Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review - D Hotel Soi Buakhao

ringadingding

D hotel is an excellent hotel where I have stayed 3 times. Last time in November 2018.

The + :

- The rooms are large. The superior room is the best choice with a street view
- Very quiet (unless you have noisy customers next to your room...It can happen...)
- The furniture and design are simple but there is everything you need
- The pool is large enough to be able to swim well and pleasant to relax
- I have never had any problems with wifi and their Internet connection is fast
- The air conditioning works well but I particularly like the presence of a fan in each room because the air conditioning makes me sick after a few days
- Location: the hotel is on Soi Buakaoh so you have absolutely everything nearby: ATM, banks, 7/11, Family mart, laundry shops, barbers, beer bars
- Very easy to go to Walking Street in the evening with the songthaews
- The staff is professional
- The cleaning of the rooms is very flexible and the maids are nice and helpful (I forgot twice my key inside the room...)
- The hotel is very guest-friendly

The - :
- The hotel is very successful and is often full during the high season, so book in advance
- The staff is professional but a little haughty, not very smiling and a little inquisitive (very personal opinion which may not be shared)
- The bed is fine but could be better. There are many hotels where the bed is better (I have back problems so I appreciate the comfort of the bed is important to me)
- It is a hotel whose guests are almost exclusively single men. I also like to stay in a hotel with a more varied clientele
- Location: not very convenient to go on Soi 6 or in the north of Pattaya

During my last stay in April 2019, I stayed in other very good hotels and I will only return to this hotel if I find good prices.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Did75 said:

D Hotel is an excellent hotel where I have stayed 3 times. Last time in November 2018.

The + :

- The rooms are large. The superior room is the best choice with a street view
- Very quiet (unless you have noisy customers next to your room...It can happen...)
- The furniture and design are simple but there is everything you need
- The pool is large enough to be able to swim well and pleasant to relax
- I have never had any problems with wifi and their Internet connection is fast
- The air conditioning works well but I particularly like the presence of a fan in each room because the air conditioning makes me sick after a few days
- Location: the hotel is on Soi Buakaoh so you have absolutely everything nearby: ATM, banks, 7/11, Family mart, laundry shops, barbers, beer bars
- Very easy to go to Walking Street in the evening with the songthaews
- The staff is professional
- The cleaning of the rooms is very flexible and the maids are nice and helpful (I forgot twice my key inside the room...)
- The hotel is very guest-friendly

The - :
- The hotel is very successful and is often full during the high season, so book in advance
- The staff is professional but a little haughty, not very smiling and a little inquisitive (very personal opinion which may not be shared)
- The bed is fine but could be better. There are many hotels where the bed is better (I have back problems so I appreciate the comfort of the bed is important to me)
- It is a hotel whose guests are almost exclusively single men. I also like to stay in a hotel with a more varied clientele
- Location: not very convenient to go on soi 6 or in the north of Pattaya

During my last stay in April 2019, I stayed in other very good hotels and I will only return to this hotel if I find good prices.

Good review. I've also stayed many times and find it good value for money. You mentioned other good hotels you've stayed at , can you name them as I'm always looking for good alternatives. Thanks

7 hours ago, barmatt said:

Good review. I've also stayed many times and find it good value for money. You mentioned other good hotels you've stayed at , can you name them as I'm always looking for good alternatives. Thanks

These are hotels known for Pattaya regulars.

Excellent value for money :

- March hotel / May hotel

- D Xpress

Great hotel but not cheap :

- Siam@Siam hotel Design

I stayed here a few times, I liked that the rooms had a wall mounted fan as well as aircon to cool you down.

2,000B deposit on arrival is a bit excessive, most other places I've stayed it's been 1000 max. The last time I stayed here I had to cough up some of that as my guest went a bit OTT on makeup and it ended up looking she'd shit herself all over one of my towels...D-Hotel maid was not impressed and I think I paid like a 200-300B fine.

It's good they've made some improvements (shade) around the pool area. One thing I noted about the pool was it was always very popular with dragonflies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2019 at 08:46, kendouk said:

I stayed here a few times, I liked that the rooms had a wall mounted fan as well as aircon to cool you down.

2,000B deposit on arrival is a bit excessive, most other places I've stayed it's been 1000 max. The last time I stayed here I had to cough up some of that as my guest went a bit OTT on makeup and it ended up looking she'd shit herself all over one of my towels...D-Hotel maid was not impressed and I think I paid like a 200-300B fine.

It's good they've made some improvements (shade) around the pool area. One thing I noted about the pool was it was always very popular with dragonflies.

I'm booked here next month, its a first for me and also staying on that end of Buakhow. Booked a superior at the front just hope they honour it.

3 hours ago, limirl said:

I'm booked here next month, its a first for me and also staying on that end of Buakhow. Booked a superior at the front just hope they honour it.

Why wouldn't they?

20 hours ago, limirl said:

Had 3 stays in D hotel, 2 in sister D Apt and 4 in D Xpress and room type I've booked has always been honoured every time, whether booked directly with the hotels or via Agoda

21 hours ago, gazman said:

Why wouldn't they?

I'm not worried about the booking, I had occasions in the past where the hotel has said the room type I booked is not available and they offer a room that is different from what I wanted or in the back of the hotel.

Archived