Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Amethyst Hotel - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

My last trip was the October 22nd -November 16th. 
One week in the Areca Lodge, I was in the back building closer to Soi 15 than Soi Diana. Room was nice but dated, shower was in the bathtub. Breakfast was included and pretty good. I used Soi 15 to come and go most of the time. I brought many ladies in with no ID checks. If I wanted an ID checked I would bring them through the main lobby. 
The next stop was The Amethyst hotel. My first room, a Deluxe King, was on the top floor under the pool deck on the west side of the building. Room was nice, the building is newer but some corners were definitely cut. The construction wasn’t the best. Some cracks in the walls, gaps in molding. Little things, I noticed but nothing to put me off. I had noise issues in the late afternoon early evening, the music noise was coming from the pool deck area. At that hour I was always getting ready to go out for the night so it wasn’t an issue and I didn’t say anything at the time.

The first few days no real issues, I was taking a scuba diving course so I was up and out early in the mornings. After the diving course ended, I was often out to the wee hours of the morning, arriving home between 2-5 most nights. The building across the street started up with construction around 8:00. I asked for a new room. The staff were great but they had nothing else available at the time. On a Sunday night, I was back in the room at 10:00pm. There was a bar next to Centera Azure hotel cranking music until 2:00. I actually got out of bed and went walking for a couple of hours to try to exhaust myself for sleep. I travel for work, I spend 10-15 nights a month in hotels. This noise level was brutal.
The next day the hotel had an opening further away from the noise on a lower floor. I agreed to move, while moving to the new room the door across the hall was open as they were finishing with cleaning a now vacant Grand Executive Room. I was offered a 500 baht upgrade and jumped on that price for my last three nights. This room was great, it’s on the Soi Buakhao side of the building. I had no other issues. I can’t emphasize enough how great the staff is at the Amethyst. They went out of their way to make me happy a few times during my stay. 

A side note the couch at the end of the bed provided some great positioning opportunities with my guests.

My last week was at VT6. It’s dated and huge with many, many rooms. I actually liked my stay there as the location is convenient for baht busses. While still being a short walk from so many places I choose to spend time. 

IMG_5866.jpeg

13 hours ago, FiveHole said:

My last trip was the October 22nd -November 16th. 
One week in the Areca Lodge, I was in the back building closer to Soi 15 than Soi Diana. Room was nice but dated, shower was in the bathtub. Breakfast was included and pretty good. I used Soi 15 to come and go most of the time. I brought many ladies in with no ID checks. If I wanted an ID checked I would bring them through the main lobby. 
The next stop was The Amethyst hotel. My first room, a Deluxe King, was on the top floor under the pool deck on the west side of the building. Room was nice, the building is newer but some corners were definitely cut. The construction wasn’t the best. Some cracks in the walls, gaps in molding. Little things, I noticed but nothing to put me off. I had noise issues in the late afternoon early evening, the music noise was coming from the pool deck area. At that hour I was always getting ready to go out for the night so it wasn’t an issue and I didn’t say anything at the time.

The first few days no real issues, I was taking a scuba diving course so I was up and out early in the mornings. After the diving course ended, I was often out to the wee hours of the morning, arriving home between 2-5 most nights. The building across the street started up with construction around 8:00. I asked for a new room. The staff were great but they had nothing else available at the time. On a Sunday night, I was back in the room at 10:00pm. There was a bar next to Centera Azure hotel cranking music until 2:00. I actually got out of bed and went walking for a couple of hours to try to exhaust myself for sleep. I travel for work, I spend 10-15 nights a month in hotels. This noise level was brutal.
The next day the hotel had an opening further away from the noise on a lower floor. I agreed to move, while moving to the new room the door across the hall was open as they were finishing with cleaning a now vacant Grand Executive Room. I was offered a 500 baht upgrade and jumped on that price for my last three nights. This room was great, it’s on the Soi Buakhao side of the building. I had no other issues. I can’t emphasize enough how great the staff is at the Amethyst. They went out of their way to make me happy a few times during my stay. 

A side note the couch at the end of the bed provided some great positioning opportunities with my guests.

My last week was at VT6. It’s dated and huge with many, many rooms. I actually liked my stay there as the location is convenient for baht busses. While still being a short walk from so many places I choose to spend time. 

IMG_5866.jpeg

Thanks for the report mate. What is the situation in Amethyst regarding ID checks? Is it easy to bypass reception? 

Reception staff are fine…your guests will be treated with respect. There are no additional charges for guests…. so it’s a totally guest friendly hotel.  IMHO it’s good that hotels like Amethyst require guests to hand in their ID - it keeps them the right side of the law, and it helps in terms of the safety and security of guests.

All that said, there is an underground car park where the lift can be accessed without going through reception. Also note that there is a bar on the first floor, which again can be accessed from street level, and from there the main hotel can be accessed without going through reception..

1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

All that said, there is an underground car park where the lift can be accessed without going through reception. Also note that there is a bar on the first floor, which again can be accessed from street level, and from there the main hotel can be accessed without going through reception..

One girl bypassed the lobby on her own to visit me in Amethyst, this was disconcerting as a key is required to access the guest floors and this was our first, only, meeting. I completely agree with having the IDs checked, I did by pass the check at Areca with girls I knew previously but always brought new girls through the lobby for a check. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Reception staff are fine…your guests will be treated with respect. There are no additional charges for guests…. so it’s a totally guest friendly hotel.  IMHO it’s good that hotels like Amethyst require guests to hand in their ID - it keeps them the right side of the law, and it helps in terms of the safety and security of guests.

Thanks for the info LW. This is very helpful. Quite often I tend to stay with the same girl for a few days and then I prefer not hand the ID every single time. 

• Like 1

I had a look at this earlier today for my Feb trip.

It's currently pricier than the Avani.

Fair fucks to them if they can promote their gaff and get business at that price point but in no way is this a better hotel than the Avani.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlooBell said:

I had a look at this earlier today for my Feb trip.

It's currently pricier than the Avani.

Fair fucks to them if they can promote their gaff and get business at that price point but in no way is this a better hotel than the Avani.

Prices for Amethyst seem to swing wildly.  When making bookings for my next trip via Agoda I noticed a price range of 1500 - 3200 Baht for the exact same room, and offerings.  Rates often fluctuate on the time of the week on Agoda, but for whatever reason rates for Amethyst are acutely variable. 

I'm not a fan of Avani, but I'd agree there's no way Amethyst should be the same price. 

• Like 2

Like BlooBell I checked the Amethyst for a FEB stay and it priced at 4,680 baht per night without breakfast on their website

• Like 1

For people who are not looking for the executive rooms or the suites i have to highly recommend the premier rooms because they are located towards soi buakhao. With the deluxe rooms you will have the same noise issues @FiveHolementioned. A friend of mine told me the same, absolutely impossible to sleep from 8am. At my stay the difference was only 300baht per night what i found quite reasonable. 

On top the room and balcony are a bit more spacious, you get a bathtub and what i most appreciated a closed wardrobe.

Edited by Mike8910
  • Like 4

I stand 6 nights at Amethyst 7-13th of December 2023, in a nice junior suite with a large and convenient bathroom (tube+ very large shower), balcony and everything to store properly my clothes.

I confirm the very guest friendly attitude of the reception team (ID required indeed, and call from desk to the room if guest are leaving alone).

From the morning to late the night, I never feel judged by the team, even one time with several girls coming in a row during a short period of time. I even come one time with two girls (my LLT and her friend) to use the swimmingpool without long debate or extra cost.

The morning, difficult to keep the room dark unfortunatelly, and the view is nothing than iconic as I experiment at Somerset last June. Breakfast is ok but not crazy (almost same proposal every day with not a lot of choices)

The location is very good (Tum massage  just in front was really my second home). I will come again here next time if price is fair.

Stayed for the third time in Amethyst last month. Love the hotel, clean, incredibly friendly staff, nice breakfast, rooftop pool great,..

Had a different range of rooms over my 3 visits and even the deluxe which I had for 2 nights last trip was good. Love that they now added ashtrays to the balconies.

Staff is usually lovely in most hotels I stayed in Thailand but find in Amethyst they are just extra friendly. One day had 3 TF freelancers over in the course of one afternoon and the same receptionist kept smiling and taking IDs. Felt a bit awkward but not the slightest hint of judgement from her side :).

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Currently in the Junior suite , great room despite the weird layout,huge bathroom area that you can run around in which amuses the girls.

Can't fault this place and already booked for April/May

Also noticed a fantastic deal for the junior suite at £53 a night later this year.

I also just walked outside to meet a girl and straight to the lift no questions asked, known her for 18 months so no need for the ID on my part.

The rear entrance at the car park is also an option.

Anyone stay in the Amethyst Executive Junior Rooms before? Just wondering if these rooms are located on the quieter side.

I've stayed in the the premier room before, but none were available for my dates.

• Like 1

Is the west side really all that loud?  I really can't see how there would be all that much noise considering the location.  Is there currently construction going on across the street or something?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

Is the west side really all that loud?  I really can't see how there would be all that much noise considering the location.  Is there currently construction going on across the street or something?

Wasn’t loud when I stayed there.

• Like 2

On 15/12/2023 at 15:00, Mike8910 said:

After a few days they put one on my balcony.

So I was planning my next trip and messaged Amethyst hotel via their Line to confirm whether or not you are allowed to smoke on the balcony.  Apparently it is not allowed at all!  Mate, did you give them big tips 😄.  Too bad, I was looking forward to trying this place out.

Screenshot_20240110-220532.png

• Like 2

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty

Stay elsewhere in that area (Areca is good enough and allows smoking on the balcony)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moogleflakes said:

So I was planning my next trip and messaged Amethyst hotel via their Line to confirm whether or not you are allowed to smoke on the balcony.  Apparently it is not allowed at all!  Mate, did you give them big tips 😄.  Too bad, I was looking forward to trying this place out.

Must be a new policy. Makes no sense to me at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moogleflakes said:

Screenshot_20240110-220532.png

That's odd, I stayed in 2 different rooms that had fixed ashtrays on the balcony. Smoking was allowed no problem in November, maybe someone who stayed recently can clarify.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike8910 said:

Agree with the latter. But it's been said about the place since they opened. Maybe it's just "official policy" and they don't really care. 

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Mike8910 said:

Chap in the apartment next to me smokes on his balcony and it,s bloody awful if your a non-smoker...makes sense to me 👍

smokers will never understand how filthy a habit it is to non-smokers I,m afraid.

On 06/01/2024 at 05:33, PGSTC776 said:

No construction currently. So you're probably referencing some old post. 

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Agree with the latter. But it's been said about the place since they opened. Maybe it's just "official policy" and they don't really care. 

Yes that was my thought too as I did mention they had that 'policy' since the beginning.  Officially they have to say non-smoking.

• Like 2

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty

12 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

No construction currently. So you're probably referencing some old post. 

Five Hole made the reference on December 15th, so hardly some old post.  Good to hear noise isn't an issue right now though.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 11:35, ruudebwoy77 said:

I enjoyed my stay at the Amethyst, stayed in a Premier Room with Balcony for 5 nights for £325.

The location is really good for access to Soi Boomerang, Buakhaow, LK Metro, Treetown etc. While I was there I rebooked it a further 3 nights for £373, since I had to extend my stay due to illness. This time I stayed in an Amethyst Grand Executive room, as the hotel was sold out for the fireworks weekend. 

Good staff and housekeeping. To avoid the street noise, I would request rooms facing the back. Further tip is to use T&T money exchange on Soi Buakhaow for decent rates.

I have rebooked it for 14 nights in July. All bookings were made through Agoda

I just book 9 nights in July too. I took king premier. Just what is the difference with deluxe one. Last year I took deluxe. Thank you

• Like 2