IGNORED

Review - D Hotel Soi Buakhao

ringadingding

2 hours ago, imyfriendyou said:

I read Agoda reviews and it seems they have a serious rooster problem lol. 

Any quiet alternative suggestions  location and price range  wise? 

Having read a shed load of reviews of this place I've come to the conclusion that the noise issue is probably subjective, so for some its an issue whilst for others maybe not.

Anyhow I've decide to give this place a go next year and will report back my own obviously subjective opinion.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ableyone said:

Having read a shed load of reviews of this place I've come to the conclusion that the noise issue is probably subjective, so for some its an issue whilst for others maybe not.

Anyhow I've decide to give this place a go next year and will report back my own obviously subjective opinion.

I once had a rooster around when I was staying in Nature View hotel... it's terrible, mate. I remember the LT with angry face in the early morning: "I'll find that rooster and I'll chop his head off then cook a soup of him!" 

Nothing as annoying as construction work, roosters, or heavy traffic noise when you get back to the room at 5 am and need that daytime sleep!

As I seriously considered the place for my next trip, I wrote them an email and asked in which rooms that damn little noise makers can't be heard. Here's the answer I got:

Dear Sir.

We have a superior room on the top floor, but I can not guarantee you will not hear the chicken all day long, because we can not afford to stop the chicken sir. Sorry for theinconvenience

Best Respect

D-holet

On 12/30/2017 at 10:00, Sloracer said:

If I was the D Hotel owner I’d be paying for a hit on that rooster!  :D

It might be the owners!:rolleyes:

On 29/12/2017 at 13:36, ableyone said:

I'm not a heavy sleeper but crowing fron the Rooster didn't bother me at all, this is one of the better places I have stayed in.

15 hours ago, Big_H said:

I'm not a heavy sleeper but crowing fron the Rooster didn't bother me at all, this is one of the better places I have stayed in.

I love the sound of roosters in the morning even if wake me up... i just roll over and go back... kinda soothes me

17 hours ago, Big_H said:

Where was your room (floor/side)? Did the rooster not bother you because the sound was pretty quiet & distant, or is it just that you don't mind that specific noise like the last poster rhino? 

Can anyone tell me if D hotel is ladyboy friendly, I am looking for a hotel for March now the Adelphi has got building work going on and this hotel looks good but I do like to mix it up a bit.

3 hours ago, Sitmaman said:

Can anyone tell me if D Hotel is ladyboy friendly, I am looking for a hotel for March now the Adelphi has got building work going on and this hotel looks good but I do like to mix it up a bit.

of course it is as long as they are of legal age. The receptionist might point the fact out to you when taking her ID but just to make sure you actually know, not because it'd be a problem to them.

On 01/01/2018 at 10:22, imyfriendyou said:

Where was your room (floor/side)? Did the rooster not bother you because the sound was pretty quiet & distant, or is it just that you don't mind that specific noise like the last poster rhino? 

I was on the 4th floor room facing the front of the building

I have stayed before and it was fine no view from room but for how long your in it no deal breaker , I just booked for my first 4 nights in feb whilst I’m sorting out condos in vt6 for me and my pals who follow on & £18 a night plus tax even if I don’t stop the duration it doesn’t matter , I play golf so the rooster no problem but the days I didn’t I never heard it.

I'm staying here now and haven't heard any roosters, my room is facing the front.Does have ants running around the bathroom and a bad selection of tv channels unless you like watching cockfighting or Fox News,can't go out at the mo cos of a monsoon currently tipping down.

On 02/01/2018 at 16:19, Sitmaman said:

Can anyone tell me if D Hotel is ladyboy friendly, I am looking for a hotel for March now the Adelphi has got building work going on and this hotel looks good but I do like to mix it up a bit.

No problems with LBs!!!!!! :WhoSaw1:

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

18 hours ago, baggy67 said:

I'm staying here now and haven't heard any roosters, my room is facing the front.Does have ants running around the bathroom and a bad selection of tv channels unless you like watching cockfighting or Fox News,can't go out at the mo cos of a monsoon currently tipping down.

Mate nip down and tell reception I had the same issue. They sent up the cleaner and he sprayed something never seen any for the next 12 days. The cleaner girls are good girls and helped me with extra towels used to leave them a wee tip each day.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I stayed 2nd floor up in May and when In the hall could hear the rooster but not in the room which faced towards Pattaya Klang direction. Had a top sleep every night even when not drunk.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Hi Fellas,

Did anyone see the family room in D hotel? I'm looking for a room with two beds but separated by a wall, I think this fits the bill but need to be sure before I book. any info would be appreciated.

I stayed in a Superior room before and there was an adjoining door to another room that was locked. There seemed to be no other access to the other room (certainly no door from the main corridor) so I think for a family room they will unlock the door and you get two rooms with one access.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Sounds good man, exactly what I am looking for. I'm planning on going with a mate and enjoy sharing a room but require some privacy also. Thanks for the post.

On 1/1/2018 at 05:22, imyfriendyou said:

I am not good with directions, but from the swimming pool on the roof , if you walk to the wall closest to the shallow end of the pool , you will see neighbor houses that have a lot of birds. 

I stayed facing the back but to the right side when exiting the elevator and never heard the birds from my room. 

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stayed at D hotel last September, superior room facing front of hotel.

Could hear the roosters sometimes but wasnt a problem. And I'm easily irritated!

Very good hotel for the price. I booked with them direct.

anyone know how strict they are with bringing your own beers to pool area for daytime chilling & swimming?  My former main hotel (247 boutique) don’t care but they become bloody expensive so move on to this hotel based on excellent reviews. Cheers 

Archived