IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

And no further.

;-)

You might be right but we will see

Jocky your team ROI had 2 Everton players in there side and they both know how good Lukaku is and they couldnt stop him

Well, not like Everton players are renown for their stout defensive capabilities!  Koeman has his work cut out for him.

Well, not like Everton players are renown for their stout defensive capabilities!  Koeman has his work cut out for him.

They were under Moyes but this changed when Roberto Martinez took over.

Good defenders don't suddenly become bad defenders

Martinez tactics changed the way we played for the worse

And no further.

;-)

I see someone has a crystal ball

I am looking forward to tonights game between Sweden and Belgium to see if Lukaku can add to the 2 goals he's already scored in the Euro's.  I have a feeling he will still be at Everton next season and under Koeman I think he will improve has a player.  

If they sell Lukaku and Stones in the summer 

the new coach will find it hard to replace those 2 even if he has been promised what is it some 150m to spend ?

the new coach will find it hard to replace those 2 even if he has been promised what is it some 150m to spend ?

That personnel guy at Leicester would know how to spend 150m.

Hopefully our manager will be able to keep both players.  At Everton everything is upbeat at the moment,  We've got a new guy on the board who is happy to invest money in the club.  We have a new manager who is very well respected in the game. Even though we finished 11th in both the last 2 season's which was down to our last manager we do have a decent squad of players and a very good youth policy.  And because of the youth policy we have some very good young players coming through.  Stones and Barkley are 2 very good examples.  

So I would like to think we can keep the likes of Lukaku and Stones for at least one more season

Hopefully our manager will be able to keep both players.  At Everton everything is upbeat at the moment,  We've got a new guy on the board who is happy to invest money in the club.  We have a new manager who is very well respected in the game. Even though we finished 11th in both the last 2 season's which was down to our last manager we do have a decent squad of players and a very good youth policy.  And because of the youth policy we have some very good young players coming through.  Stones and Barkley are 2 very good examples.  

So I would like to think we can keep the likes of Lukaku and Stones for at least one more season

Everton are not only club is upbeat at the moment , City , United , Liverpool, Leicester , Arsenal and few more are upbeat at the moment . Lol .. But nothing wrong to get excited about the new beginning .. Me !!! I'm fairly excited , getting tired of new bosses coming in and getting things all wrong .. But we all have to wait until August and September to see how our gaffers getting on ... One or two gaffers will be facing the sack if failing to get their target of four champion league place . FA cup or Carling Cup will not do .

Stones and Barkley will now be back in the country after Englands embarrising defeat by Iceland.  I'm hoping that as the England manager never picked them for any games in the Euro's they wont start the new season with any unwanted baggage. With Koemans help they can start the new season well

Everton are not only club is upbeat at the moment , City , United , Liverpool, Leicester , Arsenal and few more are upbeat at the moment . Lol .. But nothing wrong to get excited about the new beginning .. Me !!! I'm fairly excited , getting tired of new bosses coming in and getting things all wrong .. But we all have to wait until August and September to see how our gaffers getting on ... One or two gaffers will be facing the sack if failing to get their target of four champion league place . FA cup or Carling Cup will not do .

Hi Jocky my comments were in relation to someone saying that they didnt think we'd have a good season next season. I actually think he's wrong.  I wont predict where we will finish next season because there are a lot of good teams in the league.  But I will say is that I think we have got a good squad of players with some very good young players coming through plus we should get in some new players in the next few weeks.  And in Koeman we have a very good manager,  And I think Everton's set up is very good.  So I am hopeful for next season

Everton have just completed the signing of goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg on a three-year deal from Fulham.

Stekelenburg becomes the first signing since Dutch compatriot Ronald Koeman replaced Roberto Martinez as manager last month.

Former Ajax and Roma shot-stopper Stekelenburg spent last season playing under Koeman having joined Southampton on a season-long loan.

The deal marks the third time the pair have linked up, with Koeman handing Stekelenburg his debut at Ajax in 2002.

13537722_994546777319796_7634605922996571923_n.jpg

After last nights defeat to Wales the rumours coming out of France is that Lukaku has put in a transfer request to the Belgian National Team in the hope of pushing through a deal to Wales.  His Father has confirmed this

Edited by blue1878

I have a facebook account and I am a member of a number of Everton forums in Facebook.  And all of them are talking about the different players that we are being linked with.  I like the Everton forums but it gets a bit boring when they keep repeat the same things.  Hopefully we will buy some players soon.  So the Everton forums can say we have bought someone instead of saying we are being linked with a player(s)

It looks like Everton have got themselves a good young striker

Bassala Sambou insists it was a straightforward decision to join Everton after sealing a summer switch from Coventry City.

The 18-year-old, renowned as an energetic and pacey striker with an impressive goalscoring record, is currently with the Under-21 squad in Spain after meeting his new teammates for the first time last week.

And, after a rejecting a host of other clubs interested in securing his services, Sambou is determined to get down to business and impress for the Toffees.

“I feel great and I’m so happy to be here,” he exclusively told 

“I want to give everything I’ve got now and prove to people that I can be a big asset. 

“The boys have been absolutely fantastic with me from day one. They introduced themselves and they’ve been helping me get to know everyone and everything around the place.

“It’s been great to come out here [to Spain] with them now because we’ve all been together and it’s given us chance to spend more time and bond with each other.”

Born in Hanover, Germany, to Senegalese parents, Sambou moved to England aged seven and joined up with Coventry seven years later.

The teenager paid thanks to his former club but admitted he was “blown away” by the facilities and welcome he received at the Everton’s training ground on his maiden visit.

He added: “I have massive respect [for Coventry] because they taught me a lot. Without them I wouldn’t be here at this fantastic club, so I have to thank them for everything they did for me.

“But I was blown away when I visited Finch Farm. I was really impressed when I saw it all. I remember seeing David [unsworth] as well and he opened the door, welcomed me and gave me a massive hug!

“He’s been great with me every day since. He’s been giving me advice every session on how I can improve my game - he’s a really good coach and I’m happy to be able to work under him.”

This week Everton renamed 2 of there stands.  The Gwlady's Street End becomes the Howard Kendall Gwlady's Street End.  It honours our greatest ever manager

And the Park End Stand becomes "Sir Philip Carter Park End" to honour our most successful Chairman

This week Everton renamed 2 of there stands.  The Gwlady's Street End becomes the Howard Kendall Gwlady's Street End.  It honours our greatest ever manager

And the Park End Stand becomes "Sir Philip Carter Park End" to honour our most successful Chairman

I hope in future to name one of the stand a Phil Neville Stand ... :GoldenSmile1:

I hope in future to name one of the stand a Phil Neville Stand ... :GoldenSmile1:

Jocky I cannot see Manchester United renaming one of there stands the Phil Neville Stand

Jocky I cannot see Manchester United renaming one of there stands the Phil Neville Stand

I mean at Everton Stand ... :)

I mean at Everton Stand ... :)

:LMFAO:  :LMFAO:  :LMFAO:

Everton appoint former Leicester City Assistant Manager Steve Walsh as Director of Football

bbc.in/2abjoGq

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Everton appoint former Leicester City Assistant Manager Steve Walsh as Director of Football

bbc.in/2abjoGq

I believe he's a very good footballing guy.  By all accounts he's a very good fit for the job Everton want him to do

Today Everton played a pre-season friendly at Barnsley.  And won 3 - 0 and by all accounts played some very good football and scored some very good goals

Let's hope we can carry this on throughout the season and have/get players that want to be there and show some pride in the royal blue jersey.