Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Amethyst Hotel - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Thanks for the review. Will stay there for 7 night end of March. I booked the "Executive Junior Room" for 4000 bath a night and think that the other rooms were around 2000 bath so slightly more than you paid.

Looking forward staying there and will give some feedback on it when back from my trip.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

Thanks for the review . I've booked a room for 10 nights in April . 1650 baht a night

hi , please tell .... what site did you use to book ?

thanks @LOTTELLEE WINNA for a great, informative review.  i'am a bit like your friend when it come to hotels and as i generally have to do a little work most days i try to book something with a little more room. 

i have just booked 17 nights from end of April in a Grand Executive, fortunatly i book a lot of hotels for my lad's working away using hotels.com so I have used a build up of reward redemptions to reduce the cost by nearly £700 to more palatable cost :) 

This is the first time in my last 18 visits i have not stayed in hotel Baraquda which i always enjoy especially the great staff but feel it is getting a little tired for the cost and they have lost me this time due to complacency, maybe the Amethyst may become my new No.1 as i tend to be a creature of habit when i travel.

Do you know if they let 18-19 yo guests in? 

• Like 2

Anyone know if they have finished the gym and the pool bar yet? Both were apparently still under construction 2 weeks ago. The price will doubtless shoot up once the place is finished with no noisy construction work underway.

• Like 1

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

8 hours ago, funky310 said:

Anyone know if they have finished the gym and the pool bar yet? Both were apparently still under construction 2 weeks ago. The price will doubtless shoot up once the place is finished with no noisy construction work underway.

When I was there - no noisy construction, just the assembling of fitness equipment and fitting out of gym.

Thanks for the review. Do you think the drainage construction along Soi 15 will be affecting the property anytime soon? I normally stay in the north side of town but have been looking at something closer to LK for an upcoming trip.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninja82 said:

Thanks for the review. Do you think the drainage construction along Soi 15 will be affecting the property anytime soon? I normally stay in the north side of town but have been looking at something closer to LK for an upcoming trip.

there has been almost no work done since mid october

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striderman said:

there has been almost no work done since mid october

From what I have been informed the construction work has stopped until the Insurance situation regarding the damage to the cars by the fire caused by the Backho operator hitting the cables a few months back is sorted....TIT so it may take forever LOL

Just booked a week at Amethyst in May.

Got my room for around £34 through Adoga - in through Google search, then apply relevant discount codes - great price

Hopefully I have a good experience like most others in this thread.

• Like 1

Booked the premier king room for 4 nights in May, 50$ per night. Sick of staying at Areca. 

• Like 2

On 24/02/2023 at 13:13, ocka said:

75fd7585_z.jpg.aadc01aed1e2dd607ab207313066178f.jpg

Is the swimming pool's temperature normal, not too cold to swim? 

I found many swimming pool in Thailand, their water temperature is too cold to swim, including the newly opened DeBua hotel on Soi Buckhao side, diagonally opposite to this Amethyst hotel, Areca Lodge Pattaya as well.

The water temperature is artificially made colder than normal outdoor temperature during the water ventilation of the pool. Very few people can stand for the cold and get out of the pools.   

37 minutes ago, tonyacat said:

Is the swimming pool's temperature normal, not too cold to swim? 

I found many swimming pool in Thailand, their water temperature is too cold to swim, including the newly opened DeBua hotel on Soi Buckhao side, diagonally opposite to this Amethyst hotel, Areca Lodge Pattaya as well.

The water temperature is artificially made colder than normal outdoor temperature during the water ventilation of the pool. Very few people can stand for the cold and get out of the pools.   

Pool was cold. In jan.  not helped by a gap in glass around pool. That the wind blew through. Didn’t spend much time in pool.  But don’t let that bother you. Fantastic hotel and pool. . 

What about the construction works in Soi 15? Isn't there the risk that it gets loud like hell in the Amethyst hotel as soon as the construction works start to continue again?

10 minutes ago, Orgynizer said:

What about the construction works in Soi 15? Isn't there the risk that it gets loud like hell in the Amethyst hotel as soon as the construction works start to continue again?

Sure. But I'm pretty certain you would have months of notice before they get to that part of the soi. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The cheapest I could see on booking.com for 20 nights in October was 43.000, way over my price range, good looking place though. 

Booked amethyst today for 14 nights in august through Agoda. Rate was pretty similar to their own site (actually slightly cheaper)…

im debating whether or not to cancel and stay at acqua…I know in another recent discussion it seemed pretty unanimous amethyst is the superior choice…and I may sound crazy, but Acqua looks like it may be more my kind of hotel…For now I’ll keep this booking.

thanks for the info and review.

• Like 1

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

4 hours ago, wallywest said:

Booked amethyst today for 14 nights in august through Agoda. Rate was pretty similar to their own site (actually slightly cheaper)…

im debating whether or not to cancel and stay at acqua…I know in another recent discussion it seemed pretty unanimous amethyst is the superior choice…and I may sound crazy, but Acqua looks like it may be more my kind of hotel…For now I’ll keep this booking.

thanks for the info and review.

If your going to stay at the Acqua I suggest asking for a front facing room in the hotel main wing. Rear facing rooms in the annex building can be noisy as they back onto Treetown.

@LOTTELLEE WINNA

How big are the balconies in the smallest room, my mate wants to know if its large enough to stand and smoke a joint with the door closed ?

From one vid I saw they looked tiny af.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, harrycd said:

@LOTTELLEE WINNA

How big are the balconies in the smallest room, my mate wants to know if its large enough to stand and smoke a joint with the door closed ?

From one vid I saw they looked tiny af.

Mate they are tiny…they are what are described as ‘French balconies’. Only useful for drying swimwear.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Ended up booking a Premier King + Balcony and a Junior executive suite.

Used Agoda which I have never used before for cheaper prices than listed on their website. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, harrycd said:

Ended up booking a Premier King + Balcony and a Junior executive suite.

Used Agoda which I have never used before for cheaper prices than listed on their website. 

Yes mate Agoda is a really good site…I’ve just been granted Platinum status with Agoda so I’m hoping for even bigger savings in the future.

For anyone who has stayed here and know about it … how much do they charge for an extra person if we are planning to get 2 beautiful guests along in the room ??