IGNORED

Kungs Hot Sausage (recommended)

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Good news for all the Kung Sausage lovers...

Nice. The last time I taste this heaven was over 6 months ago, its just sad not knowing while I'll be there again... 

• 8 months later...
On 11/06/2020 at 12:26, forcebwithu said:

Good news for all the Kung Sausage lovers..

moving premises. work ongoing today. new site will be the buakaow end of soi lengkee

2092186711_22feb011(Custom).JPG.30203a694bfc4071e765b7dd6c22daca.JPG

signs not yet sorted, work in progress

645115723_22feb010(Custom).JPG.2c4efa447d09dd298e86448a124493a2.JPG

that's buakaow in the distance left to right and soi diana ahead

15 hours ago, striderman said:

moving premises. work ongoing today. new site will be the buakaow end of soi lengkee

2092186711_22feb011(Custom).JPG.30203a694bfc4071e765b7dd6c22daca.JPG

signs not yet sorted, work in progress

645115723_22feb010(Custom).JPG.2c4efa447d09dd298e86448a124493a2.JPG

that's buakaow in the distance left to right and soi diana ahead

Going to be closed from Sunday for 2 weeks according to FB page, then open for breakfast,lunch, bar snacks etc. Possibility of new additions to the menu. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

open this morning

965038047_14mar015(Custom).JPG.0696524e8ee8428216d47a779c8f63a3.JPG

complete with a proper spelling mistake

468348496_14mar016(Custom).JPG.503581c09f896212010873f5f20b8118.JPG

best of luck !

1922325216_14mar017(Custom).JPG.f2d955eed842ced9f6df4cb09e9cb825.JPG

lenkee looking towards the buakaow/soi diana junction

Don't know what time she shuts things down, but breakfast hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. I think that she switches to sandwiches and perhaps some Thai food after 2 p.m.

Here is the breakfast menu that she posted on Facebook - looks pretty good!

160500753_480987486617165_5824543310378759085_o.jpg

With Kungs at one end of the street and Yupa down by the other, it's a safe bet that I will pack on quite a few pounds on Soi Lengkee on my next trip! 5555

Someone posted pics of the food etc.. on facebook and the breakfast looks really good. Fresh coffee served in a french press for each table too. I hope she does well there.

I tried this lady's food when she had her business located on Soi Buakow between piss stop bar and jollys restaurant and found it very good.

Wish her well in the new location and will check it out once I can get back to Pattaya.

Edited by Zeb

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

I went to Kungs this morning for the 129 baht breakfast. I sat inside the aircon area. The food and service was very good, the only thing I didn't like was the Jazz music playing. Will sit outside next time.

Here is a photo is the 129 baht breakfast that Kung posted to FB.

Somebody commented that her prices are a little higher than the 99 baht options nearby. She replied that she could match those prices, but only if she dropped her quality. For me personally, it's worth an extra 30 baht to get better food.

To clarify, I am NOT in Pattaya (still stuck in farang land), and this is NOT my photo, nor have I been able to try the food at her new location - merely passing along the photo that she has posted. Seems like a nice lady and I would love to see her succeed.

160300363_481644093218171_5560110456905736734_n.jpg

Busy this morning at 10.30, no music playing, just a good-value tasty breakfast for B129 + tip !  :rolleyes:

B20DA33D-F68D-484A-95F5-639A6FD9690D.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Went for dinner last night.  It was good, but not a place I'd go out of my way to visit again.

KungsSausage.thumb.jpg.9804ed5444764883be7832c0c4ef3200.jpg

Last night , I had their pulled pork sandwich, and it was very good. 129B.

Aside, noticed a sign outside Oz Burger cart, reopening 1st April.

Plenty decent take away options in and around LM Metro area.

• 3 weeks later...

2F3509B0-E57B-4C83-8698-FF696DC5AE4C.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 16/03/2021 at 14:26, semi-retired member said:

Busy this morning at 10.30, no music playing, just a good-value tasty breakfast for B129 + tip !  :rolleyes:

Is it Ground coffee that they serve?

5 hours ago, KhunChang said:

Is it Ground coffee that they serve?

Yes, in a proper press.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been into Kung's 2 times now, after it being recommended to me by English Rose.

The first time I tried the Cumberland sausages, I had the big breakfast that filled me up for the whole day. It was excellent.

258721615_kungsbreakfast1a.jpg.97755d335a111c5a0ab54a4e9a2db84a.jpg

The second time I tried the English Breakfast sausages, again I had the big breakfast, which kept me going all day.

1380122624_KungsBreakfast2a.jpg.8027df10ef652e349965394dce47b279.jpg

Traditional English sausages, home made bacon, potato skin filled with 'bubble and squeak', well cooked tomato, tasty baked beans and 'proper' fresh mushrooms, not from a can.

If you like a traditional English breakfast with quality ingredients, I would highly recommend Kung's.

In the words of Arnie "I'll be back!"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GorGuy said:

I have been into Kung's 2 times now, after it being recommended to me by English Rose.

The first time I tried the Cumberland sausages, I had the big breakfast that filled me up for the whole day. It was excellent.

The second time I tried the English Breakfast sausages, again I had the big breakfast, which kept me going all day.

Stupid question from a naive Yank....

What's the difference between a cumberland sausage and a traditional English sausage?

To my untrained eye (and stomach), "cumberland" always indicated "English-style".

45 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Stupid question from a naive Yank....

What's the difference between a cumberland sausage and a traditional English sausage?

To my untrained eye (and stomach), "cumberland" always indicated "English-style".

They taste different.

They are both made "English style" there are many different ingredients you can put into a sausage, as I am sure you know.

I liked both of them, the English breakfast sausage was my favourite (for my taste buds), others may prefer the Cumberland sausage.

A 'hot dog' sausage, American style, is usually reconstituted meat.

An English style sausage is ground pork or beef or duck etc. with added herbs and usually breadcrumbs, put into a sausage skin. One way to describe this is a tasty hamburger shaped like a sausage, in a sausage skin.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, GorGuy said:

They taste different.

They are both made "English style" there are many different ingredients you can put into a sausage, as I am sure you know.

I liked both of them, the English breakfast sausage was my favourite (for my taste buds), others may prefer the Cumberland sausage.

A 'hot dog' sausage, American style, is usually reconstituted meat.

An English style sausage is ground pork or beef or duck etc. with added herbs and usually breadcrumbs, put into a sausage skin. One way to describe this is a tasty hamburger shaped like a sausage, in a sausage skin.

It's unfortunate that folks who have never been to the U.S. believe hot dogs with breakfast is standard fare there. Hot dogs with breakfast is a Thai innovation and to my knowledge have never been served with breakfast in the U.S. and I've breakfasted in 37 of 50 states. Traditional breakfast links in the U.S. are usually pork, closer akin to English sausages than hot dogs.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

33 minutes ago, likeaking said:

It's unfortunate that folks who have never been to the U.S. believe hot dogs with breakfast is standard fare there. Hot dogs with breakfast is a Thai innovation and to my knowledge have never been served with breakfast in the U.S. and I've breakfasted in 37 of 50 states. Traditional breakfast links in the U.S. are usually pork, closer akin to English sausages than hot dogs.

I am not sure if you are simply making assumptions or a bit confused as to my post.

For me, I have been to The U.S.A. and I have worked there.

I was making a simple comparison about hot dogs (American style) and sausages (English style).

Kung also uses the term French Fries in an attempt to help American folk who use the term chips for English crisps, whereas the French Fries are actually crinkle cut chips (in English speak).

As to links, that would open a whole new world, where one is wondering if you are talking about golf or telecommunications.

Either way the sausages at Kung's are tasty :-)

Edited by GorGuy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, GorGuy said:

I am not sure if you are simply making assumptions or a bit confused as to my post.

For me, I have been to The U.S.A. and I have worked there.

I was making a simple comparison about hot dogs (American style) and sausages (English style).

Kung also uses the term French Fries in an attempt to help American folk who use the term chips for English crisps, whereas the French Fries are actually crinkle cut chips (in English speak).

As to links, that would open a whole new world, where one is wondering if you are talking about golf or telecommunications.

Either way the sausages at Kung's are tasty :-)

I guess you having been to the U.S. you already know hot dogs are never referred to as sausages ' "hot dog" sausage American style' but forgot. Nor are hot dogs served in lieu or compared to sausages with breakfast, except in Thailand to non-Americans. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.