IGNORED

Amethyst Hotel - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

53 minutes ago, neandertal13 said:

Booked premier king too for 1876 baths/night in July for 8 nights. 

i have booked in March. I will give you a review there. 

2 Questions please :

1-Do they have balcony on rooms ?

2-can we park a bike at the entrance with somebody that can look for from the security ?

thank you

I booked for the upcoming December. They have options with balcony , the with balcony option was sold out. I guess I'll try asking for a balcony when i check in and see if i get lucky 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, neandertal13 said:

Booked premier king too for 1876 baths/night in July for 8 nights. 

i have booked in March. I will give you a review there. 

2 Questions please :

1-Do they have balcony on rooms ?

2-can we park a bike at the entrance with somebody that can look for from the security ?

thank you

1. The smaller rooms have a ‘Juliet’ balcony.

2. There is an underground car/bike garage with 24/7 security.

7 hours ago, lego101 said:

I booked for the upcoming December. They have options with balcony , the with balcony option was sold out. I guess I'll try asking for a balcony when i check in and see if i get lucky 

They all have a balcony. The category "Premier with balcony" just have bigger ones. But there are only three of those, thats why they always sold out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Mike8910 said:

They all have a balcony. The category "Premier with balcony" just have bigger ones. But there are only three of those, thats why they always sold out.

Ok understood why I did not have the choice when I book. So this is great and perfect. I just like to go sometimes on the balcony. 

thank you. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got a response on their official guest joiner policy response.

To be clear, this might be their official response but experiences might vary.
Asking and confirming this ahead so you aren't surprised when you get stopped when walking in with a TG

Screenshot_20230724-091856.thumb.png.1bb956b0c6d114a03b52c5d28c11559a.png

• Like 3

In terms of joiners, I’ve only ever brought one guest back at a time, and usually checked them in at reception. Invariably the reception staff are friendly and respectful to your guest. If you did wish to bring a guest into the hotel without going to reception (not that I am advising this)… there is access to the hotel via both the car park and the first floor bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked for a week in October for 1,600.00 baht per day. Looking forward to it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dusk911 said:

Booked for a week in October for 1,600.00 baht per day. Looking forward to it

Good price 👍

On 02/07/2023 at 03:35, lego101 said:

I stayed there before and will again coming November. They havea  very limited number of rooms with balcony which seem to be sold out all the time. Last trip had a good deal on a Junior Suite that had a balcony but was facing the back on the 3rd floor so no view to speak of.

• Like 2

I'm coming to Pattaya 3 September and Amethyst from 13 September. Is the roadwork on Soi 15 going to be ok by then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom_Jones said:

I'm coming to Pattaya 3 September and Amethyst from 13 September. Is the roadwork on Soi 15 going to be ok by then?

Define “ok by then” ?

I stayed at The Hideaway in 2019 and works were going on then. I’m staying at the Amethyst in 3 weeks. I imagine it won’t change much but access on foot is limited but available. 

follow this thread :

current state as of yesterday 

IMG_1938.png

I think they need to update their website .... 😉 

IMG_5971.jpeg

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

As someone who likes to spend a few hours every day at the pool, I'm a bit concerned by the fact there only seem like 4 beds besides the pool (and 4 more in the water)? Or are there more beds now perhaps? For such a big hotel surely this is too little.

• Like 1

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you have big boobs. It's really that simple.

On 09/08/2023 at 06:32, chirockr said:

I stayed at The Hideaway in 2019 and works were going on then

There may have been some work going on but it was definitely not the same project or, as TG says; same same but different

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 reservations for mid October. one in a deluxe king and one in the premier king. I've seen two different videos of the rooms, the first one on page one of LW's review showed the premier king room balcony looking out to very close to another bldg. so a terrible view. On another video of the deluxe king room the balcony looked out to the Grand Avenue and the Avenue mall, so a better view and better privacy in the room. Got the rooms for the same rate of $52 usd. Which would be the better choice? Don't really care about the tub in the premier room.    thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, burgher said:

I have 2 reservations for mid October. one in a deluxe king and one in the premier king. I've seen two different videos of the rooms, the first one on page one of LW's review showed the premier king room balcony looking out to very close to another bldg. so a terrible view. On another video of the deluxe king room the balcony looked out to the Grand Avenue and the Avenue mall, so a better view and better privacy in the room. Got the rooms for the same rate of $52 usd. Which would be the better choice? Don't really care about the tub in the premier room.    thanks

TBH I doubt any of the rooms has a good view…nothing scenic anyway, just the neighbouring urban landscape. The pic from my room (just a standard deluxe) was nothing great but no privacy issues.

IMG_2228.jpeg

• Like 3

I understand a lot of Pattaya is like a small urban area with building both tall and small. This view would be fine with me what I really hate is looking out the glass doors and seeing another buildings balcony in what seems like just a few meters away. As always I'd to thank LW for his contributions with his hotel reviews

• Thanks 1

Thanks for another great hotel review between this one and your visit to the Amber hotel and the globe did you have a fave with price also being into consideration? I'm not sure if it's very comparable with pricing differences. 

Edited by AreandBe
Added the globe after just reading your review for them as well
  • Like 1

@AreandBe Really hard to pick a favourite. Best hotel I’ve stayed in is the Royal Cliff, but that’s 5,000THB a night and it’s on Pratumnak hill. For around the Buhakow area I would choose the Amethyst if I could get it for (say) 1500-1800THB…it’s usually more than 2,200THB, otherwise maybe Amber or De Bua.

Cheapest really good hotel is Centara Nova Spa (pic below) at around 1,000THB but it’s location doesn’t suit everybody.

IMG_2238.jpeg

IMG_2239.jpeg

IMG_2240.jpeg

IMG_2241.png

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

I recently stayed at Amethyst hotel , staff were awesome and really couldn’t fault the place. 
The bed was probably the best bed I’ve slept in in Thailand, my only concern would be the lack of sun beds when the place was busy but as I stayed in low season it wasn’t a problem for me. 
I’ve booked again for April 2024 😀

• Like 3

Recently cancelled my booking here due to the roadworks. Went and had a look while I was in town. Definately a nice looking place. Hopefully next year.

• Like 1

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

Anyone know how much it costs for breakfast, if its purchased separately at the property?

For a 5 nights stay through Agoda it's an additional £113 to book a room including breakfast.

@LOTTELLEE WINNA Didn’t try the breakfast I see…has anyone else sampled it? I can get a pretty decent rate mid next year minus the breakfast. Is it anything special? 

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.