Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Retirement Visa problem - New Rules

Billyboy294

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Immigration Officers too. For the first time in nine years here I'll be going the agent route. Cheaper and easier for me to now use an agent, but hate the fact I know a good portion of the agent's fee will be going into others' pockets.

What will an agent charge for doing it?  I assume one would still have to have the insurance even if an agent takes care of it or will they get around that too?

What will an agent charge for doing it?  I assume one would still have to have the insurance even if an agent takes care of it or will they get around that too?
Maybe they can get around it but if the retiree gets to a hospital needs care and doesn't have any cash and they find out that he doesn't have any actual Insurance she could hit the fan

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

32 minutes ago, Ludhamlad said:

For the extension to stay I was quoted 12500. I'll get mine sorted the end of the month. I'll ask then if they'll be able to "help" with the insurance requirement if it becomes a requirement for an extension to stay.

I'll say this, it's fcking joke they're requiring a Thai form to certify you have adequate insurance. Every insurance company I've ever dealt with can easily supply a declaration of insurance coverage. Used it many times to prove to my mortgage lender I had adequate insurance for my house.

Hold on a minute... just went online to my health insurance company, IMG and lo and behold under My Documents I see I have an option of a Visa Letter.
image.png

Clicking on that I select the country I need it for an out pops this nice letter. BTW, I'm 62 and this policy cost me $1,623 for the year. Like I, and others have posted before, Thai policies are a ripoff for what they charge and how little coverage you get with their policies.

Screen Shot 10-12-19 at 01.30 PM.JPG

I hate to be a doomsayer but they have been systematically making ALL visas more problematic starting about 10 years ago... With the last 2-3 years being really bad...If they continue on this course well.....

People joke about them wanting the farangs gone from Thailand.....But thats exactly whats going to happen if they keep raising and raising the bar on the visas with no grandfathering and keep increasing the hoop jumping.....

Folks all this is sure a mess but its no accident.....

Edited by fforest

For the extension to stay I was quoted 12500. I'll get mine sorted the end of the month. I'll ask then if they'll be able to "help" with the insurance requirement if it becomes a requirement for an extension to stay.
I'll say this, it's fcking joke they're requiring a Thai form to certify you have adequate insurance. Every insurance company I've ever dealt with can easily supply a declaration of insurance coverage. Used it many times to prove to my mortgage lender I had adequate insurance for my house.
Hold on a minute... just went online to my health insurance company, IMG and lo and behold under My Documents I see I have an option of a Visa Letter.
image.png.f40994375dee5cd2a835f157682b46dc.png
Clicking on that I select the country I need it for an out pops this nice letter. BTW, I'm 62 and this policy cost me $1,623 for the year. Like I, and others have posted before, Thai policies are a ripoff for what they charge and how little coverage you get with their policies.
1430965412_ScreenShot10-12-19at01_30PM.JPG.2e362be96482b8df314070e68b792d98.JPG

You don't need the insurance for an extension anyway but your letter doesn't state the outpatient cover which is 40k which is peanuts anyway but that's what they will be looking for

If they question people entering on multiple entry tourist visas.

I would always have a copy on entry into Thailand of my property taxes and utilities bill from my home to show I still maintain residence in the USA but am a tourist for long periods of time.

Along with pension letters and bank statements to show financial self support.

Having to have Thai health insurance instead of USA insurance that is accepted in Thailand really changes the game if fully enforced.

As others have said overpriced and under insured.

Tik Tok Visa agency here I come.

Edited by typhoon42

3 hours ago, typhoon42 said:

If they question people entering on multiple entry tourist visas.

I would always have a copy on entry into Thailand of my property taxes and utilities bill from my home to show I still maintain residence in the USA but am a tourist for long periods of time.

Along with pension letters and bank statements to show financial self support.

From reports, they are not interested in what you show.

And they deliberately do not want to see your 20,000 baht or the like, as that is what they use as the excuse to reject you.

Some people seem to think they have a quota to fill every day.

15 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Current standing on TV is approx 33% of my posts hidden, which is an improvement since earlier this year 555

Really, as others have stated they are trying to drive their ad income with provocative articles and then deleting any posts that they find annoying. I read their daily email summary, but no longer waste my time participating beyond that.

• Like 3

An easy way to get youy posts hidden on TV ... call a thread starter click bait 555

Got a weeks suspension for that!

An easy way to get youy posts hidden on TV ... call a thread starter click bait 555
They do have those often, guys with no previous post starting threads that look suspiciously like click bait by staff.

I had a post hidden earlier, a fairly neutral post. Although ubonjoe is good with visa rules, he is too officious with hiding posts

5 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

RU4real ?!?!?! :Laugh1:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

21 minutes ago, sulu said:

RU4real ?!?!?! :Laugh1:

Pop on and try it ... but don't say I didn't warn you 555

8 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

LOL well i'm currently banned from posting until i acknowledge the warning which in all honesty i could'nt GAF about. I only started posting cos i felt guilty about seeking the undoubted great visa info from ubonjoe coupled with Thai news articles without giving something back.

I'm delighted and have no intention of acknowledging anything, they can go FT lol

3 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

This is from the police order. It indicates insurance is required for Non Imm O-A extensions although ubonjoe has previously said it doesn't apply to extensionsa9081e084bddba5dd2927d84e1ba6339.jpg

https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5d9c3b074d8a8f318362a8aa&fbclid=IwAR23DDKtUNXRMsSlMKMdF4IYvf5bb14lb3eg2DInlvxIeUhJHc-sIGV7XRA

I posted that 71 posts ago which is why I said it may apply to extensions but needs to be clarified. It may be a good idea to actually read the Orders themselves and what Immigration are saying rather than blindly taking the word of some internet bloke from Nakhon Nowhere - however long he’s been living there. :GoldenSmile1:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I posted that 71 posts ago which is why I said it may apply to extensions but needs to be clarified. It may be a good idea to actually read the Orders themselves and what Immigration are saying rather than blindly taking the word of some internet bloke from Nakhon Nowhere - however long he’s been living there. :GoldenSmile1:
ubonjoe is usually correct, most people don't think it applies to extensions yet, maybe it's lost in translation although the English police order seems clear and straight forward

5 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
9 minutes ago, davidge said:

, maybe it's lost in translation although the English police order seems clear and straight forward

There does seem little reason for them to change the Order re. Extensions unless it’s going to apply to at least some Extensions. The translations are often confusing though. They could mean just as long as the original O-A is valid, which can be up to 2 years, rather than subsequent Extensions of Stay. The poor choice of language when talking about Visas, Extensions etc by officials, agents, expats et al just adds to the confusion.

For the sake of those caught up in it, I hope it doesn’t apply to subsequent Extensions of Stay - though some IOs & agents are saying it does. Doesn’t look as if we’ll know until after the 31st.

Now are the extension visas an 'O' or 'O-A' or everything in between ?, mine issued in 2007 says just 'O'

Apologies if this has already been clarified.

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now are the extension visas an 'O' or 'O-A' or everything in between ?, mine issued in 2007 says just 'O'

Apologies if this has already been clarified.

The Health Insurance is for O-A visas only.

You are staying on an annual Extension of Stay. A Visa isn’t extended. The ‘Permission to Stay’ in Thailand is extended annually. If your original visa was a Non-O then you won’t be affected even in the worst case scenario being mentioned now. Though as it’s a bit of a mess, we still have to wait and see what happens in the future.

It should become clearer around the end of the month. Either as the policy begins to be implemented or if Immigration etc issues a clarification - or further Orders.

The Health Insurance is for O-A visas only.

Yes it appears so ..

My sinking feeling is that the policy was written by a govt employee ( or group of ) who actually have little or no knowledge of the variations in the visa types , and will be up for rectifying that, once they discover the " big bucks/bahts" they are missing out on by not including O category .

Hope I'm wrong ..

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gusincebu said:

Yes it appears so ..

My sinking feeling is that the policy was written by a govt employee ( or group of ) who actually have little or no knowledge of the variations in the visa types , and will be up for rectifying that, once they discover the " big bucks/bahts" they are missing out on by not including O category .

Hope I'm wrong ..

Having so kindly had davidge clarify the visas issued i too share your thoughts, it really does'nt make any sense to have O visas excluded. I'll be making contingency plans now for when the dreaded clarification is issued which it surely will.

4 hours ago, gusincebu said:

Yes it appears so ..

Hope I'm wrong ..

I have the same sinking feeling. I said months ago, when the Official from the Health Ministry made the first statement, that he obviously didn’t understand how those over 50 staying for ‘retirement’ actually got their visas & Extensions of Stay. A recent statement from another Government Official implied this policy was aimed at all those over 50 - again showing he didn’t really understand the visa system. Hopefully it won’t happen but...

All we can do for now is go by the Order that has been published - though that itself isn’t clear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, davidge said:

I have the same sinking feeling. I said months ago, when the Official from the Health Ministry made the first statement, that he obviously didn’t understand how those over 50 staying for ‘retirement’ actually got their visas & Extensions of Stay. A recent statement from another Government Official implied this policy was aimed at all those over 50 - again showing he didn’t really understand the visa system. Hopefully it won’t happen but...

All we can do for now is go by the Order that has been published - though that itself isn’t clear.

23 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

This is from the police order. It indicates insurance is required for Non Imm O-A extensions although ubonjoe has previously said it doesn't apply to extensionsa9081e084bddba5dd2927d84e1ba6339.jpg

https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5d9c3b074d8a8f318362a8aa&fbclid=IwAR23DDKtUNXRMsSlMKMdF4IYvf5bb14lb3eg2DInlvxIeUhJHc-sIGV7XRA it is what it is

Actually it's really nothing to do with what they have posted it's what they decide to enforce it each individual office there's no doubt in my mind that some offices will say yeah you don't need it and others are going to say you absolutely need it found to be a nightmare for some

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Actually it's really nothing to do with what they have posted it's what they decide to enforce it each individual office there's no doubt in my mind that some offices will say yeah you don't need it and others are going to say you absolutely need it found to be a nightmare for some
The bit they will get confused about is whether the O-A visa was received before 31 Oct, if so the new rules are meant to not apply. After then they do apply. I reckon there will be inconsistent approaches

After 31 OCT many will be too old to get insured or if old but still eligible the yearly premium will be equal to pay for a Cambodia/Vietnam/Philippines multi weeks vacation.

And if still young that Insurance Certificate seems like fun to fill out collecting signatures and time insurance starts/ends.

Edited by Lubudi

Seeking the mythical My-Girl-is-Different