IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Maybe United should have got him then 5555

would have preferred him over the special shit. 5555

A Blast from the Past

An Everton legend from the 60's

Memory lane time and one of the games I will always remember is Evertons game against Bayern Munich in the 1984/85 season.  The game is probably Everton's greatest game.  We played Bayern Munich in the semi-final of the European Cup Winners Cup.  Both teams were top of there respective leagues and both teams were going for the treble. Everton were going for the league, FA Cup and ECWC and Bayern were going for the same in Germany.

In the first leg in Germany the game ended 0 - 0

For the 2nd leg at Goodison there was a sell-out crowd of 51000 and I was working nights at Vauxhall Motors.  I couldnt get the night off but my foreman was happy for me to get into work late as long has I went to work straight after the match finished.  I went the match with 3 other Vauxhall workers.  In the 1st half we played very well but couldnt get a goal but Bayern did score to go 1 nil up at half time.

In the 2nd half Everton were brilliant and outplayed Bayern and scored 3 goals.  And we played a very British game so much so that during the 2nd half the Bayern manager went over to our manager to complain at the way we were playing.  Our manager just politly told him to go away,  The atmosphere that night was fantastic.  Goodison Park was bouncing.

At the end of the match I got back to the car as quickly as possible.  The car was parked in a pub car park.  And when the driver got back to the car he said lets go in  the pub and celebrate the win.  And we did.  So we got into work rather later and my foreman tried to give me a ticking off but I didnt care.  I just kept smiling and in the end he gave up.

Last night there was another great night at Goodison Park.  Evertonian Tony Bellew wins the WBC Crusierweight title beating IIunga  Makabu.  Goodison Park was rocking in support of Tony.  And in the 3rd round Tony knocks out his opponent.

Bellew.jpg

It was the perfect night for Tony winning a world title at Goodison Park,  And he even walked out to Everton's Z Cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4leBLGFTdc

At the end of the fight I wished that I was at Goodison Park to watch the fight instead of watching it at the pub

This is the time of year I don't like as season 2015/16 is now over and I have to wait till mid August before I can go to Goodison Park to watch my team against.  So I sometimes think of past games.  My first season as a regular at Goodison Park was season 1973/74 and back then I not only watched the Everton v Liverpool games at Goodison Park but I always managed to get tickets for the league games at Anfield. And I had to wait till 1978/79 season before I saw Everton win a Merseyside derby.  And Andy King scored the goal that got us the victory.  Andy was a southerner  but the Everton fans loved him.  And goal that he scored was a stunner.  A match I will never forget

I was at that game too mate.

It was a great game and after the match I had a few beers to celebrate

Koeman likely to be an Everton Manager , reporting to be a £6 million contract . Very good manager , I presume.

Going by the press reports it looks like Ronald Koeman could be our next manager,  In his time he was a very good player and has done fairly well as a manager.  So if he does become our manager I'll look forward to see how he does

FB_IMG_1442082519837.jpg

It looks very much like he is going to become our next manager

It looks very much like he is going to become our next manager

He already is ... You probably the last Everton fan to hear the news including the world football fans.... 5555

He already is ... You probably the last Everton fan to hear the news including the world football fans.... 5555

Now now Jocky dont be like that lol

Darren Gibson has signed a new 2-year contract.

Bit of a surprise?

I know he's had injuries, but I think he's been pretty useless since moving there.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Darren Gibson has signed a new 2-year contract.

Bit of a surprise?

I know he's had injuries, but I think he's been pretty useless since moving there.

When he is fit he is a very good player but sadly he is injury prone which is why Man Utd let him go

Looking at today's news Everton have released Osman, Hibbert and Pienaar.  All in there 30's and have been great servents to the club.  Osman and Hibbert and 2 evertonians who started at Everton has youngsters and came through the ranks.

I wish all 3 players good luck with whatever they decide to do

Well it was finally announced that Ronald Koeman is to become our next manager

Looking forward to see who he brings in and how we get on next season

Well it was finally announced that Ronald Koeman is to become our next manager

Looking forward to see who he brings in and how we get on next season

I thought he already joined last week , maybe you found a last week newspaper in your bin ... 5555 . Anyway , I can guess that you wish you are going to a regular August trip . Seven months is a long time waiting . I have experience that in the last few years using a one trip a year . Not great . But Gotta have to bear with it . Hopefully the time will fly with the Euro 16 football , Wimbledon Tennis , Tour De France and Olympics Games in Brazil .

I thought he already joined last week , maybe you found a last week newspaper in your bin ... 5555 . Anyway , I can guess that you wish you are going to a regular August trip . Seven months is a long time waiting . I have experience that in the last few years using a one trip a year . Not great . But Gotta have to bear with it . Hopefully the time will fly with the Euro 16 football , Wimbledon Tennis , Tour De France and Olympics Games in Brazil .

Jocky remember last week you gave me stick because I didn't say we had got him for certain...lol

And after 11 years of going to Thailand twice a year it's no good going only once a year again

At least by not going in July/August I wont miss the start of the season

Jocky remember last week you gave me stick because I didn't say we had got him for certain...lol

And after 11 years of going to Thailand twice a year it's no good going only once a year again

At least by not going in July/August I wont miss the start of the selason

Like you , I was going twice a year (2003-2009) , then went to once a year but on longer trip. But find the time between the trips is far too long ... This Xmas , I will have 8 weeks on holidays . But the following year , I will only have 4 weeks which will be difficult for me to accept . The longer trip slows the pace of the holidays which suit me .

Hopefully , your man will transform Everton into the top team again .

Like you , I was going twice a year (2003-2009) , then went to once a year but on longer trip. But find the time between the trips is far too long ... This Xmas , I will have 8 weeks on holidays . But the following year , I will only have 4 weeks which will be difficult for me to accept . The longer trip slows the pace of the holidays which suit me .

Hopefully , your man will transform Everton into the top team again .

Yes hopefully Everton will be back up there challenging for trophies again.  To think that when we were last champions in 1986/87 season only Liverpool had been league champions more often.   

Evertons fixture list for 2016/17

http://www.evertonfc.com

I don't know if I should laugh or cry

I fly to Thailand on the 7th December for a month and I will miss 3 home games

And the 3 home games are against Arsenal (14th Dec)

Liverpool (17th Dec)

&

Southampton (2nd January)

A friend of mine will be happy to get my season ticket for those 3 games