Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review - D Hotel Soi Buakhao

ringadingding

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and here's my review. I picked it as I stayed in D apartments during my last trip and loved the location and services. This hotel is in next soi. I got a special from Agoda for Deluxe room at AUD 44. So I did not hesitate in picking it up.

1. Location - The hotel is in a quiet soi off of Soi Buakhao opposite Marquee bar. If you know this area, then you would know that it is 2 mins to Made in Thailand complex, 5-6 mins to Soi 8 and 8 mins to Central and Soi -7. You can also easily get songthaow (baht bus) to Soi 6 or Walking st.

2. Rooms - My deluxe room was om 6th floor and was quite sizeable with approximate size of 44sqm. It had a reasonable balcony with no views. But room was very quiet. The key had the tag for aircon and other electric supply to the roo. This meant no electricity if tag is not in place. Sometimes it was little bit pain as phone or tablet could not be charged when you are away. Room had really good aircon and separate fan. TV was a bit small for the room size. Bed was one of comfiest that I have ever had in hotels and I have traveled a lot. Cupboard haf electronic locker big enough for a 15" laptop and other things. Only issue was that it would show you passcode after locking and someone behind you can see it. Another featureof the riom was the bathroom. It was reasonablybig bathroom with a bath tub and separate shower big enough for 3 people.

Wifi was good enough for video calls.

2. Service - If you think room was a reason to stay, then you need to know about service. Staff was so friendly that I would stay here just for the sake of service. Girls at reception was a lot of fun and always ready for some jokes. They helped me for all sorts of queries from finding some services in Pattaya to explaining public transport to Sriracha. Cleaners were even better who never turned down any request. I always got lots of extra towels abd anything that I wanted that they could provide.

Overall it was excellent stay in this hotel and I will definitely use it again.

Sorry for lack of photos. But photos on their website are real thing.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many the best value for money hotel in pattaya at the moment, got a standard room for 900 a night. Love the location, 1 min walk to the TT money changer and not much further to 7/11, laundry right outside the front door.

Food ain't much chop, but I ended up taking the baht bus down to pooks/p32 for breakfast each afternoon anyway. The takeaway place in kev in Thailand's videos is just outside the soi the hotel is on and has reasonable food as well

The pool on the roof is really good as well

Hope it does not get to popular in the future as I really like staying there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Many the best value for money hotel in pattaya at the moment, got a standard room for 900 a night. Love the location, 1 min walk to the TT money changer and not much further to 7/11, laundry right outside the front door.

Food ain't much chop, but I ended up taking the baht bus down to pooks/p32 for breakfast each afternoon anyway. The takeaway place in kev in Thailand's videos is just outside the soi the hotel is on and has reasonable food as well

The pool on the roof is really good as well

Hope it does not get to popular in the future as I really like staying there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you like Thai food, then, there is a really nice place around the corner when you take left turn towards Talad Noi. The place is quite cheap and is run by an old woman and 2 other ladies (1 of them is a tomboy). Just to give you an idea, 1 Khai Chiaow (Crispy fried omelette) and rice with Tom Che (pork dumplings with some greens, egg tofu and glass noodle soup)  costed me 110 baht. hotel is also close to Talad Noi and there is also some Thai food outlets there. Ton'y gym with some ageing (but still usable) equipment is also around the corner for health conscious people.

Hi Guys,

I am seriously considering staying here in late October. If I were to stay here in a "standard room" could you recommend what room numbers and on what floor that I could stay on and have some sort of a view ? From the D hotel website it appears that the superior and deluxe rooms all have some sort of a view, but from a review on trip advisor it said that most of the standard rooms have  no view or the view is of a building that is 2 or 3 meters away from the D hotel.............however there are a few standard rooms that have a view out towards the 3rd road area. I am trying to find out what standard rooms face in this direction and then  i would try to request one of these rooms.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gonna put this in my list of possibles for next time,everything about the place looks and sounds good!

Just the one question,although i`ve looked at their website and other pics on trip advisor etc, whats the storage space like,is there plenty of room for you clothes.As well as the wardrobe are there enough drawers etc.

Thanks for the report, I'm booked in for a stay here in October so it's good to hear a positive review :)

:Party1:

I was about to book D hotel superior room for 1100 baht a night .... I find same rate for March hotel and more luxury stole my decision and booked at March hotel.

I hope I did not regret my decision anyway I  am seriously planning to book at D hotel for my next trip.

I was about to book D hotel superior room for 1100 baht a night .... I find same rate for March Hotel and more luxury stole my decision and booked at March hotel.

I hope I did not regret my decision anyway I  am seriously planning to book at D hotel for my next trip.

march has nicer rooms and better beds, also far better bathrooms, march is more a 4 star hotel and at 1100 is probably the best deal in pattaya. Location is good if you like Soi 6 and drinking st, not so good if you go to walking st or LK Metro a lot. There really is not a 7/11, money changer or bike taxi's nearby, more 5-10 mins round trip which if you are hungover, its really hot or raining is kinda annoying

I just prefer d hotel because of the location, so much easier to get to and everything i need is at my front door.

Just the one question,although i`ve looked at their website and other pics on trip advisor etc, whats the storage space like,is there plenty of room for you clothes.As well as the wardrobe are there enough drawers etc.

there is like a 3 door  wardrobe, plenty of room. Even the standard room is quite big for the price

I was about to book D hotel superior room for 1100 baht a night .... I find same rate for March Hotel and more luxury stole my decision and booked at March hotel.

lecarreblanc............I stayed at the March hotel for 1 month in Feb./ March of this year. The hotel is relatively new (less than 18 months old). I have stayed at August Suites many times and also at April Suites. I got booked into March hotel because August Suites was fully booked.

The problem that i had with March hotel was transportation issues. Mr. Somchat the owner of all these hotels would not and has not brought a gold cart or baht bus to transport his guest from March Suites or April Suites back and forth to central road or second road..

It got very tiresome, bothersome and annoying every time I left the hotel I had to walk all the way to Central Road street  ( AKA Pattaya Klang) or to walk a 6 to 8 minute walk to second road to catch a baht Bus. During these walks you had to be conscious and careful not to get hit by a motorcycle taxi and you had to always be stopping or crossing the very narrow street to avoid cars, trucks and other vehicles.

The motorcycle taxi drivers about 100 meters from the entrance to March hotel would want to charge me around 30 to 40 baht to give me a ride to central road or second road and I would not pay for this rip off .....so I chose to walk. 

Only for this reason I would not stay at march Suites again. If they provide transportation back and forth to central road and or second road I would consider staying at March hotel again.

Additionally Mr. Somchat and his family are building a hotel that will be named May Suites which is right behind March hotel and there is a lot of construction noise daily on the back side hotel rooms.

I was pleased with the room, the pool, the hotel staff and amenities.

Totally agree with you about march hotel, my main issue is i didn't even book to stay there, they moved me from april suites which I found to be a bit dishonest and the main reason why I will never stay in that group of hotels again

The problem that i had with march hotel was transportation issues. Mr. Somchat the owner of all these hotels would not and has not brought a gold cart or baht bus to transport his guest from March Suites or April suites back and forth to central road or second road..

It got really annoying I found having to walk all the way to beach rd from there to get a baht bus, plus having to cross busy central rd every time you wanted to change money or take a baht bus to soi diana/lengkee

It got very tiresome, bothersome and annoying every time I left the hotel I had to walk all the way to Central Road street  ( AKA Pattaya Klang) or to walk a 6 to 8 minute walk to second road to catch a baht Bus. During these walks you had to be conscious and careful not to get hit by a motorcycle taxi and you had to always be stopping or crossing the very narrow street to avoid cars, trucks and other vehicles.

Spot on, I actually enjoy walking, I walk 1 hour every day in my home country, however like you said the conditions you have to walk in there is what makes it tiring and annoying. Its the only hotel I have ever had girls complain about for this reason, every girl that stayed with me would say, why you stay here, too far, and they would constantly complain about having to walk everywhere, my friend would always say when you come back you not go this hotel. 

The motorcycle taxi drivers about 100 meters from the entrance to march Hotel would want to charge me around 30 to 40 baht to give me a ride to central road or second road and I would not pay for this rip off .....so I chose to walk. 

Main problem I found at night was those taxi guys were hardly ever there, so you would want to go to walking st etc and there would not be any moto taxi guys there. Other problem I found is none of the taxi guys knew where the hotel was and neither did the girls, It was actually really difficult to get back to at night for this reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your reviews, and inspire me enough to book 14 days at this property next Feb.  Like idea that it's on quiet soi.  Sometime it's a pain to be bugged by ladyboys on Soi Honey whenever i walk in/out of 247 hotel...   247 went downhill, so move on to this hotel.  

how long it will take to reach LK Metro via walking?  I figure BB make sense, thanks.

lecarreblanc............I stayed at the March Hotel for 1 month in Feb./ March of this year. The hotel is relatively new (less than 18 months old). I have stayed at August Suites many times and also at April Suites. I got booked into March Hotel because August suites was fully booked.

The problem that i had with march hotel was transportation issues. Mr. Somchat the owner of all these hotels would not and has not brought a gold cart or baht bus to transport his guest from March Suites or April suites back and forth to central road or second road..

The motorcycle taxi drivers about 100 meters from the entrance to march Hotel would want to charge me around 30 to 40 baht to give me a ride to central road or second road and I would not pay for this rip off .....so I chose to walk. 

Only for this reason I would not stay at march Suites again. If they provide transportation back and forth to central road and or second road I would consider staying at march hotel again.

Additionally Mr. Somchat and his family are building a hotel that will be named May Suites which is right behind March Hotel and there is a lot of construction noise daily on the back side Hotel rooms.

I was pleased with the room, the pool, the hotel staff and amenities.

Well, thats not a fair compensation.I heard of cases where people got booked in March hotel instead April Suites.

But in this case u got a worse hotel in a much worse location.

Thank you for your reviews, and inspire me enough to book 14 days at this property next Feb.  Like idea that it's on quiet soi.  Sometime it's a pain to be bugged by ladyboys on Soi Honey whenever i walk in/out of 247 hotel...   247 went downhill, so move on to this hotel.  

how long it will take to reach LK Metro via walking?  I figure BB make sense, thanks.

2 Mins baht bus or gentle 15 min walk along Soi Buakaow.

Thanks for the review m8...photos would have helped but no problem.

Yes i was looking at this for Xmas though the Deluxe is 1700b per night...still not bad for high season, though opted for a apartment style room for less that price. 

Will definitely keep this hotel in mind for future trips....Cheers! :Grin3:

• 3 months later...

I also stayed here a few weeks ago for several nights...

My standard room was clean and in a good condition. The price was just 25,00 Euro per Night.

Even the Pool is clean with a good overview but there is no shadow on the rooftop.

During my check out they wanted to charge me 400 Baht for a dirty bed sheet (?!?).

That was really a joke. Of course I did not pay for that scam !

After i went up to the room again with one of the Reception Girl to see what they mean,

they accepted my intervention.

And here some pics for you...

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG

IMG_4417.JPG

IMG_4418.JPG

IMG_4419.JPG

IMG_4420.JPG

IMG_4421.JPG

IMG_4422.JPG

IMG_4423.JPG

IMG_4425.JPG

IMG_4431.JPG

IMG_4430.JPG

IMG_4428.JPG

Thanks for the pics Harpunero,this is currently at the top of my list for my next visit,the dirty bed sheet trick wasn`t good to read though,most reports i`ve read have praised the staff highly so thats a shame!

I got a promo through Agoda.

Got the superior room for 24€ per night and booked it for my next trip this April.

I will post a short review after my stay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Booked our first few nights of our Feb golf trip so we can have a look round by Soi Lengkee to get our base , we stayed in hotel vogue just before Xmas but staff done our heads in so not going back & we have a great place in Soi 1 where we have stopped 10 times plus but a ball ache to get to golf rendezvous on Lengkee , see what the D is like & let you all know what we think

Its only a small thing but i`ve read towels arn`t provided by the pool,and also no customers are allowed around the pool area,so if you have a LT and fancy a spell poolside you`re buggered,i emphasize though its only what i`ve read!

• 1 month later...

I can also try for my next trip during Sonkrant this year.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 05/01/2017 at 6:56 AM, bravo4 said:

I got a promo through agoda.

Got the superior room for 24€ per night and booked it for my next trip this April.

I will post a short review after my stay.

I'll be there in May for 3 weeks.

I'll wait for your review.

I'll be there in May for 3 weeks.
I'll wait for your review.

Will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived