IGNORED

Amethyst Hotel - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

On 02/03/2024 at 15:05, Yankser said:

Just wanted to add a photo of the view from one of the balconies.

IMG_5160.jpeg

This morning:

IMG_5179.jpeg

• Haha 6

@Yankser well, at least there’s a bit more colour now.

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

2 hours ago, Yankser said:

This morning:

IMG_5179.jpeg

You should ask them for a room higher up. I had a similar type of room but was above the roof of this building so wasn't too bad regarding the view.

5 hours ago, ruudebwoy77 said:

You should ask them for a room higher up. I had a similar type of room but was above the roof of this building so wasn't too bad regarding the view.

hotel is at 100%

4 hours ago, Yankser said:

hotel is at 100%

Honestly, I'd choose a smaller room type facing the front to avoid this view.  Other than the shit scenery, how are you liking the hotel?

3 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

Honestly, I'd choose a smaller room type facing the front to avoid this view.  Other than the shit scenery, how are you liking the hotel?

It’s top notch, the only other quibble is the doors always slam on closing.

I have booked a Deluxe King Bed Room on Agoda for 17 nights and the lack of a wardrobe is putting me off as that rail doesn't look very big.  Does anyone know if the bedside tables have opening draws? 

• 2 weeks later...

This was an interesting review of the hotel.

Screenshot_20240322_000859_Bookingcom~2.jpg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, CaribbeanDelight said:

Feels like somebody who was upset and took it out on the hotel.

It's Pattaya... if the sounds of bedroom activity ruin your day, you're probably in the wrong city. 

Do Amethyst deluxe king rooms furnish hair dryers?  Didn't see it listed on their website and somehow can't email them.  Blackwoods lists hairdryers, my second hotel.

After some of you stop laughing at this question, with the heat I might be showering 2-3 times a day and want the hair to dry quickly.  No, I don't want to shave my head for lack of a dryer.  If none, hoping Tukcom or Big C (or similar) has compact ones.

2 hours ago, Krane said:

Do Amethyst deluxe king rooms furnish hair dryers?  Didn't see it listed on their website and somehow can't email them.  Blackwoods lists hairdryers, my second hotel.

After some of you stop laughing at this question, with the heat I might be showering 2-3 times a day and want the hair to dry quickly.  No, I don't want to shave my head for lack of a dryer.  If none, hoping Tukcom or Big C (or similar) has compact ones.

Yes, it's there.

On 04/03/2024 at 00:44, Yankser said:

This morning:

IMG_5179.jpeg

I had exactly same condition last time when staying here, and l even saw the lady when she was hanging the clothes. We chated a bit, I told her I was a visitor (ofc), she told me she worked in the bar downstairs, and wanted to sleep in my room tonight 😂😂

Stayed here last year and felt almost everything perfect. The only issue was I found it difficult to commute between soi6/walking street (comparing to other beach rd, 2nd road hotels). 

Its easier to go there, I can call a bolt motorbike for 40b or just walk to 2nd rd for baht bus. But for the way back, when you are in Soi6 or WS, already have 1/2 lady with you, I cant find a good way to commute back. Taxi (very bad traffic)? Baht bus+walk (dont think I want this)? motorbike with 2 passengers (I saw that never try that lol)? Or 2 motrobikes?

What is your best way to commute back?

2 hours ago, applc said:

Stayed here last year and felt almost everything perfect. The only issue was I found it difficult to commute between soi6/walking street (comparing to other beach rd, 2nd road hotels). 

Its easier to go there, I can call a bolt motorbike for 40b or just walk to 2nd rd for baht bus. But for the way back, when you are in Soi6 or WS, already have 1/2 lady with you, I cant find a good way to commute back. Taxi (very bad traffic)? Baht bus+walk (dont think I want this)? motorbike with 2 passengers (I saw that never try that lol)? Or 2 motrobikes?

Walk. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, applc said:

Bolt. About 100 baht. Show the lady you aren't a cheap charlie, and have aircon on the ride back.

• Like 3

On 23/02/2023 at 18:09, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Intro - This trip was with a buddy of mine from the UK. He is happy to spend a bit and favours luxury over frugality (this is in contrast to other buddies of mine who are more budget conscious and ask me to book accommodation around the 1,000 THB mark). My mate’s criteria for a hotel included - being on a Baht bus route, having a nice pool, modern rooms, guest friendly and outstanding customer service. So after a little research I booked the newly opened Amethyst as it ticked all those boxes and more.

Location- Decent location of this hotel, it’s easy to get around town from here - located at the top of Soi 15 Buhakow, it’s about a 2 minute walk to LK Metro and the adjoins hot sois (pothole, lenkee and diana). You are literally 30 seconds to Baht Buses running both ways up and down Buhakow. 

Check in - As your approach the hotel you really get a ‘wow’ factor - the building has a sleek and modern look, beautifully designed. The concierge is out in a flash to help you with bags, the door is opened for you and there is no queue at reception who immediately offer you a welcome drink. The checkin process is friendly, welcoming, quick, easy and efficient. We booked payment in advance with Agoda and we’re not asked to leave any deposit. The staff respectfully request that all ‘additional guests’ (the gals) hand in their ID cards when they are brought back to the room. No joiner fee.

Rooms - The room design is ultra modern and fresh - reasonably spacious too at 28 sqm. The room has no closet as such, but a hanging rail and drawers for socks and stuff. There is also a safe, glass fronted refrigerator and flat screen smart television. There also was enough power outlets to charge my devices. The rooms are opened by electronic cards and the key needs to be placed into the holder in your room to power the electricity. My room had a tiny balcony whose only use is for drying swimming stuff). The room featured a nice view across the city. The king bed was large and comfy enough to sleep on. The AC worked well, and the toilet, bathroom and shower room are modern and well designed. Room tip - while the standard king rooms are fine I had a look at the mini suite rooms and I might choose that in the future.

Wifi - The WiFi signal quality is outstanding, and no need to log in every day.

Breakfast - The restaurant looks very nice, but I decided against booking breakfast. TBH we looked at what was on offer, but decided that there is just so much choice elsewhere - the Nest on soi Diana serves a nice brekkie.

Facilities - The hotel has a really classy rooftop swimming pool with jacuzzi, sun loungers and towels. There is also a gym (yet to open as equipment is currently being installed). The hotel has a speedy elevator, and I never waited more than a minute or so. There is a nice open air first floor bar area with views onto Buhakow - happy hour at 4pm offers cheap beer buckets and 2 4 1 cocktails.

Customer Service - The staff were nothing short of fantastic. Everyone is very friendly and chatty. Always had good banter with the reception staff and the night security dude. The staff are respectful to any guests you might invite back to your ‘loom’…no guest charges (for one visitor), ID cards must be handed in (a good thing in my view) and you get a call from reception to make sure everything is OK before the lady gets her card back. If you wish to bring a guest back without going to reception, this can be done via the basement/car park lift.

Security and Cleaning - security good and I felt safe and comfortable the entire time. The place is clean as a whistle...as always guys consider leaving a daily tip for the hard working cleaner.

Car Parking - Security patrolled car parking under the hotel.

Noise - No traffic or other noise…all good. 

Price - I got this at a price of 1700 THB (via an Agoda offer). I thought this good value as the hotel simply oozes class and luxury. 

Criticisms - very few. The balcony is useless for sitting out in the standard rooms, the gym isn’t completed yet, and the bathroom tiles aren’t non slip (be careful).

Overall -  Over the last 12 years I have stayed in around 50 hotels and guesthouses in Pattaya. Believe me, the Amethyst is right up at the top of my list of top class hotels and at a competitive price…5 star luxury at a 4 star price. If you are looking for a location in central Pattaya then this property is one for you. This is not one of those hotels that do tour groups, so no large groups of Indian lads, nor coach loads of Chinese. US, Aussie, Korean and European guests seemed to dominate.  IMHO this is an outstanding hotel for those who enjoy good 4/5 star quality and who want to be near (although not on top of ‘the action’). As always, the booking of this hotel is price dependent. If you can get it under 1,500 low season and 2,000 high season, then my advice is to put it on your shortlist.

5F87DD2E-79BD-4855-A7BA-379B03DA129E.jpeg

D60F2561-6278-4898-B752-176CE4EA4BA3.jpeg

EB3567A1-7B04-4108-9DB2-D9C2127B1E0B.jpeg

A718AE73-D952-4687-B3C3-EC9DFAAB5225.jpeg

701B97C6-0C93-41E5-8F61-C600C3CE3DBF.jpeg

94C29331-31DC-4418-84AB-A68D7F6461CB.jpeg

6CED2731-471B-4E02-806A-AA05F362C0B3.jpeg

0F13367B-6D76-443F-8A2C-BCA0BA5FFE07.jpeg

DD76CF04-0495-4FC9-9DA9-531DC839E53F.jpeg

4824B039-F7F1-439A-9D42-B6061C27E12C.jpeg

293712D0-2732-498A-B7E9-891A3FE6CFE9.jpeg

C44B8C1A-920A-4A86-BD26-9D9A28EF7078.webp

B6ACF78F-2E50-47D3-A707-46BEFE8DC8FC.webp

E5512C09-E3ED-47AF-8D74-CF16229B0CEF.jpeg

4D8C05AF-2730-4D08-A962-5B9027E985D8.jpeg

3C37EC9D-E445-43FB-9C97-2E0CD6CD3A39.jpeg

Wow great review thanks!  Will put it as a consideration

• Thanks 1

Thinking of going Aug/Sep and looking at flights and hotels. Some of the dates are showing bargain basement prices of $50 - $60USD.

• Like 1

thanks for the review, does anybody know if  the reception 24 hours? I am planning on arriving around 1am to check in...

33 minutes ago, rainman333 said:

thanks for the review, does anybody know if  the reception 24 hours? I am planning on arriving around 1am to check in...

Yes, there's always someone at reception.

1 hour ago, rainman333 said:

It's always good to inform them, so they are aware.

• Like 2

I know it's hard to predict these sorts of things, but I'll be in town for either 2 or 3 weeks starting 2nd week of May (depending on if I decide to end my trip in Bangkok) and I appreciate being able to take a break from the hustle and bustle outside. How is Soi 15 these days, still any construction?

1 minute ago, Starfighter99 said:

I know it's hard to predict these sorts of things, but I'll be in town for either 2 or 3 weeks starting 2nd week of May (depending on if I decide to end my trip in Bangkok) and I appreciate being able to take a break from the hustle and bustle outside. How is Soi 15 these days, still any construction?

Clear as a virgins vagina.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, thainet said:

Clear as a virgins vagina.

Wait... do they even have those in Pattaya? 😂