IGNORED

Amethyst Hotel - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Thanks @LOTTELLEE WINNA for another great review. 

I particularly liked the pictures showing that there are power outlets next to the bed,  and that universal outlets have been installed so my Australian appliances can be plugged in without an adapter.

The walk-in shower is another big plus.

Appreciate the warning about the slippery tiles too.  I just spent seven weeks in hospital for that exact reason,  and wouldn't want it to happen on holiday.

I found one more picture that will help to illustrate the pool:

75fd7585_z.jpg.aadc01aed1e2dd607ab207313066178f.jpg

From this one you can see that the pool has a staircase entry.  Very handy for those of us with limited ladder-climbing ability.

It looks like that might be a swim-up bar in the right hand corner too.

This place is definitely going on the short list for my next booking.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Great review thanks for posting.

But quote from their website "located in the heart of the poshest district"

just off Soi Buakhou :D

51 minutes ago, bangna said:

But quote from their website "located in the heart of the poshest district"

Maybe the PR guy that wrote it has background as used car salesman or real estate agent. 

• Like 3

Nice review. Currently 5000 baht per night. 1700 baht looks like a deal. Maybe because it had just opened?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pasta man said:

Nice review. Currently 5000 baht per night. 1700 baht looks like a deal. Maybe because it had just opened?

Wow…I couldn’t believe what you posted, but you are 100% correct. The prices have gone through the roof - 6000 THB for April. Maybe it was a ‘soft opening’ type price. I can guarantee I won’t be spending that sort of cash.

• Like 2

The price is noticeably cheaper if you go on the hotel's direct website https://amethysthotelpattaya.com/, which is typically the case with a lot of hotels these days, who are sick of robbing middlemen like Tripadvisor, Agoda, Booking.com etc etc. Booking direct often also unlocks more perks and benefits. And it pretty much eliminates that common scenario in Thailand where you turn up and they deny you have a booking and try to charge you the rack rate!

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

9 hours ago, pasta man said:

What is currently? Put som dates! If you book more than 6 days the price are 1650b for a twin room etc 5-12 march…on there own website…

• Like 2

Should also mention a couple of other big pluses with this hotel

1) Room service is timely. I pressed the makeup room button at 9am and went out to breakfast…arrived back in loom at 10.00am and everything is clean, tidy and shining - magic! Some other hotels, you can come back at 3 in the afternoon to an unmade bed and unclean room.

2) No noise in room - thick walls, strong doors and carpeted hallways. Totally silent.

1235406B-EB34-4953-BD7B-694C52A5CAF4.jpeg

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

7 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Should also mention a couple of other big pluses with this hotel

1) Room service is timely. I pressed the makeup room button at 9am and went out to breakfast…arrived back in loom at 10.00am and everything is clean, tidy and shining - magic! Some other hotels, you can come back at 3 in the afternoon to an unmade bed and unclean room.

2) No noise in room - thick walls, strong doors and carpeted hallways. Totally silent.

1235406B-EB34-4953-BD7B-694C52A5CAF4.jpeg

Sorry it looks fantastic but at $200 per night I would rather stay somewhere else as close..it is literally twice the price of Areca Lodge ..which has a great pool…fantastic food and staff …and the location is unbeatable.

22 hours ago, pasta man said:

That is a rediculous price IMO.  For that price you need to offer better location and bigger rooms, balconies, etc..

May your heart always be joyful. May your song always be sung....and may you stay - Forever Young

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours Bobby Dylan

Looks nice.  However, the lack of a wardrobe would irritate me for stays of longer than a day or two.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hilo said:

Sorry it looks fantastic but at $200 per night I would rather stay somewhere else as close..it is literally twice the price of Areca Lodge ..which has a great pool…fantastic food and staff …and the location is unbeatable.

1 hour ago, LovinBgood said:

That is a rediculous price IMO.  For that price you need to offer better location and bigger rooms, balconies, etc..

There appears to be some confusion over price. Rooms can be had for around 1600 - 1700 THB

0EA35B5B-3784-490C-9B2D-D9AFC151BC2B.png

1 hour ago, momo5 said:

Looks nice.  However, the lack of a wardrobe would irritate me for stays of longer than a day or two.  

Yes agree not ideal…but not a deal breaker for me.

2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

There appears to be some confusion over price. Rooms can be had for around 1600 - 1700 THB

0EA35B5B-3784-490C-9B2D-D9AFC151BC2B.png

Yes sorry they are fully booked now ..

when I look on the site now it says $108 Aus per night …

sorry about this…

looks Great at that cost…

• Like 1

Had a quick look at mid June, cheapest room on Agoda was $83 AUD/1950฿ p/n.

Those prices for April are not only due to Songkran but also Skips & Kiwi's getting away for their Easter holidays.

Definitely a good location in general for LK/Boomerang fans but as a Hardcore Soi Honey fan (Page 10 is a little far out 😄) I'd need a rather enticing deal on one of the bigger rooms to stay there

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, LovinBgood said:

Yes, but that price isn’t True. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

@LOTTELLEE WINNA

After what feels like an eternity (3yrs) I'm returning to Pattaya next weekend, and staying throughout the month of March.

I already have my accommodation sorted, but perhaps could be tempted to spend a weekend at the Amethyst if I can find a room rate below, let's say, 1800bt per night ?

I think at that price point, it'd be in direct competition with Areca, and judging from your photos, I think the Amethyst wins comfortably.

Thanks for your wonderful review, you've sold it to me hook line and sinker !!

Mr magoo.

• Thanks 1

hi lottie, 

thanks for the review . i didnt think that i would be back in thailand but there may be an opportunity in May and if so i hope to stay there . 

thanks again ! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr magoo said:

@LOTTELLEE WINNA

After what feels like an eternity (3yrs) I'm returning to Pattaya next weekend, and staying throughout the month of March.

I already have my accommodation sorted, but perhaps could be tempted to spend a weekend at the Amethyst if I can find a room rate below, let's say, 1800bt per night ?

Not wishing to thread fuck but take a look at LK President on 3rd road opposite soi Pothole.....having visited both Amethyst and President and considering President is much cheaper and IMPO just as good the LK wins hands down for me.....

I booked my son in the LK for early May at 849 baht/night through Agoda weeks ago..Hotel.

I am friendly with the owners of the Amethyst but at 1700+ per night for the same period it was a no-brainer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Not wishing to thread fuck but take a look at LK President on 3rd road opposite soi Pothole.....having visited both Amethyst and President and considering President is much cheaper and IMPO just as good the LK wins hands down for me.....

I booked my son in the LK for early May at 849 baht/night through Agoda weeks ago..Hotel.

I am friendly with the owners of the Amethyst but at 1700+ per night for the same period it was a no-brainer.

Wow…you got a killer price for your son! I would definitely consider LK President too…good rep + location gets better every day as ‘the action’ creeps up to and over third road.

2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Wow…you got a killer price for your son! I would definitely consider LK President too…good rep + location gets better every day as ‘the action’ creeps up to and over third road.

I often check Agodas prices (best usually midweek) and I booked early with free cancellation/pay later option and when I saw the 849 baht+taxes  (no breakfast....plenty of nearby better options) I jumped in early last month.

Regarding the Amethyst when I viewed the executive suite at 7000 baht/night luxurious as it was I thought to myself what typical Pattaya visitor is going to pay that....the owners are the same folk who have the Katesiree Residence  and At All on soi Bukhaow and Coffee and Beer on Pattaya Tai plus 3 Gold shops.

The Amethyst has been 6 years in the making but delayed by a couple of years through covid.

• Like 1