IGNORED

Amethyst Hotel - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

On 04/09/2023 at 23:02, ruudebwoy77 said:

Anyone know how much it costs for breakfast, if its purchased separately at the property?

For a 5 nights stay through Agoda it's an additional £113 to book a room including breakfast.

MUM coffee shop just across the road is excellent, no need to book breakfast:WhoSaw1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

9 minutes ago, fostraswift said:

MUM coffee shop just across the road is excellent, no need to book breakfast:WhoSaw1:

Thanks, I'll check out your recommendation. hotel b'fast is about 150 bhat as per a review on YouTube.

24 minutes ago, wallywest said:

@LOTTELLEE WINNA Didn’t try the breakfast I see…has anyone else sampled it? I can get a pretty decent rate mid next year minus the breakfast. Is it anything special? 

From folks I talked to the breakfast was apparently ok Helped by the fact that it isn’t a cavernous dining room filled with ‘coach loads’ of guests. That said, there are so many choices for breakfast around the Amethyst that personally I wouldn’t bother with the breakfast unless I was offered an outstanding deal.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ruudebwoy77 said:

Thanks, I'll check out your recommendation. hotel b'fast is about 150 bhat as per a review on YouTube.

It will more expensive in MUM, but quality is brilliant IMO

• Like 1

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Almost booked Areca Lodge for February but Lottellee Winna convinced me with his review, just couldn't say no to 1800 baht per night in high season for a new 4 star hotel pretty much right on Buakhao within walking distance of LK and TT.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ruudebwoy77 said:

yeah it says the same on Agoda :

IMG_1124.png

• Like 2

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/09/2023 at 09:08, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

From folks I talked to the breakfast was apparently ok Helped by the fact that it isn’t a cavernous dining room filled with ‘coach loads’ of guests. That said, there are so many choices for breakfast around the Amethyst that personally I wouldn’t bother with the breakfast unless I was offered an outstanding deal.

I've booked for my first trip to Pattaya next year and went for the breakfast option as it was only 50 baht a night extra which did seem an outstanding deal.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I recently stayed a few days at the Amerhyst in a Junior Executive room.

Here are some impressions:

IMG_20231013_183556.thumb.jpg.07783f7acb17a7d8d82bb7c71742697f.jpg

IMG_20231013_183606.thumb.jpg.1da5c8586bda639caf683acc1ace3788.jpgIMG_20231013_183547.thumb.jpg.f77da920ff61440d1ff09cb84cc31d23.jpgIMG_20231013_183620.thumb.jpg.2acc3c59fd33a66a8e5876fec18d5549.jpg

IMG_20231013_183628.thumb.jpg.f72bda8971c13aaa133da0f37048d5c7.jpg

The standout feature of this room was the spacious balcony, furnished with two chairs and a side table. (Perfect for a smoker like me) 😎

The bathroom was massive and came with a lockable toilet and a shower. On top of that, it had a whirlpool tub, which, although it fits only one person, was fantastic. 🙃

A unique touch was the minibar stocked with complimentary drinks.

I paid 2,700 THB for the room.

I really enjoyed my stay and will likely book it again on my next visit.👍

Stayed there is April. For the price amazing especially compared to the tripe being offered for the same price in my home country. Great staff, great facilities and good central location. Definitely stay there again when i go back

• Like 1

On 19/10/2023 at 09:08, Blackhansi said:

I recently stayed a few days at the Amerhyst in a Junior Executive room.

Here are some impressions:

IMG_20231013_183556.thumb.jpg.07783f7acb17a7d8d82bb7c71742697f.jpg

IMG_20231013_183606.thumb.jpg.1da5c8586bda639caf683acc1ace3788.jpgIMG_20231013_183547.thumb.jpg.f77da920ff61440d1ff09cb84cc31d23.jpgIMG_20231013_183620.thumb.jpg.2acc3c59fd33a66a8e5876fec18d5549.jpg

IMG_20231013_183628.thumb.jpg.f72bda8971c13aaa133da0f37048d5c7.jpg

The standout feature of this room was the spacious balcony, furnished with two chairs and a side table. (Perfect for a smoker like me) 😎

The bathroom was massive and came with a lockable toilet and a shower. On top of that, it had a whirlpool tub, which, although it fits only one person, was fantastic. 🙃

A unique touch was the minibar stocked with complimentary drinks.

I paid 2,700 THB for the room.

I really enjoyed my stay and will likely book it again on my next visit.👍

Staying In this very room for 4 nights In January, couldn't get any of the reasonably priced rooms so booked a twin and asked If they could give me a double bed, they responded by sending a list of upgrade prices and this was available for an extra 1000B

I will be paying close to 3500 per night, but my arrival date Is New Year's Eve.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm not sure wtf the designer was thinking with the placement of the bed that way, and all of the dead space in the bathroom would have been better allocated to a larger main room.  Feng shui students look at this monstrosity, and weep. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed my stay at the Amethyst, stayed in a Premier Room with Balcony for 5 nights for £325.

The location is really good for access to Soi Boomerang, Buakhaow, LK Metro, Treetown etc. While I was there I rebooked it a further 3 nights for £373, since I had to extend my stay due to illness. This time I stayed in an Amethyst Grand Executive room, as the hotel was sold out for the fireworks weekend. 

Good staff and housekeeping. To avoid the street noise, I would request rooms facing the back. Further tip is to use T&T money exchange on Soi Buakhaow for decent rates.

I have rebooked it for 14 nights in July. All bookings were made through Agoda

Edited by ruudebwoy77
  • Like 2

I'm back in Thailand for 4 months next August, but I've gone ahead and booked about a month in Amethyst as a change of pace from Areca Lodge based off of Lottelee's assessment (I've found my reviews of places line up with his), and some YouTube videos of the place.  I was able to snag what looks like a really nice rate per night ($43 USD; about 1500THB) for a Deluxe King (no breakfast).  The rates for a given time for this place really seem to fluctuate a lot on Agoda.

• Thanks 1

Reading through this Lottellee Winna thread, I decided to book my stay at the Amethyst hotel.  I like the fact that it's pretty new so I'm thinking the bathroom, the fixtures, shower etc. should be still in top shape.  Was deciding between Amethyst and Debua, but have decided on Amethyst as it's off of Soi Buakhao, but still close.  Both are close to Soi Boomerang and no problem walking to the other action Soi's as mentioned by Lottellee himself.  The small balcony and lack of a separate closet don't bother me.  I like the location for my planned activities on this trip.

However in a future trip, I'm thinking about the Avani Resort area between 2nd and Beach Rds. for a change.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2023 at 04:34, PGSTC776 said:

I'm back in Thailand for 4 months next August, but I've gone ahead and booked about a month in Amethyst as a change of pace from Areca Lodge based off of Lottelee's assessment (I've found my reviews of places line up with his), and some YouTube videos of the place.  I was able to snag what looks like a really nice rate per night ($43 USD; about 1500THB) for a Deluxe King (no breakfast).  The rates for a given time for this place really seem to fluctuate a lot on Agoda.

Good rate at 1500THB mate!

On 12/12/2023 at 05:42, Krane said:

Reading through this Lottellee Winna thread, I decided to book my stay at the Amethyst hotel.  I like the fact that it's pretty new so I'm thinking the bathroom, the fixtures, shower etc. should be still in top shape.  Was deciding between Amethyst and Debua, but have decided on Amethyst as it's off of Soi Buakhao, but still close.  Both are close to Soi Boomerang and no problem walking to the other action Soi's as mentioned by Lottellee himself.  The small balcony and lack of a separate closet don't bother me.  I like the location for my planned activities on this trip.

However in a future trip, I'm thinking about the Avani Resort area between 2nd and Beach Rds. for a change.

I’m a big fan of the DeBua stayed there three times now…however, it genuinely isn’t as classy as the Amethyst. The key factor of course is price - I had an enjoyable stay at the DeBua 3 weeks ago at 1350 THB a night…outstanding value. The post by @PGSTC776 above shows that there are times of the year when Amethyst lowers their prices, if the price bracket is close between both hotels then the Amethyst would get my vote.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

Thanks for the review, I now have this place booked for July and slashed out for the Junior Executive. I usually stay at Areca but fancied a change without going too far afield as i like the area) 

• Like 1

I was looking at this hotel before I eventually booked LK Residence.  The only reason I didn't book was because the website said you cannot smoke even on the private balcony.  Can anyone confirm this?  I am a cigarette smoker and I would also buy marijuana and smoke it in the balcony of my hotel room.  So this was unfortunately a deal-breaker for me.

I did walk by it during my trip and loved the modern design from the outside.  Also, I noted that there is an actual japanese style bidet toilet in the public restroom which I love.  I didn't recall seeing anyone confirm this in the bathroom, but if the smoking point was refuted I would definitely stay here next time.

• Like 1

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty

1 hour ago, Moogleflakes said:

I was looking at this hotel before I eventually booked LK Residence.  The only reason I didn't book was because the website said you cannot smoke even on the private balcony.  Can anyone confirm this?  I am a cigarette smoker and I would also buy marijuana and smoke it in the balcony of my hotel room.  So this was unfortunately a deal-breaker for me.

I did walk by it during my trip and loved the modern design from the outside.  Also, I noted that there is an actual japanese style bidet toilet in the public restroom which I love.  I didn't recall seeing anyone confirm this in the bathroom, but if the smoking point was refuted I would definitely stay here next time.

i was smoking on my balcony no problems but i wouldn’t no about weed as i don’t smoke it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mark joseph123 said:

i was smoking on my balcony no problems but i wouldn’t no about weed as i don’t smoke it.

Thank you, mate.  Did they provide you an ashtray and clean it out daily? 

I saw this review on booking and I SWEAR it said it on the site too that 'we are 100% non-smoking hotel".  Perhaps the policies were changed some time ago.  

image.png.f69f82fd0068090ac7553cb9e6ecc178.png

• Like 1

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty

1 minute ago, Moogleflakes said:

Thank you, mate.  Did they provide you an ashtray and clean it out daily? 

I saw this review on booking and I SWEAR it said it on the site too that 'we are 100% non-smoking hotel".  Perhaps the policies were changed some time ago.  

image.png.f69f82fd0068090ac7553cb9e6ecc178.png

no ash tray provided unfortunately, iam not a heavy smoker just was having a few when coming back drunk, i just used a a empty beer bottle maybe not ideal for you. i didn’t have no problems though the maids cleaned the room everyday and got rid of the bottles no dramas.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Moogleflakes said:

Did they provide you an ashtray and clean it out daily? 

After a few days they put one on my balcony.

• Like 2

On 22/10/2023 at 13:24, Ptquad said:

I will be paying close to 3500 per night, but my arrival date Is New Year's Eve.

I’m there starting the 29th before moving to VT6 on the 2nd.