsworth after Martinez went, otherwise its external and I still feel Hiddink would be a great choice until the summer.

Maybe even Arry, no maybe not but at least the press conferences would be funny.

Some good points there mate.

5 hours ago, keverton said:

I think you have mentioned the 8-0 against Southampton be mate,I was there too in the boys pen ,great day for a 10/11 year old, if I remember the scorers were ,royle 4,Johnson 3 and ball 1,

Yes I mentioned this game.  It was my first ever game and my grandad took and we watched the game from the top balcony

Unsworth Now Favourite | Everton News Daily

Joey Barton Slammed By Simon Jordan On David Unsworth talkSPORT

An ex Everton player recently came back visited Everton. I'll always remember him for one game in particular

DANIEL AMOKACHI: REUNITED WITH EVERTON TEAMMATES