Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review - D Hotel Soi Buakhao

ringadingding

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stayed in the 5 floor good air con but I really liked the fan in the room. Point it at the bed and just sit there for a couple of minutes to cool down tillthe air con kicked cooled the room. The air con in my room had a power setting and with in 5 - 10 min the room was nice and chilled.

I was on a end room so I did not hear any neighbors but could hear the dam rooster. I'm a very light sleeper and it woke me up 2 of 8 mornings.

There are 2 laundry places right out the front door ( hotel does laundry but its expensive ). Drop off and pick up next day after 2pm.

7-11 and family Mart 500 feet up the street that was helpful. Couple of atm and money exchange on the corner. Also a place to photo graph passport and entry paperwork if your paranoid.

Anything you could need is less then a 2 min walk.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, narcosis said:

Stayed in the 5 floor good air con but I really liked the fan in the room. Point it at the bed and just sit there for a couple of minutes to cool down tillthe air con kicked cooled the room. The air con in my room had a power setting and with in 5 - 10 min the room was nice and chilled.

I was on a end room so I did not hear any neighbors but could hear the dam rooster. I'm a very light sleeper and it woke me up 2 of 8 mornings.

There are 2 laundry places right out the front door ( hotel does laundry but its expensive ). Drop off and pick up next day after 2pm.

7-11 and family Mart 500 feet up the street that was helpful. Couple of atm and money exchange on the corner. Also a place to photo graph passport and entry paperwork if your paranoid.

Anything you could need is less then a 2 min walk.

Did you spend much time at the pool? If yes did you have any issues getting a lounger? Can you bring your own drink up there?

I just finished 3 weeks on D hotel. And spend some times also in pool. There always free lounger and you can bring own drinks. But no glass bottles.

And love this hotel also. I was 7th floor superior room. And it could not been any better.

48 minutes ago, miesnalle said:

I just finished 3 weeks on D Hotel. And spend some times also in pool. There always free lounger and you can bring own drinks. But no glass bottles.

And love this hotel also. I was 7th floor superior room. And it could not been any better.

Any pics?

1 minute ago, Scherzzo said:

Doesn't llook  like there are many loungers there!

Cheers for the pics

About 15-20 loungers

Do you know if the HDMI slot is out the side on the TV or at the back? I like to plug my fire TV into the TV to stream iptv 

1 hour ago, Scherzzo said:

Do you know if the HDMI slot is out the side on the TV or at the back? I like to plug my fire TV into the TV to stream IPTV 

I have no idea. Never opened my TV  :)

Send email and ask.

Was trying to book the deluxe room from 9/2 - 9-22 but it's unavailable after 9/13. Is it fully booked already or just not available for booking yet

5 hours ago, Rainydays said:

Was trying to book the deluxe room from 9/2 - 9-22 but it's unavailable after 9/13. Is it fully booked already or just not available for booking yet

How are you booking? I tried to book through Agoda for my last trip but there was no room available. So I emailed the hotel directly.... yes have room no problem :)

Got home a few days ago. Great hotel, excellent, helpful staff.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

46 minutes ago, par47 said:

How are you booking? I tried to book through Agoda for my last trip but there was no room available. So I emailed the hotel directly.... yes have room no problem :)

Got home a few days ago. Great hotel, excellent, helpful staff.

I am booking through Agoda also for 33 USD pn including taxes and fees. How much are they charging you pn when you book directly with the hotel?

2 hours ago, Rainydays said:

I am booking through Agoda also for 33 USD pn including taxes and fees. How much are they charging you pn when you book directly with the hotel?

Standard room is 1200 baht but cash for 7 days reduces it to 1,000. Very little difference between standard and deluxe rooms.

Just booked a room thru Agoda 11May to 28th.  Looks like another great trip.   Never had any problems with Agoda. Even get a few bucks for future trips.     

Booked for 6 nights April, thanks for the reviews / information.

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

Did you spend much time at the pool? If yes did you have any issues getting a lounger? Can you bring your own drink up there?
Never made it to the pool spent everyday exploring the city.

Never made it to the pool spent everyday exploring the city.

Anyone compared it to D'Express just down the Soi?

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, MikeOnThai said:

Anyone compared it to D'Express just down the Soi?

I've stayed in both last 6 months.

Facilities such as standard of room, furnishings, maid service, rooftop pool, wifi, parking etc pretty much exactly the same - D hotel has a restaurant on site - but both offer room service with food available. Only real difference essentially is that D Express is at 3rd Road whereas D hotel is on Buakhao which is why you're paying about an extra 400 baht a night more for it. Front staff in D X are friendlier too if that matters.

Managed to improve my wifi just turned the router in corridor slightly towards my room. Getting about 12mps now

I've stayed in both last 6 months.
Facilities such as standard of room, furnishings, maid service, rooftop pool, wifi, parking etc pretty much exactly the same - D Hotel has a restaurant on site - but both offer room service with food available. Only real difference essentially is that D Express is at 3rd Road whereas D Hotel is on Buakhao which is why you're paying about an extra 400 baht a night more for it. Front staff in D X are friendlier too if that matters.
Thanks!! Exactly what I wanted to know.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally tried the place last March despite of the roosters and thought I let you guys know my thoughts.

I had a superior room on fifth floor, facing the front in the middle of the building.

I didn't hear any roosters. But as with many other cheaper hotels, I heard lots of noise from door slamming, maids/hotel staff talking with loud radio sets and other guests in that order. Especially the door slamming was an issue and it woke me up several times almost every day.

The worst thing was, that one of the more intrusive girls managed to sneak inside and upstairs and got the maid to unlock my room door!!! while I was just banging another chick in my room. Imagine what could have happened if I wasn't there!

I got an honest excuse when I brought up the issue with reception. Everything else regarding my stay was perfect and the place is very very good value for money. But I will prefer the deluxe rooms at August Suites for my next stay as they overall fit better to my needs and just slightly more expensive.

Archived