IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Koeman has gone.

What odds on Moyes returning?

Telegraph claiming Everton want Dyche, but he seems to be mentioned for most jobs.

Edited by davidge

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, davidge said:

Koeman has gone.

What odds on Moyes returning?

Telegraph claiming Everton want Dyche, but he seems to be mentioned for most jobs.

As Koeman as only just been sacked a lot of guys will be linked with the Everton managers job.

For me I think it will be a backward step going for Moyes.

1 hour ago, blue1878 said:

As Koeman as only just been sacked a lot of guys will be linked with the Everton managers job.

For me I think it will be a backward step going for Moyes.

As you pinched two of our best players you could do us a huge favour and take Clement as well. :P

Hi Blue

Not replacing 25 goals a season was always going to be his undoing

Tough question (as I was there for his 1st goal against Arsenal and his most recent goal against Arsenal) but perhaps to build a team round Wayne Rooney maybe a little bit of a short term solution?

28 minutes ago, SLEUTH said:

Hi Blue

Not replacing 25 goals a season was always going to be his undoing

Tough question (as I was there for his 1st goal against Arsenal and his most recent goal against Arsenal) but perhaps to build a team round Wayne Rooney maybe a little bit of a short term solution?

Hi SLEUTH not replacing Lukaku was a major mistake of Koeman.  He knew before the end of last season that Lukaku would be leaving in the summer.  So buying an attacker was his priority.  And he failed to do so

I've just taken a look at Everton's fixtures and the match against Arsenal was there 17th competitive match of the season.  And we are playing worse now then at the beginning of the season

For me , I think Rafael Benitez would love that job cos he lives in Merseyside with his family . He would be happy not to drive to Newcastle anymore .. He can turn Everton around , he has big character with big CV . 

• Like 1

Sad to see him go. But think it was inevitable in the end. Probably not his fault but not replacing lukaku was always going to cause problems 3 number 10’s and no number 9 

10 minutes ago, jocky king said:

For me , I think Rafael Benitez would love that job cos he lives in Merseyside with his family . He would be happy not to drive to Newcastle anymore .. He can turn Everton around , he has big character with big CV . 

I Would love to have Rafa @ Leicester,but unlikely to happen and not sure he will leave Newcastle now for anyone as any new owner will offer him a large transfer kitty. If the papers are to be believed then Sean Dyche can take his pick between Everton or Leicester? would sooner have SD than Coleman @ LCFC. Think Everton will go foreign ,but what do i know?

7 minutes ago, brooksie said:

I Would love to have Rafa @ Leicester,but unlikely to happen and not sure he will leave Newcastle now for anyone as any new owner will offer him a large transfer kitty. If the papers are to be believed then Sean Dyche can take his pick between Everton or Leicester? would sooner have SD than Coleman @ LCFC. Think Everton will go foreign ,but what do i know?

Everton is a decent job for someone. Funds available, new stadium on way and a board that usually give a manager a chance.

The Leicester job is for someone happy to take a pay off within the next 12 months. No long term employment likely given the owners.

Don`t mean to hijack the EFC Thread with my teams woes, but while i`d agree with the long term employment @ LCFC is unlikely the Thai owners have shown they are ambitious and have given money for players, can`t fault them compared to some owners around nowadays.almost every club is looking for instant success now. and very few would turn down a contract knowing it may only last a season......or less.Regardless both teams will be managerless for Sunday`s game,unless a quick appointment happens.

Koeman did more at southampton with less,i suppose expectation levels are higher at everton especially with their outlay,to see them in the bottom three is surprising but they wont stay there!

10 hours ago, brooksie said:

Don`t mean to hijack the EFC Thread with my teams woes, but while i`d agree with the long term employment @ LCFC is unlikely the Thai owners have shown they are ambitious and have given money for players, can`t fault them compared to some owners around nowadays.almost every club is looking for instant success now. and very few would turn down a contract knowing it may only last a season......or less.Regardless both teams will be managerless for Sunday`s game,unless a quick appointment happens.

Brooksie I know where your coming from and I'd like to think that the Everton board were not looking for instant success.  I think Koeman got the sack because we just looked so poor. I think I mentioned in an earlier posting that the Arsenal game was our 17th competitive game and in those 17 games we have shown no improvement

7 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Koeman did more at southampton with less,i suppose expectation levels are higher at everton especially with their outlay,to see them in the bottom three is surprising but they wont stay there!

With the squad we have got I don't think we will stay down at the bottom and yes expectation is now a lot higher at Everton.  We now have more money to spend on players.  More money to spend on wages.  We are looking to build a new stadium.  The old stadium has been given a face lift.  

Because of the way we have been playing we deserve to be in the bottom three but we shouldnt be down there and we shouldnt be playing this badley

Everton 2-5 Arsenal | The Final Word

Unsworth Announced | Everton News Daily

Chelsea V Everton | Carabao Cup | Starting XI Show

UNSWORTH PRE-CHELSEA PRESS CONFERENCE

In about an hours time Everton will be playing Chelsea in London.

It might be a night match but Everton sold out there away allocation

Hopefully the players will give the fans something to cheer

COYB

ETID

NSNO

Chelsea V Everton | Carabao Cup | Match Preview

Evertons starting 11 tonight

Everton: Pickford, Kenny, Jagielka, Baines, Williams, Davies, Baningime, McCarthy, Rooney, Lennon, Mirallas

Its good to see we are starting with 2 wide players

And we are giving a debut to young Baningime. Our caretaker manager must rate him

Disappointing result tonight but a lot of positives can be taken from the game

On Sunday Everton are playing at Leicester City

And I've just found the highlights of the game between us in 1984/85 season. The season we won the league.  And I'm pretty sure I was at this game

Leicester City 1 Everton 2

I shall be at the game Sunday hopefully not the same as last year when we were totally outplayed, even with our new manager I’m not sure what will happen Sunday, still if we lose I won’t be too gutted for long as fly out Tuesday night heading for Pattaya 

6 hours ago, Manny2802 said:

I shall be at the game Sunday hopefully not the same as last year when we were totally outplayed, even with our new manager I’m not sure what will happen Sunday, still if we lose I won’t be too gutted for long as fly out Tuesday night heading for Pattaya 

Hi Manny2802 I think it'll be a tough game on Sunday and as an Everton fan I want us to win and like yourselfs we need to win.

What ever happens I hope you have a great holiday.

I'll be in Pattaya myself in December